Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Zephyrine posted:

Light the batFlanders signal this might be a job for :ullerrm:

Why can't these two windows agree on the warp speed of a Rorqual?

I'm going to guess that the fitting screen applies your skills while the other one doesn't? But I'm probably wrong.

Or CCP didn't properly update one of the windows?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Dalael posted:

I'm going to guess that the fitting screen applies your skills while the other one doesn't? But I'm probably wrong.

Or CCP didn't properly update one of the windows?

The fitting screen generally applies all bonuses that are current and active at the time it is opened, but that can occasionally mean that a lot of stuff isn't applied properly, most notably when you're docked. The only way for that difference to occur (assuming it's the same fit), is if the fitting screen failed to take into account an Ascendancy set for some reason.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Tippis posted:

The fitting screen generally applies all bonuses that are current and active at the time it is opened, but that can occasionally mean that a lot of stuff isn't applied properly, most notably when you're docked. The only way for that difference to occur (assuming it's the same fit), is if the fitting screen failed to take into account an Ascendancy set for some reason.

Would that set double the warp speed?

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Dalael posted:

Would that set double the warp speed?

Double seems a bit high, yes, and I can't be arsed to break out the calculator…

But yes, it's the 3.0 value that is off, if anything. I'm trying to remember if there's a leadership/fleet bonus way of getting the warp speed up but I'm drawing a blank.

Tippis fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Aug 16, 2015

uh zip zoom
May 28, 2003

Sensitive Thugs Need Hugs

CashEnsign posted:

comments are closed inaccessible

Yeah I just fixed that a couple hours ago, they should work now. Please watch my show, by the way…

TimNeilson
Dec 21, 2008

Hahaha!

Tippis posted:

Double seems a bit high, yes, and I can't be arsed to break out the calculator…

But yes, it's the 3.0 value that is off, if anything. I'm trying to remember if there's a leadership/fleet bonus way of getting the warp speed up but I'm drawing a blank.

There is not.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Zephyrine posted:

Light the batFlanders signal this might be a job for :ullerrm:

Why can't these two windows agree on the warp speed of a Rorqual?

(station)

(space)

I can't repro. When I show-info on a packaged Rorqual, I see 1.5 AU/s, which is the base-speed.

Were you, perhaps, show-infoing on the Rorq while you were piloting it? Do you have WS- or Ascendancy implants fitted?

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Unrelated. Groon tourney types: You had the Oneiros webbed when the Vindi died, why would you not primary it?! :eng99: Calling the Bhaal as the next pirmary is what cost you the match, I think.

TimNeilson
Dec 21, 2008

Hahaha!

ullerrm posted:

Unrelated. Groon tourney types: You had the Oneiros webbed when the Vindi died, why would you not primary it?! :eng99: Calling the Bhaal as the next pirmary is what cost you the match, I think.

watch this, you'll see what happened: https://null-sec.com/atxiii/#/replay/18/0

e: alternately you can poke me in jabber for a detailed explanation of what went wrong

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
seeing a cyno fit to a cap reminds me of one of the first times I remote connected to Gommel's desktop. He was Thanatos ratting, and just put another window over the client. Theta must take care of business, because he didn't think anything of it. I had to tell him, "um... I think you should put that away." :stare:

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Ah, okay, makes more sense. I'll be honest, though, I don't like the Phoons back there.

e: Using Awful on my phone atm, I might poke you in jabber when I get back to my PC

ullerrm fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Aug 16, 2015

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK

Delta Echo posted:

seeing a cyno fit to a cap reminds me of one of the first times I remote connected to Gommel's desktop. He was Thanatos ratting, and just put another window over the client. Theta must take care of business, because he didn't think anything of it. I had to tell him, "um... I think you should put that away." :stare:

Also nobody serious comes by that part of Dek anymore. He should be ashamed of using a Thanatos, though.

uh zip zoom
May 28, 2003

Delta Echo posted:

The fact that I was Thanatos ratting should've been your first clue that something was wrong with me

E: f;b

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
My main thought afterwards regarding that incident was, "hmm. maybe I should Thanatos rat with Theta."

uh zip zoom
May 28, 2003

Delta Echo posted:

My main thought afterwards regarding that incident was, "hmm. maybe I should Thanatos rat with Theta."

I wasn't ratting… I was bait… Yeah, that's it.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"Our referees allowed a team to have an illegal warp for their AT match, which they coincidentally won. We're not going to reverse this result despite an advantage being given to a team because we forgot to enforce the tournament rules." - :ccp:

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=440836

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Aug 16, 2015

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Unfunny Poster posted:

"Our referees allowed a team to have an illegal warp for their AT match, which they coincidentally won. We're not going to reverse this result despite an advantage being given to a team because we forgot to enforce the tournament rules." - :ccp:

They're consistent.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
And also:

Reagalan posted:

