Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
I keep waiting for an update saying that they've come to their senses and have realized how loving boring/useless the last tier of perks are and are and will actually be implementing something useful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
I'm suddenly rethinking my stance on PhysX.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Shumagorath posted:

I'm suddenly rethinking my stance on PhysX.

I'm wondering how big a Bloat will get when I boil their insides with the microwave gun.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Kris xK posted:

I keep waiting for an update saying that they've come to their senses and have realized how loving boring/useless the last tier of perks are and are and will actually be implementing something useful.

While I agree that ZED time perks / ZED time itself sucks, I think the feature and those last tier perks are part of the games design document and unfortunately here to stay.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Revolver Bunker posted:

I'm wondering how big a Bloat will get when I boil their insides with the microwave gun.

Hit him with it in a doorway and block it off so nothing can get past. Just some arms and legs wiggling on either side.

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!

Skoll posted:

While I agree that ZED time perks / ZED time itself sucks, I think the feature and those last tier perks are part of the games design document and unfortunately here to stay.

Hence pushing for changes to the ZED time mechanic.

Doctor Syrup
Apr 7, 2009

Can't wait to make some Clot Dogs.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
I wonder how many marshmallows were microwaved while making this weapon.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

That gun is cool as heck

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Are people impatient? Yes they're impatient. I'm not because I didn't turbospergplay on Day 1. And unfortunately I haven't even seen the level 5 perks in action yet.

And yes, I was just browsing some thread far away and am annoyed, why do you ask.

Doctor Syrup posted:

Can't wait to make some Clot Dogs.

Killing Floor 2: Clot Dog Castle.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

It's like the Expander from Duke Nukem 3D, but this time it doesn't suck.

Also, the new perk reworking looks nice. It seems you actually have to make some choices as Commando this time around.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

I'm hoping for a 10gb update that brings people back in droves. Map voting/kick voting alone are great things to have. I just hope there's lots of little touches and polish that makes the game play that much better :3

also that it loving comes out as soon as it's humanly possible what's the deal Tripwire WHAT'S THE DEAL

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

I'm hoping for a 10gb update that brings people back in droves. Map voting/kick voting alone are great things to have. I just hope there's lots of little touches and polish that makes the game play that much better :3

also that it loving comes out as soon as it's humanly possible what's the deal Tripwire WHAT'S THE DEAL

Map votings already in. Some servers have it, some don't. It's a setting. The most important addition imo that they need is Insult Players.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Its never coming, just be happy with what we got and play it forever.

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

Kris xK posted:

On the other hand, you really only have to level a perk to level 20 to feel really useful with it, while still being able to level to 25 to watch your numbers go up for a bit longer and improve it slightly, so you don't avoid playing a perk you've gotten to "very useful" status because you can't get more XP despite that perk maybe being useful in the team composition. It kinda makes sense from a mind-games dev perspective.

Alternatively, I'm crazy and dumb.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Everyone who says the wait for this update isn't worth it is a god damned dirty liar.

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
That takes me back to good ol' soldier of fortune, it also reminds me of that Call of Duty Commercial with the secret lab. I guess it'll be a SWAT weapon?

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Now they just gotta add the Duke Nukem 3D gun that miniaturizes enemies so you can squish them.

Unclean009
Mar 27, 2010

QwertySanchez posted:

That takes me back to good ol' soldier of fortune, it also reminds me of that Call of Duty Commercial with the secret lab. I guess it'll be a SWAT weapon?

Its the top tier fire bug weapon strangely.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I like Zed Time. I am fine with how it is currently implemented.

I agree the last tier of "During Zed Time, you-" perks is :geno:

But I kinda like them because that means all the good stuff is out of the way by level 20, and they aren't hiding fast reloads or other talents people actually care about at level cap. I like the last stretch of levels being "And here is a quirky thing we think is cool" instead of "HAH, we put your most vital/QoL improving talent at the level cap because GAME DESIGN".

