Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Hagop posted:

Clevelands certainly can't handle the tier 6 BBs. Both the Fuso and the NM are like the Clevelands kryptonite. However they seem to handle tier 7 BBs fine. I mean I don't often solo down full health tier 7s, but I feel like I can solo off way more hitpoints then I should be able to.

Actually, the Cleveland can handle both given the right situation. Hell, at point blank range, the cleveland can pen the Fuso with AP, leading the the hilarious situation where you DPS down a battleship in a cruiser at 3-4km ranges.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehKeen
May 24, 2006

Maybe she's born with it.
Maybe it's
cosmoline.

Reztes posted:

Also does it get preferential matchmaking like WoT premiums?

I'm so close to pulling the trigger on that Murmansk bundle others have linked before, I just get a little paranoid buying from 3rd party key sellers for some reason.

It's been a couple of weeks and noone has emptied my bank acct yet. :)

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

TehKeen posted:

It's been a couple of weeks and noone has emptied my bank acct yet. :)

Could someone repost the link to the cheap Murmansk bundle?

Edit: Found it. Thanks for the heads up.

Raged fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Aug 15, 2015

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
Also, I don't suppose there's any EU version of that?

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Darkrenown posted:

Also, I don't suppose there's any EU version of that?

Nope, and we're supposed to be even because they gave away some Tirpitz to germans at gamescom.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
Mmm, of course it's equally easy to gain access to Gamescon as it is to buy a code online. I'm a game dev and I don't even go to Gamescon/GDC very often.

TehKeen
May 24, 2006

Maybe it's
cosmoline.

though really they never intended the murmansk code to stick after OBT hit, so...

Arishtat
Jan 2, 2011

TehKeen posted:

though really they never intended the murmansk code to stick after OBT hit, so...

That's not our problem now is it? :v:

Halman
Feb 10, 2007

What's the...Rush?
Could someone link the aforementioned Murmansk bundle?

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Halman posted:

It was part of a humble bundle about 6 weeks ago.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Halman posted:

You have to get it through a key reseller. I bought one from Kinguin a few weeks ago for around $3, but I just looked now and the cheapest they have now is closer to $12.

As with any reseller though, buyer beware. For me $3 was worth the risk and the code I got worked without any issue.

Mirrors
Oct 25, 2007

AHAHAHA :unsmigghh:

I think I finally get the Omaha

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

drat Dirty Ape posted:

You have to get it through a key reseller. I bought one from Kinguin a few weeks ago for around $3, but I just looked now and the cheapest they have now is closer to $12.

As with any reseller though, buyer beware. For me $3 was worth the risk and the code I got worked without any issue.

I just bought one from the "Ben" guy earlier and it worked perfectly. WIsh I'd gotten it when it was $3 but at $12 it's still cheaper than the one in the store and you get premium and doubloons with it too.

TehKeen
May 24, 2006

Maybe it's
cosmoline.

Mirrors posted:

AHAHAHA :unsmigghh:

I think I finally get the Omaha

get back to me when you have 16 fires set and >50k fire damage :supaburn:

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Jesus, The Murmansk is just so much drat fun compared to BB's. I may be broken but I am having fun with carriers so far. Started off doing manual launches and as soon as I get better timing my turns I am REALLY going to enjoy it.

yaay
Aug 4, 2006

to Accursed 2 leave armour
start game in kongo, feelin good after getting a few early long range shots on a phoenix and then move in close to go ham on a pair of wyomings. No citadels but I'm angled and they're not and I'm about to enter secondary range so I'll kill one of them in the next salvo anyway and then I hear the torpedo warning.

Two isokaze on my own team launched every single one of their torpedoes at the wyoming I'm fighting from about 2km behind me. I dodge most of them but eat two anyway and eat most of a broadside from the disengaged wyoming because I'm forced to give him my side. I call both of them loving retards but die from flooding before I can teamkill either of them.

The isokaze that teamkills me later sinks another teammate and blames him for getting in the way.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

5 losses in a row, 4 of them 1000+ base xp. Just give me a decent team so i can get my win of the day and stop playing the loving colorado.

