Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Note to Self
Mar 21, 2012
IDK, abridging that post was unusual, but he clears out the news section pretty regularly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Dolash posted:

Somehow that's more concerning than the newsposts were in the first place. Hussie of all people should know about the Streisand Effect.

Meh, I'm guessing he was having a bad day when he wrote the pretty grumpy and negative post implying he doesn't give a poo poo about Homestuck anymore, saw it a couple days later, and went "well that was foolish" and nixed it.

E: Rereading it I think he was just making a goofy joke about forgetting about the website and was just elaborating on why he wants to be done trying to work hundred hour weeks animating furiously all day and all night.

Magres fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Aug 14, 2015

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Does any know where I can find the old version of the news post? Looking to show a friend the comparison.

H.P. Shivcraft
Mar 17, 2008

STAY UNRULY, YOU HEARTLESS MONSTERS!
What is pretty weird is that even his fairly generous estimation on when the ending would drop (ie, sometime next year) is now gone.

e; Here, ZenMaster from Google cache:

quote:

Whoops, I said I was going to make an update about the pause soon, but then I accidentally forgot this website existed for several weeks. Sorry about that! But then again, pause announcements aren't very exciting, and I already told you there would be a pause, so it PROBABLY doesn't matter much? Anyway, here it is. The Omegapause Announcement.

If you go by page count, Homestuck is about 99% done. The remaining 1% will involve another stretch of pages, and some heavy animation work, which I probably won't even start for another month or two, as I catch up with some other work. In case it hasn't seemed obvious by now, I'm not in much of a hurry anymore. The manic rates of production this site used to enjoy will not be revisited. I won't be making 13+ minute animations in six weeks anymore. (That is very fast, if you didn't know.) All remaining content will be created at a pace more in keeping with the spirit of sanity. It will be done when it's done.

As for when that is, I don't have any concrete projections. Maybe it will all drop some time next year? Hmm, seven acts in seven years... sounds pretty good to me! Maybe it will work out that way. I guess we will have to wait and see. I think it will be good though. If it was going to be bad, you'd be watching it tomorrow.

In other news, the entries for the We Love Fine Shirt Design Contest are in, and ready for votes. There are a bunch of good ones! Thanks to all who submitted a design.

e2; apparently the boards don't parse links to cached sites nicely so I just pulled the text in

H.P. Shivcraft fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Aug 14, 2015

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Someone already made that joke though.

And that someone was me. Until I see content of said waifu chart I refuse to believe otherwise :colbert:

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Hussie has kind of a habit of posting a bunch of commentary on Homestuck somewhere and then eventually deleting it. I guess it's probably fine! Creators have their ways of doing things.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

I have completely lost track: was/is Li'l Seb evil, meaning connected to the whole Lord English clusterfuck?

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

Arsenic Lupin posted:

I have completely lost track: was/is Li'l Seb evil, meaning connected to the whole Lord English clusterfuck?

Li'l Seb's loyalties are not fully known. On the one hand, he's been part of Caliborn's entourage since Caliborn entered the game, shown to be helping him acquire and use keys and whatnot. On the other hand, it was Li'l Seb who busted out the Act 6 Act 6 Act 6 expansion cartridge, allowing the story to proceed for our heroes, and also replaced the cartridge when John's Windy Thing knocked it out of the slot.

I'm guessing he's a double agent on the side of the kids and trolls, but it's possible that that's just what I'm supposed to think.

Note to Self
Mar 21, 2012
He's got the Con Air bunny sealed inside him, of course he's good.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

which flash was the one that extended to the full screen width? I know cascade expanded partways, but wasn't there a flash in one of the weird unique site looking parts that did it all the way? I can't find it in the sound credits.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

pandaK posted:

which flash was the one that extended to the full screen width? I know cascade expanded partways, but wasn't there a flash in one of the weird unique site looking parts that did it all the way? I can't find it in the sound credits.

Do you mean Game Over?

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

pandaK posted:

http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=008178

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Plom Bar posted:

Do you mean Game Over?

No, that does indeed not show up in the sound credits for some reason, but it doesn't expand all the way.

Neither does this one.

I'm starting to think I may have hallucinated this fabled screenwide expanded flash...

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Are you thinking this page? I think there's a similar one with moody horse poo poo too.

Edit: Moody horse poo poo

2dit: Or do you mean Echidna, which isn't technically a flash page but certainly covers the screen width?

Tenebrais fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Aug 15, 2015

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
Huh. Someone pointed something out to me, and it clicks something in place. Wouldn't surprise me to know that someone had pointed it out before.
Lord English can double-kill ghosts. You know who else can double-kill ghosts? Dirk. You know who was a part of Lord English's makeup? AR. Or, in essence, a copy of Dirk.

Note to Self
Mar 21, 2012
Wait, when did Drik kill a ghost?

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Note to Self posted:

Wait, when did Drik kill a ghost?

He didn't finish the job, but Brain Ghost Dirk did nearly double-kill Aranea by ripping her soul out. Although whether that counts as a double-kill, I'm not entirely sure.

