Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

OctoberBlues posted:

NY as in the city or the state? From what I have heard the rural parts of New York are pretty much exactly like the midwest.

Also, this thread really needs some new polls/debates/breaking news...

State, Rome NY to be exact. It's a bizarre culture shock to see the bland garbage food we ate because we had no time or money to try anything else is a staple of cozy middle america

"how can you sit here and complain about your chalupas? There are midwestern families out there who WISH they were starving instead of eating unseasoned pork chops and soggy green beans!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Mr Hootington posted:

Everyday you get a new speech, dumb poo poo said, and food on a stick eaten at the Iowa State fair. What more do you want?

I recently moved to Denver and the only thing I miss about Iowa is election season (minus the commercials!)

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

OctoberBlues posted:

I recently moved to Denver and the only thing I miss about Iowa is election season (minus the commercials!)

How is it there?
only states I'd leave Iowa for are California, Washington, Oregon. General locations would be Florida keys, New York, coastal Maine. I was admittedly born in the wrong place. Love the ocean, but Iowa is a good place to live if you have the right mindset. Only downsides are landlocked and too white.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
All Marylanders really should have a secret family crab cake recipe

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Crab dip is also acceptable

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
The only pork I'm interested in is pork belly politics.

-Bernie Sanders

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
I bet o malley doesn't even have a secret crab recipe

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

ONE of the Dubuque area church fundraiser cookbooks i have helpfully provides the following casserole taxonomy:
vegetable
fruit
meat
potato
side dish
dessert

This is relevant to the thread because every politician comes to the Iowa State Fair to prove, at the heart of things, their casserole bona fides. It is a testament of the proliferation of brain damaging hot dish recipes that at least a few politicians are successful every year.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Is lasagna a casserole technically

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Is a hot dog a sandwich

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

tomato noodle bake. (the cheese is implied because ~casserole~)

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Is a hot dog a sandwich

yes

yes

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

The best pork dish of them all, pulled pork, is made from the least fatty part of the pig, the shoulder. In Texas, you want to make sure the fat is trimmed, much like I plan to trim taxes for this great country.

-Ted Cruz

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I'm tired of talking about, and having to eat pork products. As of now, Wagyu beef is the best, most luxurious beef in all of the world. We are getting killed by the Japanese! If elected president, Denison, Iowa will become the yoogist, must luxurious place to produce beef in all of the world.

-Trump

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Trump willing to spend $1 billion on presidential bid

quote:

When a reporter asked Trump, just outside the Iowa State Fair grounds on Saturday, if he would throw a billion of his own money into the campaign, he answered without hesitation.

"I would do that, yeah," Trump responded. "If I had to."

And in answer to a question about his campaign's budget, Trump said that it was "irrelevant."

"You saw I make $400 million a year," Trump replied, "so what difference does it make?"

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

fosborb posted:

ONE of the Dubuque area church fundraiser cookbooks i have helpfully provides the following casserole taxonomy:
vegetable
fruit
meat
potato
side dish
dessert

This is relevant to the thread because every politician comes to the Iowa State Fair to prove, at the heart of things, their casserole bona fides. It is a testament of the proliferation of brain damaging hot dish recipes that at least a few politicians are successful every year.

What do you expect from a Wisconsin cookbook? They only know how to make a good football team and cheese curd.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Mr Hootington posted:

What do you expect from a Wisconsin cookbook? They only know how to make a good football team and cheese curd.

:lol: sorry, can't pass off Dubuque on WI. Their crazy Catholicism weighs on all Iowans.

e: and really, what are you going to counter with from DSM? Son of Fomaro, the Joenut arteest?

fosborb fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Aug 16, 2015

Vitamin Me
Mar 30, 2007

Has there ever been a vegetarian running in the primaries?

