Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Malloreon posted:

Next you'll say the alexander boss music sucks.

Alex boss theme always makes me think of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RJY1jcMlSI

but it's so obscure that there's no way it had any influence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Ravana is the best music I've ever heard

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Those "patch notes" read like patch note fanfic and you're a dipshit if you believe them.

Doublestep posted:

lol if you don't think gubal is the best music of heavensward

As usual, you are 100% correct.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Boten Anna posted:

Those "patch notes" read like patch note fanfic and you're a dipshit if you believe them.

Sort of. If anything the JP blog is just restating a bunch of poo poo that we already know was in the works. None of its observations are new per se. It's comments on the 24 man don't really line up all that great with what Yoshi recently said either so it's likely written before that.

In other words the blog is just speculation on which pieces of content that we already know about are coming in 3.1

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, those patch notes are repeating a bunch of things we already knew with one or 2 smart guesses thrown in. They come off as really fake.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Hey, I sometimes get kicked because I really dislike and dont support those so called "speed(...?)" runs! o_o
(No support means: I heal slow, no AoE/buffs as dps, I dont pay attention to additional mobs some idiot pulled as tank!)

They are worthless, annoying and shows only NO respect to the devs who maded these dungeons!
Also: "Speed" runs are NOT faster!

I join per Duty Finder! You meet -->random<-- people!
They cant expect every1 like the same thing! <.<

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Ignimbrite posted:

YES VANU VANU DANCE

thank you based yoship

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Just completed Friends Forever. Great quest.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Tenzarin posted:

Just completed Friends Forever. Great quest.

Power Rangers Beast Tribes was the best part of that grind for sure.

Willias
Sep 3, 2008

Boten Anna posted:

Most of those "patch notes" have been more or less copied straight out of interviews with Yoshida.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

has two dungeons instead of three per patch been confirmed? also i thought it HAD been confirmed that the 24-person raid would involve the warring triad and the floating continent still but gently caress man idk i just know that the first person to announce poo poo tends to be the ffxiv team and stuff doesnt get leaked all that often

Rei_ fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Aug 15, 2015

Touchfuzzy
Dec 5, 2010

quote:

This is a translation of a japanese blog covering some details on patch 3.1 This is not official so take it with a grain of salt. Here’s the link of the blog http://ffx.sakura.ne.jp/ff14/

guys, please

Willias
Sep 3, 2008

Rei_ posted:

has two dungeons instead of three per patch been confirmed? also i thought it HAD been confirmed that the 24-person raid would involve the warring triad and the floating continent still but gently caress man idk i just know that the first person to announce poo poo tends to be the ffxiv team and stuff doesnt get leaked all that often

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/126325-Game-Watch-Translation-Interview-with-Yoshida-at-Gamescom-2015

e: And from this I think we're getting two 24 man raids in 3.1. The floating island exploration stuff (and will be like WoW Flex raids where it scales up to 24 players) and the new 24 man raid.

ee: Relevant bits:

quote:

Is there anything else you can discuss about 3.1?

Yoshida: The new series of 24-man raids will begin there as well, but I can't really talk about the direction of any of that content as that's information we'll start to reveal at the 14-hour broadcast for the second anniversary. There will be a fairly large update for the Gold Saucer which will include quite a bit of new chocobo racing and Triple Triad content. We're also looking at increasing the payout of MGP and to allow players to buy multiple weekly lottery tickets. We don't know whether this will all make patch 3.1, but we're looking at a number of ways to increase the earnings.

Will you be adding to any of the existing attractions?

Yoshida: We will be. Another one of the items is balance adjustments for chocobo races. In addition to the Gold Saucer content, we're also working on implementing a totally new play style called "Sky Island Exploration," which is unlikely anything we've had before. However, we've always added three instanced dungeons in each patch before, but it will be two starting with the next patch. Instead of producing a bunch of similar type of content, we'd rather spread out the cost of our development to new types of content.

Will there be a new type of content in every patch?

