Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Basic Chunnel posted:

I wonder who they'll go with now that Justin Roberts is gone. Whoever they recorded for the 2K15 DLC was pretty bad

Lilian

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

pressedbunny posted:

The last game had some audio taken from broadcasts—Cena talking on the ramp, Paige's scream, etc—and it sticks out so badly it's worse than a studio recording. You don't notice it when it's part of a TV show, but the difference in sound quality between broadcast recordings and the audio you're used to coming from a game is too great to use.

They certainly could do more to studio recordings to make them sound more live, even just a little reverb and better crowd mixing would go a long way, but using actual arena recordings isn't the way to do it.

Reverb might help, but for me it's more in the performance. It's got to be a huge difference mentally between belting it out in front of 10,000+ people in an arena and doing in front of a single audio tech in a tiny room. Everyone just sounds so bored and uninterested.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
The problem with the announcing is The Fink isn't 25 years younger and doing it all himself.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

Shima Honnou posted:

The problem with the announcing is The Fink isn't 25 years younger and doing it all himself.

Gallows is still young.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Muddy Burphy posted:

Gallows is still young.

Gallows does ring announcing?

EDIT: You know that would be pretty funny if everyone who had anything to do with Straight Edge Society had jobs with WWE except CM Punk. I'm sure there are some floors Serena can mop or something.

Skunkrocker fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Aug 13, 2015

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

gallows regularly does a good fink impression on the bullet club podcast, talkin' shop

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Sabertooth and Bane, wrestling for 35 people in Peutro Rico.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Perry Normal posted:

that's not an american indie what the hell

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

KungFu Grip posted:

that's not an american indie what the hell

Puerto Rico is part of the US. :911:

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
How is it that there isn't a single Stevie Ray CAW for 2k15? How else am I gonna revive Harlem Heat :smith:

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Perry Normal posted:

This has to be the worst show I've seen in game. Jeep Swenson. Man.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

That's the first card I've seen anyone post from that game that didn't have at least one D+ or higher match

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Meanwhile I just accidentally had Cactus Jack win the AWA World Title from Ricky Steamboat, because apparently my plan for an interference based gently caress finish ending in a count out somehow let the title change hands.

Lesson learned about booking like WWE...

Saints Crow
Aug 25, 2006

Johnny is the name for God on the lips and hearts of all bangers

triplexpac posted:

I got an English patch for Virtual Pro Wrestling 2 and drat that game is fun. It's weird playing Wrestlemania 2000 but with a Puro roster

Where'd you find this patch? Wrestling game modders are the worst with their stupid KEEEEEP IT ALL SECRET garbage.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Saints Crow posted:

Where'd you find this patch? Wrestling game modders are the worst with their stupid KEEEEEP IT ALL SECRET garbage.

Yeah it's really annoying. There's a message board you have to sign up to to get the patch... but the site never sent me a confirmation email, so I could never get the newest version (v3)

http://s4.zetaboards.com/Old_Skool_Reunion/forum/3216416/

If you have better luck, maybe you could repost it?

Otherwise, I got an older version here:

http://z3.invisionfree.com/WldFb_Archive_Forum/index.php?showtopic=723

Works well enough, translates most things.

Claytor
Dec 5, 2011

triplexpac posted:

Yeah it's really annoying. There's a message board you have to sign up to to get the patch... but the site never sent me a confirmation email, so I could never get the newest version (v3)

http://s4.zetaboards.com/Old_Skool_Reunion/forum/3216416/

If you have better luck, maybe you could repost it?

Otherwise, I got an older version here:

http://z3.invisionfree.com/WldFb_Archive_Forum/index.php?showtopic=723

Works well enough, translates most things.

The download link on the forum actually takes you to a page on a different forum which requires its own separate registration before it will show you the mediafire link for the file.

So here's the mediafire link for the file.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ngn786kkw7lgblv/Virtual+Pro+Wrestling+2+English+Beta+3.rup

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Thank god they are keeping country music in the game

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
That's... not a terrible soundtrack all things considered. Granted, nothing will ever be as bad as the game with the WHEN MY HEEEP HAWMP song.

triplexpac posted:

Thank god they are keeping country music in the game

That Zac Brown Band song is p far from country

Muddy Burphy fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Aug 14, 2015

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Well then what the hell 2K, bring back country music to the soundtrack!!!

Edit: Does anyone else have trouble booking National promotions in TEW? I find the game expects too much to maintain or gain popularity, wanting every single A-show to be rated at least 80% or whatever is a pain in the rear end.

It would be nice if there was some flexibility, like if you have 3 sub-80 shows in a row THEN you take a popularity hit. You should be able to have a bad show without an immediate drop in popularity.

triplexpac fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Aug 14, 2015

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Game better have Mr. Perfect, if it's gonna have country.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

While I appreciate the inclusion of 'It's Tricky' I've gotta ask...uh...why?

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

triplexpac posted:

Well then what the hell 2K, bring back country music to the soundtrack!!!

Edit: Does anyone else have trouble booking National promotions in TEW? I find the game expects too much to maintain or gain popularity, wanting every single A-show to be rated at least 80% or whatever is a pain in the rear end.

It would be nice if there was some flexibility, like if you have 3 sub-80 shows in a row THEN you take a popularity hit. You should be able to have a bad show without an immediate drop in popularity.

It's pretty annoying. But at least the game really only grades on angles + main event + not having a disastrous 2nd from the top match

I usually just throw some good workers in a 1 v 1 main event with a clean finish and then do what I want with the rest. I do wish popularity in general was more gradual. It always feels like a nice fairly realistic climb up from the bottom, and then once you get to high cult level or so it's just random fluctuations between the game viewing you as current RoH or Early Hulk Hogan ERA WWF in popularity.

