Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

Aside from MST, is there any sort of generic cards to destroy face-up S/T's? I'm finding myself missing Heavy Storm after playing Tag Force Special.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Mysticblade posted:

Aside from MST, is there any sort of generic cards to destroy face-up S/T's? I'm finding myself missing Heavy Storm after playing Tag Force Special.

Single target, or mass backrow destruction? And only face-up?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

There's Dust Tornado and Galaxy Cyclone.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9AAno-tDXM

So, it's time for the second round, Tellarknight mirror!

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

Yeah, I'm thinking of mass back-row destruction and I'm looking for anything that can get rid of face-ups. Night beam is useless to me since I'm looking to get around lock-down decks. The only thing I can think of is Malevolent Catastrophe.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

yaaaaay.

E: Storm exists. But you kind of have to build your deck around that, plenty of backrow that wants to be destroyed like Dark Coffin and Statue of the Wicked, or stuff you can chain easily.

Dabir fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Aug 15, 2015

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Mysticblade posted:

Yeah, I'm thinking of mass back-row destruction and I'm looking for anything that can get rid of face-ups. Night beam is useless to me since I'm looking to get around lock-down decks. The only thing I can think of is Malevolent Catastrophe.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Spell_Shattering_Arrow

poorlywrittennovel
Oct 9, 2012

After loving around in devpro with some friends, I can safely say that Graydles with the Aquarium support cards are really unfun to play against casually. And I was the dude running that combo. Hell, the Aquarium cards in general make for a really unfun gamestate if the other person isn't playing any aqua monsters. They might not necessarily be busted, but god drat can they bog down a game.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

poorlywrittennovel posted:

After loving around in devpro with some friends, I can safely say that Graydles with the Aquarium support cards are really unfun to play against casually. And I was the dude running that combo. Hell, the Aquarium cards in general make for a really unfun gamestate if the other person isn't playing any aqua monsters. They might not necessarily be busted, but god drat can they bog down a game.

I've been playing a lot for the last 3 days and I've yet to meet a single one. How would you even answer besides something like Exciton Knight when they get all their support cards on the board?

Also, I'm now up to 5 competitive deck variants built around the same 27 card Kaiju core, they are ridiculously versatile. Specifically, GhostKaiju, TellarKaiju, YosenKaiju, FistKaiju and MajeKaiju. Anyone got their own wacky variant? :v:

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!
that harpie player losing to qliphort at worlds is heart-breaking. :doh:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Koguma posted:

that harpie player losing to qliphort at worlds is heart-breaking. :doh:

It's not surprisingly, Mai never wins.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

I thought I should take a picture of the Japanese commentary team.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Xoidanor posted:

Also, I'm now up to 5 competitive deck variants built around the same 27 card Kaiju core, they are ridiculously versatile. Specifically, GhostKaiju, TellarKaiju, YosenKaiju, FistKaiju and MajeKaiju. Anyone got their own wacky variant? :v:

What's the 27 card core? I want to see if I can tech in my favorite Archetype and try to make GustoKaiju.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Senerio posted:

What's the 27 card core? I want to see if I can tech in my favorite Archetype and try to make GustoKaiju.

Galaxy Cyclone is the only card I'd say is replaceable. Ignore the extra deck. I've seen some play without Owner's Seal but since putting Sticky String on your field in this meta tends to be game-ending I don't feel it's worth it. The core is very efficient and is more likely to brick due to your opponent not playing a monster/having more than 1 MST than it is due to a bad opening hand.

MiddleOne fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Aug 15, 2015

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Xoidanor posted:

Galaxy Cyclone is the only card I'd say is replaceable. Ignore the extra deck. I've seen some play without Owner's Seal but since putting Sticky String on your field in this meta tends to be game-ending I don't feel it's worth it. The core is very efficient and is more likely to brick due to your opponent not playing a monster/having more than 1 MST than it is due to a bad opening hand.

Have you tried Kaiser Colosseum? Seems tailor-made for the Kaiju

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Have you tried Kaiser Colosseum? Seems tailor-made for the Kaiju

It's kinda redundant, Sticky String already fills that niche within the deck and Colosseum adds very little to that since it has the exact same weakness. (your field getting wiped) I've found you kinda have to gear your remaining 13 cards towards either helping you end quickly (Yosenju's, Satellarknight's and Majespecter's) or protecting you on your turn. (Ghostricks, Greydle's and PSYFRAME) By the time you have 1 Kaiju on your field and your opponent has an empty field they've already lost 90% of the time if they don't draw Compuls or Raigeki.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Managed to catch the Semi's mid way through

Nekroz vs Tellarknights, ugh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJKF_BhdADs

We got a literal case of

"I set 5 and end my turn"

"I have 2 Royal Decrees set"

Onmi fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Aug 16, 2015

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Looks like finals are going to be Nekroz vs. Nekroz.