Yoshida: The production cost of instanced dungeons is not that high, so we think those will continue to be included in every patch. We're trying to understand our workflow and overall schedule and upcoming new elements better so we can understand if it makes sense to pool certain costs from two patches and have one large update. We are planning to add a bunch of content in the 3.X series that's unlike what we've had before. Perhaps some of the content will fail, but at least we can say we're trying a bunch of new things. I think we developed a pretty solid foundation of gameplay with the 2.0 series, so now we're proposing new things we haven't done before.

Willias fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Aug 15, 2015

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Haha Yoshida on moogles.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Haha Yoshida on moogles.

Maybe they will turn into good memories one day.

Yoshida: No, I don't think so.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

I finally got access to the golden saucer. This isn't going to end well. :ohdear:

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
No doubt this is a troll, but still:
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/256269-Was-given-the-runaround-by-Gm-Rohirthorn

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Veev posted:

Maybe they will turn into good memories one day.

Yoshida: No, I don't think so.

He kneeeeeew!

What beautiful trolls.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

quote:

I reported some people for forcing me to skip content on a run that i waited several mins to que for. I have my rights to in game content and tanks can not deny me this content this falls under disruptive game play.

Ok when does this even happen. I've done roulettes and a guy will sometimes ask " hey can we do a full clear" and so we do because it's not that big a deal.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
That full interview mentions Yoshi-P and Matsuno talking while drinking and planning new content.

Could this expand to FFXIV: Ivaliceward? :fap:

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.
When are they releasing the patch that lets me mount up in the city or just has perma Sprint enabled in a city

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Just fantasia'd yesterday and did a new glamor:

Just need to get to 60 so I can get the sword to go with it :sparkles:

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

vanbags posted:

When are they releasing the patch that lets me mount up in the city or just has perma Sprint enabled in a city

Certain 1.0 players actually have an item that does that:

http://xivdb.com/?item/3744/Hermes%27-Shoes

Wonder if we'll ever see them again.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Niton posted:

Certain 1.0 players actually have an item that does that:

http://xivdb.com/?item/3744/Hermes%27-Shoes

Wonder if we'll ever see them again.

The fact that this is an item you have to equip and not some kind of key item or character trait is just such a 1.0 thing.

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

vOv posted:

The fact that this is an item you have to equip and not some kind of key item or character trait is just such a 1.0 thing.

Such a XI thing really.

Wait, no, in XI you would have to equip the boots to be able to sprint at all.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

I have those boots and they're in my armoire because gently caress pulling them out, equipping them, and risking forgetting I have them on in some instance to save 10 seconds of sprinting.

The best part is in 1.0 you needed them to sprint at all and they had hidden cooldowns that were not shown anywhere. Everything was way too huge and copypasted and it took forever to get places, and you only unlocked town aetheryites after doing a bunch of post-50 poo poo. You could use the boots like once a day and it made it almost tolerable to run to the edge of the black shroud to begin the long hike to Uldah through a bunch of poo poo that would probably kill you. You basically could only afford to teleport a couple of times a day until very late in 1.2x, as you used "anima" and it capped at 100 and you got like 8 a day or some poo poo. The towns were also less compact and more annoying when you were in there.

Boten Anna fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Aug 15, 2015

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
They eventually let you burn gil to teleport when you ran out of anima iirc which i thought was a kinda nice system

before that it sucked bad though yeah

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I've playing this game for a year and still am learning more and more about how messed up 1.0 apparently was.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

a kitten posted:

I've playing this game for a year and still am learning more and more about how messed up 1.0 apparently was.

Once I heard details about FFXIV I resubscribed to XI.

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

He kneeeeeew!

What beautiful trolls.

If you watch a video interview, when someone starts mentioning moogles he just puts his head in his hands.

