Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I was playing earlier and noticed that one of the SSR people on my friend's list (I think it was either an SSJ Gohan or SSJ Vegeta) had the leader skill "Damage + 20% (or 25, forget) while health under 80%", while my SSR Piccolo has "Damage + 30% while health under 80%" It seems kind of strange for one SSR to have a leader skill that is just objectively superior to another.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Dear game, gently caress you too.

Not that I could beat this anyway, I got absolutely wrecked.

Getimmaaw
Dec 22, 2006
So I thought I used up all my luck after I rerolled with an ssr teq frieza after first running with an ssr agil goku. Then apparently I had some luck left when i mannaged to single pull a 2nd teq frieza.

Anyways just decided to do a multi pull earlier...

Yup, probably gonna be just pulling Krillins after this.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Getimmaaw posted:

So I thought I used up all my luck after I rerolled with an ssr teq frieza after first running with an ssr agil goku. Then apparently I had some luck left when i mannaged to single pull a 2nd teq frieza.

Anyways just decided to do a multi pull earlier...

Yup, probably gonna be just pulling Krillins after this.

I don't believe you are real.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Now I hope Bardock's event last long enough for me to be ready to get Kid Vegeta, right now I can't even defeat the saibamen bosses (I can beat one of them, woo) in Z-Hard with my current PHY-centered team :shepface:

I guess I should start working on my SR PHY Gohan, King Cold and other half-leveled SR guys. What is the consensus for best method of power-leveling?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Level up an N dude to 20. Z awaken it for a big boost in EXP. Feed to a guy. I think that's the most common method at least.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Also farm normal awakening mats on Monday & Friday as they are the longest maps. (At least I have heard Monday is long)

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

They should make a flash event that's just a massive map full of nothing but guaranteed gregory medals given how many of those you have to use. I went through so many normal runs of the friday awakening event, 30+ capsules total. Almost all of them were gero.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Another 10 stone multi-summon.

Str SR kid Gohan and 9 rares. Only the 2 fat dudes from Bardock's crew. :mad:

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
Finished the "defeat a mission on quest [#] without using an item or continue" for normal and hard.

I'd try the Z-HARD, but I don't envision that going too well towards the end.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I've wasted 3 bars on getting Kid Vegeta and nothing doing.. What the gently caress, game?

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
This card sums up my luck with stone summons. :smith:

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang
Is there a link to some kind of tier list, or where I can view all the cards at max level?

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Batmasterson posted:

Is there a link to some kind of tier list, or where I can view all the cards at max level?

This lists some stats at max level, but not all.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DBZDokkanBattle/wiki/characters

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I have a ton of Rares now, and I have a couple question. Are there any Rares I should look out for and keep? With a bunch of extra rares, should I just train them all into one and z-awaken them like with N's, or should I go the extra step of getting Ns, z-awakening them, and then feeding those to my rares to awaken them that way?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Definitely merge duplicates down if you think you're going to use that character ever.

I'd say mostly worry about keeping Rares that have good synergy with your big hitters or link amongst themselves. I'm holding onto a lot of Rares I shouldn't be, like the demon instrument guys. I mean, I have all three and everything and they link with Piccolo. :negative:

I'd also say keep alternative typed Rares of guys you use, for flexibility purposes. I have STR and TEQ Jeice, INT and PHY Guldo, and STR and INT Ginyu. Makes team tweaking for events a snap, since you can still use your big hitters and keep your links with more useful types. It's not like it's hard to get a Rare to 40 and awaken it.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I have a ton of Rares now, and I have a couple question. Are there any Rares I should look out for and keep? With a bunch of extra rares, should I just train them all into one and z-awaken them like with N's, or should I go the extra step of getting Ns, z-awakening them, and then feeding those to my rares to awaken them that way?

Just make sure you keep Rs from this list: https://www.reddit.com/r/DBZDokkanBattle/comments/3g6p1g/japan_dokkan_awaken_characters/

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Oh good, I can make half-naked Str Kid Chi-Chi in the future. :reddit:

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Worth noting that the R STR Krillin on that list is not the one we can get right now. It's a specific R STR Krillin they put out for Revival of F.

Of those listed, you can currently get:

- Frieza (any)
- SR Master Roshi (AGL or TEQ)
- R Chi-Chi (STR or INT) Worth noting that the SR Chi-Chi will not work for the Dokkan Awaken
- SR Videl (STR or TEQ)

So the rest have to be added before you can get them. I have a fully awakened and maxed out AGL Roshi and STR Chi-Chi waiting to go, and just got the STR SR Videl so I think I'm in good shape for when these hit.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I got really sad when I realized all these SRs are just awakened R's and I forgot about them. I have only one SSR, and maybe a few natural SR's. Literally my only SSR was from my first pull, and this game's like two months old now?

