Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

OK, so Mr Handy will not use the elevators on his own? That's balls. Welp, guess I'm rearranging my vault so that everything that's important is on one floor... for now.

Ehh.. may not be the best option. You're going to want to stack them 3-wide to upgrade them. I do 2 on one floor and 1 on another. Of course, I have no idea what I'm doing. I'm having trouble getting over 20 vault dwellers.

Anyone figured out some genius way to replace a room? I built a living quarters during the tutorial, then built a diner beyond it.. the diner is 3-wide now, and I would rather not have that living quarters there anymore. The best option would be to delete it and have everything slide over, but it doesn't work that way. I also can't transition it into a diner to make it link up. I'd have to delete everything to the right of it for a fraction of what I paid to construct it, then delete the living quarters, then rebuild everything. That's kinda bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay

Toshimo posted:

Holy poo poo this is a pro click. Just grabbed like 25 things.
What's good? I just got goat SIM for a quick laugh or 2.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

New Leaf posted:

Ehh.. may not be the best option. You're going to want to stack them 3-wide to upgrade them. I do 2 on one floor and 1 on another. Of course, I have no idea what I'm doing. I'm having trouble getting over 20 vault dwellers.

Anyone figured out some genius way to replace a room? I built a living quarters during the tutorial, then built a diner beyond it.. the diner is 3-wide now, and I would rather not have that living quarters there anymore. The best option would be to delete it and have everything slide over, but it doesn't work that way. I also can't transition it into a diner to make it link up. I'd have to delete everything to the right of it for a fraction of what I paid to construct it, then delete the living quarters, then rebuild everything. That's kinda bullshit.

You can still restart your shelter before it's too late.

I deleted one of the room after the tutorial to make all rooms left and right of the starting elevator 3 tiles wide. Vault runs fine and I don't even need mr handys.

You can't improvise yourself vault supervisor.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

New Leaf posted:

it seems really harsh at first, but later on youll be swimming in bottle caps anyways, especially if you follow some of the rushing tips and such that have already been posted.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

You can still restart your shelter before it's too late.

I deleted one of the room after the tutorial to make all rooms left and right of the starting elevator 3 tiles wide. Vault runs fine and I don't even need mr handys.

You can't improvise yourself vault supervisor.

But I spent moneys.. :(

Not much, but still. Did the multi-pack of Mr. Handys and a 5-pack of lunchboxes just to get started.

This is on my phone though, it runs so much better on my tablet that I may just focus on that.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
The rushing stuff hasn't been working for me, I consistently get more failed rushes than successful ones.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

galahan posted:

If you like tower defense, bloons is a must have imo

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Dodoman posted:

The rushing stuff hasn't been working for me, I consistently get more failed rushes than successful ones.

Maybe its my imagination but I had the 'rush rooms successfully' and 'put out fires' challenges at the same time and even when my % of failure was like 70%+ I kept getting successful rushes as if the game was trying to keep me from doing the fire challenge easily. It was great.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

galahan posted:

I just tried out Sonic 2, and it's a really solid remake. It controls almost exactly the same as the original. Scribblenauts is also a fun series.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know
The thread finally wore me down and I'm now playing Gems of War. How's the second guild coming along? I want all the free stuff I'm entitled to.
Also seconding the idea for a dedicated thread.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

seravid posted:

The thread finally wore me down and I'm now playing Gems of War. How's the second guild coming along? I want all the free stuff I'm entitled to.
Also seconding the idea for a dedicated thread.

I'll make the guild today, works been hectic and long , and a thread on the private game server?
Not sure how I feel making a dedicated thread on this forum just for the game

Crash_N_Burn
Apr 19, 2014

So theres a new Dragon Quest Monsters game out and its pretty great so far. If anything it reminds me of Brave Frontier / Summoners War, but with the DQM monsters and battle system. Has a gacha, evo / skilling system, daily dungeons, etc. Not on the US play store yet but it is in English.

http://m.apkpure.com/dragon-quest-monsters-sl/com.garena.game.dqmsl

My invite code is BLNBhXr3 if someone wants to get a chain going.

Crash_N_Burn fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Aug 14, 2015

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

GaryLeeLoveBuckets posted:

Could I get an invite as Gary_14 ?

Sent you an invite, we had a space for some reason

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.
I just realized in this Fallout game that I've been using one guy to do all the breeding... including the daughters and grand daughters...