Seriously this is when the game is the shittiest. I "only" had two hours to play and I just wanted one win in a ship and I couldn't even do that.

ranbo das fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Aug 15, 2015

Daylen Drazzi
Mar 10, 2007

Why do I root for Notre Dame? Because I like pain, and disappointment, and anguish. Notre Dame Football has destroyed more dreams than the Irish Potato Famine, and that is the kind of suffering I can get behind.
I think I jizzed my pants at the end of this match in my Atlanta

At the beginning of the match our Ranger took half a dozen torps and bombs and was left at just 378 HP. I swung back to render some AA protection for him and our Hiryu, and consequently put myself between the Hiryu and an enemy Atlanta. Sank his rear end. Our Mogami laid a world of pain on an enemy Fuso and sank him, and shortly after that was taken down by a New Orleans. The New Orleans and I began to trade potshots, but I was just hammering him with a combination of HE and AP, and he succumbed soon after, having removed roughly 50% of my HP. I headed north and saw that our team had annihilated the enemy battle line so I headed for the C cap point. In the channel between the two islands at C was the enemy Lexington, apparently stuck after having just run into the shoreline to avoid bombers. I started dropping HE on him and set him on fire repeatedly so he couldn't launch planes. Killed him.

By this time the last ship left on the enemy team was the Hiryu, who happened to be hiding in the NE corner of the map. I capped C and closed in on him from the front while 2 other Atlanta's came from the west. They set him on fire and I managed to land a few shots before he finally died with less than a minute left in the match.

Payout was especially large because it was from winning my first match of the day in the Atlanta as well as flying the Zulu (+20% credits) and the Equal Speed Charlie London (+50% xp) flags.

Daylen Drazzi fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Aug 15, 2015

Mirrors
Oct 25, 2007

TehKeen posted:

get back to me when you have 16 fires set and >50k fire damage :supaburn:

Someday... someday.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
I had a great win in my Minekaze this morning, and somehow managed to get First Blood, 2 Double Strikes and 3 Devastating Strikes in the process.

I'm scratching my head about getting two Double Strikes, though. I killed 2 destroyers and a Carrier, but the Carrier kill was some time after the first two. The only way I though it would be possible to get 2 Double strikes off 3 kills would be if ship A got killed, ship by got killed within 10 seconds, followed by a third kill 10 seconds later?

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Panfilo posted:

I had a great win in my Minekaze this morning, and somehow managed to get First Blood, 2 Double Strikes and 3 Devastating Strikes in the process.

I'm scratching my head about getting two Double Strikes, though. I killed 2 destroyers and a Carrier, but the Carrier kill was some time after the first two. The only way I though it would be possible to get 2 Double strikes off 3 kills would be if ship A got killed, ship by got killed within 10 seconds, followed by a third kill 10 seconds later?

Its gotta be within 10 seconds of the last kill. Do you have the replay file?

I just had an extraordinary game in my Fubuki.

3k experience before premium, and just a few points shy of 150k damage dealt by torpedoes alone. Holy shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
If I get more games like this I'll be in the Kagero by tonight. Maybe I should quit while I'm ahead.

Edit: This actually just set my new record for most damage dealt in a game. Haha fuckin amazing.

Hazdoc fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Aug 15, 2015

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
No I don't have the replay. Maybe they were spaced out further than I thought. Still, it was freakin' amazing.

I love those games where you just :black101: through 3 ships in quick succession, like some crazed bote gladiator.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

SquadronROE posted:

#Blacklivesmatter works.

Someone then posted "I'd care more about black lives if they weren't all ignorant by choice."

And someone else posted "Yeah they only seem to matter when they're killed by white cops."

I usually say something along the lines of: People are clearly using too much HE cuz I can definitely #feeltheBern. :shillary: supporters then starts flooding the chat and forget about playing.
Nothing like starting a political discussion to throw off a game.

Still need to make a Trump quote and see how that one goes.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

Hazdoc posted:

Its gotta be within 10 seconds of the last kill. Do you have the replay file?

I just had an extraordinary game in my Fubuki.

3k experience before premium, and just a few points shy of 150k damage dealt by torpedoes alone. Holy shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
If I get more games like this I'll be in the Kagero by tonight. Maybe I should quit while I'm ahead.

Edit: This actually just set my new record for most damage dealt in a game. Haha fuckin amazing.
Playing IJN DD's is one of those things that alternates between Nirvana as you poo poo out invisible ninja 10km torps on BB's that can only curse in chat in rage, and ending a game with 12 hits landed and 1 torp hit because your just didn't loving hit anything.

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are,

"It might have been."
Pillbug
Anyone have an hot tips for playing US DDs?

Just got the Nicholas and I'm having some real trouble with it. It seems to fit into this weird zone of mediocrity where my guns make me a lovely version of a cruiser and my short-ranged torps make me a lovely version of an IJN DD. The only thing I feel confident about is my ability to beat up other DDs.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
Ugh I've started playing US CVs as a break from Ibuki grinding. What have I done?

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

UV_Catastrophe posted:

Just got the Nicholas and I'm having some real trouble with it. It seems to fit into this weird zone of mediocrity where my guns make me a lovely version of a cruiser and my short-ranged torps make me a lovely version of an IJN DD. The only thing I feel confident about is my ability to beat up other DDs.

