Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Ka0 posted:

I'm scared of searching for fanart

fear is the mind killer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

RentACop posted:

fear is the mind killer

Kycilia gotta get her poo poo from somewhere.

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

Keep this up G'Bert, and soon you won't have a pigeon to protect!

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Kamille? that sounds like a giiiiiirrrrlllls naaaaaammmme!?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Remember Me Kamille? When I Killed Your Mother I Talked JUST..LIKE..THIIIISSSS!!!

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

I've been looking for this :allears:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

I'm rewatching CCA and I am Unreasonably Upset at the shot near the beginning when a hizak (or whatever) flies past a shuttle and two guys on the outside of it get blown off by the... wind? in space?

please improve the scientific accuracy of this space fantasy toy anime plz

E; wait wtf was i thinking the answer is obviously minovsky particles

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
It's weird how there's so little MSVs for the Zeta-ZZ-era compared to the OYW-era. Most of them are Zeta Gundam variants, Hyaku-Shiki versions, and the stuff from Sentinel, along with the occasional attempt to write Amuro out of the Dijeh. There's also Advance of Zeta, but the less said about its completely bonkers designs, the better.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

closeted republican posted:

There's also Advance of Zeta, but the less more said about its beautiful, completely bonkers designs, the better.

:colbert:

(Goddammit Bandai, just one MG Woundwort or Hyzenthlay II-Rah, come on.)

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

Enourmo posted:

I'm rewatching CCA and I am Unreasonably Upset at the shot near the beginning when a hizak (or whatever) flies past a shuttle and two guys on the outside of it get blown off by the... wind? in space?

please improve the scientific accuracy of this space fantasy toy anime plz

E; wait wtf was i thinking the answer is obviously minovsky particles

how about the extremely high volume of exhaust gases from the mobile suit's thrusters

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

:colbert:

(Goddammit Bandai, just one MG Woundwort or Hyzenthlay II-Rah, come on.)

Every Advance of Zeta design just looks massively overcomplicated for no reason.

The Hyzenthlay Rah-II(actually a different suit than the Hzenthlay II-Rah, stupidly enough), a unit which looks like a Gundam mk2 fell into a dumpster full of extra gigantic SEED backpacks and staggered out drunkenly after the fact.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Design Gundams or just slack about in the back office of NotSpaceMcDonalds and player poker whilst the AUEG watch the front?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Kanos posted:

Every Advance of Zeta design just looks massively overcomplicated for no reason.

The Hyzenthlay Rah-II(actually a different suit than the Hzenthlay II-Rah, stupidly enough), a unit which looks like a Gundam mk2 fell into a dumpster full of extra gigantic SEED backpacks and staggered out drunkenly after the fact.

I know, it's beautiful.

And then there's all the giant robots piloting giant robots that AoZ had. :swoon:

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Kanos posted:

The Hyzenthlay Rah-II(actually a different suit than the Hzenthlay II-Rah,

Is it named after the rabbit?

edit: Yes

edit: There's a whole set of them :psyduck:

The Chad Jihad fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Aug 17, 2015

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

RentACop posted:

Is it named after the rabbit?

Yes. All the mobile suits in Advance of Zeta are named after rabbits

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Kanos posted:

They are just trying to follow canon, since ZZ and FAZZ are also like that.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
FA ZZ actually takes a lot of steps to simplify ZZ's design. :ssh:

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

BlitzBlast posted:

FA ZZ actually takes a lot of steps to simplify ZZ's design. :ssh:

Oh sure but it still has a boatload of poo poo mounted on it. FAZZ kills the combination system right?

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
Excuse me, do you know where Saiyans hang out?
If you're going to shorten the Full Armor Double Zeta's name, you should do it with the space, because there's another mobile suit that's just called the FAZZ. Thanks, Bandai!

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

DamnGlitch posted:

Oh sure but it still has a boatload of poo poo mounted on it. FAZZ kills the combination system right?

The FA ZZ should theoretically still be able to decombine, it just can't transform so it'd just be a torso and a waist.

Now the FAZZ straight up can't decombine at all.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Son Ryo posted:

If you're going to shorten the Full Armor Double Zeta's name, you should do it with the space, because there's another mobile suit that's just called the FAZZ. Thanks, Bandai!

more like badnai

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

BlitzBlast posted:

The FA ZZ should theoretically still be able to decombine, it just can't transform so it'd just be a torso and a waist.

Now the FAZZ straight up can't decombine at all.
I thought I was the only one asinine enough to make sure people knew the difference between FAZZ and FA ZZ

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

the real question is how many people at anaheim knew the difference?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

muike posted:

I thought I was the only one asinine enough to make sure people knew the difference between FAZZ and FA ZZ

You understimate how much I like the FA ZZ.

Also I actually checked, and on the MG at least the torso armor is directly attached to the waist armor. So no, it can't decombine either. Though at the same time it really couldn't be that hard to make that segment alone detachable.

Oh well, FA ZZ showed up for literally one episode in the actual ZZ so who cares.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

DamnGlitch posted:

They are just trying to follow canon, since ZZ and FAZZ are also like that.

