Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Unmature posted:

When did people turn on Infinite Crisis? I remember people loving it when it came out.
I was down on it from the start!

Also on the Dr. Light tip:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I'll be honest I can't bring myself to care about the Lois & Clark series. I wanted to see them on their native earth goddamnit!

I want the old DCU back. :smith:

I mean, I love Gotham Academy & Prez, but that seems like the only DC books I'm actually buying.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Unmature posted:

When did people turn on Infinite Crisis? I remember people loving it when it came out.

People loved that pile of poo poo? Also I loved when Johns used "TITANS TOGETHER" in Infinite Crisis and then Superboy Prime proceeded to kill and maim a large number of them while crying about how the universe was making him just like them. (Evil :v: ) Infinite Crisis is poo poo to Identity Crisis' poo poo sandwich. Also Space Goatse was something to be taken seriously.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Yvonmukluk posted:

I'll be honest I can't bring myself to care about the Lois & Clark series. I wanted to see them on their native earth goddamnit!

I mean, I love Gotham Academy & Prez, but that seems like the only DC books I'm actually buying.

The Convergence Superman mini this is spinning off of was actually pretty decent. It'll be worth buying for Lee Weeks' art, if nothing else.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Hey, I'm reading some Green Lantern New 52, how are the Revenge of Black Hand and Rise of the Third Army stories?

edit: I was also wondering about Emperor Joker.

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 12:18 on Aug 16, 2015

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Kurtofan posted:

Hey, I'm reading some Green Lantern New 52, how are the Revenge of Black Hand and Rise of the Third Army stories?

Just keep reading till Geoff Johns leaves, then hop on Red Lanterns at #21.

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent

Kurtofan posted:

I was also wondering about Emperor Joker.
Love that story, but be prepared for different status quo for the characters (i.e. Supergirl is an Earthbound angel, Hal Jordan is the Spectre).

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Don't worry, I didn't know about Supergirl, but I had read the story where Hal Jordan came back to life proper.

How old are the N52 dc characters vs the old continuity? 25 vs 40?

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Aug 16, 2015

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Yvonmukluk posted:

:agreed:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I like the N52 stuff. But I have have basicly zero comic filter, and like almost everything is read. So yeah.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Norns posted:

I like the N52 stuff. But I have have basicly zero comic filter, and like almost everything is read. So yeah.

You and most people who buy comics.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

What the gently caress is this from?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Senor Candle posted:

adobe

e: apparently googling, it is a real thing? the incredibly lovely boxes and weird font looked super fake to me. well, whatever

VV That's just how Ramos drew man. They got worse, along with everything else, as Ramos slowly slid into self-parody.

purple death ray fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Aug 16, 2015

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Were Impulse's gigantic feet a quirk of the art or were they meant to be part of the character?

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

Edge & Christian posted:

I was down on it from the start!

Also on the Dr. Light tip:

This from Kyle Baker's Plastic Man run, right?

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Senor Candle posted:

It's from the tail end of Kyle Baker's Plastic Man run, like Equeen said. He was pretty over working for DC by the point of that story, and I'm still kind of amazed they published it on a number of levels.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Is this an elseworld type of thing?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Kurtofan posted:

How old are the N52 dc characters vs the old continuity? 25 vs 40?

Batman and Superman are both meant to be around 30, but I think that's the age they were pre-New 52 as well. I reckon most of the adult heroes in N52 are about that age.

Hal Jordan's interesting because I'm pretty sure one of his early Post-Crisis stories involved his 40th birthday, and he was fairly consistently drawn as being grey at the temples as well. When he came back after Infinite Crisis, he was youthed down to 30-ish as well.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Wheat Loaf posted:

Batman and Superman are both meant to be around 30, but I think that's the age they were pre-New 52 as well. I reckon most of the adult heroes in N52 are about that age.

Hal Jordan's interesting because I'm pretty sure one of his early Post-Crisis stories involved his 40th birthday, and he was fairly consistently drawn as being grey at the temples as well. When he came back after Infinite Crisis, he was youthed down to 30-ish as well.

