Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dogcrash truther
Nov 2, 2013
Good luck, op :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.
I'm glad you're starting to move on and that you're smart enough to recognize it's not a good idea to date yet. Just be prepared for those feelings to come back at some point, likely when you're feeling stressed, overwhelmed, lonely, or nostalgic. They may not, but I think for a lot of people you get that fleeting desire to try to reconcile every now and then. Each time it happens the feelings get a little weaker and farther apart, so most likely you're over the hardest part. Best of luck to you.

adrenaline_junket
May 29, 2005
gotta get a rush!
If you're still paying her cell bill (which you should stop doing), request a copy of the bill for the time that "she was in OR looking for homes". You mentioned that you were messaging pics of the kids daily. Find out if her phone was in OR or TX.

Just because she said she was looking for places in OR and catching up with her family, might not actually mean she was.

Slow Motion
Jul 19, 2004

My favorite things in life are sex, drugs, feeling like a baller, and being $30,000 in debt.

adrenaline_junket posted:

If you're still paying her cell bill (which you should stop doing), request a copy of the bill for the time that "she was in OR looking for homes". You mentioned that you were messaging pics of the kids daily. Find out if her phone was in OR or TX.

Just because she said she was looking for places in OR and catching up with her family, might not actually mean she was.

As a man two years out of divorce and having recently unraveled some of my ex-wife's lies I have some suggestions about this, informed by my own experience.

1. There will be TONS of absolutely unforgivable betrayals that you didn't see because you didn't want to.
2. Don't look for them until you need to. This could be sooner rather than later on account of the adversarial divorce. But trust me; finding them out is going to hurt. A lot. Wait till it's useful to do so.
3. For me it was useful years after to provide closure and sanity. Like: "no I was not crazy she was trying to gently caress my boss". Knowing that my instincts were not wrong and that I made the right decision leaving her is a significant comfort. But these facts about the past would have DESTROYED me had I dug it up earlier, when I was more vulnerable.

As a general bit of advice I want to tell you to talk openly with as many people as you can about your situation. I swear to god every street has a bar, a certain one, that is a veritable divorce bullshit support group. I can remember at mine one time. I was thinking about giving my wife the car in addition to pretty much everything else since she would 'need' it more than me. At this bar a woman that we all called "Mom" screams from the other end of the room "Don't give that bitch an inch! You'll hate yourself later!". I still love those people for all the support.

January
Jul 5, 2009

adrenaline_junket posted:

There are probably legal reasons why OP can't stop paying the phone bill, but requesting the records is a very good idea.

adrenaline_junket
May 29, 2005
gotta get a rush!

Slow Motion posted:

3. For me it was useful years after to provide closure and sanity. Like: "no I was not crazy she was trying to gently caress my boss". Knowing that my instincts were not wrong and that I made the right decision leaving her is a significant comfort. But these facts about the past would have DESTROYED me had I dug it up earlier, when I was more vulnerable.

You raise a good point about unraveling things and the impact it could have on the OP's self esteem and self worth. Perhaps this is better served as something his lawyer does. Even though OR doesnt have at fault divorce, perhaps this will help strengthen the case when establishing her lack of credibility.

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005
I got my kids Friday and took them shopping. While we were shopping I found out that she has apparently pissed off the people she was staying with enough to have them kick her out. She hasn't spoken to anyone in her family since she was kicked out and the only thing she said when she left was that I can take care of the kids. She has abandoned the kids with me against her court order. She burned all her bridges here in Oregon so my only though is she went back to Ohio of will be heading to Texas.

I will be honest I am really surprised she didn't show up at my door.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

r00tn00b posted:

I got my kids Friday and took them shopping. While we were shopping I found out that she has apparently pissed off the people she was staying with enough to have them kick her out. She hasn't spoken to anyone in her family since she was kicked out and the only thing she said when she left was that I can take care of the kids. She has abandoned the kids with me against her court order. She burned all her bridges here in Oregon so my only though is she went back to Ohio of will be heading to Texas.

I will be honest I am really surprised she didn't show up at my door.

Hey congrats dude. Just keep your head down and keep doing what you're doing.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
Make sure you get this all properly documented and go back to court and properly get custody of the kids.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Masonity posted:

Make sure you get this all properly documented and go back to court and properly get custody of the kids.

This. Get your lawyer on the line with the judge immediately, before she changes her mind and comes back spouting something about kidnapping.

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005

Liquid Communism posted:

This. Get your lawyer on the line with the judge immediately, before she changes her mind and comes back spouting something about kidnapping.

I have already started this process.

Her family is 100% on my side of this now, they spent 4 months with her and know what she is, they will go to court on my behalf.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Good on you.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

r00tn00b posted:

Her family is 100% on my side of this now, they spent 4 months with her and know what she is, they will go to court on my behalf.