Good. That means the next banlist is going to murder the deck. I can't wait.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

I was wrong. It's Nutellas vs. Nekroz for the finals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4HtvwotNhI

GO NUTELLAS.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Dexie posted:

I was wrong. It's Nutellas vs. Nekroz for the finals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4HtvwotNhI

GO NUTELLAS.

If I can get this burning Abyss deck for 125USD including shipping would it be worth it? I just spent a bunch building shaddolls to get back into the game (hell I'm not even finished on that deck...), but it seems to me at this price I would be paying less for the whole deck than just the Dante's would cost on their own. BA seems fun to play and similar to dolls, but I'd probably resell if the margins are good.

Edit: I totally didn't meant to quote this but as I did, gently caress yeah nekroz lost. Go tellars. Can anyone explain why tellers weren't at the WCQ finals much but successful in the WC finals?

BurritoJustice fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Aug 16, 2015

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

BurritoJustice posted:

Edit: I totally didn't meant to quote this but as I did, gently caress yeah nekroz lost. Go tellars. Can anyone explain why tellers weren't at the WCQ finals much but successful in the WC finals?

They're stronger under the combined banlist then the OCG or TCG banlist.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

BurritoJustice posted:

If I can get this burning Abyss deck for 125USD including shipping would it be worth it? I just spent a bunch building shaddolls to get back into the game (hell I'm not even finished on that deck...), but it seems to me at this price I would be paying less for the whole deck than just the Dante's would cost on their own. BA seems fun to play and similar to dolls, but I'd probably resell if the margins are good.

BA isn't legal in OCG, so It wasn't allowed at Worlds. Shaddolls have a bunch of holes in it (Such as Construct to 0, El Fusion to 1, Mathematician to 1), and Nekroz, while filled with holes, still had its power plays, and is, in general, a very adaptable deck, which many weren't considering as viable for worlds, so it had a surprise factor to it. Satellars are a decent deck, and didn't loose anything from the combined list except for two Reinforcements of the Army (ROTA).

Also, if the BA deck includes the extra (3 Dante, 1 Virgil, etc.), then I would consider it if you have the disposable income, otherwise, if it's just the main deck, probably not.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Julias posted:

BA isn't legal in OCG, so It wasn't allowed at Worlds. Shaddolls have a bunch of holes in it (Such as Construct to 0, El Fusion to 1, Mathematician to 1), and Nekroz, while filled with holes, still had its power plays, and is, in general, a very adaptable deck, which many weren't considering as viable for worlds, so it had a surprise factor to it. Satellars are a decent deck, and didn't loose anything from the combined list except for two Reinforcements of the Army (ROTA).

Also, if the BA deck includes the extra (3 Dante, 1 Virgil, etc.), then I would consider it if you have the disposable income, otherwise, if it's just the main deck, probably not.

The BA deck is everything on that list plus a bunch of common and super staples. It includes three Dantes, two Virgil's and one or two of the fusions I can't remember. For the money it seems a bit absurd. Like I said I'd probably be buying to sell though.

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!
You don't play the BA fusion, it's just 3 dante and 1 virgil (maybe two). rubic's the other (kinda) money card.

rest of the extra is just rank 3s and downerd unless you're playing rank up stuff.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Honestly gently caress Tellars as well as Nekroz, but I'm happier Tellarknights won. Both of them will be skullfucked by the next banlist

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

I wonder if with the new "flexible" banlist we'll see an update sooner rather than later.
lmao its gonna be like 5 months down the line

EDIT: Does anyone in this thread know Dragunities well? If I were to post a decklist that just isn't working, would someone be able to tell me where i'm loving up? Or is the deck dead in the water until Ravine hits three?

