Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

SirDan3k posted:

It's come up all of once since then though with a minor character I've forgotten the name of in Avengers Academy who might have been his daughter.
Finesse, who was one of the students and a central character. She also has photographic reflexes and her mom worked with Taskmaster in the past, but when she gets a chance to ask he honestly doesn't know because of the memory thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

Endless Mike posted:

No they need at least one guy who can fly. Justice League of Speedsters and Superman.

WickedHate posted:

Eh, I'm sure they could get away with saying Flash runs so fast he [technobabble] because [technobabble] and thus can fly.

Skwirl posted:

They've been pretty consistent about him needing either a ramp or the side of a building to run up as much as I can remember.

Jesse Quick and Johnny Quick are both part of the Flash family and can both fly.

Or, you know, they were part of the Flash family before Rebirth and the thereafter destruction of everything Waid ever did.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

If the Flash needs to get somewhere up high he can just build a stairway at super speed, he doesn't need to fly.

Rickety scaffolding appears out of nowhere in the middle of the ocean! In unrelated news, the Flash somehow saved an out of control jet liner today...

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
Or maybe just make swimming motions in the air. Or run around the curvature of the Earth so fast that he flies off at a tangent.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
When Wally was at his lower power levels he was able to jump out of a plane and wag his feet fast enough to slow down his descent. At his last recorded levels he can probably just jiggle on up into the stratosphere.

lifg
Dec 4, 2000
<this tag left blank>
Muldoon

Travis343 posted:

If the Flash needs to get somewhere up high he can just build a stairway at super speed, he doesn't need to fly.

Rickety scaffolding appears out of nowhere in the middle of the ocean! In unrelated news, the Flash somehow saved an out of control jet liner today...

China just did this: http://youtu.be/Gh8pcu-QU78

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

CapnAndy posted:

Finesse, who was one of the students and a central character. She also has photographic reflexes and her mom worked with Taskmaster in the past, but when she gets a chance to ask he honestly doesn't know because of the memory thing.

He also has no way of guaranteeing he'd remember Finesse herself, because she doesn't have anything unique about her body language or fighting style, just like Tasky himself.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Rhyno posted:

When Wally was at his lower power levels he was able to jump out of a plane and wag his feet fast enough to slow down his descent. At his last recorded levels he can probably just jiggle on up into the stratosphere.

Impulse and Max Mercury did this to a car in one of the early Impulse issues.

I really loved that book. Mark Waid writing and Ramos had not lost touch with reality yet.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
I just read a Spider-Man short story by Joe Hill and Seth Fisher about a Jackass-esque show called Fanboyz where a bunch of tools imitate superhero adventures and get hurt. This was in 2004, have they ever shown up again? It'd be even more appropriate today with all the stupid "prank" videos on YouTube.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
How was The Mighty Thor 382 the 300th issue of Thor?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Has Grant Morrison ever written anything where he isn't a character?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Uthor posted:

How was The Mighty Thor 382 the 300th issue of Thor?

Because they continued the numbering from Journey into Mystery. Thor was introduced in #83 so they're counting from that (even though the name of the paper wasn't changed until later).

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Jerry Cotton posted:

Has Grant Morrison ever written anything where he isn't a character?

All-Star Superman and Multiversity just off the top of my head. I don't think he showed up in We3 did he?

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Senor Candle posted:

All-Star Superman and Multiversity just off the top of my head. I don't think he showed up in We3 did he?

Not to my knowledge. Really it was just Animal Man and (kinda) Seven Soldiers, as far as I know.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Senior Woodchuck posted:

Not to my knowledge. Really it was just Animal Man and (kinda) Seven Soldiers, as far as I know.

Flex Mentallo.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
The Filth, too.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

The only times I can really remember him being a character were Animal Man and the Invisibles anyways, and I mean it's not like King Mob was literally Morrison

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Even in his New X-Men run Quire is basically him as a lovely kid. Was he in Invisibles?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Opopanax posted:

The only times I can really remember him being a character were Animal Man and the Invisibles anyways, and I mean it's not like King Mob was literally Morrison

You're right, King Mob was a bald British author named Kirk Morrison. Obviously completely different.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
So the last issue of Fables came out and much to the chagrin of my wallet, it's a trade paperback sized graphic novel. This is nice and all, and the stories were good, and I'm happy HOWEVER I have horrific OCD and I need to now store this monstrosity in a long box with the rest of the series. I'm having a surprising amount of difficulty finding bags/boards for trade paperbacks - anyone have any recommendations?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

muscles like this? posted:

You're right, King Mob was a bald British author named Kirk Morrison. Obviously completely different.

Yeah see, exactly, Grant's Scottish

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Medullah posted:

So the last issue of Fables came out and much to the chagrin of my wallet, it's a trade paperback sized graphic novel. This is nice and all, and the stories were good, and I'm happy HOWEVER I have horrific OCD and I need to now store this monstrosity in a long box with the rest of the series. I'm having a surprising amount of difficulty finding bags/boards for trade paperbacks - anyone have any recommendations?

I just tried and my copy of Dark Knight Returns fits with room to spare inside a silver age bag. If you really need a board, a modern/current sized board should fit, or cut down a silver age one.

If the Fables book is larger, a golden age bag will be bigger.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Uthor posted:

I just tried and my copy of Dark Knight Returns fits with room to spare inside a silver age bag. If you really need a board, a modern/current sized board should fit, or cut down a silver age one.

If the Fables book is larger, a golden age bag will be bigger.

Yeah I guess I don't need a board. I think I have some Silver Age bags around...somewhere...in the basement...it's scary there if I don't come back send help.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Medullah posted:

in the basement...it's scary there if I don't come back send help comic books and snacks.

Fixed that for you.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Opopanax posted:

Scottish people are British.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Basements are scary places

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Opopanax posted:

And as The Writer during later-era Suicide Squad. Morrison didn't have anything to actually do with the issues, though.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Aug 16, 2015

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Opopanax posted:

Captain Cold in New Frontier

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

China also just did this.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

redbackground posted:

And as The Writer during later-era Suicide Squad. Morrison didn't have anything to actually do with the issues, though.

That's what happened to the version of himself that he added into Animal Man so he could talk to Buddy directly.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

muscles like this? posted:

That's what happened to the version of himself that he added into Animal Man so he could talk to Buddy directly.
Exactly. I meant he didn't like come back to co-write the SS issues or anything.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Does Grant Morrison even... exist?!?!?!?!?!?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Jerry Cotton posted:

I don't think there's proof one way or the the other.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Jerry Cotton posted:

Yes, but as a holographic representation on a higher plane. The one we know as the writer is just a fiction suit he uses

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

His underwear ad with the lipstick on the junk is as real as it gets.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

Jerry Cotton posted:

Unfortunately.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

irlZaphod posted:

Scottish people are British.

Opopanax posted:

Yeah, you basically just said "Frank Miller's not American, he's from Maryland!"

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Gaz-L posted:

Yeah, you basically just said "Frank Miller's not American, he's from Maryland!"

That would be an appropriate comparison if Maryland had just tried to secede from the United States last year.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
So Texas then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

that's not anywhere close