Re: 1.0, I still think that the design document for 1.0 just consisted of the sentence "Make it different than FF11", and they just adhered to that and let the bodies fall where they may.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Hivac posted:

They eventually let you burn gil to teleport when you ran out of anima iirc which i thought was a kinda nice system

before that it sucked bad though yeah

They did? I don't think I ever let it run out enough to try, and like half the time I played it seriously after I came back the Atomos thing was up that basically gave you all the anima you needed forever.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Boten Anna posted:

I have those boots and they're in my armoire because gently caress pulling them out, equipping them, and risking forgetting I have them on in some instance to save 10 seconds of sprinting.

The best part is in 1.0 you needed them to sprint at all and they had hidden cooldowns that were not shown anywhere. Everything was way too huge and copypasted and it took forever to get places, and you only unlocked town aetheryites after doing a bunch of post-50 poo poo. You could use the boots like once a day and it made it almost tolerable to run to the edge of the black shroud to begin the long hike to Uldah through a bunch of poo poo that would probably kill you. You basically could only afford to teleport a couple of times a day until very late in 1.2x, as you used "anima" and it capped at 100 and you got like 8 a day or some poo poo. The towns were also less compact and more annoying when you were in there.

How in the gently caress did you manage to get everything to 50 pre ARR????

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Holyshoot posted:

How in the gently caress did you manage to get everything to 50 pre ARR????

The xp system was broken and hacked together as poo poo, and you could fire party your way to 40 in a couple hours, and steel cyclone wolves in natalan to 50 in like, one. This was without powerlevelling, which I didn't participate in very much as fire parties didn't involve owning anyone, but it was pretty common to do this trick to invite/kick someone at 50 from your party after pulling a bunch of raptors near bronze lake repeatedly so that you pulled with them in the party but they died when they were out, so everyone would get full xp. The couple of times I did it someone wanted the raptorskins that dropped in exchange for being the PL.

Fire parties were going to various places (depending on level range) and having someone with 50 WHM stoneskin everyone, which made it full level 50 strength (it wasn't % based), then they switch to something they're levelling while someone levelling gla or mrd pulled a huge pack. Since you could cross class everything, everyone would cross class AOE fire spells and burn down the monsters before the stoneskin wore off. Everyone had to cast fire at the same time though to bounce aggro around, it was weird.

Boten Anna fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Aug 15, 2015

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Dr Pepper posted:

Ok when does this even happen. I've done roulettes and a guy will sometimes ask " hey can we do a full clear" and so we do because it's not that big a deal.

The closest I've ever seen is level capped people in Aurum Vale agreeing not to kill the fruit and then killing the fruit anyway.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Dr Pepper posted:

I've had several tanks who throw a tantrum when I ask for a full clear and threaten to bail or go AFK for wasting their precious tank time.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Dressup in this game really IS important.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Fister Roboto posted:

I've had several tanks who throw a tantrum when I ask for a full clear and threaten to bail or go AFK for wasting their precious tank time.
Rightfully so.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Fister Roboto posted:

I find it annoying when someone asks, doubly so when it's a healer who gets instant queues as well but I do the full clear anyways because the alternate (vote kicked out or deserter debuff for leaving) is far more time consuming. Thankfully maybe 10% of my groups have some asking for a full clear.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Countblanc posted:

Rightfully so.

As a tank there are so many fun and interesting things to throw tantrums and be a primadonna rear end in a top hat about, this isn't one of them. Or at least, that's not how you do it. How you do it is not respond directly to the request, plow ahead anyway, and refuse to tank anything that they pull. Commend the healer if you get the sadly rare one that will back you up on this.

DarkHamsterlord posted:

The closest I've ever seen is level capped people in Aurum Vale agreeing not to kill the fruit and then killing the fruit anyway.

Those people can rot in hell imo, it's a shitton of xp and it's really not much harder and killing a million adds is probably one of the only fun parts of the dungeon anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Boten Anna posted:

Those people can rot in hell imo, it's a shitton of xp and it's really not much harder and killing a million adds is probably one of the only fun parts of the dungeon anyway.

Yeah, really. I understand not wanting to do a full clear of a lot of dungeons because they can take awhile, but letting the fruit hatch literally adds like, two or three minutes to the entire dungeon. It's completely trivial.

• Locked thread