Skull Servant fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Aug 16, 2015

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Onmi posted:

Honestly gently caress Tellars as well as Nekroz, but I'm happier Tellarknights won. Both of them will be skullfucked by the next banlist

Nekroz was completely healthy for the game. Tellarknights were not.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Slur posted:

I'd really like to hear your opinions on this. I'm not being sarcastic here. Nekroz dominated the meta even after they were hit. Tellars have been around for a year and a half and were never broken. Hell, they unlimited ROTA and its still good but not broken, imo.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Slur posted:

You're out of your mind. :stare:

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Dexie posted:

You're out of your mind. :stare:

Nekroz is a deck he plays, of course he doesn't see a problem with them.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

You really think someone would do that?
Just go on the internet and tell lies?

Slur posted:

Nekroz were what rituals should have been from the beginning. Useful in hand, useful on field. Tellas should have had some restriction on them, instead of being on summon, no matter what summon.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Lisandra_brave posted:

Nekroz were what rituals should have been from the beginning. Useful in hand, useful on field. Tellas should have had some restriction on them, instead of being on summon, no matter what summon.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Lisandra_brave posted:

When rituals were introduced the card game was far different and far slower. This argument really holds no water.

Nekroz were overpowered and dominated the meta because of it. The only thing tellars have for them is easy rank 4 engine. Tellars always lagged behind the other meta decks in every format since they were introduced.

I'm honestly impressed that they topped Worlds. I believe it's a testament to the players skill as opposed the the raw power of Tellars.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Tellar are really good because off of one monster they can go into their big poo poo and Alpha has crazy plus potential, it's loving stupid. That being said, Tellars are limited by field play, they don't pull off anything from hand or grave, they only summon from either. They get a lot off of one monster hitting that field, but if that summon gets stopped then you potentially destroy the game for them. Nekroz not only do everything from every single place, they can completely halt any momentum you have with one turn and they can get that card incredibly easily. Nekroz was never healthy for the game or balanced, especially since they had access to Rank 4. There's a reason they were above and beyond every other deck in the game for a good while and their only real competitors were BA and Shaddoll and even then only BA were their actual bad matchup. They're still a good deck, but thanks to the limiting and banning of certain cards, they are manageable now but still powerful.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Cabinet posted:

I'm honestly impressed that they topped Worlds. I believe it's a testament to the players skill as opposed the the raw power of Tellars.

You're completely right. The Nutella player knew what the hell he was doing, and had some interesting/unusual deck choices that caught his opponent way off guard.

Satellarknight RIGEL won his games for him. RIGEL. Who even runs Rigel in the deck?

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Nekroz is just a case of over-correcting for Rituals, like with Gishki before they fixed the loop. Konami doesn't seem to know how to balance Rituals and Fusions so that they're at the bar set by Xyz, so you'll see decks like Shaddols and Nekroz that are just a bit TOO good for too long. Majespecters and Pendulum Magicians (with Apex Avian) will usurp them next format, but that's more an issue of pushing Pendulums rather than fixing them.

Synchros get to look cool in anime and that's about it.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Hjalmar posted:

Nekroz is just a case of over-correcting for Rituals, like with Gishki before they fixed the loop. Konami doesn't seem to know how to balance Rituals and Fusions so that they're at the bar set by Xyz, so you'll see decks like Shaddols and Nekroz that are just a bit TOO good for too long. Majespecters and Pendulum Magicians (with Apex Avian) will usurp them next format, but that's more an issue of pushing Pendulums rather than fixing them.

Synchros get to look cool in anime and that's about it.

PSYFRAME's and Speedroids are shaping up to be pretty cool. Both of the archetypes boss monster and support are rank 4 hate.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

I have high hopes but realistic expectations. The combo-centric playstyle of Synchros is something I absolutely adore (my favourite deck bar-none is Junk-Doppel-Quasar with a mini Speedroid engine) but it's a massive weakness against anything packing traps or some other form of disruption. These new Synchros could have been top-tier in years past, but against Majespecters? Against Satellarnova Alpha? We're just spinning our wheels.

Give Synchros a themed Heavy Storm, then we'll talk.

E: Speaking of Rituals that are unbalanced, holy loving poo poo this thing.

Skeleton Mom fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Aug 17, 2015

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

I don't see anything unbalanced about that. Absolutely beautiful art, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Searchable (not just by Manju/Senju) 2800 beatstick with a practically free summoning requirement (dump Odd-Eyes Vortex or Beast-Eyes or whatever) that has a Giant Trunade effect which can't be negated and a passive Red-Eyes Flare Metal Dragon effect to top it off. All for a deck which is already top-tier.

• Locked thread