Note to Self
Mar 21, 2012

Paul.Power posted:

He didn't finish the job, but Brain Ghost Dirk did nearly double-kill Aranea by ripping her soul out. Although whether that counts as a double-kill, I'm not entirely sure.

Well, as far as I know, Caliborn's soul survived removal pretty much intact, if a little jumbled up, so I'm pretty sure that's just a single-kill.

Who knows what would happen if he tried it on a ghost, though.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

Who What Now posted:

Only if Jane bites it first.

I got super bored one night and actually plotted it out, but as far as I was aware (I might've hosed it up, that's always possible), John was actually the Heir Apparent, with Jane being "next" after him.

I realize how depressing that all is and I am quite ashamed of myself for not only doing it, but not saving it.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Note to Self posted:

Well, as far as I know, Caliborn's soul survived removal pretty much intact, if a little jumbled up, so I'm pretty sure that's just a single-kill.

Who knows what would happen if he tried it on a ghost, though.

Dirk tried to destroy Caliborn's soul outright, but he was too powerful so he was forced to imprison it instead. This was presumably kind of an edge case based on Caliborn being a pernicious strong boy.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

A couple of weeks ago some Tumblrites were horrified by the rising ghosts in the Flash. The theory was that the people who died going god-tier were the *real* John, Rose, Dave .... and that the dream-selves or other god-tiered persons were only copies with the same memories*. By this theory, the ghosts on the various slabs proved that the original John &c had actually died.

This theory distressed me because I am easily distressed. Then I remembered that a central theme of Homestuck is "who is real, and which are the real experiences" is a complicated and likely irrelevant question. The thousands of Aradias are real, and so are all the other trolls from Beforus. The hordes of troll ghosts from various realities who show up in the almost-fight are also real. And, crucially, Davesprite is a real Dave, just as human Dave is. So, basically, ghost!John is no more or less real than godtier!John, and neither of them represents the one true John. The most we can say is that one John is driving the Alpha timeline, while all other Johns (so far) are less essential to the plot.

* Helloooo, transporter debate.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
One fun thing a lot of people miss is the assumption that you need to be a dreamself to be able to use the Moon Slab for God Tiering.

In reality it doesn't matter- while almost every single person we've seen was their dream self, Jake wasn't. His dreamself had died way before then, and it was his actual flesh and blood body on the slab.

So there's something more than just "Real self dies, Dream Self ascends" going on.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

Burkion posted:

Weren't you working on the wife fu tier list

Wife Fu sounds like a fun game. Well, possibly not for the wives.

Burkion posted:

There was also that great point that technically John is next in line for Troll Royalty once HIC bites it, so he's literally the Heir to the Trolls.

God I want to hear Karkat's reaction to that.

Isn't that Jane?

Tenebrais posted:

2dit: Or do you mean Echidna, which isn't technically a flash page but certainly covers the screen width?

Only if you're a scrub without an 8k monitor! Like, um, pretty much anyone outside the R&D facilities of a few manufacturers.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Keiya posted:

Isn't that Jane?

It's both, since they're both equally descended from Crocker and there's no point in figuring out who's the oldest.

(I'm not sure why Jane's Dad isn't the heir first, though.)

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Arsenic Lupin posted:

A couple of weeks ago some Tumblrites were horrified by the rising ghosts in the Flash. The theory was that the people who died going god-tier were the *real* John, Rose, Dave .... and that the dream-selves or other god-tiered persons were only copies with the same memories*. By this theory, the ghosts on the various slabs proved that the original John &c had actually died.

This theory distressed me because I am easily distressed. Then I remembered that a central theme of Homestuck is "who is real, and which are the real experiences" is a complicated and likely irrelevant question. The thousands of Aradias are real, and so are all the other trolls from Beforus. The hordes of troll ghosts from various realities who show up in the almost-fight are also real. And, crucially, Davesprite is a real Dave, just as human Dave is. So, basically, ghost!John is no more or less real than godtier!John, and neither of them represents the one true John. The most we can say is that one John is driving the Alpha timeline, while all other Johns (so far) are less essential to the plot.

* Helloooo, transporter debate.

So basically the alive selves are the 1% living in luxary and the dead selves are the 99% suffering and dying for their benefit and all of sburb is just a series of people being reward for things they didn't actually accomplish or punished for things they never even did.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

So basically the alive selves are the 1% living in luxary and the dead selves are the 99% suffering and dying for their benefit and all of sburb is just a series of people being reward for things they didn't actually accomplish or punished for things they never even did.

Just like real life! :v:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

GodFish posted:

Just like real life! :v:

That's the joke! (Studio audience laughes and applauds)

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Classtoise posted:

I got super bored one night and actually plotted it out, but as far as I was aware (I might've hosed it up, that's always possible), John was actually the Heir Apparent, with Jane being "next" after him.

I realize how depressing that all is and I am quite ashamed of myself for not only doing it, but not saving it.

Jane is John's (hot) Ecto-mom, though. She should be above him.

