Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Keromaru5 posted:

I love Alan Davis Excalibur covers.

I remember he commented on this cover on his website and joked that it was, "My first writing job for Marvel." :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

TwoPair posted:

Star-Lord and Kitty Pryde #2:

I love the New Mutdroids so much.

OK, alternate reality, but why does Kitty have wolverine claws?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

CzarChasm posted:

In the AOA she just does.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I haven't read those issues, but she has something on her wrists. I think they come from there.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

CzarChasm posted:

It kind of makes sense because Wolverine taught her how to fight, but it doesn't make sense because Wolverine had the claws not her, so he wouldn't have taught her how to fight with claws.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Age of Apocalypse Kitty has always had the claws. I thought they were strap on and not retractable though. I assumed that she fashioned them herself so she could fight like Wolverine.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

That all of the AoA X-Men don't have claws because why the gently caress not is probably a better question here, really.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Travis343 posted:

Age of Apocalypse Kitty has always had the claws. I thought they were strap on and not retractable though. I assumed that she fashioned them herself so she could fight like Wolverine.

It makes sense that the one person who can choose whether or not she gets hit would be the one to fight like the one guy who didn't give a poo poo if he got hit.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Travis343 posted:

They are strapped on to her wrist. She still has the phase though things mutation, she just fights and kills with the claws.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
It is still really neat that everyone was wondering 'which version' of the two leads it was going to be, and it's literally just regular Star-Lord trying to explain to people that God is actually just a dude with an inferiority complex.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Go back to Reddit, Star-Lord.

Random Hajile
Aug 25, 2003

Travis343 posted:

I'd assume she made them entirely so she could make "If you mess with the Kitty" comments.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Kitty also had wrist-blades made from Wolverine's discarded bone claws in the late 1990s for a short time.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Latest chapter of Battlepug.

Nik nak!

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
A match made in heaven

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

I like to imagine he solved the mystery by grabbing the heavy rear end lead box on her head and pressing his face against the front so he can peer in through those little eye slots.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

The newest tool to help stop chronic masturbation isn't very well designed.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

I'm reminded of the story about a man whose touch can kill. It ends with the dude grasps his own hands in suicide.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

TheJoker138 posted:

The newest tool to help stop chronic masturbation isn't very well designed.

I dunno, as a chronic masturbator I can say with some confidence that that would stop me from jerking off pretty well

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

AnonSpore posted:

I dunno, as a chronic masturbator I can say with some confidence that that would stop me from jerking off pretty well

Pff, amateur. :rolleyes:

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Wait, I just realized what his terrible secret is!

Ghost Rider: Heaven's on Fire #2

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

How does he put his pants on? Is the waiter going to feed him? I have so many questions.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
The thought of a guy, even a supervillain, not being able to even eat his breakfast because his hands want to kill him is pretty depressing to me.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

AnonSpore posted:

The thought of a guy, even a supervillain, not being able to even eat his breakfast because his hands want to kill him is pretty depressing to me.

Well, that's what the metal boxes are for, naturally. :D

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
I really enjoyed Sweet Tooth and i would like to share how much I enjoyed it, but this is about the funniest sequence of panels in the entire series

Sweet Tooth #18

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

WickedHate posted:

Wait, I just realized what his terrible secret is!

Ghost Rider: Heaven's on Fire #2

It makes me really sad to think that Master Pandemonium did this on purpose. He has no one to blame but himself.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Wheat Loaf posted:

Kitty also had wrist-blades made from Wolverine's discarded bone claws in the late 1990s for a short time.

Ew.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

That Excalibur panel from a bit back made me go and read some stuff from my childhood. Here's something from Excalibur: Mojo Mayhem riffing on crossovers, in 1989.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Kalli posted:

That Excalibur panel from a bit back made me go and read some stuff from my childhood. Here's something from Excalibur: Mojo Mayhem riffing on crossovers, in 1989.

I only just noticed that the sign over the door read "House of Ideas".

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

AnonSpore posted:

The full sequence is even more hilariously hosed up.

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Aug 17, 2015

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Kalli posted:

I like the New Universe building, condemned and falling apart.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Art Adams :allears:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
So many details in that page. I like how Millennium is basically covered up...

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Peter Bagge's Other Lives

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Choco1980 posted:

So many details in that page. I like how Millennium is basically covered up...

And the House of Ideas sign falling apart.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.
Luke is the worst Jedi:

Luke, they were like a foot away from you! What the hell?

Classic Star Wars: The Early Adventures #1 (reprint of the newspaper comic strips)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Skywalker Super Stories