Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Verranicus posted:

The music in Library is awful and I don't know how anyone can like it.

Library's music is fantastic as a piece, but awful as a dungeon track. It's too short and too jarring to listen to for a half hour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

more like dICK
Feb 15, 2010

This is inevitable.

Verranicus posted:

Actually you're awful

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
Like basically all of the dungeon music in HW it's really great.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
Library's music is really weird for an RPG dungeon and that's kind of what makes it great.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Verranicus posted:

Next you'll say the alexander boss music sucks.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Library's music is really weird for an RPG dungeon and that's kind of what makes it great.

While Soken's 2.0 work is wonderful, I will still fight anyone who thinks Uematsu's 1.0 soundtrack was inappropriate or non-thematic. To the death. Punch a squirrel, guitars start blaring, it was amazing. It almost made you forget how bad 1.0 battles were.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?
Aside from Quicksand, what other battle themes were there?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Hang on this game has music and sound in general?

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Malloreon posted:

I like Alexanders music.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

It's perfectly fitting as an RPG dungeon track, just one from about '91 or so.

still dope.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Alex is way better. I like Gubal, but the tempo changes are really jarring.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Verranicus posted:

Please source your quotes.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Have you never played a game scored by Shoji Meguro

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Verranicus posted:

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.

Niton posted:

Aside from Quicksand, what other battle themes were there?

TBS

La Noscea

Mor Dhona used the battle theme that you hear during boss fights in stuff like halatali hard (the final boss theme in that dungeon was phase 2 of levequests)

Coerthas used Pennons Aloft which plays in a lot of story fights in 2.0

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Eej posted:

Have you never played a game scored by Shoji Meguro
I dunno, the cool/weird neo-bebop of library doesn't really seem very similar to Meguro's JRPG-ized hip hop/pop style to me, aside from like "they both feature vaguely jazzy piano and percussion" which is a lot of music

e: Also a tune is hardly Meguro unless it features completely unintelligible "English" lyrics

Panic! at Nabisco fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Aug 15, 2015

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Hivac posted:

TBS

La Noscea

Mor Dhona used the battle theme that you hear during boss fights in stuff like halatali hard (the final boss theme in that dungeon was phase 2 of levequests)

God I love the La Noscean 1.0 battle theme so much, and I don't think they've put it in 2.0 anywhere yet :(

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Boten Anna posted:

God I love the La Noscean 1.0 battle theme so much, and I don't think they've put it in 2.0 anywhere yet :(

I feel like this would've made good Fractal Continuum music.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Hivac posted:

TBS

La Noscea

i want black shroud's battle theme and i want it now

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.

Doublestep posted:

i want black shroud's battle theme and i want it now

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Oh I thought the la noscean music was just the battle music period in 1.0

durr

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Seal Rock would probably be pretty fun with a premade. Even just queuing solo, I'm having a good time with it though.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Malloreon posted:

It sounds cool, but I prefer a more progressive tune. The boss music stalls in the middle and really kills it for me.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
The Gubal library music is great for being so different than the rest of the game.
Unfortunately it's so different that it stands out and the way that it stands out (sudden tone/style shifts) isn't a good thing.

Aside from that it sort of fits in a 'background noise so you won't go insane while researching a million of the books in here' elevator/waiting room tune. A nice change but I'm glad I only have to go through one levels worth of XP of it.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
lol if you don't think gubal is the best music of heavensward

Touchfuzzy
Dec 5, 2010
Let me say my opinion on this, too.

It's alright.

TheShadowAvatar
Nov 25, 2004

Ain't Nothing But A Family Thing

I hadn't seen anything like some of the screenshots seen here about Balmung and I started to doubt their authenticity. Then late at night I hear this Gridania shout.

Durash Elakha: ♂x♂ male RP pst
Durash Elakha: ♂x♂ male RP pst

Welp.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?

Doublestep posted:

lol if you don't think gubal is the best music of heavensward

I'm hugely partial to both primals' themes, especially Bismarck. It really is a shame that there's no reason to run him, because p2 owns bones.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Unofficial 3.1 details from some Japanese blog, (kind of has a HW spoiler in there)

quote:

last 24 man was from a reference to Final Fantasy III’s Crystal Tower, this time the new 24 man raid will be a FFXIV Original

Training Dummy can now measure your DPS without third party programs.

:siren:New Emote “Vanu Vanu dance”:siren:

Display of Party members’ TP (bar rather than a numerical value)

vOv fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Aug 15, 2015

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
YES VANU VANU DANCE

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
These changes are all very interesting. Training Dummy DPS measurement is nice too. And gently caress yeah Vanu Vanu dance. :v:

The housing moving is something they talked about in regards to a possible implementation of a ward in Ishgard. I think the idea is that they want people to be able to buy houses without being afraid of regretting not waiting for a new area, since houses are not particularly cheap. I wonder if 3.1 will finally introduce more plots and hopefully a fix in their infrastructure.

quote:

New Furniture [Orchestrion] (3.1 or later)

It's an MMO Ouroboros. A Wowroboros if you will.

Sendo
Jul 26, 2011

Oh they are finally adding a jukebox for housing, I always thought that would have been the first thing they would have added with the music being drops from the specific dungeon/trial it plays in.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

I'm running a guild with some friends of mine on a non-excalibur server, and I have a very vital question:

Is the guild leader the only person who can change the FC tag, or can that right be granted to people at other ranks?

dmboogie fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Aug 15, 2015

Carver
Jan 14, 2003

Right now it is still just the guild leader that can change the tag. You can't grant the ability to anyone else.

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Ignimbrite posted:

YES VANU VANU DANCE

All of the Vanu Vanu dailies better be emote quests about finding NPCs and doing the Vanu Vanu dance for them

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Is there still no way to make a char on Excalibur without getting up in the middle of the night

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Eonwe posted:

Is there still no way to make a char on Excalibur without getting up in the middle of the night

You could make a character on another server and transfer it

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I'm interested in seeing how the Beginner's Palace operates. I'd been hoping they would implement actual class training into the game for a while, now, so it's encouraging to see that they realize it's an issue.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
i hope the beginners palace deletes your character if you can't meet the dps check

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
You need a montage.

• Locked thread