Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

how weird to hear a not pissed-off Jack :v:

Definitely considering playing female protag on my first run because of Courtenay Taylor instead of a male. Not that the other voice actor is bad or anything, but she has that extra touch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

If she yells "I will destroy you!" at any point, it'll be worth it.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

7c Nickel posted:

This interview with the voice of the Female Protagonist and Voice Director is actually pretty good and has some interesting details.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tA-wsVrO2fo

:agreed: I'm always interested in voicework and audio stuff, but it's cool that they went with the idea of: "Let's have the two protagonists be the closest to an actual person, as opposed to caricatures you usually come across the wasteland."

Still, doubt the writing will be anything more than standard black/white Bethesda...but at least there's less fear of all the PC quips getting annoying far too quick.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

frajaq posted:

how weird to hear a not pissed-off Jack :v:

Definitely considering playing female protag on my first run because of Courtenay Taylor instead of a male. Not that the other voice actor is bad or anything, but she has that extra touch

CrazyLoon posted:

:agreed: I'm always interested in voicework and audio stuff, but it's cool that they went with the idea of: "Let's have the two protagonists be the closest to an actual person, as opposed to caricatures you usually come across the wasteland."

Still, doubt the writing will be anything more than standard black/white Bethesda...but at least there's less fear of all the PC quips getting annoying far too quick.

I honestly think that this Kal-El Bogdanove guy is a really interesting (and really brave) choice for the male VA. You've got Taylor's husky phone-sex voice--there's this acerbic moistness to her words that never seems to let up. I want to tell her that "I'd like to know more" over and over.

Then you've got Bogdanove's meandering accountant, which has the quality of somebody's voice momentarily changing and they need to clear their throat to "reset" it but they keep talking. It's very unexpected and magnetic.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Agreed, he was also the voice director for Aliens: Colonial Marines and Captain America: Super Soldier so I expect good things from him

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Then you've got Bogdanove's meandering accountant, which has the quality of somebody's voice momentarily changing and they need to clear their throat to "reset" it but they keep talking. It's very unexpected and magnetic.

It reminds me of when I first saw Stephen Dilliane playing Stannis in the second season of GoT and just looking at him I was like: "Huh...this guy is the 'utterly without mercy' battle commander? He looks like an accountant from a modern-day cubicle."

But when he gets to work on acting and by the end of season 2...yea, you can't imagine anyone else being more perfect.

EDIT: Ah okay...voice director...still, point stands about VAing.

CrazyLoon fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Aug 15, 2015

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

CrazyLoon posted:

It reminds me of when I first saw Stephen Dilliane playing Stannis in the second season of GoT and just looking at him I was like: "Huh...this guy is the 'utterly without mercy' battle commander? He looks like an accountant from a modern-day cubicle."

But when he gets to work on acting and by the end of season 2...yea, you can't imagine anyone else being more perfect.

Him coming off as a boring accountant type was fully in keeping with the character and probably what he was going for. The whole situation with him and his brother in the beginning of the second season is because he lacks the sort of charisma and inspirational presence expected in a leader.

frajaq posted:

Agreed, he was also the voice director for Aliens: Colonial Marines and Captain America: Super Soldier so I expect good things from him

I'm not terribly concerned by that considering voice acting was probably not the reason why those games were bad.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

JANE FALLOUT: [battling a super mutant with her epically win cyberlaserpowermusket] You remind me of my ex!

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

This is cool/crazy
http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/fallout-4-weapons-modder/

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

7c Nickel posted:

This interview with the voice of the Female Protagonist and Voice Director is actually pretty good and has some interesting details.

If anything it's notable just for being the first time anyone on the production team has even acknowledged that New Vegas exists.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

Hi, your seven-year trial period for the Something Awful forums has concluded and we unfortunately have decided not to move ahead with your membership. Best luck in your future internet travels.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

7c Nickel posted:

This was a pretty good interview.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

JANE FALLOUT: [battling a super mutant with her epically win cyberlaserpowermusket] You remind me of my ex!

Oh come on, it isn't Two Worlds.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

I can't wait to hear all the insanely hilarious nods Bethesda's genius writers have cooked up to Courtenay Taylor's previous roles... And get some of that sweet polygonal romance I play video games for! :razz:

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
You put the smiley on the end like you are being ironic, but you aren't and everyone knows it.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
She sounds like she needs to clear her throat really bad but won't, or like she smokes a pack or two a day, and it annoys the heck out of me.

She sounds more normal as the interview goes on at least.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
She sounds kinda like lunch lady doris.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

SRM posted:

Oh come on, it isn't Two Worlds.

*attacked by bears*
"More bandits!"

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
Yao Guai: smarter than your average bear bandit.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Day one penis mods, here I come!

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Day one penis mods, here I come!

I honestly expected nude mods to come out first.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Doesn't stuff like that requires Creation Kit tho?

sout
Apr 24, 2014

frajaq posted:

I think FNV had a nude mod within a week

Rabidredneck
Oct 30, 2010

Not pleasant when angered.
You can be sure that boobies will be modded in pretty drat quick.

