Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"

He's not wrong. That's right, I went there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I'm supposed to eat pizza with my hand while wearing a loving $6000 suit? Come on!

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I like the crust part of pizzas (assuming its soft), gotta get dem carbs.

However I can understand that the Trump prefers maximum comfort, and can achieve mutual disagreement on this hot and ready political topic

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
What are Biden's chances if he jumps into this? A Trump/Biden race would shake the pillars of heaven.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Oh holy poo poo it's an actual youtube video and not some mockup JPEG with a title made to make other forums users chortle to themselves

Montasque posted:

What are Biden's chances if he jumps into this? A Trump/Biden race would shake the pillars of heaven.

Zero. Joe Biden is a fictional character created by The Onion.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

i was watching trump earlier and realized mid speech i was enthusiastically nodding in agreement, which is when i came to the conclusion that donald trump is the american hitler and i will join his SS

:monocle: So it's not just me?!?!? Thank God!

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

i was watching trump earlier and realized mid speech i was enthusiastically nodding in agreement, which is when i came to the conclusion that donald trump is the american hitler and i will join his SS

But it is all right, everything is all right, the struggle is finished. We have won the victory over ourselves. We love the Trump.

GlyphGryph fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Aug 16, 2015

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
I bet Trump's favorite magic girl is Sayaka

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

I've watched multiple 60 minute long Trump videos and I've never lasted more than 5 minutes into any other politician's speeches.

Donald Trump has an amazing ability to make people listen to his circus show, and I'm honestly convinced there's a very good chance he's gonna win the GOP nomination and win the presidency. The infrastructure improvements will be nice, it's just too bad he's a racist rear end in a top hat who is gonna jump at the chance to "make America great again" by bombing the poo poo out of Tehran.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

wow... maybe hes right..... about everything

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Nintendo Kid posted:

Yes, that's what a so called "constitutional convention" is.

And yeah it's never happened because there's no conceivable change that the Congress couldn't get 2/3 support for, but 3/4 of the states would be down with. It was a nice idea by the drafters of the Constitution, and may have made more sense in like 1789, but it was just unnecessary soon after.

It nearly happened in the 1910s over the Direct Election of Senators amendment, something sitting Senators who liked not having to run statewide were pretty reluctant about. And yeah, Congress ended up caving rather than letting the con-con happen.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Patter Song posted:

It nearly happened in the 1910s over the Direct Election of Senators amendment, something sitting Senators who liked not having to run statewide were pretty reluctant about. And yeah, Congress ended up caving rather than letting the con-con happen.

I'm pretty much done ever assuming Team Rocket's Congress is going to do the right thing in the end.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Would also have accepted "That suit was worth a lot of money. A ton of money. More money than anyone else in this election could raise. You think I would get pizza sauce on it? Cheese grease? Only a moron wouldn't use a fork and knife. At least I didn't use chopsticks like the Japanese. Have you seen this? I see more people everyday using chopsticks! I went over to China last month. Good people the Chinese. Pay me lots of money to stay in my hotels and golf on my courses. Terrible air. Terrible. See now Iran they are after nukes. You think I would allow Iran to get nuclear weapons? Think again. I'm too cunning. Lee Iacocca would be the guy I put in charge of that. He wrote a book that was a top seller. I did too. Huge numbers. We are both smart, cunning, intelligent. Not like those idiots in Washington. Now you see. In China I didn't see a single person use a fork and knife. It was a disgrace. I knew then. Knew then we had lost the negotiation of table wear."

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Sorry, I'll help Mexico build the dang wall before I agree to the usage of a knife and fork on pizza.

FAUXTON posted:

Was there chili at the IA state fair? Was it better?

They think BBQ is dumping shitloads of store brand sauce over some pitiful pre-sliced mess. I shudder to think of what manner of horror they would concoct when trying the intricate dance of flavors that is chili.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

I have seen pork shoulder recently for loving 99 cents a pound as long as your buying 4-5 pounds worth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUbXrOoj2J8

They are perfect for this awesome and pretty easy carnitas recipe.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Gyges posted:

Sorry, I'll help Mexico build the dang wall before I agree to the usage of a knife and fork on pizza.

They think BBQ is dumping shitloads of store brand sauce over some pitiful pre-sliced mess. I shudder to think of what manner of horror they would concoct when trying the intricate dance of flavors that is chili.