• Fozziesov is far more boring than Dominion sov, objectively takes longer than Dominion sov to effect change, with no way to leverage wealth or numbers to speed up the process. Dominion sov could be hammered out with a handful of caps.
  • The system actively discourages fighting because of the concept of a fleet-in-being. Any force which splits its numbers in the face of opposition loses its ability to fight an otherwise equal-sized force, with the split force losing multiple small fights to the coherent force. Therefore, not fighting at all is favored over fighting. This also encourages the use of risk-averse tactics like trollceptors.
  • Attackers need only commit a paltry asset to threaten and take sov. It's easy as gently caress to take, so much that anyone can take it. Dominion sov required at least a commitment of effort that spanned multiple disciplines, including logistics, organization, and diplomacy, all of which are now rendered far less valuable. There is no longer a "your group must be at least this -not poo poo- to hold space" bar to reach. Therefore, sovereignty has lost much of it's prestige and exclusivity as an endgame activity.
  • The vast amounts of effort that has been spent on training for and acquiring capital ships has been shat upon. Your guns are no longer the means by which sov is determined, rather, it is now whoever has more autism.
  • Fozziesov wasn't needed anyway. It was a solution looking for a problem, because the problem was not the sov system. The problem of Eve's stagnation was, and remains, the concentration of wealth and power in the form of supercaps and titans. Iteration on the Dominion sov system (like ADM affecting structure resists), along with game mechanics changes and significant changes to supers and titans would have solved the stagnation issue without the enormous collateral damage we have seen.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
I was in Moist dotte back in '12. I saw on their team captain/ CEO's facebook a screenshot of a member of the opposite team warped in to their staging location. The other team knew their ship comp.

This was after the match where Moist bait tanked their logi cruiser and used a T3 with remote repairs as a gimmick to win their match.

The tinfoil interpretation is that CCP didn't want some upstart wild card to make it any further in the AT.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
The realist interpretation is CCP is staffed by monkeys.

Also, no, Moist is not some PVP powerhouse, just a spacerich wormhole organization.

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

quote:

it is now whoever has more autism

why is this acceptable

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

Unfunny Poster posted:

So I didn't watch the match nor do I know the exact configurations of the players, but what do you expect them to do? Unless they can prove one side was cheating, it's just punishing a team to redo the match for a failure of something neither one is responsible for. Even if they did do a rematch you either have to have them use the same load out, and thus giving whoever had the better counter to the other an unfair advantage because now they know how the other team will respond, or break the rules even further to allow them to pull new designs/load outs. And you've already established standings and future matches based on this match.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

ScreamingLlama posted:

why is this acceptable

Goons won Eve by poopsocking timers with DBRB, why do you doubt this?

Or are you protesting the use of 'autism?'

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

nessin posted:

So I didn't watch the match nor do I know the exact configurations of the players, but what do you expect them to do? Unless they can prove one side was cheating, it's just punishing a team to redo the match for a failure of something neither one is responsible for. Even if they did do a rematch you either have to have them use the same load out, and thus giving whoever had the better counter to the other an unfair advantage because now they know how the other team will respond, or break the rules even further to allow them to pull new designs/load outs. And you've already established standings and future matches based on this match.

Good thing I'm not saying they should have a rematch then.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

CashEnsign posted:

If the latter, lol shutup nerd.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
It's cruel because autists don't get the humor.

but that's also why it's funny

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

nessin posted:

They can prove that one side was cheating, though: the rules state that you may not warp in further than 50 km from the arena's central beacon, and the Together We Solo team chose to warp in at 100. They unequivocally broke one of the rules. It's bad that CCP failed to pick up on it, but the initial fault lies with Together We Solo, not CCP or anybody else.

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

CashEnsign posted:

The latter.

Syndic Thrass posted:

If the latter, lol shutup nerd.

Go gently caress yourself.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

please be wary of triggering those w/the tism

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

ScreamingLlama posted:

The latter.

yeah, tell that normie.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Delta Echo posted:

yeah, tell that normie.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

ScreamingLlama posted:

The latter.

Get thicker skin.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LemonDrizzle posted:

They can prove that one side was cheating, though: the rules state that you may not warp in further than 50 km from the arena's central beacon, and the Together We Solo team chose to warp in at 100. They unequivocally broke one of the rules. It's bad that CCP failed to pick up on it, but the initial fault lies with Together We Solo, not CCP or anybody else.

Yeah, the onus is on TWS to know the rules. It's also CCP's whole job as part of running the tournament to enforce the rules they created for the tournament.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Aug 16, 2015

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

ScreamingLlama posted:

why is this acceptable

Autism was used as tongue in cheek shorthand for describing the need for a person to enjoy random inane repetitive timesinks like capturing nodes in the new sov system. It is understood the person is not writing hate speech against autists.

The version you would prefer would go something like

The vast amounts of effort that has been spent on training for and acquiring capital ships has been shat upon. Your guns are no longer the means by which sov is determined, rather, it is now whoever has a higher tolerance for random inane repetitive timesinks.

So relax. It's not a personal attack, and no one knows knew you have autism.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
At last. I got a PM on the goonfleet forums from some guy in Karmafleet complaining about my sig :laugh:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

-Troika- posted:

At last. I got a PM on the goonfleet forums from some guy in Karmafleet complaining about my sig :laugh:

What is your sig?

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
I see now why they wanted to nerf NS-> C5 connections. It was for the protection of nullsec entities from those dastardly towers.

https://zkillboard.com/kill/48498010/

Morkfang
Dec 9, 2009

I'm awesome.
:smug:

ScreamingLlama posted:

The latter.

no u

Speked
Dec 13, 2011

LTA Represent !!

-Troika- posted:

Let's see the sig baby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

ScreamingLlama posted:

why is this acceptable

Certain levels of play in EVE:Online are a better screening process for autism than the actual NIMH Autism Spectrum.

• Locked thread