Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Things got a little weird when Jou realized Gel was expecting.

e-Words cannot describe my hatred towards Tsubasa. Whenever she goes "I dont understand complex thing" I just grimace so loving hard.

I feel the same, but it also feels like everyone who agrees with Gel is being controlled or at least confused in some way,. None of them notice how his body is changing and during the talk at the end you never see Tsubasa's eyes whenever she's saying her 'I don't understand anything complex' stuff, which is usually a sign that those aren't her real feelings. Though all of that could still be attributed to the halo effect rather than something more direct, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I don't hate Tsubasa but she's frustrating because her opinions are basically the idiot opinions of a child because she is a dumb child.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I'd rather wait until the payoff moment of "this was all a mistake" to see how Tsubasa deals with it before outright hating her. Her heart's in the right place but she's just misguided right now.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Everything Burrito posted:

I don't hate Tsubasa but she's frustrating because her opinions are basically the idiot opinions of a child because she is a dumb child.

You have been spoiled by Hajime.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Everything Burrito posted:

I'd be more sympathetic if her beliefs didn't mirror real world not-child 'I don't care about science and sources and logic, I know what I know' people.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

chumbler posted:

You have been spoiled by Hajime.

Hajime definitely doesn't think like the average teenager, that's for sure. Looks like she's getting frustrated with Tsubasa as well. It's kinda fun watching her (Hajime) stumbling against her inability to clearly communicate any of her ideas, especially when she's interacting with Tsubasa.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Tsubasa's problem is she's a very earnest, straight-forward person who only thinks in the short term. As a team member she'd be a valuable asset, but in a leadership position she's just a liability.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

The shows been making me anxious all season and now it all seems justified. :gonk:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Bad Seafood posted:

Tsubasa's problem is she's a very earnest, straight-forward person who only thinks in the short term. As a team member she'd be a valuable asset, but in a leadership position she's just a liability.

I dont know how much of an asset she's actually been to the team though. She's openly disregarded orders and pleas from other team members and does her own thing without regard to the consequences. She tends to fully ignore what people are trying to tell her with their best intentions, she just goes "Nope this is right because look here its working"

Hajime and JJ know she's going to be instrumental to actually finding a solution to the problem, but right now she's just an rear end.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Also shout-outs to Berg-Katze for being a lovable poo poo as always. I think he's actually starting to get on Hajime's nerves.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I dont know how much of an asset she's actually been to the team though. She's openly disregarded orders and pleas from other team members and does her own thing without regard to the consequences. She tends to fully ignore what people are trying to tell her with their best intentions, she just goes "Nope this is right because look here its working"

lol so Hajime?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Pootybutt posted:

lol so Hajime?

i will fight you

but seriously in season 1 by the third episode you knew that everyone in team gatcha except for sugane were a bunch of sadbrains and she was the kick in the rear end they needed. Where as Tsubasa is...an everyman that is incredibly idiotic and the only possible way of redemption is to realize how much of a fuckup she's been.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Aug 16, 2015

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Guys you're missing the most important part of this episode

Rui got a new outfit/hairstyle! :gerty:

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Cao Ni Ma posted:

i will fight you

gatcha

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

noo too much conflict noooo

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Did Gel always have high heels? The camera lingering on them reminded me a lot of Berg-Katze at the least.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Genocyber posted:

Did Gel always have high heels? The camera lingering on them reminded me a lot of Berg-Katze at the least.

I...think so, not positive though. they definitely both have diamond motifs/markings though

Hajime isn't a fan of this.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That's the same face I've been making through the past couple of episodes.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Genocyber posted:

Adult Gel always had them, I think. Remember, Gatchaman is a series about pushing fashion boundaries.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Saluting and calling out the name of your fu-I mean leader probably isn't a good sign

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Endorph posted:

Apparently the guy is a sprite artist for this game.

