Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hit button
Mar 18, 2012

Good Will Hrunting posted:

I couldn't find anything about Archer guides in the OP but since I will unlock it tonight, could someone vet this? https://na.portal.sf.my.com/comments/55b2cdb93798ba4dc1ca479c/1?page=1

That guide is pretty legit. Something to note is that Easy Target got nerfed in the last patch to only proc once every 8 seconds, so you can't use his <50% HP rotation anymore. You can either just keep spamming Aimed Shots while waiting for the next Easy Target proc, or you can weave in Electric Shot too. Keeping up Electric Shot is better dps than an extra Aimed if you take the Elemental Fusion talent, and Superconductivity widens the gap.

Also he says to use the Weapon effect that gives +% Damage buff from Single Shots, but the +% Burning damage effect should be just as good if not better.

Also also he doesn't mention Amulets. Use the ones that have a 25% chance to add damage to Single Shot.

hit button fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Aug 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anal Papist
Jun 2, 2011

Funkstar Deluxe posted:

Is the pantheon chat borked? I've not been able to see it since i joined guild

You need to donate 50k to the guild bank before guild chat unlocks.

Funkstar Deluxe
May 7, 2007

「☆☆☆」

Anal Papist posted:

You need to donate 50k to the guild bank before guild chat unlocks.

Nice try...

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

hit button posted:

I haven't quite got my head around how damage mitigation works yet. In some impossible missions I take a huge amount of damage from unavoidable attacks, then after getting a bit more prestige I take very little damage from the same mission. Is the damage getting mitigated by having higher stamina, or higher prestige? Or is it the same amount of damage and it's just my health pool getting bigger?

I decided to just check this out myself, and changing the amount of prestige and stamina I have during the mission didn't seem to affect incoming damage numbers at all. I also tried entering the same difficulty level mission at different prestige levels (Very Easy and Hard) and still it didn't make any difference to damage taken. So I guess the difference must just be down to my HP pool increasing.

Something else I noticed while testing is that the Paladin talent "Shrine Protector" is mistranslated. It says that you take 20% less damage during the first 12 seconds of the fight. In fact you take 20% damage during the buff (e.g. 80% less damage).

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

hit button posted:

That guide is pretty legit. Something to note is that Easy Target got nerfed in the last patch to only proc once every 8 seconds, so you can't use his <50% HP rotation anymore. You can either just keep spamming Aimed Shots while waiting for the next Easy Target proc, or you can weave in Electric Shot too. Keeping up Electric Shot is better dps than an extra Aimed if you take the Elemental Fusion talent, and Superconductivity widens the gap.

Also he says to use the Weapon effect that gives +% Damage buff from Single Shots, but the +% Burning damage effect should be just as good if not better.

Also also he doesn't mention Amulets. Use the ones that have a 25% chance to add damage to Single Shot.

Mostly this but I want to add that you should at least use a blue bow, gently caress the gradual increase of might, twice the bonus to burning is huge and pretty much means mob packs will never be an issue for you. I would suggest going for the aimed shot amulets though, the bonus for single shot is a) 25% chance only and b) mostly piddly but the bonus to aimed shot gets you some huge numbers, especially when opening, I'm still in the process of switching to all those and I am even at this point virtually guaranteed to take off an entire bar of health on any given boss, even on impossible and you get some pretty good numbers out of aimed shot even when the boss gets lower. Electrical shot is nice but there days I mostly use it to add to my AoE and to actually slow things I can slow or put it on bosses that will spawn adds or pods you have to destroy or whatever. Would still take the increased damage and longer duration there either way.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
After the change I would absolutely pick Wildfire + Aimed Shot on amulets.

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

clown car to hell choo choo

Half the messages about joining the guild have come with a 'guild chat almost never works right.' Sometimes it's up, usually it's not, and when it's up half your messages don't end up going through anyway. I was hoping this latest patch would have fixed that, but it didn't.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
They fixed the portal all the chat goes through which should in theory fix all the chat but in practice just broke it some more.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
I'm not sure how many games could get away with guild chat not working over a month in nowadays, but here's one

also we need CASH MONEY donations to build the goddamn ether projector. or to finish up TRUMP square which nets you 500 or so prestige.

lewtt fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Aug 14, 2015

El Cid
Mar 17, 2005

What good is power when you're too wise to use it?
Grimey Drawer

Drinkfist posted:

Current List without all the got ems.

