Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

GalacticAcid posted:

Linc in High Noon.

So 50.0 LMT?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW
I hope the logo will look like some 70s grindhouse font after she meets with #BLM

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Trump has secured a parking lot adjacent to the fair for the helicopter rides.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
last week didnt the fair officials say that it wouldnt be cool for him to give helicopter rides

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

baw posted:

last week didnt the fair officials say that it wouldnt be cool for him to give helicopter rides

Yeah, that's why he had to base it outside of the fairgrounds. But nothing's going to stop him from Making America Great Again with classy copter rides.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

After watching both his press conference and his speech from yesterday, I'm now convinced he's going to win the nomination.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Brannock posted:

Kerry's 71 and would be 75 in 2020. Is there really that little new blood in the Democratic party? Sanders, Rodham, Gore, Biden, Warren, Kerry, basically everyone that's had their name floated for the post-Obama presidency have all been ancient.

On top of the incumbency problem, I imagine that they have a similar issue as Labour in the UK; any young blood worth grooming is also too leftist to be a Retail Democrat, resulting in a pool of cryptkeepers and sociopaths. There's a reason the only leftist in the primary is also an independent outside the race.

Republicans don't have this problem as much, but its clearly taking its toll when you see clean-cut goobers flounder on stage trying to appeal to hyperconservatives, while Walker and Trump steal the spotlight. Rightists are also way more hostile to fakes than leftists; people will begrudgingly vote for hillary, but ben carson's rear end was out the moment they found out he Did A Thing with fetal tissue.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

XK posted:

After watching both his press conference and his speech from yesterday, I'm now convinced he's going to win the nomination.

I dunno he could have John Landis managing the helicopter stunt.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Raskolnikov38 posted:

I dunno he could have John Landis managing the helicopter stunt.

Gross and disastrous violation of child labor laws can only burnish his conservative bona fides.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Big fan of chillin in Cedar Rapids

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Third World Reggin posted:

now that I've seen hillarys arrow I can not unsee it

I'LL say :heysexy:

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

So everyone with houses or parking lots near the fairgrounds (predominantly lower-middle class neighborhood) take these days off work to sell their property for parking spaces.

One of those locals just won the loving lottery of cash only event parking, and unlike caterers and other services contracted for candidates' events, they were likely paid upfront and will actually see a payment where others will see the candidate crater, declare bankruptcy, and never pay any bills.

Which means Donald Trump has probably stimulated the local economy more than every other campaign combined so far.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Neurolimal posted:

On top of the incumbency problem, I imagine that they have a similar issue as Labour in the UK; any young blood worth grooming is also too leftist to be a Retail Democrat, resulting in a pool of cryptkeepers and sociopaths. There's a reason the only leftist in the primary is also an independent outside the race.

Nah there's no shortage of Clinton-style third way liberals under 50 (which counts for young in politics). It's true younger people are more socially liberal, but on economic and labor issues there's little difference; if anything there's a greater cynicism toward government programs. The bigger issue is the younger end of the electorate on the Democratic side is a whole lot less white than the generations before them. And the talent pool from cities and congressional districts where the party has a strong presence is less white as well.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Joementum posted:

Martin O'Malley has to be so pissed about the Biden / Gore / Kerry trial balloons. Probably sitting there thinking, "C'mon guys, I'm right here and I'm not Hillary Clinton. What more do you need?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKr7R2abqWQ

Leathal
Oct 29, 2004

wanna be like gucci?
lil buddy eat your vegetables

XK posted:

He's really tapped into the "mad as hell and not gonna take it anymore" mindset of the GOP base and - except for the build a wall red meat stuff - he's expertly taking their generally misplaced rage and redirecting it towards the real causes. It has to be scaring the hell out of the establishment to see the Frankenstein's monster they created being pointed at them.

That's what I find the most fascinating about the Summer of Trump (lol): the same crowds that screamed "Let em die!" four years ago are now literally cheering plans to expand Medicaid for the poor, fix the problems at the VA, increase funding for women's health issues (sans abortion, but still...), make our infrastructure huge and luxurious, and implement a 35% tariff on companies that offshore. And they're booing Bush for Iraq, Walker for being corrupt as hell, and laughing at Fiorina's HP tenure.

What happened to the hateful assholes who vote in GOP primaries? :psyduck:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Leathal posted:

He's really tapped into the "mad as hell and not gonna take it anymore" mindset of the GOP base and - except for the build a wall red meat stuff - he's expertly taking their generally misplaced rage and redirecting it towards the real causes. It has to be scaring the hell out of the establishment to see the Frankenstein's monster they created being pointed at them.

