Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Junpei Hyde posted:

Also, forgot to mention.

ZORE WON

MIRACLES DO HAPPEN.

When I read that I couldn't figure out if that meant he retained the title or had actually won and had lost the title. drat Buscus rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Junpei Hyde posted:

It could have been Dash Rendar. Or even El Chad!

Well, we can rule out Dash, seeing as Zore won.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
but you see, if you cross-reference the LPFWA wikia, you'll see that Dash has actually won a number of his match--including 1v1s. clearly, he is a jobber to the stars

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Blind Sally posted:

but you see, if you cross-reference the LPFWA wikia, you'll see that Dash has actually won a number of his match--including 1v1s. clearly, he is a jobber to the stars

Dash has won twice in six appearances, one of which was a tag match. Even if we discount the one where he deliberately avoided getting into the ring, that's a lot of losing. Though, given that he jobbed for me, the title of "jobber to the stars" is technically correct. Though, is it really jobbing if it's not intentional?

(Dammit I'm trying to start a feud with the Star Wars people, let's get some heat on this!)

EDIT: By the way, concerning my new tag team with Flamander, I'll toss up the suggested name of Team Kickass, with this for our entrance music (if that video's region-blocked, it's Party Down by Reel Big Fish). Lemme know what you think, Flamander.

EclecticTastes fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Aug 16, 2015

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
I'm glad Zore actually lost the Buscus title finally, I was starting to suspect he might be cheating or something... Glad to be wrong!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I think, in light of recent events, this weekend's episode should be titled: Lethally Prevented From Watching Anime.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
15.08.2015 - Blackout God - Lethally Prevented From Watching Anime (courtesy of nine-gear crow)

As a result of the happenings of last nights show Zore will get a shot at the LPFWA Championship belt against Frederick Hope next week. And Loki will fight John Cena for the WWE Championship belt in a bonus match at WRESTLEMANIA. Yes, you heard that right. And yeah, I dunno either.
The week after next week we'll already have our next PPV. Which will somehow be anime and not anime themed at the same time???

Flamander
May 4, 2009

EclecticTastes posted:

EDIT: By the way, concerning my new tag team with Flamander, I'll toss up the suggested name of Team Kickass, with this for our entrance music (if that video's region-blocked, it's Party Down by Reel Big Fish). Lemme know what you think, Flamander.

Sounds good to me, in terms of the team name. This theme might fit the name better though.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

The current WWE champion is Seth Rollins though.

(John's probably winning it at Summerslam though)

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

Flamander posted:

Sounds good to me, in terms of the team name. This theme might fit the name better though.

We could always go with this, too. Given the copyright issues, I leave the decision up to IGgy on which to go with.

Also, that Royal Rumble owned hard.

: I saw right through Dash's ruse of hiring a hobo to wear his normal outfit while he used that stupid sombrero. And I finally got a chance to own Palpatine, though as you saw, he was not eager to face me in the ring. If only I'd stuck around long enough to teach Marek who's boss. But hey, no shame losing to Boob Marley, got so caught up in having fun with my buddy Flamander that we didn't even see him coming. Oh, yeah, and don't sweat it if you wanna book Flamander and me against each other sometime, a bit of sparring just keeps us on our toes. Win or lose, I know that match would look totally awesome, and that's why we're all there, to provide an entertaining match for the audience. My social media's already blowing up about the new tag team, my fans are super hype about it. Even I'm getting psyched for our first tag match, it's gonna be so sweet.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
You know, better be a disliked heel than a disliked face. Or something. What they fail to realize is that my clumsy fighting technique is simply planting more bugs. Soon, all the secrets of the anime clique will be mine.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

anilEhilated posted:

You know, better be a disliked heel than a disliked face. Or something. What they fail to realize is that my clumsy fighting technique is simply planting more bugs. Soon, all the secrets of the anime clique will be mine.

Uh, dude? I speak smalltext.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
What is that move called where the one guy like spins around his opponent's body and it looks like the opponent is going to make a throw but then the spinning guy makes the throw? I can't really explain it because it makes no sense to me.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Zanzibar Ham posted:

What is that move called where the one guy like spins around his opponent's body and it looks like the opponent is going to make a throw but then the spinning guy makes the throw? I can't really explain it because it makes no sense to me.

Hard to tell what you're referring to, maybe a tornado DDT?

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Junpei Hyde posted:

Hard to tell what you're referring to, maybe a tornado DDT?

Checking it, that's the one! A suicide tornado DDT from the looks of it.

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
Uh, I know you guys said this place was two thirds forgotten empty spaces and two thirds perilous deathtrap, and not to go wandering around too much, but last week I was kind of upset about my fight, so I went for a walk down one of the long dark corridors past Rath's test chamber. I found a shrine to Zore. There was a giant plastic statue in the centre, and the walls were like a garish kaleidoscope of neon.

You think that sounds bad, well... I wouldn't go in there now if I were you. If anything, all the words scrawled in blood actually make it worse. At least, I think it's blood. Might be pizza sauce. Probably better if it's pizza sauce.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

TheDarkFlame posted:

At least, I think it's blood. Might be pizza sauce. Probably better if it's pizza sauce.
Remember what lunar pizza is made from? This really isn't an either/or situation. That being said, I shall definitely look into the Cult of Eyesore.

Eeevil
Oct 28, 2010

Well obviously he didn't see it, or he'd be wearing a hardhat :colbert:
So since I lost to Private Scott that means we have to have three more matches where I beat her, right? :v:

Also, the people who wanted my first theme back get their wish, since I was only using the new theme for as long as I was champion. It didn't work as well as I was hoping as an entrance theme anyway.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
Well, I wasn't expecting to be in today's match at all, so it was good to see Walter in the ring. Even if it was only for 30 seconds. :v:

Is there anything I can do to make it easier for you to remember to fix his moveset, or are you on it?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

I'm just gonna leave this here...

