Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Med School
Feb 27, 2012

Where did you learn how to do that?
I can purchase my own liquor and do very often, thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

I heartily approve of weird racing games and Grip looks super weird.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I swore off Kickstarting stuff but I need a new Rollcage......

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

In Training posted:

Don't talk during movies.

put your loving cell phone away or i swear to god

Botnit
Jun 12, 2015

I played the first Witcher all the way through but I'm 30 minutes into the second and I have no idea what the gently caress any of this stuff going on is besides Foltest/Triss. Am I supposed to know the guy interrogating Geralt? I like that the story seems complicated but between Geralt losing his memory and not knowing stuff I don't know if I'm supposed to have known it either.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
the witcher games are based on a polish harem manga, perhaps the answers you seek lie there friend

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Botnit posted:

I played the first Witcher all the way through but I'm 30 minutes into the second and I have no idea what the gently caress any of this stuff going on is besides Foltest/Triss. Am I supposed to know the guy interrogating Geralt? I like that the story seems complicated but between Geralt losing his memory and not knowing stuff I don't know if I'm supposed to have known it either.
No, Roche is a new character. Stuff will start making sense, I understood what was going on and I never even played the first game at the time.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Aug 15, 2015

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Great Joe posted:

I heartily approve of weird racing games and Grip looks super weird.
It reminds me of Kinetica for the PS2.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
So that windows 10 piracy feature that you can't disable seems to be throwing tantrums if you try launching a game using DOSBOX or whatever.

Emulators seem to be an issue with the OS as well since the anti-piracy features gently caress those up big time.

The system apparently views most of these programs as illegal and will outright refuse to run them. There is however a fix to this but you need to pretty much hack windows 10 to pieces and remove the anti-piracy software that embedded in the system itself.

Suffice to say we will not be using windows 10 for the annual OLD AS poo poo MMORPG GOD MODE private server run, because most of the workarounds to get the server to behave like a live one requires stuff that sets off too many red lights.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

The Taint Reaper posted:

So that windows 10 piracy feature that you can't disable seems to be throwing tantrums if you try launching a game using DOSBOX or whatever.

Emulators seem to be an issue with the OS as well since the anti-piracy features gently caress those up big time.

The system apparently views most of these programs as illegal and will outright refuse to run them. There is however a fix to this but you need to pretty much hack windows 10 to pieces and remove the anti-piracy software that embedded in the system itself.

Suffice to say we will not be using windows 10 for the annual OLD AS poo poo MMORPG GOD MODE private server run, because most of the workarounds to get the server to behave like a live one requires stuff that sets off too many red lights.

I've run dolphin and ppsspp fine on 10, though I have had issues with controllers pin dolphin. Not sure about legacy servers though.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
There was this game like six or so years ago by some solo indie game dev

I think the devil was involved somehow?

ugh, I don't even remember the details, but I really liked it :(

I found out about it here

Any help? :(

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

There was this game like six or so years ago by some solo indie game dev

I think the devil was involved somehow?

ugh, I don't even remember the details, but I really liked it :(

I found out about it here

Any help? :(

I think you could only buy it off his website?

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
armageddon empires, thanks a lot

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

demon rush

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

armageddon empires, thanks a lot

well is it any good or not

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

precision posted:

well is it any good or not

yes, very

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

well there goes $15

poo poo that does look fuckin sweet

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

So is she a contortionist or something?

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Is this what I'm missing by not playing any DOA games after DOA2U?

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ajbfIRZApI

Wamdoodle posted:

So is she a contortionist or something?
Snake woman, I presume

Jibo posted:

Is this what I'm missing by not playing any DOA games after DOA2U?
It's Tekken

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Aug 16, 2015

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

brigador looks really good but early access announcements at this point seems strange. game was suppposed to be done and fully released a while ago wasn't it? i haven't followed its development more than having it on my steam wishlist for like 2 years so maybe this was the plan all along but it doesn't feel that way.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
it takes on average 800 dollars to beat that castlevania slot machine.

and by beat I mean see all the LORE RICH STORY SCENES, not win actual money.

The Phantom Ghost
Feb 28, 2007

hold on what kind of fighting robot is he again

The Taint Reaper posted:

can you really put a price on high quality erotic violence

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

The Phantom Ghost posted:

can you really put a price on high quality erotic violence

Yes. 800 dollars.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

The Taint Reaper posted:

If you're a podcast person 99% Invisible did an episode on modern slot machines and all the user-engagement tricks they use are pretty wild.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Sleeveless posted:

If you're a podcast person 99% Invisible did an episode on modern slot machines and all the user-engagement tricks they use are pretty wild.

that podcast fuckin owns

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

precision posted:

that podcast fuckin owns

Agreed. I wish they did more episodes on games, the only videogame-specific one is about The Sims Online shutting down and it's like 50% recycled content from an episode of A Life Well Wasted but the pinball and billiards and Ouija episodes all own.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Sleeveless posted:

Both of the people talking are insufferable and neither of them talk long enough for you to adjust to their own brand of annoying.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

If you're retarded like me and go through the Mass Effect trilogy once or twice a year, someone made a scenario generator that will randomize all major decisions for you. It looks pretty cool if you've played through the games a hundred times already and want to encounter scenarios you wouldn't normally get to see in a more rational playthrough.

Mass Effect 1
Mass Effect 2
Mass Effect 3

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

exquisite tea posted:

If you're retarded like me and go through the Mass Effect trilogy once or twice a year

That's not retarded, that's terrifying.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

exquisite tea posted:

If you're retarded like me and go through the Mass Effect trilogy once or twice a year,

Why the gently caress would anyone do that with any one game, let alone a series of games that got progressively worse?

Seek help.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 44 hours!

spudsbuckley posted:

Why the gently caress would anyone do that with any one game, let alone a series of games that got progressively worse?

Seek help.

if u think the first mass effect was the best u need help

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
3 rly suckx too

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
I'm horrified that a person replays video games.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Stux posted:

if u think the first mass effect was the best u need help

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

Real hurthling! posted:

brigador looks really good but early access announcements at this point seems strange. game was suppposed to be done and fully released a while ago wasn't it? i haven't followed its development more than having it on my steam wishlist for like 2 years so maybe this was the plan all along but it doesn't feel that way.

Nah they re-evaluated things recently and decided EA would be better in the long run. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3635150&pagenumber=9#post448859215

Also that gif in Cardboard Box's post is slightly old and still has the old trajectory guidance graphics, which I'm glad they improved.

dyzzy fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Aug 17, 2015

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
ME2 is like the best modern example of a game improving rather than diminishing a franchise by cutting off the fat (in this case a ton of boring redundant bullshit equipment, skills, and barren planets that only existed to make the game appear more like a traditional CRPG)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
The planets were boring, but driving around in the mako was the best part of all 3 games for me. That and femshep headbutting a krogan.

• Locked thread