Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

89 posted:

Yeah, drafting early sucks. But, sometimes it can't be helped.

Sppppppeaking of, I've got my work draft this Sunday. Unfortunately, the boss had the wrong date in his mind and can't be there. Incase he can't find a representative to draft for him, I'm gonna have to "autodraft" his team. It's a live draft. I've put my foot down on everybody else that couldn't be there. But, it's the boss, sooo.......what borderline lovely rankings can I go off of without it not being legit? Not going off my Beersheets, that's for sure :colbert:

Tell him to send you a list of players he likes, teams he wants to avoid, and also a list of preferred positions he wants to prioritize. Then fill it up with NFL rankings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
All this Ameer Abdullah helium makes me happy my main league does a stupid college draft that never produces a useful player.

Except this year it means I get Abdullah for $5 of a $300 budget :getin:

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
Who are the useful handcuffs this year? My RB depth last year was pretty bad due to my choice in late round RBs. I was able to pickup Knile Davis which was nice since I had JC but everyone else I had was terrible.

I can't remember if guys like Jeremy Hill and CJ Anderson were being talked about pre draft last year but I was interested in any comparable picks I could target late this year.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

MrSargent posted:

Who are the useful handcuffs this year? My RB depth last year was pretty bad due to my choice in late round RBs. I was able to pickup Knile Davis which was nice since I had JC but everyone else I had was terrible.

I can't remember if guys like Jeremy Hill and CJ Anderson were being talked about pre draft last year but I was interested in any comparable picks I could target late this year.

Knile for JC, Johnson for Crowell, Abdullah for Bell, Mason for Gurley, the titans guy behind Sankey, maybe Ryan Mathews, maybe Jerrick McKinnon

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Reik posted:

Hey, if you are ever looking for help with beersheets stuff I happen to be a statistician and I'm pretty good at excel, just let me know if there's anything I can do.

Help me figure out a not-poo poo way to establish tiers.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

MrSargent posted:

I think what you are asking about is rookie/young RB's who could blow up and take over a starting job, not handcuffs. To me, Ameer Abdullah is not Joique Bell's handcuff - he is his possible replacement. DeAngelo Williams is probably a better example of a handcuff. He is not seeing more than a handful of touches a game unless Bell goes down, in which case he probably jumps in and takes over for the majority of the plays Bell would have had.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Help me figure out a not-poo poo way to establish tiers.

First separate by dropoffs then split those groups based on upside, excepting maybe the cream of the crop guys like Julio/A.Brown

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

quote:

Adam Schefter
‏@AdamSchefter

Saints' CJ Spiller underwent arthroscopic knee surgery Friday in Pensacola, Fla, but is expected back for regular-season opener, per source.

It begins

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

First separate by dropoffs then split those groups based on upside, excepting maybe the cream of the crop guys like Julio/A.Brown

Here's the kind of raw data I'm working with:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Jz08tdIaz7WU9-9OfO8zpGPneSPdfGmNMPe8Z43f-rw/edit?usp=sharing

Currently what I do is take the top ranked player, and everyone within 1 SDV of him goes into tier 1. The next guy becomes the top of tier 2, and everyone within one SDV of him goes into tier 2, and so forth. I'd love to use a more valid methodology to establish tiers but I don't know how. And it has to be completely automated because I do hundreds of combinations.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Benne posted:

It begins

Dammit, I knew.

I just knew. Luckily RB is something we have stocked up right now.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
What does everybody think of Ingram and Jonathan Stewart this year? My current mocks for my main league with IDP has me landing them after taking Gronk/JJ Watt and then going WR/WR/RB/RB since I have 3 WR slots. Going for the most elite section of WRs with Gronk giving me a huge advantage at TE and obviously JJ Watt at DL

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Anyone know if you can schedule a mock auction draft on ESPN? Our newbie league is trying auction for the very first time and I'm thinking of scheduling one as a test for them if possible.