That's what I find the most fascinating about the Summer of Trump (lol): the same crowds that screamed "Let em die!" four years ago are now literally cheering plans to expand Medicaid for the poor, fix the problems at the VA, increase funding for women's health issues (sans abortion, but still...), make our infrastructure huge and luxurious, and implement a 35% tariff on companies that offshore. And they're booing Bush for Iraq, Walker for being corrupt as hell, and laughing at Fiorina's HP tenure.

What happened to the hateful assholes who vote in GOP primaries? :psyduck:

They still hate. Trump's entire popularity is build on his horrific fear mongering targeted at Latinos.

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
They don't care about policy, they just want somebody who doesn't sound like a pussy.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Montasque posted:

They still hate. Trump's entire popularity is build on his horrific fear mongering targeted at Latinos.

Absolutely, and that is one of the most significant developments of this race. Trump has disentangled xenophobic rear end in a top hat rhetoric from the other right wing policies that accompany it. Trump has clearly learned something from the European far right... Xenophobia and populist economics are a potent cocktail.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Lyapunov Unstable
Nov 20, 2011
Somebody in another thread mentioned that you can tell whether a smile is fake by whether their eyes are open while smiling, and now I cannot unsee that in every single loving picture of Hillary Clinton.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Hell, I'd fly in the Trumpcopter too.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

This is fantastic. Everyone shows up for their scripted uninspired 'meat on a stick' photo op, while Trump shows up in a massive chopper with his name plastered on it's side in HUGE gold letters and offers rides to kids.

It's easy to see why C-Span callers are totally hyped on this guy.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Quote of the day, "Let's go. Time for some helicopter rides. Who's first? Where are your parents?" ~ Donald Trump.

He also said he won't be giving a speech at the Des Moines Register's fair soapbox because it's run by "an irrelevant newspaper".

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
C-SPAN called Ron from Joshua Tree, CA believes in Trump because he will end the "war on men, the war on cops".

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Montasque posted:

This is fantastic. Everyone shows up for their scripted uninspired 'meat on a stick' photo op

Speaking of which, Rick Santorum was cooking at the pork hut just before Hillary arrived, so there's a non-zero chance she's eating a pork chop he cooked.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Joementum posted:

Speaking of which, Rick Santorum was cooking at the pork hut just before Hillary arrived, so there's a non-zero chance she's eating a pork chop he cooked.

Poor Hillary. Eating meat exposed to Santorum is highly unhygienic.

neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx

Lyapunov Unstable posted:

Somebody in another thread mentioned that you can tell whether a smile is fake by whether their eyes are open while smiling, and now I cannot unsee that in every single loving picture of Hillary Clinton.

Hillary cannot smile, as she is in fact a killer robot. That is why I'm voting Killary 2016.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

No word from Trump spokesman as to whether he can do the hully-gully.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Silly Burrito posted:

Hell, I'd fly in the Trumpcopter too.

When I was a kid, my parents knew a guy who did accounting for a rich guy. He had a Sikorsky and flew us up to NY, around all the sight-seeing spots, plopped us down on one of the city-side heli-pads, then flew us home a few hours later. It was absolutely awesome.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Trump's bodyguard is straight out of central casting for Miami Vice.

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!

Joementum posted:

Trump's bodyguard is straight out of central casting for Miami Vice.

he looks like if ron perlman's short brother was cast to play ron burgundy

Indie Rocktopus
Feb 20, 2012

In the aeroplane
over the sea

Patter Song posted:

Absolutely, and that is one of the most significant developments of this race. Trump has disentangled xenophobic rear end in a top hat rhetoric from the other right wing policies that accompany it. Trump has clearly learned something from the European far right... Xenophobia and populist economics are a potent cocktail.

The anti-immigrant nationalism is the spoonful of bacon fat that helps the social welfare medicine go down. The Republican base isn't opposed to expanded healthcare, as long as an authority they trust guarantees they won't have to pay the bills for anyone outside of their tribe, all of whom are obviously lazy and undeserving.

RedQueen
Apr 21, 2007

It takes all the running you can do just to stay in the same place.
Do candidates ever run into each other at the fair?

loving Iowa man

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

GalacticAcid posted:

Linc in High Noon.

God even his clothes look old.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

apatheticman posted:

God even his clothes look old.

Chafee needs a tailor to take his measurements.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

RedQueen posted:

Do candidates ever run into each other at the fair?

loving Iowa man

Yes, and when they do we call it a candidate corn conflagration and it's in the papers for weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

fosborb posted:

Yes, and when they do we call it a candidate corn conflagration and it's in the papers for weeks.

Cornflagration, surely

• Locked thread