Section Z fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Aug 15, 2015

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
My only complaint with the zed time skills is that how they are currently implemented, most of them don't matter. The Medic ones are especially bad - they give your heal darts a bonus during zed time, but only if they hit during zed time. If you were already healing people, you probably won't have a dart ready, and even if you do, the darts travel somewhat slowly even without zed time - in zed-time they are downright sluggish. It's actually really easy to miss what you're aiming at when you dart in zed time just because the darts are almost moving slower than the other players and the zeds are. And then Support will basically only ever trigger Zed Time right after unloading a clip, so none of their zed time bonuses matter because they won't have bullets to shoot to get the bonus.

Passive zed time bonuses like the Firebug one that makes your fire deal more damage per tick and the Berserker ones to move normally during Zed Time definitely seem the way to go in the future, and I hope they can retool all of the zed perks to be as helpful.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
If they're willing to revamp perks like they did for the Commando, I imagine they'll be willing to revamp the zed time perks at some point. The point of early access is also for them to get this kind of feedback and make changes.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Here is to dreaming that the update after this one is faster, given how SWAT/Gunslinger/Sharpshooter probably don't need too many new mechanics added to make them work in comparison to Firebug and Demo. Ninja will depend on how satisfied TW is with the melee balance in the upcoming patch.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
I think revamping the Zed-Time perks can wait till they have all 10 classes in the game - it'd be easier to outline what exactly they want each perk to do then; and since Zed Time perks are basically "do what you do, but kinda better" it'd allow them to rework them/make something else that's interesting and doesn't step on any other toes class-wise.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

For whoever was asking about custom maps, the Tripwire forum currently has around 114 to varying degrees of quality. Most of the ones on the front page/with more than a few pages of posts are pretty good:

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/forumdisplay.php?f=211

Add em to your goon servers, folks!

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
PAX is two weeks away, I imagine they may push the update out around then. I don't know if they have a booth this year or not, though.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

For whoever was asking about custom maps, the Tripwire forum currently has around 114 to varying degrees of quality. Most of the ones on the front page/with more than a few pages of posts are pretty good:

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/forumdisplay.php?f=211

Add em to your goon servers, folks!

I have taken a look at a few and can at least suggest BioticsLab2009, Frozen, HorzineDistrict (still needs work, but big and playable), and SectorC3 as not being overly buggy or lazy. I only play them on my LAN though. For all I know they are exploitable poo poo that will grief you hard online.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Achievements for the next two maps are up, I guess.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

gnome7 posted:

My only complaint with the zed time skills is that how they are currently implemented, most of them don't matter. The Medic ones are especially bad - they give your heal darts a bonus during zed time, but only if they hit during zed time. If you were already healing people, you probably won't have a dart ready, and even if you do, the darts travel somewhat slowly even without zed time - in zed-time they are downright sluggish. It's actually really easy to miss what you're aiming at when you dart in zed time just because the darts are almost moving slower than the other players and the zeds are. And then Support will basically only ever trigger Zed Time right after unloading a clip, so none of their zed time bonuses matter because they won't have bullets to shoot to get the bonus.

Passive zed time bonuses like the Firebug one that makes your fire deal more damage per tick and the Berserker ones to move normally during Zed Time definitely seem the way to go in the future, and I hope they can retool all of the zed perks to be as helpful.

Easy fix - when Zed Time triggers, Medics get all their medi-juice back (and their darts travel at normal speed, so it's piss easy to heal people) and Supports get a fresh clip.

Boom, done, Support players now yell AW HELL YEAH every time zed time triggers and medics can get their entire team patched up. Like specifically for Support, that'd feel so sweet if you're blasting at a Fleshpound with the AA12, are about to run out, and zed time pops and you get to just keep smashing that thing in the face

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Magres posted:

Easy fix - when Zed Time triggers, Medics get all their medi-juice back (and their darts travel at normal speed, so it's piss easy to heal people) and Supports get a fresh clip.