That mod story, while interesting, has been mentioned before in this thread, though you'd have to dig back pretty early to find it. That's what is so drat frustrating about this game, there is no new information being released, any news i've seen in the past few weeks is just rehashed stuff. IGN had a couple videos supposedly about the crafting system and "freedom of choice", but they were literally just 2 minutes of talking about nothing. That leaked video is at least something, but since the screen is obscured by shoulders the majority of the video blocking out everything that's making the audience yell in glee, IT STILL TELLS US NOTHING.

It may be cool to go into this game blind, and just discovering everything as you play, but I'd like to have SOMETHING new pop up, some interesting news or demo that'll get some discussions going.

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

frajaq posted:

I assume modders are making assets right now that will (ideally) be quickly imported and converted when the proper tools become available.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Lol if you don't think a mod removing everyone's underwear and pants won't be in by day two. Fully modelled and textured dicks are being worked on as we speak

sout
Apr 24, 2014

In the frustrating few hours between release and nude mods, feel free to tape a picture of a butt to the centre of your screen and play in third person

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Bob NewSCART posted:

Lol if you don't think a mod removing everyone's underwear and pants won't be in by day two. Fully modelled and textured dicks are being worked on as we speak

Mm, I'll say they are.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

frajaq posted:

The first mods will be your basic texture & sound replaces, which require no special tools.
Next up will be mesh replacers. Since I really doubt Bethesda is going to move away from the nif format, that won't require fancy new tools.

Anything more advanced then that will require toolset level tools. I expect people to adapt programs developed for Skyrim to FO4 fairly quickly though, so we probably won't have to wait the several months until the toolset is released.
Though hopefully we can avoid problems like SkyEdit.

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Aug 16, 2015

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.

Rabidredneck posted:

You can be sure that boobies will be modded in pretty drat quick.

That mod story, while interesting, has been mentioned before in this thread, though you'd have to dig back pretty early to find it. That's what is so drat frustrating about this game, there is no new information being released, any news i've seen in the past few weeks is just rehashed stuff. IGN had a couple videos supposedly about the crafting system and "freedom of choice", but they were literally just 2 minutes of talking about nothing. That leaked video is at least something, but since the screen is obscured by shoulders the majority of the video blocking out everything that's making the audience yell in glee, IT STILL TELLS US NOTHING.

It may be cool to go into this game blind, and just discovering everything as you play, but I'd like to have SOMETHING new pop up, some interesting news or demo that'll get some discussions going.

In the voice actor interview video they mentioned that there is new information coming "in the next few weeks" so there could be more on the way? The interview was posted Aug 13 but who knows when it was actually recorded.

Still, it's the middle of summer and things are generally slow. I suspect they'll be releasing more information and details after Labour Day and as we get closer to the fall and release date. Though honestly I don't want to know everything there is to know about the game by the time it comes out; I'd rather be playing it and finding things for myself.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Bob NewSCART posted:

Honestly, almost no digital dicks or breasts are "built" in the classical sense of the word any more. You're not going to see somebody beholding Jack Fallout's nude form and asking himself, How can I shape him? What program should I use to build his penis? Nobody asks those questions.

The reality is that, at this point, we've got the "answers" to questions that haven't even been asked yet. An entire cottage industry has been churning out dicks and tits and twats for over a decade--a majority of which don't even end up being used on a character model. You've got a guy, he's been building dicks for years now. Big dicks, small dicks, blue dicks, dog dicks, alien dicks...but his website is just a single "booth" in a crowded market. He lays his dicks out like crates of cucumbers and, with a wave of his hand, seems to say, "Here are my humble wares. Take your time."

Nowadays, somebody with less than ten minutes of experience in NifScope or Blender can pick a dick off of the shelf and bolt it on their Liara or Master Chief. You don't even need to plan ahead anymore. The whole thing is loveless and joyless like buying a Honda Civic when people still seem to think the question is "what shape should my car be?"

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Aug 16, 2015

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
That's a lot of words about dicks you could have not written to save time for making the dicks.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Boogaleeboo posted:

That's a lot of words about dicks you could have not written to save time for making the dicks.

He's like SMG but with dicks.

Which automatically makes him a better person.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Boogaleeboo posted:

You can't spend every waking hour making dicks. That's unreasonable. The best artists are those who take the time to talk about the art.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

The reality is that, at this point, we've got the "answers" to questions that haven't even been asked yet. An entire cottage industry has been churning out dicks and tits and twats for over a decade...[/i]"

Clearly then, balls with jiggle physics are the final frontier.

CrazyLoon fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Aug 16, 2015

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

*John Fallout walks into an alley. He looks around to make sure he isn't being followed.*

"Hey man, do you have any alien dicks?"

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

He's like SMG but with dicks.entertaining and interesting.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

What're ya buyin? ;) ;) ;)

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Dandywalken posted:

What're ya buyin? ;) ;) ;)

human horn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

CrazyLoon posted:

Clearly then, balls with jiggle physics are the final frontier.

scary thing is you may be right...

• Locked thread