That said I did just immediately drop from national to cult in my current game despite having B B+ B shows. I guess wrestling isn't popular enough for WWF, AWA, and WCWA to all be National in size...so now we're all cult!

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

flashy_mcflash posted:

Gonna weave it in and out of matches, like SSX Tricky when you use your super boost thing.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Marquis de Pyro posted:

It's pretty annoying. But at least the game really only grades on angles + main event + not having a disastrous 2nd from the top match

I usually just throw some good workers in a 1 v 1 main event with a clean finish and then do what I want with the rest. I do wish popularity in general was more gradual. It always feels like a nice fairly realistic climb up from the bottom, and then once you get to high cult level or so it's just random fluctuations between the game viewing you as current RoH or Early Hulk Hogan ERA WWF in popularity.

That said I did just immediately drop from national to cult in my current game despite having B B+ B shows. I guess wrestling isn't popular enough for WWF, AWA, and WCWA to all be National in size...so now we're all cult!

Yeah this is the exact problem I'm having. I can't even imagine getting to a Global level. I got ECW to National, and both WWF and WCW dropped in popularity enough that they're on my level. You'd have to do consistent 90%+ shows to maintain Global, I assume. Seems impossible.

Maybe it's the mod's fault?

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
It looks like 2k16 has contextual dirty pins too:

http://youtu.be/eij9YdsHVTc

Also the CAWs have actual beard options now (like huge 3D Daniel Bryan beards) and clothing parts can be given textures like matte, metallic, etc.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Looks like the one soundtrack song I'll have on repeat this year is Billy Idol

triplexpac posted:

Yeah this is the exact problem I'm having. I can't even imagine getting to a Global level. I got ECW to National, and both WWF and WCW dropped in popularity enough that they're on my level. You'd have to do consistent 90%+ shows to maintain Global, I assume. Seems impossible.

Could be. Bigger Feds require better stats, I think, even in a popularity-based product in which you might otherwise push a Zack Ryder to the main event. But in our WWE game it seems like overness and (maybe?) momentum drive the bulk of match and angle ratings (definitely angle ratings). Theoretically you should be able to build up enough guys at Cult level to sustain a push into National. But tbh I don't know for sure

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

flashy_mcflash posted:

Steve Austin breakdancing cutscene

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

triplexpac posted:

I think it's a lot easier if you're doing a pure work rate based fed, I have way more trouble with more realistic ones. In my 1990s AJPW type promotion I easily stayed Global just by having my top guys wrestle in the main events every show and rolling out A after A after A. My PPVs would easily be A* (tip: if you have the money, waste it on all of the bonus poo poo like celebrities, throw that and a good main event in and you're golden)

But with crappier workers it's so much harder. One guy loses some overness and suddenly your main event is a C+ and you drop 50 ranks in popularity over night. Now that I'm stuck with Cactus Jack (the 1990 Cactus Jack at that) as my world champ it's basically impossible to get above a B- unless he's facing someone he has great chemistry with. And a B- is an instant 'lost popularity in 16 regions' for me at this point.

It's definitely a challenge. If you want to actually be creative and do fun things with your booking you almost have to settle for being a smaller promotion....which may actually be shockingly realistic.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Skunkrocker posted:

I really wish they threw in an easter egg where the ring announcer has a 1 in a 100 chance to gently caress up the name of the person or something, just like in real life.

"Making his way to the ring, your WWE World Heavyweight Champion, SETH HOLLINS!"

This match is for the WWE CHAMPIONSHIAWWWW

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Was the Wii version of 2k13 the only 2k- game that had just wrestler themes? Honestly I always preferred that since it hilariously dated the games; I liked going back, hearing "NO WAY AAAUAUUUUGUHHHH" and chuckling at the memory of David Otunga being around.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
As someone who once spent far too long (i.e. any time) making Billy Idol in one of these games, I appreciate the inclusion of the gremlin-faced pop-lord's rightful entrance theme.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

pressedbunny posted:

As someone who once spent far too long (i.e. any time) making Billy Idol in one of these games, I appreciate the inclusion of the gremlin-faced pop-lord's rightful entrance theme.

Honestly, I would use "Super Overdrive" as his theme.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

The mechanic to break out of a pin in the 2k series is keeping me from buying this. goddamnit just bring back button mashing.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

super macho dude posted:

The mechanic to break out of a pin in the 2k series is keeping me from buying this. goddamnit just bring back button mashing.

I too love ruining my hands playing video games.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Lady Naga posted:

Was the Wii version of 2k13 the only 2k- game that had just wrestler themes? Honestly I always preferred that since it hilariously dated the games; I liked going back, hearing "NO WAY AAAUAUUUUGUHHHH" and chuckling at the memory of David Otunga being around.

Holy poo poo, they kept releasing the WWE games on Wii up until WWE 13? I thought they stopped after the first couple years and the motion controls were of course terrible. I feel like I need to own this.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

QTEs ruined my Xbox controllers and I've no desire to revisit them

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Lady Naga posted:

I too love ruining my hands playing video games.

do you mash buttons by banging your controller against a table?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Holy poo poo, they kept releasing the WWE games on Wii up until WWE 13? I thought they stopped after the first couple years and the motion controls were of course terrible. I feel like I need to own this.

It's like how the PS2 kept getting soccer games until...2010 or '11 I think?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

You can use classic/gamecube controllers with them so it's just like playing a graphically inferior version of the PS360 games :shrug:

do you mash buttons by banging your controller against a table?

Repeatedly pressing buttons fast, especially at the frequency you'd need to to escape pins, tends to hurt your hands. I didn't think this is something that would need explaining but here we are.

Chris James 2 posted:

It's like how the PS2 kept getting soccer games until...2010 or '11 I think?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFA_14