EDIT

Jane, Jake, Dirk, and Roxy are all paradox clones of themselves. John and Jade are made by mixing he genetics of Jane and Jake, and Dave and Rose by mixing Dirk and Roxy.

Who What Now fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Aug 15, 2015

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Burkion posted:

One fun thing a lot of people miss is the assumption that you need to be a dreamself to be able to use the Moon Slab for God Tiering.

In reality it doesn't matter- while almost every single person we've seen was their dream self, Jake wasn't. His dreamself had died way before then, and it was his actual flesh and blood body on the slab.

So there's something more than just "Real self dies, Dream Self ascends" going on.

I thought it was the other way around -- you have to have both a physical self and a dream self to god tier on your home-planet slabs. The reason Jade was able to God Tier with a dead dreamself was that Jadesprite counted as her dreamself. Dave's and Rose's dream selves god-tiered on the center-of-moon slabs. The alpha kids, most of whom either had dead dreamselves or were their dreamselves already, had to use the center-of-moon slabs on Prospit and Derse. The remaining Alternian trolls can't God Tier because their Prospit and Derse are gone.

Corrections?

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Arsenic Lupin posted:

I thought it was the other way around -- you have to have both a physical self and a dream self to god tier on your home-planet slabs. The reason Jade was able to God Tier with a dead dreamself was that Jadesprite counted as her dreamself. Dave's and Rose's dream selves god-tiered on the center-of-moon slabs. The alpha kids, most of whom either had dead dreamselves or were their dreamselves already, had to use the center-of-moon slabs on Prospit and Derse. The remaining Alternian trolls can't God Tier because their Prospit and Derse are gone.

Corrections?

That sounds about right, I think, but Burkion's point was that Jake was his 'original'/non-dreamself with a dead dreamself when he god-tiered on the moon slab.

The assumption was that you had to be a dreamself in order to god-tier on the moon slab (like Dave and Rose, or the other Alpha kids), which Jake disproves. That's all.

Also, it's hard to say if one actually can't god-tier on a planet bed with no dreamself (or as a dreamself) because we've never seen anyone try and fail.

basically, in every character's case except Jake, it was their dreamself that became the god-tier and continued on.

John- regular body died on lowas, dreamself got the tiger on the battlefield (same with Vriska as well)
Rose, Dave, Dirk, Jane, Roxy, Aradia- original selves were dead, then dreamselves died again on the slab and continued on as god tier

Jade- dreamself died but came back as a dog, original self died on quest bed, dreamself ascended to goddog tier. This process was a bit messier because Jade's waking and dream selves had become desynced to a much greater degree than John or Vriska for example.

Jake- dreamself dead, waking self died on moon slab, waking self ascended.

Mazerunner fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Aug 15, 2015

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Mazerunner posted:

That sounds about right, I think, but Burkion's point was that Jake was his 'original'/non-dreamself with a dead dreamself when he god-tiered on the moon slab.

The assumption was that you had to be a dreamself in order to god-tier on the moon slab (like Dave and Rose, or the other Alpha kids), which Jake disproves. That's all.

Also, it's hard to say if one actually can't god-tier on a planet bed with no dreamself (or as a dreamself) because we've never seen anyone try and fail.

basically, in every character's case except Jake, it was their dreamself that became the god-tier and continued on.

John- regular body died on lowas, dreamself got the tiger on the battlefield (same with Vriska as well)
Rose, Dave, Dirk, Jane, Roxy, Aradia- original selves were dead, then dreamselves died again on the slab and continued on as god tier

Jade- dreamself died but came back as a dog, original self died on quest bed, dreamself ascended to goddog tier. This process was a bit messier because Jade's waking and dream selves had become desynced to a much greater degree than John or Vriska for example.

Jake- dreamself dead, waking self died on moon slab, waking self ascended.

Wasn't Jade's original self thoroughly dead before Jack Noir deposited it on the slab?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Wasn't Jade's original self thoroughly dead before Jack Noir deposited it on the slab?

We don't know how long it took her to actually die.

Vriska was bleeding out for quite a while there, herself.

I figure there's a certain grace period where so long as the body hasn't cooled, you're good.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Ignore the sidebar, check out the comic.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Fancomics where Dave turns blushing and kawaii~~~~ are pretty much the worst.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

I find it hilarious because yeah, all the beta kids pretty much *know* Dave isn't straight.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Arsenic Lupin posted:

"WARNING: There are NSFW and shota scribbles in here, so be prepared!"

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
"I'm gay", Dave says. After looking at his sister, he adds "or bi".

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Arsenic Lupin posted:

ignore this post, this comic is Bad

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Toxxupation posted:

ignore all posts, this thread is Bad

But this must be kind of a new low for here, anime dave yaoi from a pedoblog coming on the heels of chatlog fanfiction, you all go sit in the corner and think about what you did

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Acne Rain posted:

But this must be kind of a new low for here, anime dave yaoi from a pedoblog coming on the heels of chatlog fanfiction, you all go sit in the corner and think about what you did

hey man im just here for the free coffee and danishes