While Iowan BBQ is terrible in everyway, our chili varies from family to family. No recipe is the same. We do have a proud home cooking tradition in this state. Chili being a part of this.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

I guess Darrell Hammond will get a lot more airtime on SNL as Trump. I'm not sure which one will be the first to call Putin a low class slob.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Mr Hootington posted:

While Iowan BBQ is terrible in everyway, our chili varies from family to family. No recipe is the same. We do have a proud home cooking tradition in this state. Chili being a part of this.

Never trust anyone who doesn't have a family chili recipe. It may suck horribly and their grandma should be ashamed, but they're trustworthy people.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Axetrain posted:

I have seen pork shoulder recently for loving 99 cents a pound as long as your buying 4-5 pounds worth.

Take pork shoulder, toss it in your slow cooker with salt, pepper, coriander, basil, cinnamon, cumin, and maybe even some fenugreek. Let that hunk of beautiful, and I mean beautiful pork sit there in all that heat and juice and just stew there for a while. Stew there like Scott Walker who misses a phone call from the Koch brothers. Have I mentioned I don't take money from anyone? One of my buddies, a real good friend, he tells me he wants to donate to my campaign. He wants to help out. I tell him to keep his money. When I'm president, I don't want to hear this complaints, his problems, his issues I should solve. He's a real nice guy, I like him, but he has bad handlers. He's a total disaster.

We played golf. I destroyed him. He begged for contributions to his cause, which I gave him a big chunk of money for. I mean a huge chunk of money. They had to hire more accountants because they've never had that much money before! I like to give money away to people. He's a nice guy. I like him.

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

I CAN'T BE STOPPED OR REASONED WITH

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

Chicken is a nice guy. I donated a lot of money to chicken. We went golfing, chicken and I. I beat chicken, of course. I beat him at golf and I'm gonna beat him in the campaign too. But chicken is a nice guy, I like chicken.

A staffer for chicken had a few unkind words to say about my campaign. I said, finally! Finally I can say some nasty things about chicken! Because I really like chicken. A few years back, I donated a lot of money to chicken. I have a lot of money, and I donate to a lot of causes. Different meats come to me, and I donate to them all really. I like giving away money! But chicken came to me and we talked for a while and I gave a bunch of money to chicken. A whole lot of money, probably more than chicken has ever seen before. I mean a real lot of money. But I like chicken and I didn't want to attack chicken. Thankfully this staffer for chicken came out and said these things, and I said finally! Finally I can talk about chicken.

I really like chicken. But chicken is a complete disaster.

Thanks to Trump, I will now refer to absolutely everyone I don't like with, "I really like X, but X is a complete disaster."

It's just so perfect.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
If the GOP dont permanently hire Trump as both a Candidate Advisor and Party Spokesman after he wins the primary with 0 establishment support, crushes Hillary, then ushers in a 12 year Yooge Age then the Republican Party deserves to go extinct.

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!
sheep and goat are deeply underappreciated meats in this country

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Gyges posted:

Never trust anyone who doesn't have a family chili recipe. It may suck horribly and their grandma should be ashamed, but they're trustworthy people.

There is no truer words. You can add pumpkin pie and '"slush" (frozen ginger ale and usually something else) to the list. Nearly all natural born Iowans have a recipe for one or the other.

Now people with oyster dominated stuffing recipes can not be trusted. While it is good, these folk are shifty eyed, untrustworthy, unamerican, heathens.

Neurolimal posted:

If the GOP dont permanently hire Trump as both a Candidate Advisor and Party Spokesman after he wins the primary with 0 establishment support, crushes Hillary, then ushers in a 12 year Yooge Age then the Republican Party deserves to go extinct.

The Republican Party deserves to go extinct because everyone that supports it is a literal monster.

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Aug 16, 2015

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Abner Cadaver II posted:

sheep and goat are deeply underappreciated meats in this country

Agreed. Also, anyone that thinks Shepherd's Pie can be made with beef can get hosed.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
Another glorious thing about a Trump Administration: Lindsey Graham and Rand Paul would be in the Senate knowing that the president of their party absolutely despises them (and, in Graham's case, Graham would know that he called the President of the United States a jackass on national television). I'm envisioning a situation where Mitch McConnell strikes a deal with Trump where McConnell gets some piece of legislation signed in return for moving Lindsey Graham's office to the basement of the Dirksen building or something. Offices with windows are reserved only for Senators ready to Make America Great Again.

How about this for comedy: Trump/Cruz ticket, Vice President Cruz spends the entire term trying to secretly plot with Boehner and McConnell to have Trump impeached so he can become President, the Democrats bail Trump out to dick over Cruz.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Axetrain posted:

Chef John is the best. And I mean that.

