Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

goldust

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Cena/Dustin for the title would be ****1/2 and hell I'd buy a second network subscription for that one

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

are people emptyquoting out of agreement or suggesting that's a stupid opinion i can't tell

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

epitasis posted:

are people emptyquoting out of agreement or suggesting that's a stupid opinion i can't tell

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Defending the WHC on tv every week would be a really dumb idea and devalue both the belt and the PPVs imo.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Before last week's Raw, when was the last time the world title got defended on TV? It was long enough ago that Cole pointed it out, but I don't remember how long he said it was.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Benne posted:

Before last week's Raw, when was the last time the world title got defended on TV? It was long enough ago that Cole pointed it out, but I don't remember how long he said it was.

Didn't he defend it against Neville a couple of weeks ago?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Junpei Hyde posted:

Didn't he defend it against Neville a couple of weeks ago?

poo poo, you're right. So that makes it two times this year.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

epitasis posted:

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

I would rather have rotating champs every few months than watch Cena succesfully defend every week for a year.

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine

Blasmeister posted:

Defending the WHC on tv every week would be a really dumb idea and devalue both the belt and the PPVs imo.

This was the big problem with Goldberg as a champ, even as a US champ, during the streak. His gimmick is that he has a million matches and wins them all quickly, but when every fucker who never had a match on Nitro before gets a shot at the US title, when Al Green and Scott Putski get WHC title shots every week, that's weak poo poo.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
It drew though. I mean it shouldn't happen with John Cena specifically, but I don't think the "devaluation of the title" during Goldberg's run pre-taser was a real issue. If it was, then nobody would have given a poo poo during Goldberg/DDP.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

In general, fans will never get tired of watching people they love completely ruining goobers. That Goldberg stayed as over as he did despite being something like the 8th most important guy on any given Nitro after winning the World Title is a testament to how huge he was.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

super macho dude posted:

I would rather have rotating champs every few months than watch Cena succesfully defend every week for a year.

I'm kind of surprised they didn't have Cena hold the world title for several years uninterrupted ala Sammartino/Backlund/Hogan. They probably could've gotten away with it.

Now that I've said this, they'll probably have Cena break Flair's title reigns record and break Sammartino's duration record in the same reign just because.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I would rather see Cena win his 25th reign at age 40 than see Goldust wrestle ever again

goc
Mar 26, 2013

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

Mob posted:

I would rather see Cena win his 25th reign at age 40 than see Goldust wrestle ever again

This is definitely the proper thread for that opinion. Goldust pretty much saved Cody's career by being so good as a babyface that Cody got over as one by osmosis.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Goldust was easily a top-10 worker in WWE since his 2013 return.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
He's a talented guy and all, but I don't really want to see a near 50 year old in a poo poo go nowhere gimmick wrestle 1980s territory style in the year 2015

WWE/NXT aren't exactly lacking in talent. When people who might actually have a future can't get a push at all, the last thing we need is guys sticking around 10 years past their sell buy date.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Dustin still gets reactions, is still a fantastic tag-team guy, and might be the best guy of the last 30-or-so years to never get a real main-event push. It's not like he's making GBS threads up the top of the card in late-90s WCW or some poo poo.

Cody is loving terrible now so putting him back in a Rhodes Bros team might help to rehab him again.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I didn't say he was a lovely wrestler I said I'd rather get eyeball cancer than ever have to see him on TV again

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Alain Post posted:

might be the best guy of the last 30-or-so years to never get a real main-event push.

ok I think our issue is that you like this guy a looooot more than I do

so yeah if you think he's like a legend of the business then sure bring him back. To me he's a guy who found the proper level for his talent (midcarder in a dumb gimmick) and got to enjoy it for a long time. He had a good career. I don't doubt that he has the skills to be a good trainer or agent, let him do that. Just keep him off my TV.

Stardust is dumb enough, I don't need a second one. Hopefully the first one gets killed off in this celebrity match and they let Cody Rhodes have a non cartoon gimmick

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Guys, you're usually supposed to be posting terrible stupid unsupported crazy opinions from other people in this thread, not just making up your own.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

from wwesucks.com

quote:

Owen Hart's Death at the Over the Edge.
1 Name: Anonymous : 2014-12-28 22:43
Sup, we all know Owen Hart died. If you dont gently caress you, Owen Hart Fell to his Death at the Over the Edge (1999) while doing his Blue Blazer gimmick (parady of other wrestlers. he happened to be doing Stings entrance when he fell like 70 feet or so, bounced off the turnbuckle and died. which was live, no footage was shown due to 10 second delay. But Film does exist. (most likely already destroyed) I figured if anyone can find it, or atleast somthing interesting.