Ugh. The worst part is that my SR's are scattered so I can't cobble together a good team to take on any Z-hard missions.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Kelp Plankton posted:

- R Chi-Chi (STR or INT) Worth noting that the SR Chi-Chi will not work for the Dokkan Awaken

That's bullshit, because I used my Z-Awakened R to train up my SR.. :( She's been benched for a while, though.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I think my problem with my Rares is that now my character capacity is full, so I can't just friend summon a bunch of Ns to awaken then give to the rares. I hate having to train unleveled rares with rares, I feel like there's a more efficient use for them but I guess it's not the end of the world to do some inefficient training.

And is it just me, or is that SR Girl Saiyan Bardock Pal actually quite good? Her leader ability seems very useful.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I think my problem with my Rares is that now my character capacity is full, so I can't just friend summon a bunch of Ns to awaken then give to the rares. I hate having to train unleveled rares with rares, I feel like there's a more efficient use for them but I guess it's not the end of the world to do some inefficient training.

And is it just me, or is that SR Girl Saiyan Bardock Pal actually quite good? Her leader ability seems very useful.

Kelp Plankton posted:

SR Fasha is actually one of the best SRs in the game according to Japanese tier lists. She has the same leader skill as EoI Frieza (15% attack boost to all) but her stats aren't as good and her passive is less reliable.

I think only EoI Frieza and Secret Arts Unleashed Yamcha outdo her in terms of SR characters. So you could have done a lot worse!

That Yamcha is super silly though, leader skill reduces enemy defense by 25% and then if he goes first it's reduced by another 50%. That's better than SSR level damage boosting there.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

That's what I thought. I think I'll raise her up in lieu of not having that Frieza.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Burning through story missions as fast as I can for Dragon Stones. Really want Super Saiyan Bardock and Fasha. Also, what is the purpose of Zenny in this game? So far I can't find any use for it except the occasional Baba tile.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

http://i.imgur.com/H6OqIGF.png

Got a new leader for my main group

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

-Fish- posted:

Burning through story missions as fast as I can for Dragon Stones. Really want Super Saiyan Bardock and Fasha. Also, what is the purpose of Zenny in this game? So far I can't find any use for it except the occasional Baba tile.

Zeni is used to pay for awakenings. You don't notice it because the promotions basically give everyone way more money than one normally sees.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

It's really sad that I found the Supreme Kai token I needed to Awaken SSJ Bardock but I don't have enough Master Roshi tokens.. what the gently caress.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

So I'm doing the Hercule mission five times on hard or whatever and I realize that it's actually pretty good exp for how easy it is. Even my level 62 SSR* character gets a pretty huge chunk out of a fight I end in like one turn compared to anything else.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.

New Leaf posted:

It's really sad that I found the Supreme Kai token I needed to Awaken SSJ Bardock but I don't have enough Master Roshi tokens.. what the gently caress.

Where'd you get it? Just random gold awakening capsule?

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Well got Kid Vegeta even though I had to use a stone to restore my health during the last fight. He's also my first Int character that seems good.

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

Do the friend point summons ever change? I have only been playing a week so id like to know

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

zelah posted:

Where'd you get it? Just random gold awakening capsule?

Yeah completely random, wasn't even looking for it.

Also, just pulled a random-rear end SR TEQ Cell, but not the starter one I'm used to seeing. He's in a kamehameha pose. He any good? I don't really have a spot for him on my main team, but he may be a decent leader for my green team.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

DoubleT2172 posted:

Do the friend point summons ever change? I have only been playing a week so id like to know

They can get any R or SR that's added to the normal summon table but it's very rare. I imagine they'll add more N summons eventually but I haven't seen any new ones so far.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Is there any way to tell which stages you've beaten without using items in? They should add an icon or something if not.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Nuebot posted:

Is there any way to tell which stages you've beaten without using items in? They should add an icon or something if not.

You don't have to do every single stage, just one per chapter(per difficulty, for the separate achievements). The achievements disappear once completed so you can just check them to see what chapters you have left.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Haha, wow, gently caress Z-Hard Planet Vegeta's Prince. I just got rolled by the Saibamen. The softest target on my team was a level 49 SR* Int Ginyu. 16000 damage acids can gently caress right off.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Kelp Plankton posted:

You don't have to do every single stage, just one per chapter(per difficulty, for the separate achievements). The achievements disappear once completed so you can just check them to see what chapters you have left.

Oh it's just any stage? I thought it was all of them. Neat.

Echophonic posted:

Haha, wow, gently caress Z-Hard Planet Vegeta's Prince. I just got rolled by the Saibamen. The softest target on my team was a level 49 SR* Int Ginyu. 16000 damage acids can gently caress right off.

Yeah no poo poo, Z-hard doesn't gently caress around. I'm hoping I can level up and awaken my SRs in time to get at least on kid vegeta.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Nuebot posted:

Yeah no poo poo, Z-hard doesn't gently caress around. I'm hoping I can level up and awaken my SRs in time to get at least on kid vegeta.

It would have been fine if those assholes didn't spam their ults. I guess that's what all these healing items are for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I wish there were healing panels, basically. Did you know those ? can trigger encounters too? Because I didn't until now!