Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

the art in that book is still horrendous, but that was a good bit of dialogue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unmature
May 9, 2008

drrockso20 posted:

It's cool to be wrong about stuff. I respect your right to be totally wrong about things.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Agreed, neither is good :twisted:

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

A dude posted:

Unmature posted:

It's cool to be wrong about stuff. I respect your right to be totally wrong about things.

I respect your right to be wrong about him being wrong.

The writing in Squirrel Girl is amazing, but the art... ehhhh. Doreen looks like she would be right at home in That Classroom Next To The Boiler Room.

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent
Not a fan of the book, but it's clear it's a light, breezy, irreverent style for just such a book. Reminds me of how perfect Kyle Baker was for his Plastic Man book.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Setting the art to one side, I find that less inspiring and more the word salad introduction to a Dawkins speech or a pitch for alternative medicine. "Let's control our emotions, not let them control us!"

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Now someone post the next couple panels.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

I really can't wait for Avengers Idea Mechanics to come out, since it'll mean Squirrel Girl will be in a book with art that won't make my eyeballs vomit(really hope they replace the artist on USG in the future, since Squirrel Girl is one of my favorite characters at Marvel and it sucks that she's saddled with such a mediocre artist)

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I'm sure not sick of this topic. Incidentally, anybody have opinions on Frank Quitely on New X-Men?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Teenage Fansub posted:

This is a real new topic. Incidentally, anybody have opinions on Frank Quitely on New X-Men?

from what I remember it's okay, but nowhere near as good as his work on Flex Mentallo or All-Star Superman, by the way someone should post some pages from Flex Mentallo, as that comic is packed full of touching and inspiring moments

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Teenage Fansub posted:

I'm sure not sick of this topic. Incidentally, anybody have opinions on Frank Quitely on New X-Men?

THE BEST.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Teenage Fansub posted:

So great. I just read that run a couple weeks ago. It's Marvel so they have an inker wrangle his art to look like actual flesh and not mashed potato people. It's a perfectly nice, digestible version of his work.

Don't get me wrong, though. I LOVE Quitely unchained. I love me some mashed potato people.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Quitely's the guy who did that terrifying Emma Frost panel, right?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Teenage Fansub posted:

Pretty great. I mean, the silent issue? C'mon.

Ignite Memories posted:

Quitely's the guy who did that terrifying Emma Frost panel, right?
Nope.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Oh. Sorry. I meant to say "Shut up."

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Sure thing boss. We'll get right on that.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
holy poo poo shut up

-Images removed. Don't post nearly a whole drat comic. Shouldn't have to tell anyone this.-

:smith:
Ultimate X-Men? New Mutants 2? gently caress if I know.
This isn't so much inspiring as :cry:-inducing.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Aug 14, 2015

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.
Pretty sure that's Ultimate X-Men.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Probably shouldn't post an entire comic issue.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Ultimate X-Men? New Mutants 2? gently caress if I know.
This isn't so much inspiring as :cry:-inducing.
The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > We're stronger than we think we are: Touching and inspiring scans of entire comics thread

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Hey could I get that in cbz format so it can be even more inspiring on my hard drive

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Chaos Hippy posted:

Pretty sure that's Ultimate X-Men.

Yep by bendis ultimate x-men 41

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
It got the lot of you to shut up so I'll call that worth it.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Take that silver lining where you can get it

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
Hey, have you guys heard this crackpot theory that it's OK for superhero comic art not to be descended on a direct line from Neal Adams's style? Crazy, I know.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Senior Woodchuck posted:

Hey, have you guys heard this crackpot theory that it's OK for superhero comic art not to be descended on a direct line from Neal Adams's style? Crazy, I know.

That's crazy, next you'll be telling us that we're held to the Earth's surface by some MAGICAL downwards force pulling us towards the core of the planet, not the Earth constantly expanding to meet us!

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

This is a hill worth dying on, yes.

Chocolate Teapot
May 8, 2009

The art is the good bit, the writing is awful. It pays no respect to the artist's ability to get things across, and just floods panels with text. Words on everything and everywhere.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Chocolate Teapot posted:

The art is the good bit, the writing is awful. It pays no respect to the artist's ability to get things across, and just floods panels with text. Words on everything and everywhere.

but the artist on that book is completely awful at drawing faces, and everything else is also kinda weird from her(she did some Wonder Woman designs recently, they're all hideous)

I'll need to dig around to find some stuff that's thread appropriate, unfortunately it's going to have to wait since it's 3:30 in the morning and I need to get some sleep

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

edit: gently caress it not worth it.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

drrockso20 posted:

but the artist on that book is completely awful at drawing faces

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Chocolate Teapot posted:

More words does not automatically mean worse.

How pray tell would you express the above with more "faith in the artist"(pictures)

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

"Oh god guys shut up"

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Basically my reaction to every time this discussion happens now. I don't even care about convincing anyone that it's just a taste thing anymore, just loving stop.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Gaz-L posted:

Basically my reaction to every time this discussion happens now. I don't even care about convincing anyone that it's just a taste thing anymore, just loving stop.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

We get it. Some of you don't like Squirrel Girl's art. I'm also in that camp. Shut the hell up about it though every time a panel is posted. We're all tired of seeing it.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

X-O posted:

We get it. Some of you don't like Squirrel Girl's art. I'm also in that camp. Shut the hell up about it though every time a panel is posted. We're all tired of seeing it.

Can we just make a thread specifically for it? Maybe the thread could have FYAD rules in it, or the real thread is in FYAD while the thread here is locked and stickied and only has a link to the FYAD thread.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

ManiacClown posted:

Can we just make a thread specifically for it? Maybe the thread could have FYAD rules in it, or the real thread is in FYAD while the thread here is locked and stickied and only has a link to the FYAD thread.

No, we're not making a thread specifically for people who don't like Squirrel Girl's art. Just don't read the book and go on about your lives and let the people that do like it enjoy it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

There's this thread ya maroons http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3400783