Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

a cop posted:

The crux of "Don't think about it" is that Morty, in Rick's eyes, is incapable of thinking about it. Rick and Morty is a show that thinks about it.

The ways in which the show Rick and Morty "thinks about it" is different from the way goons think about it. Goons think about it by debating the fantasy physics of a box that creates blue chore goblins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Guy A. Person posted:

The ways in which the show Rick and Morty "thinks about it" is different from the way goons think about it. Goons think about it by debating the fantasy physics of a box that creates blue chore goblins.

Cool.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Siamang posted:

No, saying something like 'this is poo poo' would be dick. I said it was cool but had some pretty apparent influences. Sorry about your tenderness!

Who cares, he posted some design concepts for a ship that was included in the show. He's not asking us to critique them, he's showing us the concepts he drew before he arrived at the final result. I don't see how your opinion of his designs is being requested at all.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
(presses button on Mr. Meeseeks box) Mr. Meeseeks please stop this tedious derail

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Are goons Jerrys or Meeseeks?

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Raserys posted:

(presses button on Mr. Meeseeks box) Mr. Meeseeks please stop this tedious derail

Keep your requests simple. They're not (burrrrp) gods.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Raserys posted:

I thought this was the rick and morty thread, I'm sorry.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

a cop posted:

I thought this was the rick and morty thread, I'm sorry.

20 percent right as usual, a cop

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Raserys posted:

Caaan do!

(The Something Awful server explodes)

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

JT Jag posted:

Caaan do!

(The Something Awful server explodes)

Mr. Meeseeks, make the Jaguars good

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Top Hats Monthly posted:

"Caaan do!

Now see Mr. Khan, you need to acquire a franchise quarterback!"

"So, do I draft a talented player, or do I develop someone?"

"Well see Mr. Khan, you gotta do BOTH!"

"I can't do both!"

"Hold on, Mr. Khan, I'll get some help here." *poof* "I'm Mr. Meeseeks!" "Hey Mr. Meeseeks, I'm Mr. Meeseeks. I'm just trying to make the Jaguars good." "Did you tell him to draft and develop a franchise quarterback?" "Oooh, he's trying!"

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

JT Jag posted:

"Caaan do!

Now see Mr. Khan, you need to acquire a franchise quarterback!"

"So, do I draft a talented player, or do I develop someone?"

"Well see Mr. Khan, you gotta do BOTH!"

"I can't do both!"

"Hold on, Mr. Khan, I'll get some help here." *poof* "I'm Mr. Meeseeks!" "Hey Mr. Meeseeks, I'm Mr. Meeseeks. I'm just trying to make the Jaguars good." "Did you tell him to draft and develop a franchise quarterback?" "Oooh, he's trying!"

Good lord. Please stop

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I'm kind of a stickler Meeseeks, how's your nickel package drop zone coverage?

grabs random Jags fan. Holds knife to their throat

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Last Chance posted:

Good lord. Please stop

Keep going actually, this entertains me greatly

Unibrow
May 12, 2001

Fellbat posted:

Oh god, we are the daycare for Jerrys.

The TV IV > Rick and Morty: Come see the ongoing transcribed audio feed for Jerryboree™

palamedes
Mar 9, 2008

a cop posted:

The crux of "Don't think about it" is that Morty, in Rick's eyes, is incapable of thinking about it. Rick and Morty is a show that thinks about it.

I took it as more like "There's no time to think about it." Half the stuff they deal with, weird alien life cycle included, could be explained by Rick to Morty. But they were running from the drat cops at the time. Not the time for whiteboards and such.

Tempo 119
Apr 17, 2006

He says don't think about it because it's upsetting

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

I thought all these new posts were from the next episode but nope it was....something else.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Fellbat posted:

Oh god, we are the daycare for Jerrys.

:psyduck:

Now I can't help but read every post in Chris Parnell's voice.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Now that you mention it, I think Morty's most common phrase in the show is literally "Uh, I dunno, Rick."

He really doesn't think about it. Anyone who stops and thinks about it is a danger to Rick in any number of ways. Morty has pluck and maybe a touch of luck, and never stops to question what is happening unless they face imminent doom, and even then all he does is just explain to Rick what they have done so far throughout the episode, but he doesn't really challenge Rick at all to make things right.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Darcel Jones, Team Jaguar

rarrrwrrr

Med School
Feb 27, 2012

Where did you learn how to do that?

Bust Rodd posted:

Now that you mention it, I think Morty's most common phrase in the show is literally "Uh, I dunno, Rick."

He really doesn't think about it. Anyone who stops and thinks about it is a danger to Rick in any number of ways. Morty has pluck and maybe a touch of luck, and never stops to question what is happening unless they face imminent doom, and even then all he does is just explain to Rick what they have done so far throughout the episode, but he doesn't really challenge Rick at all to make things right.

In the Unity episode Morty and Summer challenged Rick and thought about it a lot...

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Bust Rodd posted:

Anyone who stops and thinks about it is a danger to Rick in any number of ways.

Med School posted:

In the Unity episode Morty and Summer challenged Rick and thought about it a lot...

... which led to Unity thinking about stuff, which led to Rick thinking about stuff, which led to his attempted suicide. Yep, checks out.

Catsplosion
Aug 19, 2007

I am become Dwarf, the destroyer of cats.

Squall posted:

You heard about Pluto? That's messed up, right?

Such a terrible chat up line.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

It's too bad Uncle Steve isn't real. For once it seemed Jerry had a family member who didn't berate his intelligence :gbsmith:

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

Inspector Gesicht posted:

It's too bad Uncle Steve isn't real. For once it seemed Jerry had a family member who didn't berate his intelligence :gbsmith:

That's how you knew it was a lie.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP

ultramiraculous posted:

Can we make "thinking about it" bannnable please? ...mods?

I see the thought police have already infiltrated our community. The only way we can stop this before it happened is by calling the time police.

Everyone high your hyperion crystal snorters and put flowers in the popping-vacuum enertronic space-bongs to make them look like vases.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
I don't understand how some of you can take a really funny show about fake poo poo that doesn't matter except when in the service of comedy and discuss it like a bunch of insufferable nerds debating about pokemon power levels.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Hobohemian posted:

I don't understand how some of you can take a really funny show about fake poo poo that doesn't matter except when in the service of comedy and discuss it like a bunch of insufferable nerds debating about pokemon power levels.
Ahh, so what you're saying is that the Meeseeks Box is basically just an overcrowded Pokeball filled with suicidal fairy-type pokemon? Yeah, that makes sense.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Hobohemian posted:

Posts like these are insufferable, to me. I generally don't pout about stuff that annoys me all the time though. Just let the discussion flow.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Hobohemian posted:

Its like people who want a Rixty Minutes or a Meeseeks episode every season. There have been like 12 episodes of the series, why start repeating things now? Let the loving show breathe for a few years before running that poo poo into the ground. This isn't Community, after all.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Hobohemian posted:

Nice av/post combo

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Raserys posted:

Nice av/post combo

I tend to piss off nerds when I make fun of their stupid nerd bullshit.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Keep going actually, this entertains me greatly
Caaan do!

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

ashpanash posted:

Keep your requests simple. They're not (burrrrp) gods.

The meeseeks would try to get everyone started on a decent topic and eventually just start showing up at posters' houses and murdering them.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell
Look a thing! https://instagram.com/p/6aZAKzpxhN/

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Hobohemian posted:

Welcome to TVIV brony avatar guy.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

:stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

I hope the masterbation is a false flag and he's actually doing something else. That would be the level of cleverness I expect. Although I'm already laughing at the scene.

• Locked thread