This is the same family where the step dad is a lawyer, right?
cool

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005

Error 404 posted:

This is the same family where the step dad is a lawyer, right?
cool

Correct. Lawyer dad, he has been super frustrated lately and now I know why. She was looking after their dogs for a week and now they have a $6000 vet bill from injuries my wife can't or wont explain.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

r00tn00b posted:

Correct. Lawyer dad, he has been super frustrated lately and now I know why. She was looking after their dogs for a week and now they have a $6000 vet bill from injuries my wife can't or wont explain.

Holy poo poo.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

r00tn00b posted:

I am very, very glad to hear this. Thank you for looking out for your kids first and foremost.

CravingSolace
Mar 3, 2012
I feel so awful for your kids. That kind of instability can be so damaging. I'm really relieved you have them, though. Keep up with the lawyering. The best thing that woman can do is gently caress off permanently.

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005

CravingSolace posted:

I feel so awful for your kids. That kind of instability can be so damaging. I'm really relieved you have them, though. Keep up with the lawyering. The best thing that woman can do is gently caress off permanently.

They are super excited to be with me, and we are having a good time, this is a lot of poo poo though, I have to figure out school and stuff and they start in a couple weeks....

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

r00tn00b posted:

They are super excited to be with me, and we are having a good time, this is a lot of poo poo though, I have to figure out school and stuff and they start in a couple weeks....

Good job staying strong. But what she do to the dogge

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005

Darth123123 posted:

Good job staying strong. But what she do to the dogge

They don't know, it was something with some ligamates? I am not 100% sure what happened.

Minimum Syntaxing
Oct 29, 2008

He looks white, but he's the son of a black man!
It's great that things are turning your way, but holy poo poo it's sad how nuts your ex is becoming. Has her family considered sending her to like a psychiatric ward or anything?

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005
I just spoke with her family, They want me to go to 100% custody and her own mother thinks she shouldn't be allowed to be a care giver for her children. If she leaves Oregon she might never come back and that is scary to me. To think that she might actually give up her kids because she is to much of a child.

I have already contacted the police they are good with the kids staying with me since I have no place to drop them off at. tomorrow I will contact the court to get a hearing setup ASAP for child custody.

CravingSolace
Mar 3, 2012
She has to have some sort of mental issue. I can't imagine a parent just up and abandoning their children for no reason. And possibly abusing an animal.

Regardless, you're doing everything right. My heart absolutely breaks for those kids, though. :(

Gone Fission
Apr 7, 2007

We're here to make coffee metal. We're here to make everything metal.
that troll-rear end wife, drat... at least she hosed off and doesn't currently have any dependants to abuse

Chicken Doodle
May 16, 2007

r00tn00b posted:

I just spoke with her family, They want me to go to 100% custody and her own mother thinks she shouldn't be allowed to be a care giver for her children. If she leaves Oregon she might never come back and that is scary to me. To think that she might actually give up her kids because she is to much of a child.

I have already contacted the police they are good with the kids staying with me since I have no place to drop them off at. tomorrow I will contact the court to get a hearing setup ASAP for child custody.

Maybe get that poo poo in writing if you can. I'm sure that'd have a lot of sway with the court.

Good luck on your sudden reversal of fortune, man.

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005
I was just taking a shower and thinking about everything, and for a while I questioned everything that is happening as some sort of plot against me and it dawned on me that she has taken my ability to trust other people from me, here these people are looking out for the best interested of my kids, and I am second guessing their actions like they are setting me up for prison. I have always been able to trust people and for better or worse I liked that about me and now I see shadows everywhere. On top of everything shes done to my kids and me. I start the battle for custody in a few hours starting with a call to the courthouse to schedule a hearing. My best hope is that she is out of state and misses the court date and also misses her lawyer payment and has no one there to represent her. I hope that happens.

CravingSolace
Mar 3, 2012
For the sake of the kids I hope she stays away permanently.

However, she may not have necessarily broken your ability to trust people. Her parents took her side and participated in nearly stripping you of your ability to see your children. You have every reason to be distrustful. And I think you may be in survival-mode, too. This means being unsure of anything. Give it time.

Stoca Zola
Jun 28, 2008

You've lost your innocence but now you're wiser. Trust will come back with time and maybe all that has changed is that you will be a little more cautious about who you trust. That isn't necessarily a bad thing - hopefully there won't be a next time, but if there is, you are likely to see the warning signs a lot sooner. You're going to be better able to protect yourself and your kids and you will come out of this whole thing stronger.

Bill Pullman
Mar 30, 2014
From all outward appearances you're handling a very tough situation like a badass. Just keep doing what you're doing. Good luck with the hearing.