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Oli posted:

Has there ever been a vegetarian running in the primaries?
Yes

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
The American Vegetarian Party. Don't you remember Herbert Sheldon and Symon Gould?

e: ^^^ god drat I love that elf. I'll caucus for him in 2016 too.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

OctoberBlues posted:

NY as in the city or the state? From what I have heard the rural parts of New York are pretty much exactly like the midwest.

Also, this thread really needs some new polls/debates/breaking news...

It won't be a poll or anything but I'm working on something that'll hopefully be at least mildly interesting, I should have it in the thread in the next day or two.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
Is it The Seduction of Lincoln Chaffee, shot in the O'Keefe style?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Food talk has ruined this thread. Only Soylent can save us now.

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

I CAN'T BE STOPPED OR REASONED WITH

eat the rich etc

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

AssassinPrincess posted:

eat the rich etc

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

Joementum posted:

http://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/donald-trump-undocumented-immigrants-have-go-n410501

So if an undocumented immigrant has a child in the US, who is a US citizen.....

Trump's going to build an artificial island to house all the immigrants and their children. It will be considered a US territory and it will be called Trumpland.

mastervj
Feb 25, 2011

Smoothrich posted:

Trolling? Some people aren't so naive to be dazzled by grandiose claims by a do-nothing career politician who doesn't actually seem to understand what the office of President is capable of. How do you think Sanders would accomplish a single one of his promises with a Republican controlled Congress?

Protip: He knows he can't, and is just bullshitting rubes like you to send him your money, since he doesn't seem capable of raising it any other way, since everyone else in the country except gullible millennials sees through his schtick.

lol! u dumb troll

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
if trump creates the neo ss I will sew a golden taco onto my sleeve

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
All the fried pork talk gives me a hankering for Chinese style fried porkchops where it's marinated or rubbed with 5 Spice+w/e and coated in cornstarch before frying. The cornstarch gives a nice crispy texture on the fatty parts almost like a pork crackling and an American version could probably be done with only Iowan agricultural products.

Xelkelvos fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Aug 16, 2015

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Smoothrich posted:

Trolling? Some people aren't so naive to be dazzled by grandiose claims by a do-nothing career politician who doesn't actually seem to understand what the office of President is capable of. How do you think Sanders would accomplish a single one of his promises with a Republican controlled Congress?

Protip: He knows he can't, and is just bullshitting rubes like you to send him your money, since he doesn't seem capable of raising it any other way, since everyone else in the country except gullible millennials sees through his schtick.

would you change your tune if he said his first act as president would be to unilaterally nuke Raqqa lmao shut up Smoothrich

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

Needs more word art.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Drastic Actions posted:

Needs more word art.

I thought of writing a comment, but the gif has all the right words, and anything I could have written would have simply been redundant.

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Bernie Sanders posted:

I apologize. We left the helicopter at home. It's in the garage, forgot to bring it.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Is a hot dog a sandwich

Here not America 7-11 packages hot dogs as "long burgers"

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Joementum posted:

http://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/donald-trump-undocumented-immigrants-have-go-n410501

quote:

"We're going to keep the families together, but they have to go," he said in the interview, which will air in full on NBC's "Meet the Press" this Sunday.

Pressed on what he'd do if the immigrants in question had nowhere to return to, Trump reiterated: "They have to go."

"We will work with them. They have to go. Chuck, we either have a country, or we don't have a country," he said.

So if an undocumented immigrant has a child in the US, who is a US citizen.....

"If our slaves are ever to be sent away in any systematic manner, humanity demands that they should be carried in families." ~ Thomas Dew

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Chantilly Say posted:

Here not America 7-11 packages hot dogs as "long burgers"

no they don't.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

blue squares posted:

its Torchy's Tacos.

Pro choice there.

GoutPatrol posted:

Food talk has ruined this thread. Only Soylent can save us now.

Just don't eat consume too much of it. Unless you like lead and cadmium.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

crazy cloud posted:

no they don't.

You're actually right, I went back and checked the picture I had taken and the long burger's not a hot dog, it's chicken salad on a hot dog bun.

• Locked thread