I recently went back through the Johns reboot limited series and I believe it said the premature gray was due to Parallax influence.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Oh yeah, when Kyle Rayner was possessed by Paralax (in Sinestro Corps Wars) he had some gray hair as well.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
I think it's ridiculous when they imply that Batman and Superman are under 35 at LEAST. I always imagine them both around 37-39.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

A back up story in one of the early New 52 Action Comics issues states that Krypton blew up 27 years ago.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Kurtofan posted:

Is this an elseworld type of thing?
I forget all of the details, but Kyle Baker's Plastic Man started off as sort of an mostly-all-ages cartoony book that wasn't explicitly an Elseworlds but didn't really cross over with the greater DC Universe. Then very near the end he adopted that style and did a SUPER SERIOUS SUPER DARK MODERN DC TALE of Billy Batson being raped and murdered as sort of a satire/protest of DC at large.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Solicits

quote:

EARTH 2: SOCIETY #6
Written by DANIEL H. WILSON
Art and cover by JORGE JIMENEZ
On sale NOVEMBER 11 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
The heroes of Earth-2 grow closer to discovering the real dangers that lurk in their new world as the murderous Hourman is revealed.

A new Anarky?

quote:

GREEN ARROW #46
Written by BENJAMIN PERCY
Art and cover by PATRICK ZIRCHER
LOONEY TUNES Variant cover by KEVIN NOWLAN and Warner Bros. Animation
On sale NOVEMBER 4 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details.
The city of Juarez has been overrun by Jefe and his Skeleton Cartel. He plans a sacrifice to honor the Day of the Dead. Can Green Arrow and Tarantula really stop an army of the darkness? Or will they simply become the first victims?

The infamous Tarantula makes her debut in the DCYou

quote:

RED HOOD/ARSENAL #6
Written by SCOTT LOBDELL
Art by DENIS MEDRI
Cover by HOWARD PORTER
On sale NOVEMBER 11 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
Roy and Jason have been through a lot with their new start-up business, and a therapy session to vent a few grievances seems like just what the doctor ordered. Too bad Sera Phina and her team of villains are finally assembled and ready to launch their attack!

This cover is loving with my mind :psyduck:

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
In non-lovely comics solicits:

Prez posted:

PREZ #6
Written by MARK RUSSELL
Art and cover by BEN CALDWELL
On sale NOVEMBER 18 • 32 pg, FC, 6 of 6, $2.99 US • RATED T
As the cat flu ravages the nation, President Ross has to ward off an angry Senate, while her transgender robot bodyguard saves her from virus rights protesters.

People should be buying this comicbook.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Madkal posted:

People should be buying this comicbook.

Isn't that the last issue?

EDIT: "6 of 6" duh.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Endless Mike posted:

There will be another miniseries after it.

AFoolAndHisMoney
Aug 13, 2013

Madkal posted:

Hey Green Arrow is alright.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Endless Mike posted:

From what I heard, they broke the 12 parter up into 2 segments, so there will be another mini series (hopefully).

AFoolAndHisMoney posted:

Hey Green Arrow is alright.

I quite enjoyed the first issue but I heard the second issue was quite a letdown. I should check it out though.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I like that Constantine's got a boyfriend :)

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Teenage Fansub posted:

I like that Constantine's got a boyfriend :)

Don't you mean Midnighter?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Don't you mean Midnighter?

Since issue #1, John's been getting friendly with this big cafe owner hunk guy and he's there with him on #6's cover :shrug:

Scaramouche posted:

Wasn't Sera Fina shot through the head gangland style?

From the N52 Forever People? Not in their comic.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Aug 17, 2015

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Scaramouche posted:

This one is Sera Phina :v:

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

This cover is loving with my mind :psyduck:

Holy poo poo. :allears:

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

quote:

THE FLASH #46
Written by ROBERT VENDITTI and VAN JENSEN
Art and cover by BRETT BOOTH and NORM RAPMUND

Jesus christ they're getting another loving arc after the Thawne one.

Someone shoot me.

Kaleidoscope
Sep 8, 2007

The Internet makes me dizzy.
Finch literally drew a big red V over Wonder Woman's crotch on that cover. Jesus loving Christ.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

WickedHate posted:

Holy poo poo. :allears:

Those two look nothing alike aside from that one strand of red hair. Don't reach too far.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

lotus circle posted:

Those two look nothing alike aside from that one strand of red hair. Don't reach too far.

It's a big detail. There was a Gravity Falls cameo in Outlaws, seems plausable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Kaleidoscope posted:

Finch literally drew a big red V over Wonder Woman's crotch on that cover. Jesus loving Christ.

Where's this?

Edit:

Oh yeah, it's like, "Blood comes out here." Good designing.

Wendell fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Aug 18, 2015

• Locked thread