Pringleton
Jul 21, 2008
I just marathoned this thread like a Netflix binge, and holy crap am I glad I didn't pick it up till now. There were some really tense cliffhangers a while ago that would've driven me crazy. While it's obviously still not a good situation, I'm really happy things have taken a turn for the better.

OP, like Bill said, you're doing awesome. Despite some peoples claims otherwise at certain points, you've been far more reasonable and emotionally in control than anyone could expect of someone in your situation. You're ability to stay calm and focused, adapt to your new life, and make good decisions for your kids is really impressive and admirable. It sucks for a kid to lose their mom, but it's not insurmountable, and I think if you keep on as you have been, they'll turn out just fine.

Godspeed OP

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Yeah, so as I said before she isn't scheming against you, she is a literal child who can't handle problems like an adult. She is making really bad decisions and doing impulsive things like cutting and running and possibly abusing those dogs. All of her terrible life decisions are just such and instead of dealing with them she doubles down and withdraws from the anxiety and conflict just making things worse.

She is probably bipolar and in a manic phase.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Slow Motion posted:

As a man two years out of divorce and having recently unraveled some of my ex-wife's lies I have some suggestions about this, informed by my own experience.

1. There will be TONS of absolutely unforgivable betrayals that you didn't see because you didn't want to.
2. Don't look for them until you need to. This could be sooner rather than later on account of the adversarial divorce. But trust me; finding them out is going to hurt. A lot. Wait till it's useful to do so.

As a general bit of advice I want to tell you to talk openly with as many people as you can about your situation. I swear to god every street has a bar, a certain one, that is a veritable divorce bullshit support group. I can remember at mine one time. I was thinking about giving my wife the car in addition to pretty much everything else since she would 'need' it more than me. At this bar a woman that we all called "Mom" screams from the other end of the room "Don't give that bitch an inch! You'll hate yourself later!". I still love those people for all the support.

Thank you for coming out of your scorpion mural hermitage to share this and only this.

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011
Man, you sounded a bit like a creep early on but this just veered into holy poo poo what the hell is happening territory within a few updates. Sad to hear that your wife not only ditched your kids and ran away but also harmed her family's dog and abandoned responsibility for it. Kudos on getting the police involved too.

Make sure you shield your kids from this as much as possible until it's over and you can sit them down and explain it fully. They're probably old enough to realize mom left, but you don't need to have them blaming themselves for being abandoned. Is there a way you can get her family to help you house them and keep them in a stable situation for the next while? They've already been moved to a new state, but also between you and her parents place. Can't imagine the kind of disruption they're experiencing.

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005

Horrible Smutbeast posted:

Man, you sounded a bit like a creep early on but this just veered into holy poo poo what the hell is happening territory within a few updates. Sad to hear that your wife not only ditched your kids and ran away but also harmed her family's dog and abandoned responsibility for it. Kudos on getting the police involved too.

Make sure you shield your kids from this as much as possible until it's over and you can sit them down and explain it fully. They're probably old enough to realize mom left, but you don't need to have them blaming themselves for being abandoned. Is there a way you can get her family to help you house them and keep them in a stable situation for the next while? They've already been moved to a new state, but also between you and her parents place. Can't imagine the kind of disruption they're experiencing.

Her family are now being very co-operative to me. they are helping me with whatever i need right now and want the best for the kids. they are active in the kid's lives.

We are doing our best to make the impact on the kids as little as possible but they are being affected and it's obvious to anyone who meets them. I am working with my therapist and her colleague who works with their age group to get them into therapy as soon as possible.

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
drat imagine if the OP had listened to any of the advice in this thread, he would be so much worse off.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

a creepy colon posted:

drat imagine if the OP had listened to any of the advice in this thread, he would be so much worse off.

Yeah he might have *gasp* talked to a lawyer.

Oh wait.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

r00tn00b posted:

loving hell what a twist! I started reading this read today and man at one point I was watching you at your lowest and circling the drain to go even lower. But you just kept your head up and while a lot of people were calling you creepy for fantasizing about getting back with your wife, that was normal.

:( It's the saddest thing having one of your parents go AWOL.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

r00tn00b posted:

Only thing I ask is to get an update on wtf happened to the dog.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
With this sudden 180 in the situation, I'm pretty sure this is an owl creek bridge style twist, where everything's turning out for the better, but what really happened was OP's wife showed up on his street, then called the cops claiming he was harassing her, and the cops are currently taxing his nuts off while his mind created all of this as a dying vision.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005

kizudarake posted:

With this sudden 180 in the situation, I'm pretty sure this is an owl creek bridge style twist, where everything's turning out for the better, but what really happened was OP's wife showed up on his street, then called the cops claiming he was harassing her, and the cops are currently taxing his nuts off while his mind created all of this as a dying vision.

Am I posting.....From the grave?

• Locked thread