Yeah, I'll tell them to hide their true strategies. Otherwise, I've already told them to go into a mock auction on their own.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
You can create a new dummy league of you want to 'mock' an ESPN auction draft with your friends. Otherwise it's the public draft rooms

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

89 posted:

What does everybody think of Ingram and Jonathan Stewart this year? My current mocks for my main league with IDP has me landing them after taking Gronk/JJ Watt and then going WR/WR/RB/RB since I have 3 WR slots. Going for the most elite section of WRs with Gronk giving me a huge advantage at TE and obviously JJ Watt at DL

I like both guys. Not league-winners, but they should be solid RB2 types with big workloads coming up.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Footballguys.com gave away their Cracking Draft Kings and Cracking Fan Duel eBooks to some fans and it's literally a link to download it.

Enjoy

http://subscribers.footballguys.com/2015/15-cracking-fanduel-promo.php
http://subscribers.footballguys.com/2015/15-cracking-draftkings-promo.php

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Roster: 12 team PPR

-cam
-AP
- latavius Murray
- Antonio brown
- jordan Matthews
- michael Floyd
- Julius Thomas

- Arian foster
- chris ivory
- fjax
- jerrick McKinnon
- devin funchess
- tavon Austin
- Percy harvin

Was just offered Greg Olsen and Danny Woodhead for Julius Thomas and Arian Foster. Think I know the answer but wanted everybody's opinion.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

loving mash

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Another thing: keeper league. Foster was a 7.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Ty1990 posted:

Another thing: keeper league. Foster was a 7.

Despite that being A Very Important distinction because a healthy Foster next year at the cost of a 7th rounder is phenomenal value, I still think that for this season you need the TE boost the Olsen would bring.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

Ty1990 posted:

Roster: 12 team PPR

-cam
-AP
- latavius Murray
- Antonio brown
- jordan Matthews
- michael Floyd
- Julius Thomas

- Arian foster
- chris ivory
- fjax
- jerrick McKinnon
- devin funchess
- tavon Austin
- Percy harvin

Was just offered Greg Olsen and Danny Woodhead for Julius Thomas and Arian Foster. Think I know the answer but wanted everybody's opinion.
You would be trading 2 injured players for someone who will be a top 10, maybe top 5 TE. Do it.

Benne posted:

It begins
I feel like this year is the year of RB injuries. Last year was pretty chill with fewer top RB's missing on their ADP than I feel is usual (assuming you account for AP). I feel like this year will see 2 or 3 of the top 5 RBs miss big.

cheese fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Aug 16, 2015

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Spoeank posted:

Footballguys.com gave away their Cracking Draft Kings and Cracking Fan Duel eBooks to some fans and it's literally a link to download it.

Enjoy

http://subscribers.footballguys.com/2015/15-cracking-fanduel-promo.php
http://subscribers.footballguys.com/2015/15-cracking-draftkings-promo.php

Thanks for this. Hopefully I'll win so I can buy everyone in this thread red title avatars.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

old dog child posted:

Thanks for this. Hopefully I'll win so I can buy everyone in this thread red title avatars.

You won't

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
I wasn't going to buy those books anyways but I'm glad I didn't have to. Info was solid but I don't think it provided anything new that others haven't published previously.

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

In for the red avatar.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Metapod posted:

You won't

Well fine you don't get one!! :mad:

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
The red titles in this thread have already had such a promising start.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

MrSargent posted:

I can't remember if guys like Jeremy Hill... [was] being talked about pre draft last year

A man who missed The Great Jeremy Hill Wars of 2014

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Dandy Kaiser posted:

Seriously. I envy that man.

Mere skirmishes on the forefront of the Josh Gordon World War, however.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

Dandy Kaiser posted:

:smug:

Also: CJ Anderson is fine, you guys are hilarious. Never change, Fantasy Football thread.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
So, for quick reference of stuff I already know....last year's Jeremy Hills and Emmanuel Sanders.....what are the 2015 versions of those type of sleepers? No 2014 Charles Sims's allowed.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

89 posted:

So, for quick reference of stuff I already know....last year's Jeremy Hills and Emmanuel Sanders.....what are the 2015 versions of those type of sleepers? No 2014 Charles Sims's allowed.