Erika Desade
Dilbert Dourden
Trill Talen
Leonan Elrorn
Ristoph Amirus
Parallel Parkinsons
Fish Pockets
Zombie Princess
Mollester Alone
Boo Urns
Yap Snap
Shiro Ichida
Pyke Fish
Devlin Huer
Taliya Rose
Aye Veriley
Bird Mage
Malidarn Barlow
Farty Jackson

Quote this post to be added to the list. Get online and Pm me at "Irate Drinkfist" for an invite. I intend to end this guild player cap poo poo this week.

I also overthrew 70% of the guild leadership so votes should be much loving faster. Talk about how tyrannical my farts are.

The Phallomancer. I am flush with unnecessary Collector's Edition cash, ripe for the picking.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

There are some good mix-n-match amulets for archer. You can get 2 of wildfire, aimed, and single shot on any given amulet. Ideally you'd probably do wildfire/single for big aoe pulls, and aimed/single for boss/low aoe pulls, but who carries around 2 sets of amulets.

Funkstar Deluxe
May 7, 2007

「☆☆☆」

Pesterchum posted:

Half the messages about joining the guild have come with a 'guild chat almost never works right.' Sometimes it's up, usually it's not, and when it's up half your messages don't end up going through anyway. I was hoping this latest patch would have fixed that, but it didn't.

Oh cool. Also is that the reason why my 3hr mount pass is stuck at 50min left after using it for several days?

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

lewtt posted:

I'm not sure how many games could get away with guild chat not working over a month in nowadays, but here's one

also we need CASH MONEY donations to build the goddamn ether projector. or to finish up TRUMP square which nets you 500 or so prestige.

As maximum trump as my game name, how can I make Trump Square happen, to prove that I can make America Russia great again? :ussr:

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

I was playing the other Russia game yesterday and probably today because I have lost control of my life and tanks trigger me (Armored Warfare). So I haven't gotten around to picking up the last of you stragglers or even checked. Later on tonight I will log into Skyforge and drag the last of you into the guild, shake you down, tell you the guild chat is broke and then talk about how you should join mumble due to how we are all taking about your dick size.

Mumble is the place to be for all guild and group poo poo so get in. You can find the mumble info in the OP.

The amount of people I got in this week is crazy with how fast we managed to accelerate the guild buildings but now culmitive upkeep has taken its toll and the end teir guild expansion buildings are hella expensive. I need you fucks to give me all of your loving money so this garbage will end.

I wasn't kidding when I said for every one of you I got into the guild another appears asking for an invite. I want to stress the 2050 min prestige rule even though we keep breaking it. Hopefully they lay the catch up system in place so newer spergs can reach where us early access and launch week people are at.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Drinkfist posted:

I was playing the other Russia game yesterday and probably today because I have lost control of my life and tanks trigger me (Armored Warfare). So I haven't gotten around to picking up the last of you stragglers or even checked. Later on tonight I will log into Skyforge and drag the last of you into the guild, shake you down, tell you the guild chat is broke and then talk about how you should join mumble due to how we are all taking about your dick size.

Mumble is the place to be for all guild and group poo poo so get in. You can find the mumble info in the OP.

The amount of people I got in this week is crazy with how fast we managed to accelerate the guild buildings but now culmitive upkeep has taken its toll and the end teir guild expansion buildings are hella expensive. I need you fucks to give me all of your loving money so this garbage will end.

I wasn't kidding when I said for every one of you I got into the guild another appears asking for an invite. I want to stress the 2050 min prestige rule even though we keep breaking it. Hopefully they lay the catch up system in place so newer spergs can reach where us early access and launch week people are at.

I'll be on all night because I'm Not Cool. I'm Nephzinho's roommate so maybe we can talk poo poo about him in Mumble too?

Sash23-83
Jan 23, 2010

lost

Drinkfist posted:

Current List of people I am Tracking for guild invites is now:

Rock Mchardslab
Erika Desade
Dilbert Dourden
Alys Brangwin
Gas Stove
Helba Montagne
Ohrin Dearmeh
Trill Talen
Leonan Elrorn
Ristoph Amirus
Parallel Parkinsons
Langly Ayanami
Trumpous Maximus
Fish Pockets
Funny Fatguy
Cupnoodle King
Zombie Princess
Mollester Alone
Boo Urns
Yap Snap
Shiro Ichida

If you are not on this list then quote this post or the last one and give me your in game name. There is going to be quite a bit of leadership changes so if you are in game you can also PM "Irate Drinkfist" for an invite to the guild. All other people on the list I will be checking for online status and sending invites if I catch you online.

