Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Full clears suck if your DPS aren't up to scratch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I wish there was some kind of incentive for tanks to do full clears, like extra tomestones or something, but I'm also OK with the solution of just not having optional mobs and making bosses a bigger chunk of the total XP.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I only asked for full clears when I wanted the map achievements. Otherwise why bother, really.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Has there been any word on plans to establish more housing wards? There's literally one open plot for like 200M on the server my friends have their FC on.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I got DRK to 50 and my god, that quest :vince:

I can see why people say DRK quests are disappointing post 50.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Fister Roboto posted:

I wish there was some kind of incentive for tanks to do full clears, like extra tomestones or something, but I'm also OK with the solution of just not having optional mobs and making bosses a bigger chunk of the total XP.

They already modified to go with this a bit with 3.0, I suppose it wouldn't hurt to make it go a little further.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Leal posted:

Bah, gently caress that. Post-50 DRK quests have a slow start, but from 56 on they're quite good. 58 in particular is spectacular.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Leal posted:

One lingering question:
Why can't dark side me pocket heal through fates, sometimes the bird isn't enough.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Captain Oblivious posted:

Bah, gently caress that. Post-50 DRK quests have a slow start, but from 56 on they're quite good. 58 in particular is spectacular.

Yeah, post-50 DRK is quite satisfying really, especially the conclusion at 60. Can't hold a candle to 30-50 DRK, but nothing in this game really can :v:

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Truga posted:

I only asked for full clears when I wanted the map achievements. Otherwise why bother, really.

Had one guy tell me not to skip the 3 dragons in the aery because he was grinding it out and it's 45k experience he doesn't get not killing those. Multiply that by 6-8 times he has to do it and it comes out to a nice chunk. I'd just rather save the 3-4 mins and not do them but whatever.

Hakuke Manor is one of the terrible ones to full clear. Easily adds an extra 10 mins onto the run. Same with the place with all those pugils and the poison dragon.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
I have never seen anyone do or anyone ask for a full clear of Haukke. I don't think 95% of people realize there are other places to go asides from the cells in the basement and the stuff you need to unlock the last boss.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

A Sastasha full clear like triples the mob count when you're low level enough that everything sucks.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
The only dungeon I like to clear fully is Brayflox. It's not that hard to do and it's a pretty common dungeon with all the DRKs / ASTs / MCH leveling up there. If you're a DPS it doesn't hurt to give some courtesy to say "hey can we do a full clear?" to help out.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Holyshoot posted:

Had one guy tell me not to skip the 3 dragons in the aery because he was grinding it out and it's 45k experience he doesn't get not killing those. Multiply that by 6-8 times he has to do it and it comes out to a nice chunk. I'd just rather save the 3-4 mins and not do them but whatever.

I pull those dragons anyway since they usually get woken up one way or another and I'd rather handle them at the start than scramble around to aggro them in the middle of the fight. Plus one dragon 'guards' a chest and I need dungeon gear for all my non-tanks.

Quick stuff on the way I usually pull but when I have to go into a bunch of side areas or annoying areas with annoying mobs I tend not to bother. People rarely ask for full clears (I have gotten and honored requests for the Morbol fruit.)

EponymousMrYar fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Aug 16, 2015

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Holyshoot posted:

Hakuke Manor is one of the terrible ones to full clear. Easily adds an extra 10 mins onto the run. Same with the place with all those pugils and the poison dragon.

IIRC: those dragons are worth like 4k each or something.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Holyshoot posted:

You will awaken the sleeping beast that thinks everyone should kill every monster in every dungeon..... ever.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

I usually--and generally see other tanks--skip dragons except the treasure chest one.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

If you're really concerned with XP/hour post-50 you shouldn't be doing dungeons anyway. I guess a lot of people still don't know that they really buffed HW fates.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Boten Anna posted:

I usually--and generally see other tanks--skip dragons except the treasure chest one.