And a reply from my favorite poster on that site:

quote:

3 Name: BJC1990 : 2015-05-24 07:53
That was a deadly stupid stunt for anyone to do, especially when working for Vince McMahon-whore. Look this up, cause I'm not taking all night to post it. It was all a set up. Vince wanted him dead. To begin with, the staff were intentionally told to use a cable they knew was to thin too support the wight of Owen Hart's weight. Why The Hart didnt sue Vince McMahon for everything he owns, mainly WWE itself, is the real mystery. Can you imagine a WWE owned & ran by The Hart Family. Hell, it would be HQ'd in Alberta, (fkn) CAN, & Brett Hart would be too chairman. Anvil would be the COO, GM or whatever. Wow!

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'm laughing at all the lawsuits a Hart-ran mega fed would rack up.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

The Pisscast would be happy though. Considering how Bret Hart is into peeing on people most feuds would probably end with someone getting pissed on.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Vince McMahon-whore

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I wonder what the Venn diagram is between Owen truthers, Benoit truthers and people who think Montreal was a work

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Montreal was a shoot designed to look like a worked shoot. :tinfoil:

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Bret had to walk two miles down the highway after the screwjob before McMahon picked him up, telling Bret "ya gotta protect the business"

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

A Mark Henry mark posted:

Mark Henry should drop out of the singles and go for the tag division by becoming the third member of the Prime Time Players. Not only would it kick-start his revitalization, but it would help even the odds of the PTP that other groups like The New Day have over them. It’s win-win.

Yeah let's push the 44 year old that's been doing this for 20 years. New, young talent? gently caress 'em!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Marquis de Pyro posted:

ok I think our issue is that you like this guy a looooot more than I do

so yeah if you think he's like a legend of the business then sure bring him back. To me he's a guy who found the proper level for his talent (midcarder in a dumb gimmick) and got to enjoy it for a long time. He had a good career. I don't doubt that he has the skills to be a good trainer or agent, let him do that. Just keep him off my TV.

Stardust is dumb enough, I don't need a second one. Hopefully the first one gets killed off in this celebrity match and they let Cody Rhodes have a non cartoon gimmick

Dustin also had long stretches of time where he was god awful. His last run was good (though some here overrate it) but he's not someone who was always some diamond in the rough.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

ShootaBoy posted:

Yeah let's push the 44 year old that's been doing this for 20 years. New, young talent? gently caress 'em!

I agree, Mark Henry is far too old to be around noted young guys 38-year old Titus O'Neil and 35-year old Darren Young in a feud with 34-year old Kofi Kingston.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

MassRafTer posted:

Dustin also had long stretches of time where he was god awful. His last run was good (though some here overrate it) but he's not someone who was always some diamond in the rough.

I won't defend a lot of the poo poo in his original Goldust run but I always thought he was one of the best parts of the really great first half of WCW's 1994 year.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

We have TNA to credit for any remotely recent Goldust stuff anyone liked, because TNA showed Dustin 'oh my god what has my life become'.

Alternately, TNA won the long game because we indirectly have them to blame for Stardust.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

okada is 27 lol

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

epitasis posted:

okada is 27 lol

He was 22 when Tanahashi beat him and went "YOU ARE HEREBY CURSED TO GO TO TNA"

He was 23 when he returned and got his revenge.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Ricochet is only 26 :allears:

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Finn Balor is 34. Welcome to Wackyland.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Great White Hope posted:

I agree, Mark Henry is far too old to be around noted young guys 38-year old Titus O'Neil and 35-year old Darren Young in a feud with 34-year old Kofi Kingston.

I guess this is sarcasm but with how badly your body goes downhill in your late 30s, it's pretty stupid sarcasm. Mark Henry is 44 years old, has been powerlifting for the last 30 years, and wrestling for the last 20. He's injury prone and slow and plodding, and his best days are long behind him.

I mean, calling PTP "new young talent" is a stretch, but they're a lot newer and younger than Mark. Simply not walking around with 400+ pounds on your frame is going to be better for you in general.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
Mark Henry's workrate hasn't really suffered since as a 'giant' style guy he never did much anyway. He can still do 100% of the spots he ever did before.