(EDIT) ... ... :fap:

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know

Tiny Chalupa posted:

I'll make the guild today, works been hectic and long , and a thread on the private game server?
Not sure how I feel making a dedicated thread on this forum just for the game

Nah, in Games. We have a thread for Star Wars Commander that has barely any traffic, but it's useful to consolidate info/tips/general advice and conversations in one place, especially for newbies like me. And unlike SWC, Gems has been talked about a lot in here, so I imagine the thread would be pretty active (at least for a while).

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Malek posted:

I just realized in this Fallout game that I've been using one guy to do all the breeding... including the daughters and grand daughters...

I hope his name is Craster.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Thread titles are better when picked by the community, lets have some suggestions!

Here's mine:

Gems of War: Stop making GBS threads up the Android Gaming thread
Gems of War: Why Did the Developers Misspell Atalanta?
Gems of War: Drop a Hot Combo on the Bad AI

I'll start a thread soon, probably mostly blank for now. When I do, feel free to copy and paste good posts from this thread. I'll do an effort OP after I put my kids to bed.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Crash_N_Burn posted:

So theres a new Dragon Quest Monsters game out and its pretty great so far. If anything it reminds me of Brave Frontier / Summoners War, but with the DQM monsters and battle system. Has a gacha, evo / skilling system, daily dungeons, etc. Not on the US play store yet but it is in English.

I was gonna try this, but I can't get Garena to set up a login either on the phone or from their website. :(

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
I've been experimenting with some early vault layouts in Shelter after destroying+rebuilding, and am trying to get some screenshots. Does anyone know where they get saved to?

I did find out though, that if you hit the screenshot button, it totally freezes the game until you come back and close the "screenshot" pop-up. Kind of handy if you don't wanna force kill anything.

Anyone figure out how mergin rooms works? I keep seeing people talk about merging disparate room types, but I'm having trouble doing that any time except accidentally. I heard that they can't be different levels, but I'd still like to, say, have a 2 power 1 water room to begin (hydro plant duh!) or something..

Malek posted:

That will cause some problems until the second or third generation has grown to fruition, FYI. It's been done before. Try careful naming of every offspring to avoid getting frustrated and then belatedly realizing that you can't tell which one is related to whom..!

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

coyo7e posted:

I've been experimenting with some early vault layouts in Shelter after destroying+rebuilding, and am trying to get some screenshots. Does anyone know where they get saved to?

Just use the share button to send the capture where you want.

Rooms merge automatically when they are same type and level and next to each other.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Yeah no poo poo sherlock, but the app I "want" doesn't have the screenie come up in the phone gallery or otherwise, so I'd like to know which folder I need to get into.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
bahaha holy poo poo, restarted while trying to make my base rebuild less wasteful, got a minigun in my first lunchbox, as well as a guy with huuuge luck and bowling shirt and elf ears costume...

Then the seocnd lunch box gave me Vengeance - laser gatling gun.. Two level 3 guys in the first power station immediately next to the front door kill the entire raider wave in their first animation! :black101:

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

coyo7e posted:

Yeah no poo poo sherlock, but the app I "want" doesn't have the screenie come up in the phone gallery or otherwise, so I'd like to know which folder I need to get into.

I sent it to google drive. Then you can download it fine.

Yeah it really helps getting rare guns and characters from the early lunchbox. I send them on exploration to bring back tons of guns when they are not busy spreading their good genes around vault 069

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
Ok apparently from reading a wiki the "bug" where I got a lot of caps rushing rooms was probably because there was a guy with high luck in it. So if you have a guy with high luck, move it where you want to rush.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

I sent it to google drive. Then you can download it fine.

Yeah it really helps getting rare guns and characters from the early lunchbox. I send them on exploration to bring back tons of guns when they are not busy spreading their good genes around vault 069
Oh that's a good idea, I kept trying to upload them to imgur and other sources and it wanted me to select the image instead of auto-selecting, except I can't find the damned images! I have a cool "Wide 'S'" map I'm pretty pleased with and want to share pics of, since most of the "anti raider" layouts I've seen seem a bit sketchy.

I am not sure if I'd recommend save-scumming for a good "first two/three lunch boxes" but it helps enormously sometimes if you get 500 caps three times instead of 50 food three times, or even just getting a couple rusty winchester and laser rifles so you can be sure your base won't get rocked by the first two waves of raiders before you can reliably find weapons exploring.

