Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Tasteful Nude
Jun 3, 2013

A cool anime hagrid pic (imagine nude pls)

Tiny Lowtax posted:

If you love this thread, let it die

Never this is the Best gbs

I lifted a weight today

I DID it was heavy (for me)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
it took me seventeen minutes, counting from the moment I lifted my first weight to when I reracked for the last time, to finish my full arm workout today. my buddy's homemade pre workout is the shiiiiiiiit

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
gonna deadlift on a saturday aww yeah

the gym is empty

gonna grunt so loud

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

which one of you guys was the guy next to me this morning supersetting squats/deads and curls between two adjacent power racks

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Feminition posted:

which one of you guys was the guy next to me this morning supersetting squats/deads and curls between two adjacent power racks

sounds like a real doer

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Were you the twink mirin my butt?

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Were you the twink mirin my butt?

ye

limeincoke
Jul 3, 2005

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
My gym has a Friday Yoga thing that I figured I'd hit up thinkin it would be a nice way to relax and get some flexability work in. Turns out "yoga" is code for "sit in squat based positions for 45 minutes straight." Lower back was dead and my leg workout today suffered so much. Could barely even make it to parallel and that was if I really tried.

Moral of the story? never do anything fitness related other than lifting. It's stupid.

No it's not "continue doing other fitness related stuff so a 50 minute yoga routine doesn't leave legs so exhausted a workout the next day suffers."

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
what size pants does everybody wear?

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
30-32 depending

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Weird loving question bro what the gently caress

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
down to 170 :confuoot:

should prolly start bulking soon, but im hesitant to light my wallet on fire just yet, theres only so much cheap chicken one can eat in a day

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Gaunab posted:

what size pants does everybody wear?

Husky elastic

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Sweats

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.
assholes with ipads occupying my machines making me use freeweights

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

ZombieParts posted:

i cant get too mad at these dorks because when i started i spent a bunch of time fiddling on my phone to look at exrx gifs and instructions to fret over my form and get over my fear of lifting things

in my defense i sat on normal benches or did cardio diring this, not chillax all over a crowded machine/rack

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed

Neurolimal posted:

in my defense i sat on normal benches

This wouldn't be such a problem if people didn't loving take benches to the smith machine across the floor and not put them back.

Also just had some post workout Johnnie Walker so :rip: "gains"

VVV: I didn't even see that and am now irl shaking with rage

The SituAsian fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Aug 16, 2015

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

ZombieParts posted:

They are doing you a favor.

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.

bamhand posted:

They are doing you a favor.

i should run over to those idiots with the free weights and wave them about menacingly and yell "DO YOU SEE WHAT YOU HAVE DONE TO ME? DO YOU SEE?@?@?"

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
freeweights own bro

I started my gym adventures doing almost exclusively weight machines but then I graduated into doing almost exclusively free weights :frogbon:

Machines are still nice for some specific isolation work but I definitely prefer my dumbbells and barbells nowadays

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Zzulu posted:

freeweights own bro

I started my gym adventures doing almost exclusively weight machines but then I graduated into doing almost exclusively free weights :frogbon:

Machines are still nice for some specific isolation work but I definitely prefer my dumbbells and barbells nowadays

All hail cable crossovers and the low row machine.

In other news, I have been on holiday in another country for two weeks, no weights, only body weight exercises and no protein shakes. Goodbye gainz.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Wait, was someone seriously complaining about having to use free weights?

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

I've been at the gym for ten minutes and have been pooping the whole time.

Can't wait to see how much weight I lost!

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
Most people have 40-500lbs of toxins in their colons.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
You're not swole unless your traps have buttocks.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Played tennis for 2 hours today after a back/core day at the gym. I am a type of physically destroyed that is often reserved for POWs and people who have been renamed "Toby"

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Booblord Zagats posted:

Played tennis for 2 hours today after a back/core day at the gym. I am a type of physically destroyed that is often reserved for POWs and people who have been renamed "Toby"

Wow

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Say Nothing posted:

You're not swole unless your traps have buttocks.

That guy looks like dogshit

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Most powerlifters do

Not all!

But Most

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Since I started drinking choco milk for recovery I've started getting cramps and heinous farts, which is weird because normal milk doesn't do that to me. Does this mean I'm not absorbing the nutrients from the choco? I don't mind the farts themselves, they are like funny jokes from my butt.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

notZaar posted:

Since I started drinking choco milk for recovery I've started getting cramps and heinous farts, which is weird because normal milk doesn't do that to me. Does this mean I'm not absorbing the nutrients from the choco? I don't mind the farts themselves, they are like funny jokes from my butt.

Any Change in the brand/fat% of milk?

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 3 years!)

had a porkchop today for lunch. it was good. it made me feel more powerful.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Booblord Zagats posted:

Any Change in the brand/fat% of milk?

Well it's 1% choco and I usually have 2% milk.

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

keep dropping into the hole :(

also descend too rapidly to the bottom of the squat

monny
Oct 20, 2008

dollar dollar bill, y'all
You can use a little bounce at the bottom as long as you're in control of the lift and aren't losing tension in your back

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I wanna buy rack and poo poo for my garage, any brands that are good buys off Craigslist or should I just buy anything that doesn't look like poo poo?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Build your own rack using square cut logs and 2x8s.

Meadowhill
Jan 5, 2015
Why has every teenage girl in my gym decided that hip thrusts are the best use for a barbell. God drat. They even stuff a pillow under the barbell so they can stand the iron.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

notZaar posted:

Build your own rack using square cut logs and 2x8s.

Not a bad idea but it would probably cost as much as some cl junk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Meadowhill posted:

Why has every teenage girl in my gym decided that hip thrusts are the best use for a barbell. God drat. They even stuff a pillow under the barbell so they can stand the iron.

more women should do barbell hipthrusts

• Locked thread