Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Dandy Kaiser posted:

Peterson is a 7-year professional football player who's three years older than me and in terms of body age and milage is probably 10 years younger. Dude is a freak and basically spent the last year in cryo-stasis. I'd be taking him easily and then be looking for a better long-term keeper later in the draft.

That's nice but I'd rather keep the younger stud in a keeper league. Whoever he doesn't keep is unlikely to end up on his roster later on. Since he can only keep one of his studs, I am assuming he has to pay a first no matter who he chooses. He probably won't encounter a rookie that's worth a first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

old dog child posted:

That's nice but I'd rather keep the younger stud in a keeper league. Whoever he doesn't keep is unlikely to end up on his roster later on.

My impression by that question is that you only get one keeper, it's barely a keeper league to be honest, you should just take the guy that's the better value at 1.14 and that's got to be Peterson.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I did not mean to imply there's a major difference between Lacy and Peterson. I think their production will be similar over the season. I'm just going with the younger guy in the more potent offense because I think his long-term value is much better. To be totally honest, he can't go wrong if he chooses Peterson, Lacy, or Brown. DT is the only truly "bad" option.

e: also assuming that he probably won't see the non-kept studs on his roster after the draft unless he has a :master: trade.

vvv That's totally fair. I might be overthinking this

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Aug 15, 2015

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I guess it's just difference of opinion I suppose. In a more in-depth keeper league, I'd probably entertain Lacy (or honestly Brown, with RB turnover being what it is he might be the only top-10 pick in 2-3 years). But if it's a league where I'm only keeping one guy and that guy has to cost me a first, I'm going for value this year above all else and then hopefully I get lucky late somewhere and/or I just end up keeping whatever guy gives me the best value ADP-relative next year and drafting the BPA with my 1st rounder.

e: To me, unless you have some crazy value (like LVB or OBJ super late) in a one-keeper league, it's basically a re-draft where you get to keep a player. Basically, if you keep Peterson, you're looking down the barrel of a Peterson & Julio/Megatron/Jordy 1-2 punch, in a season where Peterson outscoring Lacy wouldn't surprise me one bit, in a 14-teamer. I'll take that every. single. time.

old dog child posted:

vvv That's totally fair. I might be overthinking this

Yeah, if it's a 14-teamer and everyone gets one keeper, at best, the top-14 guys are off the board. If I'm picking at 14, I just take the guy who is the closest to #1 overall and then take player #15 at the turn. I guess there then you're running into whether you prefer Peterson or Lacy, and all respect due to Eddie, I'll take AD.

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Aug 15, 2015

RTM
May 21, 2001

hewwo!
Yeah sorry, I should have specified. It's a .5 PPR league and keeper counts as your first round pick, no matter where you drafted them in the previous year. Which is too bad because I picked up AP off the waiver wire. No limit on how many years you keep a player.

It's a good point that I would have many more years of keeping Lacy than AP, but I actually got Lacy last year at pick 13, DT at the turn, and then Brown at the end of the 3rd. Lets just say that it's not a league full of experts. I probably won't have any trouble getting decent players in the future, even at a high pick.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

In light of all that, I would definitely keep Peterson (or Lacy, really it's preference but I do have him above Lacy this year, personally)

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

You guys are arguing over stupid poo poo. A real question is if Victor Cruz has to decide between starting Julio Jones and OBJ, who the hell is his other WR?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Yeah, go with Peterson if they're a bunch of dummies.

jabro posted:

You guys are arguing over stupid poo poo. A real question is if Victor Cruz has to decide between starting Julio Jones and OBJ, who the hell is his other WR?

:laffo:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

jabro posted:

His Dynasty game is STRONG

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I took OBJ in like the 12th round last year. If it was keeper... woo boy.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Simms is the Starchild of football.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
OK, it looks like my long time league will be a keeper league starting with this draft. Are there any ratings for that? I am thinking Luck 1-1 if I lucked into it, but don't know if that is even right, or anything else.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Totally depends on what your keeper rules are. Post them and we can go from there.

How many players can you keep?
What is the cost for keeping them?
Penalties for keeping players for multiple years?
Etc

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I can hardly contain myself!
R.I.P C.J Anderson

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

What happened? :ohdear:

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Hopefully he's just commenting on the fact that he has a sub-3 YPC while both Hillman and Ball are near 6.

e: I'm not watching the game because lol but aside from one 10+ yard run apiece, the three backs are currently sitting at:

Hillman: 3 carries for 14 yards, 4.7 YPC
Ball: 3 carries for 11 yards, 3.7 YPC
Anderson: 2 carries for -3 yards, -1.5 YPC

So, basically each has a big run and none of them are doing exceptional. 4.7 YPC is pretty good from Hillman but lol seriously Ronnie Hillman get real

Unless he's actually hurt..... :ohdear:

e2: oh no :stonk:

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Aug 15, 2015

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

Looked like he got rolled up on a bit, fumbled, and limped off the field. Rotoworld is calling it a minor ankle tweak.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Epi Lepi posted:

Yo Beer, your dropbox account got locked due to too much traffic.