The ZZ is explicitly a big pile of poo poo that only accomplishes anything at all in its series because it has an insanely powerful newtype in it. It literally falls apart under kinetic impacts and drains its entire energy capacity firing its main weapon once. When it fires its main weapon a single time at maximum power output it melts its own opticals beyond repair. (I love the ZZ :allears:)

The AoZ units are supposed to be "cool" in the same way stuff like the various MSV suits from SEED are supposed to be cool, but they end up so goddamn busy that they blur into a mess of pointy thrusters and gun barrels.

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

an msv that doesn't make you wonder why it was a mobile suit in the first place is a wasted msv

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Ernie Muppari posted:

an msv that doesn't make you wonder why it was a mobile suit in the first place is a wasted msv

There are several MSVs that make sense, like the Sinanju Stein, ..erm...the Zaku 1 Sniper, perhaps the Act Zaku(???), and...hmmm...the Aqua GM? Maybe.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

There's plenty of MSVs that make sense, or add a little bit more to the setting. Even AGE had some neat MSVs, like the one that replaced the last gundam that was covered with sword funnels with one that was just covered in armed drones. And this thing:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Red Bones posted:

There's plenty of MSVs that make sense, or add a little bit more to the setting. Even AGE had some neat MSVs, like the one that replaced the last gundam that was covered with sword funnels with one that was just covered in armed drones. And this thing:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I realize that comparison makes no sense.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I hope the Killer Lemon made it into SRW BX.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Kanos posted:

The ZZ is explicitly a big pile of poo poo that only accomplishes anything at all in its series because it has an insanely powerful newtype in it. It literally falls apart under kinetic impacts and drains its entire energy capacity firing its main weapon once. When it fires its main weapon a single time at maximum power output it melts its own opticals beyond repair. (I love the ZZ :allears:)

This is true, ZZ was explicitly designed to be a big show off for the Federation brass "Look! Look at all this poo poo we can make. Core fighters? We can do 3! You want a massive cannon? Right in the suit! Transformation? A whole fortress!

Every last bit of technology they could shove into it they did. So on the whole it's actually fragile and imbalanced as gently caress. And in the end the Federation STILL wanted the Z mass produced instead.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
And they ended up with an MP Methuss...

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
As far as MSV go, I really like the late UC ones. Zanspine is my jam.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

The funniest thing about the ZZ remains the fact it has this massive backstory and clusterfuck of a development chain that isn't in the show at all. Like I actually read up on the whole FA ZZ mess before watching, and not once does the ZZ ever actually split up from getting punched too hard. In fact, the upgrade to the Enhanced ZZ supposedly happens on screen, very early, but is never even mentioned! All it actually does all show long is just kick rear end because Judau is amazing. Like, that dude turned getting bombs strapped to him into a viable strategy for assaulting a fleet.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

muike posted:

how about the extremely high volume of exhaust gases from the mobile suit's thrusters

no they got blown forward in the same direction the MS was flying, not backward like if it was from exhaust

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

BlitzBlast posted:

The funniest thing about the ZZ remains the fact it has this massive backstory and clusterfuck of a development chain that isn't in the show at all. Like I actually read up on the whole FA ZZ mess before watching, and not once does the ZZ ever actually split up from getting punched too hard. In fact, the upgrade to the Enhanced ZZ supposedly happens on screen, very early, but is never even mentioned! All it actually does all show long is just kick rear end because Judau is amazing. Like, that dude turned getting bombs strapped to him into a viable strategy for assaulting a fleet.

The Enhanced ZZ is almost visually identical(the backpack is slightly different) and most of the changes in the Enhanced package are structural so it's pretty much a visual wash.

But yeah Judau is a ridiculous beast of a pilot and it's made even more abundantly clear when poo poo happens like Beecha jacking the ZZ because he assumes anyone could wreck face in a prototype Gundam and then gets his rear end beat despite being an otherwise fairly competent pilot.

e: and before anyone shits their pants about me giving Beecha a compliment, credit where credit is due, dude managed to take the massively out of date Hyaku Shiki into combat multiple times against top of the line Neo Zeon suits piloted by veterans and not die, so while he might be a loving rear end in a top hat he's pretty okay as far as piloting goes.

Kanos fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Aug 18, 2015

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Kanos posted:

The Enhanced ZZ is almost visually identical(the backpack is slightly different) and most of the changes in the Enhanced package are structural so it's pretty much a visual wash.

But yeah Judau is a ridiculous beast of a pilot and it's made even more abundantly clear when poo poo happens like Beecha jacking the ZZ because he assumes anyone could wreck face in a prototype Gundam and then gets his rear end beat despite being an otherwise fairly competent pilot.

e: and before anyone shits their pants about me giving Beecha a compliment, credit where credit is due, dude managed to take the massively out of date Hyaku Shiki into combat multiple times against top of the line Neo Zeon suits piloted by veterans and not die, so while he might be a loving rear end in a top hat he's pretty okay as far as piloting goes.

Elle is better because her preferred suit is the Gundam Mark II, which is horribly out of date by Gundam TV show standards during ZZ, and kicks a lot of rear end with it. :colbert:

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

If we're going to be honest, wasn't a lot of the Gundam Team's success due to Neo Zeon's forces being the literal bottom of the barrel?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Well, the Gundam team had absurd success considering what they were up against. They had... what, four mobile suits, two of which were very outdated, vs 1.5 entire armies with little in the way of support.

• Locked thread