Ambush big ships around Islands.

poo poo on IJN DDs.

Pray you never get Ocean.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
On that note, Ocean is the best map.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Ocean in a Clemson is not a fun time.

The Clemson is normally a wonderful time.

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
Orangejuche is a goon, right? Teamkilled me by accident earlier and apologized, but my internet went out for a few minutes so I was not able to say no problem. Storms and my crappy DSL have made this double xp weekend a bitch. Get top xp and it ends up being a 20 minute draw. Internet hiccups after 2 minutes in a match and the team goes on to win for a 100xp double.

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

I don't know what happened to the matchmaking, but now I'm repeatedly seeing tier IV and even III ships thrown into games with multiple tier VIIs. No grouping involved.

Also I'm pretty sure I had two consecutive games with the same Nagato player who sat at spawn doing absolutely gently caress all until enemy TBs found him halfway through the match, at which point he lumbered off in the opposite direction from the point that needed defending.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

grrarg posted:

Orangejuche is a goon, right? Teamkilled me by accident earlier and apologized, but my internet went out for a few minutes so I was not able to say no problem. Storms and my crappy DSL have made this double xp weekend a bitch. Get top xp and it ends up being a 20 minute draw. Internet hiccups after 2 minutes in a match and the team goes on to win for a 100xp double.

juche is a goon, I see him posting on the EVE thread from time to time.

Independance is surprisingly fun for me, and now that I know it has upgraded Torps/Bombs, I might not end up selling it.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

UV_Catastrophe posted:

You need to play like an opportunist. Strike unsupported BBs, hunt enemy DDs, and distract enemy CAs. Avoid enemy CVs until you've got the chance to hunt them down. You're agile enough to be fairly immune to fire from a BB (and if a BB IS shooting at you, that's a good thing, as its very likely going to miss and isn't shooting your teammates), as well as long range CA fire. Sometimes you need to attract some attention to take the heat off friendlies, sometimes you can pitch in with your guns and attempt to light a hostile on fire, sometimes you have to go in balls deep and try to pry victory from a losing situation through sheer force of citadel hits and torpedoes.

US DDs are probably the most difficult ships in the game to do well with at the moment. So long as you pick your battles carefully and have an exit strategy for any fight you're not sure you can win, you'll start figuring out just what fights you CAN take, and when you need to make yourself scarce. I'll probably do a legit, real tutorial on them later, but I need to gather clips for it.

Velius
Feb 27, 2001
Man, the grind in this is pretty serious. Myoko to Mogami with premium and confederate flags is looking like around 40-50 twenty minute battles, and I'm pretty sure I'm getting better than average battles. I understand the freemium model but I think they had the xp requirements more in line in tanks. Then again, module unlocks etc did have a significantly larger role in that...

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Velius posted:

Man, the grind in this is pretty serious. Myoko to Mogami with premium and confederate flags is looking like around 40-50 twenty minute battles, and I'm pretty sure I'm getting better than average battles. I understand the freemium model but I think they had the xp requirements more in line in tanks. Then again, module unlocks etc did have a significantly larger role in that...

Its better to not worry about grinding. Just play whatever is fun and, well, have fun. I played the grindy way in CBT and burned myself out for a month, it was pretty bad. And that was with accelerated XP gain and gaining credits so fast I didn't have any cash problems.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

Velius posted:

If you take it easy and do more doubles and less grinding it's a lot less games. Which is probably why they reduced the daily XP multiplier...

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Farragut Chat:

16k/4.5km or 10k/5.5km torps?

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.

Velius posted:

That sounds about right. Maybe a little less with premium. I am 2-3 battles away from Mogami after 49 battles without premium after mainly just doing the daily 1.5x win. I did not use confederate flags except the first few games when retraining the captain. The flags are kind of a trap because they throw off the xp/credit ratio. If you use them a lot, you'll get to the next ship quicker for sure then will not be able to afford it. Credits are the real grind.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

grrarg posted:

At least your DSL is working. Last 3 days mine has just been going up and down, up and down every minute or so. I was really hoping to grind the last 100k xp and 10 million credits for the Iowa before my premium was up in a few days but that doesnt appear like its going to happen. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

Welp, just saw the most amazing shithead. I was in a BB, slugging it out at close range with another BB (and winning) when I noticed this friendly Omaha come sailing straight towards us without firing a shot. Not only did he sneak in to steal my kill, he did it by firing a literally point blank torpedo spread that was aimed directly at me and would have sunk my boat if any one of them missed the target.

By some miracle I survived and we won the round, but gently caress that guy.