Stevie Johnson, Perriman, Ryan Matthews and.... I dunno Ridley? Duke/Twest? Ronnie Hillman? Zo? Khiry? There's a lot of talent currently buried on depth charts, but who knows who will get the volume.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
I can't really think of player who compares to Jeremy hill this year. David Cobb maybe, but I think Sankey is way better than him and is in no danger of losing his job.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Papes posted:

I can't really think of player who compares to Jeremy hill this year. David Cobb maybe, but I think Sankey is way better than him and is in no danger of losing his job.

I would be beating the Zach Zenner drum right now if he didn't wind up behind Abdullah.

Three consecutive 2000-yard seasons (and two consecutive seasons with 25 TDs), SPARQ monster, low fumble rate, whip smart (premed with 3.87 GPA) and mature, hyper competitive and hardworking, decisive north-south running style, good hands, an all-in pass blocker, and lots of room for growth.

But again - Abdullah is a terror and it's improbable Zenner gets more than a handful of carries this year (he's even at risk of not even being active for games).

But if they try to sneak him through the practice squad and he gets poached, watch out.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Papes posted:

Cobb owns and will get plenty of reps. Remember whisenhunt played 4 hbs last year

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Had my first ever dynasty startup auction draft yesterday after months of planning and anticipation. After some technical hiccups, we switched to a manual auction system and it was a blast.

Here's my roster, how'd I do?

.5 PPR, 12 Teams
QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE/FLEX/DST/K

QB: Rivers, Palmer, Bortles
RB: Foster, Gore, Abdullah, Ivory, Matthews, Dunbar, Herron, Polk
WR: Dez, Allen Robinson, Landry, DJax, Larry Fitzgerald, Stevie Johnson, Marvin Jones, Josh Huff, Jeff Janis
TE: Gronk, Donnell
D/ST: Jets
K: Who gives a poo poo

Quarterroys fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Aug 16, 2015

Reggie Died
Mar 24, 2004
Question for Footballguys subscribers; is it possible to sync all the league settings/keepers/traded picks I've set up on the desktop Draft Dominator to their mobile app?

I've been staring at their Cloud settings for awhile but that only seems to sync their apps...

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Nice team, but I have never heard of this Who Gives A poo poo guy. He a sleeper?

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Cervixalot posted:

Had my first ever dynasty startup auction draft yesterday after months of planning and anticipation. After some technical hiccups, we switched to a manual auction system and it was a blast.

Here's my roster, how'd I do?

.5 PPR, 12 Teams
QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE/FLEX/DST/K

QB: Rivers, Palmer, Bortles
RB: Foster, Gore, Abdullah, Ivory, Matthews, Dunbar, Herron, Polk
WR: Dez, Allen Robinson, Landry, DJax, Larry Fitzgerald, Stevie Johnson, Marvin Jones, Josh Huff, Jeff Janis
TE: Gronk, Donnell
D/ST: Jets
K: Who gives a poo poo

We have another thread for team ratings.

Your RB1 position is dogshit. Gore as your effective RB1 may hurt more than help. You really need some luck that Joique won't be lead back for long and that the Jets take the training wheels off of Ivory's usage like they should have last season. Your WR2 leaves a bit to be desired but you have a slew of promising WR3s. Obviously strong at TE and if Donnell blows up early like last season, try to trade him away for an RB1.5 like Miller.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Suave Fedora posted:

We have another thread for team ratings.

Your RB1 position is dogshit. Gore as your effective RB1 may hurt more than help. You really need some luck that Joique won't be lead back for long and that the Jets take the training wheels off of Ivory's usage like they should have last season. Your WR2 leaves a bit to be desired but you have a slew of promising WR3s. Obviously strong at TE and if Donnell blows up early like last season, try to trade him away for an RB1.5 like Miller.

Missed that thread link this year. Whoops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Is there a goon league orphans thread or anything like that? I've been trying to jump into a league for a couple of years but they all fill up so quick and I don't really have the time to run another :sigh:

• Locked thread