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

Mr Hootington posted:

There is no truer words. You can add pumpkin pie and '"slush" (frozen ginger ale and usually something else) to the list. Nearly all natural born Iowans have a recipe for one or the other.

my mom's pumpkin pie is KICKASS, fwiw.

but the rest of my extended family is shameful. my aunt mixes KETCHUP into the beef for her tacos. WTF LADY. I could not stomach that.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

AssassinPrincess posted:

but the rest of my extended family is shameful. my aunt mixes KETCHUP into the beef for her tacos. WTF LADY. I could not stomach that.

that is an incredible av

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

AssassinPrincess posted:

Why would you set yourself up so perfectly. Do you hate your mother and wish her to be insulted online?

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

I picture him more as a Mussolini figure, to be honest.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Maybe a Franco. Franco did quite well for himself.

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

LOU BEGAS MUSTACHE posted:

that is an incredible av

thanks I drew it for a friend but then decided to use it here too XD BLAAAARRRG RAINBOWS. you can't see in this res, but the cloud has smiling starfish in it.

VanSandman posted:

Why would you set yourself up so perfectly. Do you hate your mother and wish her to be insulted online?

you saying my mom ain't sexy? gently caress you.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Patter Song posted:

Another glorious thing about a Trump Administration: Lindsey Graham and Rand Paul would be in the Senate knowing that the president of their party absolutely despises them (and, in Graham's case, Graham would know that he called the President of the United States a jackass on national television). I'm envisioning a situation where Mitch McConnell strikes a deal with Trump where McConnell gets some piece of legislation signed in return for moving Lindsey Graham's office to the basement of the Dirksen building or something. Offices with windows are reserved only for Senators ready to Make America Great Again.

How about this for comedy: Trump/Cruz ticket, Vice President Cruz spends the entire term trying to secretly plot with Boehner and McConnell to have Trump impeached so he can become President, the Democrats bail Trump out to dick over Cruz.

There's a fly in the ointment: there is not a single legislator of either party who will return Cruz's phone calls, so he's not plotting anything with nobody.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

The Republican Party deserves to go extinct because everyone that supports it is a literal monster.

They're amoral politicians willing to gently caress over anyone and support anything for their own gain, just like retail democrats.

At this point I think at least a small chunk of Sanders and Trumps' success involves the fact that neither belong to either parties' establishment.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

AssassinPrincess posted:

Hell yeah!

Disown them. The only time ketchup is used in a recipe (condimental use does not count folks) is meatloaf. Disown them immediately.

Let's get this thread on track with talk of American Heartland food talk.

Growing up I ate supper at my Grandma's for supper 4 times a week. We had mashed potatoes (homemade potatoes mashed), garden fresh beans or farm fresh corn, homemade gravy, beets or pickles (homemade) and meat lock (straight from a literal family friend farm) beef about half the time. The other half was a casserole made out of leftovers and it was drat good. Spices used. The all American Lawry's season salt and butter. I'll die when I'm 50, but it was good eating. :fsmug:

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

Absurd Alhazred posted:

There's a fly in the ointment: there is not a single legislator of either party who will return Cruz's phone calls, so he's not plotting anything with nobody.

True. Ted Cruz is the only person in politics who is so transparently Frank Underwood-y that I'd suspect him of trying to use the VP slot as a short-circuit to the Oval Office in the middle of the term, but Ted Cruz has the Achilles Heel that everyone who knows Ted Cruz despises and distrusts Ted Cruz.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I grew up incredibly poor in NY and this midwest food literally sounds like what we ate (when we didnt just get fast food because everyone worked)

Take that as what you will.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Neurolimal posted:

I grew up incredibly poor in NY and this midwest food literally sounds like what we ate (when we didnt just get fast food because everyone worked)

NY as in the city or the state? From what I have heard the rural parts of New York are pretty much exactly like the midwest.

Also, this thread really needs some new polls/debates/breaking news...

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Neurolimal posted:

Let me tell you about the many and varied casseroles of the Midwest....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

OctoberBlues posted:

NY as in the city or the state? From what I have heard the rural parts of New York are pretty much exactly like the midwest.

Also, this thread really needs some new polls/debates/breaking news...

Everyday you get a new speech, dumb poo poo said, and food on a stick eaten at the Iowa State fair. What more do you want?

fosborb posted:

Let me tell you about the many and varied casseroles of the Midwest....

Go on....

• Locked thread