Boom, done, Support players now yell AW HELL YEAH every time zed time triggers and medics can get their entire team patched up. Like specifically for Support, that'd feel so sweet if you're blasting at a Fleshpound with the AA12, are about to run out, and zed time pops and you get to just keep smashing that thing in the face

This is actually pretty cool, though wouldn't benefit the ol boomstick that much because if you're empty (such as say, blowing away enough zeds with both barrels to trigger Zedtime), you're already in the reload animation.

Suddenly having a full load would be nice for every single other shotgun in the game though, I'd be happy to see that happen even if it was wonky for boomsticks. Even if I can admit "every time zed time happens, free shotgun refill!" sounds pretty busted. Maybe it it transferred ammo you already had left directly into your mag?

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Yeah I'd go with the latter, don't just vomit free ammo at supports.

Another way to do it would be to have you reload at regular speed while in zed time. Wouldn't help the AA12 as much, but still would help, and would make the boomstick glorious

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
What if instead of having all these ZedTime perks just kick off automatically, instead you could just build up charges like crits in TF2 or something, that you could then choose to activate during ZedTime. So like if my Support has a 'Fire at Normal Speed' charge ready to go, but ZT activates when I'm reloading, I just don't use it. But the next time when I've got half a clip left in my AA12 with a Scrake bearing down, I can hit the new ZT Skill button and get some extra firepower into him during the slowdown. Charges could build up slowly over time by performing 'class skills' i.e. heals for Medics, headshots for SS/Commando etc.

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!
Wasn't the ZED time perks for commando the only really good ones since not only are they more likely to have ammo in a mag when it drops, but they were both basically "and your gun kills things better now, have at it".

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

End of the week, maybe? It's just QA left at this point, right? Does know if Questioner is alive?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

End of the week, maybe? It's just QA left at this point, right? Does know if Questioner is alive?

well, if it's in QA I'd expect Questioner is busy doing their actual job (which is ... QA) instead of loving around on the forums

I feel like end of the week is very optimistic for a turnaround on a QA pass but it's not like I know for sure or anything.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

i cannot believe questioner and killing floor 2 are dead what a world we live in

Professor Cthulhu
Jul 14, 2007

I got my Associate degree at Miskatonic Community College.

Somebody better say "they plump when you cook em" for this weapon.

Psy890
Jan 18, 2005
This is currently 15% off at bundlestars.

http://www.bundlestars.com/store/killing-floor-2/

Questioner86
Feb 8, 2006
Gaming Freak Of Nature
Things are cranking right along and Yoshiro will continue to drop information as soon as he can.

Things are busy for the whole QA department and the company as a whole. While we're doing our thing some people have moved onto work for the next update and some people are iterating on content Incinerate & Detonate. Performance optimizations, tweaks based on internal playtest data, refinements and bug fixes are still rolling in but soon we'll start slowing down the checkins to only critical fixes and start getting the build ready for the public. I showed off some of the new features to some friends I had over at my house this weekend and seeing their reactions got me really excited for you all to see the new content. Hopefully you'll think it was worth the wait once you get a chance to see all the cool new stuff.

edit: Just kidding, I'm actually dead and I'm taking the source code with me to the grave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Questioner86 posted:

Things are cranking right along and Yoshiro will continue to drop information as soon as he can.

Things are busy for the whole QA department and the company as a whole. While we're doing our thing some people have moved onto work for the next update and some people are iterating on content Incinerate & Detonate. Performance optimizations, tweaks based on internal playtest data, refinements and bug fixes are still rolling in but soon we'll start slowing down the checkins to only critical fixes and start getting the build ready for the public. I showed off some of the new features to some friends I had over at my house this weekend and seeing their reactions got me really excited for you all to see the new content. Hopefully you'll think it was worth the wait once you get a chance to see all the cool new stuff.

edit: Just kidding, I'm actually dead and I'm taking the source code with me to the grave.

please continue to gently caress with dorkasaurus as much as you can tia.

Also I'm super excited that demo is finally gonna be in, can't wait to see all the hard work you guys put in in action!