I need a list to know how many more times I need to keep expanding the guild as well. So post your loving names.

I'm Lucci Snow in game. 12k in game, sitting on some cash and have Adepts in need of missions.

Langolas
Feb 12, 2011

My mustache makes me sexy, not the hat

Which goon has talent to actually organize this poo poo? http://sf.my.com/gb/news/events/skyforge-pantheon-dance-competition

Goons need to be crowned the Gods of Dance...Fire extinguishers or Fuckery.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Finally capped Necromancer. :D Too bad the symbol is kinda boring. I am almost to Alchemist now. 11 nodes until Alchemist is unlocked. Weee :D

Zaekkor fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Aug 15, 2015

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
I guess we're enabling trump square again. Using the ether projector and distortion analyzer aren't gonna be necessary till we get 10 36k prestigers anyway.

Melanion
Jun 7, 2011

heard the walls are paper thin from where you are to where I am
Dear Russian overlords:

When you're loving a guy in the rear end, it's common courtesy to give him a reach-around.

Similarly, if you're shoving a launcher at me that wants to be always on and starting with Windows and poo poo, have it auto-update my game without me having to click the update button.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Melanion posted:

Dear Russian overlords:

When you're loving a guy in the rear end, it's common courtesy to give him a reach-around.

Similarly, if you're shoving a launcher at me that wants to be always on and starting with Windows and poo poo, have it auto-update my game without me having to click the update button.

You could have my luck and have to close the launcher once it downloads and reopen it to install because it gives you an error about not being able to update files or some poo poo. Every patch.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.
All of the adepts the game's spawned for me in the last week have been total garbage. I've got two slots just waiting for somebody halfway decent to fill them but I keep getting gray dudes with, like, two points in one stat and one point in the other.

Also I think CTF would be more fun if every match didn't devolve into a big dumb stalemate where both sides have the enemy flag and can't get theirs back so nobody caps for fifteen minutes until it finally times out.

Opposing Farce fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Aug 15, 2015

Reicere
Nov 5, 2009

Not sooo looouuud!!!

Opposing Farce posted:

All of the adepts the game's spawned for me in the last week have been total garbage. I've got two slots just waiting for somebody halfway decent to fill them but I keep getting gray dudes with, like, two points in one stat and one point in the other.

Also I think CTF would be more fun if every match didn't devolve into a big dumb stalemate where both sides have the enemy flag and can't get theirs back so nobody caps for fifteen minutes until it finally times out.

I managed to bug out my last ctf by jumping into the pit with the flag... it never respawned and we got to enjoy a nice 10v10 tdm and a guaranteed win. The other team probably didn't enjoy it as much.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Saved up 800 sparks on a new Knight without really noticing. What a satisfying jump in power.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Langolas posted:

Which goon has talent to actually organize this poo poo? http://sf.my.com/gb/news/events/skyforge-pantheon-dance-competition

Goons need to be crowned the Gods of Dance...Fire extinguishers or Fuckery.

Normally I'd be all over that but it's a very lovely reward for the amount of work that would need to go into it. I mean have you ever tried getting goons to do something? On that scale?

Differo Cathedra
Oct 9, 2012

To be honest it was 4AM when I started making the gif and even I don't know what it's supposed to be about by the time I finished it an hour and a few GIS searches later :effort:

Just want to say real quick as a newbie with 5k prestige. gently caress PvP.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

I tried to register an account multiple times, with multiple browsers. The only message I got was "invalid code" repeatedly. gently caress their lovely captcha and gently caress their lovely game :mad:

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
Went and did Operation Isabella (the first raid). Had a terribly sloppy pug group and still managed to finish it. Not near as difficult as most mmo raids, but if you go into the fights not knowing what the gently caress is going on you will die until you do. Really do need comms for this one.

TLDR strategies:

First boss was dumb easy. A flying manta ray that spits poison on the ground and puffs air in a random direction like that one nedder test area ray. Tank just needs to keep repositioning over the course of the fight.

Second boss is a titan robot that just grabs someone random and punches his face in after a few seconds. We had a lightbinder give the person a shield right beforehand, but a paladin tank would have been better for the flat out immunity. He also summons four flak cannons over the course of his health which have gotta be killed fast because they hit like trucks.