That's odd, I don't think I have ever once seen a tank let even a single dragon lie. They usually pull them along with the smaller dragons so people will AOE them all down.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Fister Roboto posted:

If you're really concerned with XP/hour post-50 you shouldn't be doing dungeons anyway. I guess a lot of people still don't know that they really buffed HW fates.

Where do people usually do fates? I checked out CWH but I didn't see anybody grinding there.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Whatever's appropriate for your level. Doing a fate above your level doesn't get you any extra XP, while doing one below your level gets you significantly less. Churning Mists and the Hinterlands are popular for the epic fate chains they have.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Fister Roboto posted:

FATEs are dumb boring poo poo for bads that don't drop gear that you can equip/desynth/convert to seals.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Dungeons are fun.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Boten Anna posted:

FATEs are dumb boring poo poo for bads that don't drop gear that you can equip/desynth/convert to seals.

Why do you always seem so mad about fates?

Kettlepip
Jun 23, 2009

Begemot posted:

That's odd, I don't think I have ever once seen a tank let even a single dragon lie. They usually pull them along with the smaller dragons so people will AOE them all down.

Likewise. I can understand why people might not clear the AV entrance, upper level of Haukke or a route in Toto-Rak. But why you'd not just park mobs on the dragons and kill them along with everything else when you've people levelling with you is quite beyond me.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

nuru posted:

Why do you always seem so mad about fates?

They're really boring.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

FATEs are fun to jump in from time to time while traveling.

FATE grinding is boring as sin.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Jia posted:

They're really boring.

They fill the time between queues for dps and healers, hard to take offense to that.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Jia posted:

They're really boring.

So is leveling.

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)
Of the Seven Visions of Seven Trials of the Incarnate, I have now fulfilled the Fifth Trial.
I can mindlessly grind FATEs while watching netflix, which is nice. If I don't feel like being lazy, dungeons are cool too. v:shobon:v

HitmanAndQuitIt
Sep 13, 2002

dont take extercy
Guys I'm CRAZY and do dungeons AND fates AND leves to level :o :o :o

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Dear god! Get this man a psychiatrist.

I think he might be playing the game.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Sometimes I worry that people who level off exclusively or almsot exclusively off FATES don't learn how to play their job effectively since literally the only thing you need for FATE credit is "learn to hit something once".

Then I realize that bad player will be bads regardless, so why let it bother me?

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Ignimbrite posted:

I have never seen anyone do or anyone ask for a full clear of Haukke. I don't think 95% of people realize there are other places to go asides from the cells in the basement and the stuff you need to unlock the last boss.

Heck, I still haven't finished my map of that place.

Is there a recommended guideline on which level 50 dungeons to tackle first? I've got a huge list to go through to unlock the Hard roulette.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
How much do you actually have to do in the HW fates to get gold contribution as a DPS? It felt like the requirements were more lax than pre-50 stuff.

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007

ApplesandOranges posted:

Is there a recommended guideline on which level 50 dungeons to tackle first? I've got a huge list to go through to unlock the Hard roulette.

I recently did this. I just unlocked them all and then queued for 5 at a time until I had them all done.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Kjermzs posted:

I recently did this. I just unlocked them all and then queued for 5 at a time until I had them all done.

I'm level 58 and haven't unlocked it. Is it worth unlocking still?

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Boten Anna posted:

You don't even need to do the treasure chest one, you can just sneak up to the chest without waking it up by walking instead of running to save some time.

Of course, chances are a DPS will charge in behind you and wake it up anyway.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

RC Cola posted:

I'm level 58 and haven't unlocked it. Is it worth unlocking still?

The dungeons have neat environments and mechanics - it's worth doing each of them once just for the sake of seeing new things you haven't seen before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

ApplesandOranges posted:

Do whatever, they're pretty much all great except for Copperbell, which is a flaming turd.

Pharos/Lost City/Tam-Tara/AK hard/WP hard all have REALLY good music. Hullbreaker also has a super fun last boss.

• Locked thread