Hey look at that, it's Akuma
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deEjkMpr--c&t=15s

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Genocyber posted:

Guys you're missing the most important part of this episode

Rui got a new outfit/hairstyle! :gerty:

Someone make me an avatar-sized headshot with that new hairstyle and I'll buy it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'll be honest I'm not really feeling Rui's yellow leggings.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Sakurazuka posted:

I liked them, but I think they needed a different shirt style to work.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

why isn't rui dressed as a girl in the group hug in the op???

also gently caress tsubasa

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Tsubasa represents the type of person who flounders when thinking about complex things and prefers to just shortcut beliefs via emotion rather than any sort of reasoning. Depending on the issue, it's the sort of response most people have to any sort of complex ethics or philosophy. Hajime, as cryptic as she is, seems to put a bit of thought into her actions and can generally back up her reasoning. Understanding it is a bit of an issue.

I feel bad for Sugane. He played the role of every(gatcha)man in the previous season so in this one, he's not had much to do which is a bit of a shame. Kate was good at the end though.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i like how sugane is just hanging out with hot college girls and is barely even involved in all the stuff anymore

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

This is because she's assumed a leadership position in her own mind. If you don't think she's been much of an asset, that's because so far...she hasn't. She's young, she's been chosen, and she wants to be a hero. She's also inexperienced, brash, and awkward. She can't even transform on command. She's not very useful, but she wants to be useful. She wants to be useful right now, in ways that make sense for her to be useful. When the opportunity arises, she "Takes charge" and takes it. Her reluctance to listen to her teammates probably stems less from an inability to understand and more from a refusal to discount her own meager accomplishments.

"I didn't do the right thing? How could helping people ever not be the right thing? I don't get it."

My point was she has the potential to be useful, but not in the position to which she has promoted herself.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

I feel like the gentle beasts are gonna be the people. They'll be pacified by the weird monsters Gel made and basically become like the lotus eaters. Would also fit with how Rizumu has been calling the masses apes, and mentioned how everyone will be true apes soon.

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

I'm definitely feeling them

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Also, Hajime and Katze's interaction this episode was really drat good.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
Hajime is my hero.

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

:nws: sexy yuri tsubasa x hajime scissoring :nws:

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

a kitten posted:

Also, Hajime and Katze's interaction this episode was really drat good.

Yeah, I think BK finally managed to get to Hajime when he played that trick of letting slip he knew Gel, before switching to insults.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Does this happen every time Gelsadra visits a planet?

...like, does he not remember somehow?

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."
Clearly this episode explains why Berg-Katze and Gelsadra share a diamond motif: because as a troll and general purveyor of misery, Berg-Katze decided to steal the visual motif of the single scariest motherfucker he knew of, kind of like all of the animals that mimic poisonous variants of their species.

That scene was really good, with the way everyone immediately stops and freaks out. I kind of expected OD to just immediately transform and try to kill Gelsadra out of general principle. "Berg-Katze is afraid of this guy? EVERYONE OUT OF THE UNIVERSE"

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Gatchaman is scaring me and my only consolation is Rui's new bangs :(

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Caphi posted:

I doubt it. He was surprised when the thoughts flew out of him, and if it had happened previously, he would have tried to reassure people about his change in appearance, but he ignored it.

There were just too many thoughts inside of him, so they were forced out. This is either because there are more people on this world than on previous worlds, or he didn't need to use his bubble-eating powers as much on other worlds.

Kal-L
Jan 18, 2005

Heh... Spider-man... Web searches... That's funny. I should've trademarked that one. Could've made a mint.

Caphi posted:

Maybe other planets weren't as individualistic, so he didn't have to mix everyone's emotions.

I really hope Tsubasa is under mind control, because otherwise she's the to-go example of dumb teenager that old people love to rail against.

And yeah, leaving every decision on Gel's hands is surely to end well. Why, maybe he should add another finger to his salute, and start pointing towards the bright future he will take us into! :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Aaand caught up with everything.

I'm gloomy.

e: I can totally see why so many have such strong opinions about the show now which is nice.

Terper fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Aug 16, 2015

• Locked thread