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

EclecticTastes posted:

if that video's region-blocked

This is a very handy website.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Oh god Zore's finisher is a super roll up. I hope he wins the title (he won't).

Also if Loki wins the WWE title at WRESTLEMANIA does that become a title to be defended on LPFWA shows? The animes deserve more titles. Loki, beat John Cena (or Seth Rollins or whoever) in memory of your generic anime friend!

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

hey yo, check this out: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=LPFWA+%40+http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hitbox.tv%2FIGgy&iso=20150823T22&p1=37&ah=2
This is the time of this week's show. You may be able to tell that it's on Sunday. I'm probably going to be busy on Saturday. I may not be, but I probably will be. So I went ahead and pre-emptively rescheduled LPFWA to Sunday this week.

Lizard Wizard posted:

This is a very handy website.
Whether a video/song is region locked does not really matter all that much because it's random as gently caress. Whenever someone picks a song I usually go to the youtubes and see how many other uploads there are just to be safe. Sometimes it just changes randomly too. That one video with the entrances that featured a Kanye song is now available everywhere even though I didn't do anything with it. Stuff just changes sometimes.

Junpei Hyde posted:

Also if Loki wins the WWE title at WRESTLEMANIA does that become a title to be defended on LPFWA shows? The animes deserve more titles. Loki, beat John Cena (or Seth Rollins or whoever) in memory of your generic anime friend!

I was thinking of that but probably not because it all was a dream. The truth is that John Cena along with the WWE died in the great wrestling war of 2020. It was really tragic because everybody thought they were working matches. The bears and tigers they were up against were not. If only Stu Hart had still been alive at the time...

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

False. Life would never book Cena to die.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy
Jesus christ I suck at wrestling. I'm worse at it than video games.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Well, you made a pretty strong debut. I'm sure eventually you'll start kicking rear end again. I think Dash sucks more than you by the way. Maybe you should face off against each other and the loser has to fight for the Buscus.

Junpei Hyde posted:

False. Life would never book Cena to die.

That's what I thought too. For a moment it was looking like John Cena would save the day against all odds. Then a loving bear just came from behind and ripped his guts out. That bear is now the biggest heel in the business.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

IGgy IGsen posted:

That's what I thought too. For a moment it was looking like John Cena would save the day against all odds. Then a loving bear just came from behind and ripped his guts out. That bear is now the biggest heel in the business.

We call him Brock now.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Match card for this Sunday (yes, not Saturday, I'm busy Saturday)

#1 Buscus Brawl
Midnightlight (c) vs. Dash Rendar the El Chad

#2 One on One
Eclectic Tastes vs. Punchy

#3 Anime vs. Not Anime
Loki vs. Gryph Hammer (that guy's actually booked this time?)

#4 No. 1 Contender for Kawaii Title
Grim Darkflame vs. Auroa

#5 One on One
kalonZombie vs. Fruitsniffer

#6 LPFWA Championship Match!
Frederick Hope (c) vs. Zore

Non-canon Bonus Match
Loki goes to Wrestlemania and fights for their lovely title.
Loki vs. John Cena

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

IGgy IGsen posted:

Non-canon Bonus Match
Loki goes to Wrestlemania and fights for their lovely title.
Loki vs. John Cena

It's all canon in my heart.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
How are you going to get Loki to fight Eeevil? Some kind of mod?

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

Zanzibar Ham posted:

How are you going to get Loki to fight Eeevil? Some kind of mod?

In case that's not a joke: Loki isn't going to fight Eeevil. Loki's going to fight the actual John Cena.

In case that is a joke: :v:

Also, if Loki wins the belt, I want him to wake up and be all 'wow that was a crazy dream' and then look over at the other side of the bed and see the belt there. (I know you can't do that scene in-engine, but he could be talking about it to someone.) I want him to have the belt, dammit.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Yeah, he's gonna fight actual John Cena at actual Wrestlemania. Don't know which Wrestlemania yet, though. Has to be one where he had the title.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
It's too bad there isn't some easy mod to make man vs woman matchups possible. Then the El Chad could have tried to win the Kawaii belt.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

^_^: The Nation of Japanimation will be the most powerful stable the LPFWA has ever seen! With WWE champion Loki, VGCW champion Junpei and Superstar champion Punchy, we will prove the superiority of glorious Nippon!

(Oh yeah I guess Flamander or whoever gets the Pokeymanz title and we freebird the co-op titles, freebird rule best rule.)

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

IGgy IGsen posted:

Yeah, he's gonna fight actual John Cena at actual Wrestlemania. Don't know which Wrestlemania yet, though. Has to be one where he had the title.

John Cena was the defending WWE champion at Wrestlemania 22, 23, and holy poo poo I swear he was champ going into more of those but apparently that's it.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
We still need to have that flaming table match between Junpei and yours truly for the supposed honor of the Kawaii division.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
: The superior, fabulous Jojo's race shall rise again.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

anilEhilated posted:

We still need to have that flaming table match between Junpei and yours truly for the supposed honor of the Kawaii division.

There's a PPV coming up that may or may not be anime, and therefore kawaii.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Oh yeah right. Anime vs Not Anime PPV is coming next week. Forgot to mention that. We still don't know what to call it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

IGgy IGsen posted:

Oh yeah right. Anime vs Not Anime PPV is coming next week. Forgot to mention that. We still don't know what to call it.

Animania, clearly.

• Locked thread