If you plan on spending money on a mr Handy I'd definitely recommend scumming until you figure out a good layout as well as getting one or two good survivors/weapons/armor very early on. It doesn't take more than a couple minutes to restart to the same point but there's a weird difficulty jump between the storage/medbay/science rooms and actually being viable in the first couple hours of play without waiting for 6 hours until your new babies are grown up... Two survivors from lunch boxes is basically a full tech tier.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Fallout Shelter: Do not-recruited Dwellers eventually go away? Is it better to ignore them if they don't have at least one higher-than-2 skill? I'm finding that I pull in everyone, I quickly get to the point where I'm in the red with food/water consistently.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

MisterBibs posted:

Fallout Shelter: Do not-recruited Dwellers eventually go away? Is it better to ignore them if they don't have at least one higher-than-2 skill? I'm finding that I pull in everyone, I quickly get to the point where I'm in the red with food/water consistently.

No idea, but put them in costumes to boost their stats if you have to take them.

Crash_N_Burn
Apr 19, 2014

Toshimo posted:

I was gonna try this, but I can't get Garena to set up a login either on the phone or from their website. :(

I used Facebook to authenticate, I didnt even try with Garena.

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug

Crash_N_Burn posted:

This is a really cool game. My code is n34ZCvPf

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Huh?

Google rewards has gotten wierd.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
(Super) Monsters Ate My Condo has a sequel out called Monsters Ate My Metropolis. Compared to the first two games which were match 3 games, this one is a card battler.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Nitrousoxide posted:

Huh?

Google rewards has gotten wierd.

I got asked yesterday morning what year it was. Google is losing its mind

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
Anyone want a modified Fallout Shelter save file? 390 lunchboxes and 10 Mr.Handy's.

The vault is numbered 420 though.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

TraderStav posted:

I got asked yesterday morning what year it was. Google is losing its mind

I wonder if they're weeding out bots or something.

Wallet
Jun 19, 2006

Does anyone know how you complete the "Have x Bald Dwellers in the Vault" objectives in Fallout Shelter? I have a bunch of people who are bald already, do I have to add new bald dwellers for it to complete?

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Where have you been all my life?
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer

mrkillboy posted:

(Super) Monsters Ate My Condo has a sequel out called Monsters Ate My Metropolis. Compared to the first two games which were match 3 games, this one is a card battler.

Not awful, so far. It censors the name of my city, though. Apparently "BUTT" is not appropriate.

General Maximus
Jul 14, 2006
Standard models come in white labcoats for inexplicable reasons.
So I want to play Fallout Shelter but my phone is a relatively ancient Samsung thing that doesn't have the required minimum version of Android. (Needs 4.1, mine is I think 2.3.) Someone in in the Fallout 4 thread mentioned a thing called Bluestacks which appears to be an emulator of sorts but I tried it and the very first thing it did was bluescreen my computer and the second thing it did was put shortcuts on the desktop and in the start menu that point nowhere at all so nope, gently caress that.

Is there any way I can, legally, play this game that doesn't involve me either buying a new phone or tablet or borrowing the same from someone?

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

Dodoman posted:

Anyone want a modified Fallout Shelter save file? 390 lunchboxes and 10 Mr.Handy's.

The vault is numbered 420 though.

How did you get that many?

I am jelous!

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning

1337kutkufan6969 posted:

Not awful, so far. It censors the name of my city, though. Apparently "BUTT" is not appropriate.

yet "DICK" is?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spaseman
Aug 26, 2007

I'm a Securitron
RobCo security model 2060-B.
If you ever see any of my brothers tell them Victor says howdy.
Fallen Rib

General Maximus posted:

So I want to play Fallout Shelter but my phone is a relatively ancient Samsung thing that doesn't have the required minimum version of Android. (Needs 4.1, mine is I think 2.3.) Someone in in the Fallout 4 thread mentioned a thing called Bluestacks which appears to be an emulator of sorts but I tried it and the very first thing it did was bluescreen my computer and the second thing it did was put shortcuts on the desktop and in the start menu that point nowhere at all so nope, gently caress that.

Is there any way I can, legally, play this game that doesn't involve me either buying a new phone or tablet or borrowing the same from someone?

I've been playing on Andy and haven't had any problems running it. In fact FS seems to be tailored more toward being played on PC than tablets.