Third boss was a cool golem who electrocutes people who ignore eachothers personal space, so you just spread out. Sometimes he tries to kill everyone in the room, but is polite enough to give you a shield to hide in where you won't die. He has a second phase where he summons a shitton of robot friends until you finish a bar of his health, but we skipped it by just having a witch curse him (gives him a shield and if broken by party, hits for millions of damage) and avoided that one bar of health completely. He's a really nice robot golem and I'm sad I had to kill him.

Last boss was funny because on the third attempt, me and the other knight tank just kept him occupied long enough for us to get six guys ressed total, ie 15 minutes with two guys popping temporals on party cooldowns. This bugger has 40 bars of health which ended up being 23 million for us.
He's a robot fire pegasus that shoots missiles out of his rear end in a top hat. He gets on his hind legs a lot and charges somebody; anyone getting hit along the way loses half their health. Also shoots out literally two hundred tiny missiles at everyone in the group resulting in everybody panicking and running in circles to avoid the explosions. Halfway through his health bar he summons a few mobs which have gotta be grouped up and nuked down fast because they both hurt and root you in place, while simultaneously firing his buttmissiles a lot. Most importantly, he will start getting a tiny animation where fire spins around his hoofs and he one shots everything in the room that isn't hiding behind a pillar (or going immune from the paladin symbol).

Comps were a bit weird, because you can easily get by with just one tank throughout the entire thing. One or two alchemists are pretty much required though, alongside a witch and a couple zerkers/archers to break the witches shield. Your group also has to have the timing to buff then nuke during the short shield window.

You're not gonna use god form in this instance but you sure as gently caress will use your divine healing ability.

Longer, better writeup on reddit if you're willing to go there:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Skyforge/comments/3gofxv/operation_isabella_guide/

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

Ihmemies posted:

I tried to register an account multiple times, with multiple browsers. The only message I got was "invalid code" repeatedly. gently caress their lovely captcha and gently caress their lovely game :mad:

they've been doing some weird maintenance most of the night, might try tomorrow

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

I finally tried Vivaldi and for whatever reason it worked fine. Now I'm finally installing the game :woop: Haven't played a MMO in ages.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
How important is it to keep my temples upgraded? I'm 16.5k prestige and none of my temples are above level 4 because i just sell all my holy texts for credits.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!
The bonus HP is the most important part. If you find your HP too low, particularly in PvP or group content, then you may want to upgrade them further. Other than that it's really just another way of gaining prestige.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Differo Cathedra posted:

Just want to say real quick as a newbie with 5k prestige. gently caress PvP.

Pvp seems 100% class dependent. poo poo like gunner, witch, ect is always gonna stomp a paladin. God help you if you are trying to use like alchemist or something.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Paladins are loving amazing in PvP, though? Witches not so much, but that's mainly because of all the Slayers running around; lowest HP of any class and no defensive actives makes Blood Harvest a painful experience.

I agree on Alchemist but if you communicate with someone else you will absolutely destroy the enemy team.

Liberatore fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Aug 15, 2015

oh rly
Feb 22, 2006
oh rly ya rly no wai

randombattle posted:

Pvp seems 100% class dependent. poo poo like gunner, witch, ect is always gonna stomp a paladin. God help you if you are trying to use like alchemist or something.

I'm at 8k prestige and have had a Pally main so far. She survives forever in PvP if i'm rotating shield. If I get a few crits, then a DPS is usually toast. I hate fighting other tanks or lightbinders since they too last forever.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
i have a non-goon pal who asked if he can join

he's at 14k prestige and plays a lot, don't know him in person but seems like a decent fellow

can i sponsor him in or something?

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
When did you guys start to run the first MSM level? I thought I read somewhere that Amulets dropped there and I need one for Archer.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

3,200 prestige if you're not tanking is a good start. All group dungeons drop a purple amulet at the end, with a 50% chance on every boss before that. The odds of it being an amulet you actually want for your build are not particularly high though; I still use mostly green/blue amulets.

Edit: Actually, whatever prestige you unlock it at is good enough. I forgot about prestige scaling.

Liberatore fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Aug 15, 2015

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

How do you limit the FPS on this game? In menus my fps is lke 300 for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

RottenK posted:

How important is it to keep my temples upgraded? I'm 16.5k prestige and none of my temples are above level 4 because i just sell all my holy texts for credits.

Always all the way, what are you, a filthy casual? Get your bootstraps on, cupcake.

• Locked thread