Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ok I have revisited Flamelurker and he is complete rear end. The cues and animations don't match the actual attack and everything he does seems random...it totally flies in the face of everything the souls series does. gently caress this human being.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dec 26, 2012

weird, i remember really enjoying flamelurker

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

He's good but as the smart analytic gamer who wants to destroy every boss with logic, he's tough to deal with. I dealt with him by back rolling from every attack, and only getting one guaranteed hit at minimum, because all of his attacks can randomly have an AoE knockback. I now have the BBS and it more than doubled my damage be grow my build has been done, and will effortlessly destroy the rest of the game hopefully.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Actually a lot of the demons bosses suck rear end, but at the time they felt awesome! Because I was dying, in a modern video game! But after 100 hours of Bloodborne where the bosses are toe to toe death matches, involving skill and parrying and reaction, and going back to demons to die in one shot to an off screen dragon punch with a hitbox twice the size of its fist...drat.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

Ok I have revisited Flamelurker and he is complete rear end. The cues and animations don't match the actual attack and everything he does seems random...it totally flies in the face of everything the souls series does. gently caress this human being.

flamelurker is a lot of waiting for him to behave himself. he gets random invulnerability, his attack patterns make no sense (he can break out of 'rest' animation to do a quick swipe and murder you or chain attacks forever) and overall hes just a loving terrible fight

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm starting to sadly realize that demons is going to end up being forgettable rear end in history...that's hosed up.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the random iframes are really what kill me. like with no loving rhyme or reason youll clearly hit him and it just kind of clips through him and does nothing. speedrunners who abuse magic, specifically homing soul spear could rant for hours about how bullshit flamelurker is because youll hit him dead-on with a spear and he just takes 0 damage whenever he feels like it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

it's also AIDSy crap like 2-3 and 5-3 which just have boring designs, with lots of waiting around. And pure counter bosses like 4-2 which essentially require certain items.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

it's also AIDSy crap like 2-3 and 5-3 which just have boring designs, with lots of waiting around. And pure counter bosses like 4-2 which essentially require certain items.

i think in 4-2 you can just chill on that perch in the back and shoot arrows at the blind dude forever. like they even leave a ton of arrows as a treasure on that perch to invite you to do that

des had very few ~straight up skill~ bosses, most of them felt like puzzles which was fine to me. the world 4 bosses generally being big push-overs felt like a reward for conquering p. much the hardest levels in the game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's a shame the boss design are lackluster in demons, since i don't think the level design has ever been topped since

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

fwiw i think false king allant still holds up. that's a relly good fight

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

I.N.R.I posted:

let e just say it again - the dlc is good. it looks good too

the last part of sunken king where you're descending the vertical ruins of an abandoned city is so loving cool. i wish that the bottom was essentially empty though...

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

I'm starting to sadly realize that demons is going to end up being forgettable rear end in history...that's hosed up.

i doubt it. everyone remembers the first super mario dude

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
u can fight 4-2 normally. just run around him .. he only attacks in the direction you attack him

Dec 26, 2012

In Training posted:

Actually a lot of the demons bosses suck rear end, but at the time they felt awesome! Because I was dying, in a modern video game! But after 100 hours of Bloodborne where the bosses are toe to toe death matches, involving skill and parrying and reaction, and going back to demons to die in one shot to an off screen dragon punch with a hitbox twice the size of its fist...drat.

its really funny because people were throwing around the HARD BUT FAIR line since demon's but you go back to it and you make discoveries like this

Fungah! posted:

i should hope so because he was by far the best

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

i doubt it. everyone remembers the first super mario dude

Yeah. I was drunk and angry when I wrote that :P

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

01011001 posted:

its really funny because people were throwing around the HARD BUT FAIR line since demon's but you go back to it and you make discoveries like this

hard butt fare

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Fungah! posted:

getting deleveled ftw

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
that post was unironic. i thought it was cool and it made me mad

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i was gonna strategically delevel on false king because i totally gimped my first character's stats, but demon souls is a really short game when you know what you're doing

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

flame lurker nearly ended my Demon Souls run. I eventually solo'd him but he's still tough

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
he has like 200 hp

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
if u equip the thiefs ring u can run to the other side of the boss arena to heal up and he wont chase u as well .. good tip if u need it ..

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

I.N.R.I posted:

if u equip the thiefs ring u can run to the other side of the boss arena to heal up and he wont chase u as well .. good tip if u need it ..

the thief ring in demon souls ruled.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

another good thief's ring use is in 4-2, makes it so you're out of range of the manta attacks and gives you some more breathing room on those little paths with the skeles

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

the thief ring in demon souls ruled.

yah. the rings in demons are pretty varied which is neat, and I actually liked the cling ring trade off since each ring can have a way bigger impact on your play style.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

another good thief's ring use is in 4-2, makes it so you're out of range of the manta attacks and gives you some more breathing room on those little paths with the skeles

gently caress the mantas in 4-2. fu k them

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

yah. the rings in demons are pretty varied which is neat, and I actually liked the cling ring trade off since each ring can have a way bigger impact on your play style.

i miss rings being interesting OP poo poo

i mean i get why they took out stuff like that and the ninja ring but nothing but rings with tiny stat boosts suck

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

i miss rings being interesting OP poo poo

i mean i get why they took out stuff like that and the ninja ring but nothing but rings with tiny stat boosts suck

yeah the ring bloat in DS2 was pretty bad. I like specific poo poo like that because it makes for some really interesting gimmick build opportunities. Having full gavels and doing ninja flips was the poo poo

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

to be fair the DLCs added some cool ones, specifically the one that makes you fade into mist whenever you roll. that poo poo rules

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Gigantic bloodletting beast is ruining my afternoon

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Never mind lol switched from BoM to ludwigs viscerals and murked him

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Idc that the burial blade eats stamina for breakfast I was doing 4k combos on mergos wet nurse and crushing it

And fighting gerhman rules with it

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

If I'm doing the chalices in the order I get them for the achievement will I come across beast claws at some point or do I need to look for them in a special chalice. I think it's the last weapon I need for the achievement

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
They're in lower loran bonus area in layer 2 so you should run across them

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

yeah the ring bloat in DS2 was pretty bad. I like specific poo poo like that because it makes for some really interesting gimmick build opportunities. Having full gavels and doing ninja flips was the poo poo

i luv the simpletons ring in ds2. much kooler than the dwgr IMO.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Benny D posted:

Never mind lol switched from BoM to ludwigs viscerals and murked him

big boss = big weap

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Benny D posted:

If I'm doing the chalices in the order I get them for the achievement will I come across beast claws at some point or do I need to look for them in a special chalice. I think it's the last weapon I need for the achievement

theyre in ailing loran

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

to be fair the DLCs added some cool ones, specifically the one that makes you fade into mist whenever you roll. that poo poo rules

QFT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I never played the ds2 DLC. I have SotFS on my ps4 for sometime in the future when I revisit the game