This is very distressing since my draft is tomorrow. :ohdear:

e: Of course it works immediately after I post.

Every August I remember that I need to pay Drop Box :10bux: to keep the pipes open.

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

Excuse the double post, but does anyone know how Yahoo is handling their smack talk this year? For most of last year it was completely awesome, each match up had its own smack talk and you could post pictures, gifs, videos, whatever. Then they totally killed it by turning smack talk into essentially a league wide instant messenger client with no pic/gif/video support. Also why can't I have a gif as my avatar in the year 2015?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Hop on the Tyrod Taylor train y'all :getin:

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Michael Corleone posted:

OK, it looks like my long time league will be a keeper league starting with this draft. Are there any ratings for that? I am thinking Luck 1-1 if I lucked into it, but don't know if that is even right, or anything else.

Is it 2QB/superflex or 6 point passing TD? If no, Luck at 1.01 is too early by at least 10 or so picks. You can look up dynasty rankings to get a feel for how long term value factors into rankings.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Yeah, CJ Anderson left with an ankle injury.

This is why I never draft until after the third preseason game.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

yeah, a few guys in my keeper league wanted to draft this weekend and i was like hell of no

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I wanted to push the draft back to the end of August but everybody apparently has "plans" so we have to do it at loving 9am tomorrow. :wtc:

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Drafting the Sunday before the season starts like a normal drat person

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Having 6 different leagues with people on different continents like a normal drat person

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Yeah, drafting early sucks. But, sometimes it can't be helped.

Sppppppeaking of, I've got my work draft this Sunday. Unfortunately, the boss had the wrong date in his mind and can't be there. Incase he can't find a representative to draft for him, I'm gonna have to "autodraft" his team. It's a live draft. I've put my foot down on everybody else that couldn't be there. But, it's the boss, sooo.......what borderline lovely rankings can I go off of without it not being legit? Not going off my Beersheets, that's for sure :colbert:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

NFL.com rankings. :getin:

Tell him obviously the National Football League website will have the most accurate rankings.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

RVProfootballer posted:

Is it 2QB/superflex or 6 point passing TD? If no, Luck at 1.01 is too early by at least 10 or so picks. You can look up dynasty rankings to get a feel for how long term value factors into rankings.

It is 6 points for passing TDs, 1qb 2 rb 2wr 2 rb/wr and 1wr/te. Standard scoring and IDP but obv. would not consider an IDP lol.

e; Luck is borderline first round I guess even with the 6 point TDs. Young stud WR's seem to be the top 4. Good thing my whole league thinks I am obsessed with getting Luck, gonna leave that out there.

Might Just roll out a value package of Brady and Bridgewater.

Michael Corleone fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Aug 15, 2015

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

Not sure why it's a competitive advantage to lead your league mates to believe you're choosing a guy you're actually not with the first pick. "Antonio Brown, haha I got you good fuckers. You thought I was going with Luck"

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

89 posted:

Yeah, drafting early sucks. But, sometimes it can't be helped.

Sppppppeaking of, I've got my work draft this Sunday. Unfortunately, the boss had the wrong date in his mind and can't be there. Incase he can't find a representative to draft for him, I'm gonna have to "autodraft" his team. It's a live draft. I've put my foot down on everybody else that couldn't be there. But, it's the boss, sooo.......what borderline lovely rankings can I go off of without it not being legit? Not going off my Beersheets, that's for sure :colbert:

Make him provide his own rankings.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Don't know what the picks are till 30 minutes before the draft. Yahoo :( Next year we will once keepers are rolled out.

e; Yes just tell him to use ESPN mock draft ADP.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Every August I remember that I need to pay Drop Box :10bux: to keep the pipes open.

Hey, if you are ever looking for help with beersheets stuff I happen to be a statistician and I'm pretty good at excel, just let me know if there's anything I can do.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Sweet so i may have gore abdullah and possibly cj now if i go zero rb? Get the gently caress in

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Kevin White's fantasy sleeper season is ending before it begins

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
All aboard the Eddie Royal hype train

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Best last round pick I've made

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

the_american_dream posted:

Sweet so i may have gore abdullah and possibly cj now if i go zero rb? Get the gently caress in

They are all gone by round 5 so not really

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
Amer Abdullah is one of those players that you will not be able to scoop up as easily if you draft late rather than early. I wouldn't be surprised if he moves up a round or two between now and the start of the season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drizzle
Jul 7, 2004

The world is a fine place and worth the fighting for and I hate very much to leave it.
Abdullah will be easily going in the third in a week or two (especially if Bell keeps sitting out)

• Locked thread