Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

dragon enthusiast posted:

Feature request: would it be possible to add "flick to close image view" functionality like how tweetbot behaves?

Try swiping down à la the Facebook app.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Peta posted:

When are search and archives going to be added plz? Sorry for being an rear end in a top hat about the good app.

Is your name in 3D

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

noirstronaut posted:

Is your name in 3D

I was going to post this same thing.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

He is the 3D Poster, yes. He posts in 3D. It is a feature Ralp implemented just for him

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Posters with 3D are actual people while posters without that are bots.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Athletic Footjob posted:

Posters with 3D are actual people while posters without that are bots.

Having a major existential crisis now. Thanks.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Did the way the browser works get changed? I could have sworn I used to be able to close it by swiping back (just like going back to your bookmarks) but this doesn't seem to be the case anymore.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Bookmarks list is very laggy for me, anyone else?

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Kazy posted:

Did the way the browser works get changed? I could have sworn I used to be able to close it by swiping back (just like going back to your bookmarks) but this doesn't seem to be the case anymore.

Yeah, I hope they revert it back.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Is it possible to make the pop-up for links a Share Sheet instead of what it is normally? I am a massive user of the Safari Reading List so being able to do it in two taps would be appreciated. :)

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

TinTower posted:

Is it possible to make the pop-up for links a Share Sheet instead of what it is normally? I am a massive user of the Safari Reading List so being able to do it in two taps would be appreciated. :)

Yeah, didn't this used to be a share sheet? Why was it removed?

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Diabolik900 posted:

Yeah, didn't this used to be a share sheet? Why was it removed?

because the share sheet makes goatseing easier

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

I have some work done to add the share sheet as an item in the current menu, maybe I'll dig it out from all the Swift 2 changes and finish it. Quite a few users prefer the menu we have so it'll have to be 3 taps to Reading List or whatever.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

I noticed that if you open a link from a post and try to use the share feature in he browser, awful seems to crash. At least, it goes back to the home screen. The app is still running but when you open it, it's lost context of what you were reading.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

because the share sheet makes goatseing easier

Several apps seem to have figured out how to display the url above the share sheet. That seems preferable to ripping out the share sheets.

Acer Pilot posted:

I noticed that if you open a link from a post and try to use the share feature in he browser, awful seems to crash. At least, it goes back to the home screen. The app is still running but when you open it, it's lost context of what you were reading.

Share sheets are busted at the moment in the App Store version. Nobody seems to have caught it in the beta until after Pokeyman submitted the update.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007

A Bill Cosby conspiracy :nsa:

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
If you're not directly quoted, don't worry, everything up to here's on the list.

Kazy posted:

Yeah, it was a quick fix for another problem. I can put it back.

TinTower posted:

:suicide:

We should add a "share URL" option though.

Diabolik900 posted:

Several apps seem to have figured out how to display the url above the share sheet. That seems preferable to ripping out the share sheets.

Can you point me to one? Are they the legit share sheets, with AirDrop and everything?

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

pokeyman posted:

Can you point me to one? Are they the legit share sheets, with AirDrop and everything?

Tweetbot and Unread are the two I use regularly. They are the legit share sheet. They seem to have positioned another view above the sheet somehow.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

On the 6+, with hide sidebar in landscape enabled, start playing a YouTube video in portrait, and rotate to landscape. Sidebar appears and video disappears. I'm on the latest beta.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Brain Curry posted:

On the 6+, with hide sidebar in landscape enabled, start playing a YouTube video in portrait, and rotate to landscape. Sidebar appears and video disappears. I'm on the latest beta.

I have the same problem, but sidebar doesn't disappear despite the option toggled. Done a reinstall, logout-login, etc

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

withak posted:

Try swiping down à la the Facebook app.

That's cool. I feel like I learn something new about awful.app every month

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

I can go past page 1 :eyepop:

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
V3.5, iPad, landscape orientation: the forum thread is now too wide and scrolls horizontally. Portrait orientation does not scroll. Hiding/reshowing the sidebar does not fix it. Killing the app does not fix it.

Dancing Peasant
Jul 19, 2003

All this for stealing a piece of bread? :waycool:

david_a posted:

V3.5, iPad, landscape orientation: the forum thread is now too wide and scrolls horizontally. Portrait orientation does not scroll. Hiding/reshowing the sidebar does not fix it. Killing the app does not fix it.

This.

also, logging out and in, in addition to killing the app, does not fix it as well.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007

david_a posted:

Thanks Obama.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

david_a posted:

Same. iPad4 if it helps.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

whitey delenda est posted:

Same. iPad4 if it helps.

iPad Air 1, 8.3, and the same issue, unfortunately.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

david_a posted:

Air 2, landscape is too wide for me as well. The other issues aren't present.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Same, iPad mini...1st Gen? I thinki

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Imgur pics and maybe others are not loading at all for me.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Something seems screwy with text wrap in ipad landscape mode with the current version if you have the sidebar on. Every post extends off my screen to the right, changing text scaling has no practical effect and I can't zoom out any further. I'm able to scroll right to see the rest, but that gets old pretty quick having to scroll back and forth to read each line. Turning off the sidebar, everything wraps normally to fit the available screen space. Before I updated 15m ago, everything seemed to scale and wrap normally with & without the sidebar on. Let me know if you need any other info. from me.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007

I'm glad we've now reported this same issue at least three times in the last page or so. Please do the needful

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

david_a posted:

Came here to post this

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
The worst part is that I bet it's a side effect from a bug fix for the 6+ which, from reading this thread, is plagued with this issue. drat you 6+ :argh:

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
Weird problem I didn't see in the OP anywhere.

I recently changed my SA password on the site, but now when I open the app, it just closed right away. I took a look in the Settings area, but I didn't see the Awful app anywhere in there?

Should I just re-install the app?

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Sonata Mused posted:

Weird problem I didn't see in the OP anywhere.

I recently changed my SA password on the site, but now when I open the app, it just closed right away. I took a look in the Settings area, but I didn't see the Awful app anywhere in there?

Should I just re-install the app?
Awful definitely has a Settings entry so something seems hosed. There's no log out option in there so it wouldn't help you anyway.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

david_a posted:

Awful definitely has a Settings entry so something seems hosed. There's no log out option in there so it wouldn't help you anyway.

On auth error it kicks to the login screen though, so something else is going on (probably bad error handling, I'll take a look if I get a chance). Reinstall will almost certainly resolve it.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

david_a posted:

Yeah this, it is p annoying

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Sometimes this happens on the iPad. I don't really know what triggers it, but it hasn't happened to me on the iPhone. Restarting the app fixes it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Smol posted:

Sometimes this happens on the iPad. I don't really know what triggers it, but it hasn't happened to me on the iPhone. Restarting the app fixes it.

Just got this one. The scrolling thing in landscape is also happening. iPad Air 2

• Locked thread