Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, I remember AoA Kitty had strap-on claws.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
She could be some weird blend of AoA Kitty and X-Men Forever Kitty, who had implanted claws for some reason I've repressed.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Really liking Star Lord and Kitty.

Anyway. How did Ultimates Reed become the Maker? I read all of Ultimate F4 and Ultimatum. I must be missing something between then and Secret Wars?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Affi posted:

Really liking Star Lord and Kitty.

Anyway. How did Ultimates Reed become the Maker? I read all of Ultimate F4 and Ultimatum. I must be missing something between then and Secret Wars?

After ultimatum. Read Ultimate Doom / Mystery / Enemy then jump to Ultimate Comics Ultimates by Hickman.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

X-O posted:

Cosmic Kitty is not in A-Force, that's a new character named Singularity.

They can say that, but it's hard to believe because the two characters look exactly the same.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide

twistedmentat posted:

They can say that, but it's hard to believe because the two characters look exactly the same.

That's racist against cosmic beings of immeasurable power!

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

After ultimatum. Read Ultimate Doom / Mystery / Enemy then jump to Ultimate Comics Ultimates by Hickman.

In that order?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Affi posted:

In that order?

Yes. The Maker stuff is in Hickman's Ultimates but the set up is in the other comics.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Affi posted:

In that order?

That's 99% of it. There is a very short segment between those two series set in Ultimate Fallout 3 I think where Hickman properly begins writing Ultimate Reed.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA

muscles like this? posted:

Yes. The Maker stuff is in Hickman's Ultimates but the set up is in the other comics.

I'm just reacting since Ultimate Doom is released after Enemy and Mystery..

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Affi posted:

I'm just reacting since Ultimate Doom is released after Enemy and Mystery..

Go in publication order, he probably just didn't remember the names of individual minis.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

So, was issue 4 of Battleworld the last one? Comixology is telling me it's discontinued my subscription.

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

Yep. Last one. Most of the tie ins were at least 5 issues, but a few, like Battleworld and Masters of Kung Fu, were only 4.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
I want all the anthologies to go on for years like Star Wars Tales.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

So, in Civil War, it's being telepgraphed pretty blatantly that Peter Parker is betraying Steve Rogers in order to get back to his family , right?

I mean, the overall mystery hasn't really been fleshed out yet, but I don't know what other angle they could be going for, especially with issue 2 ending the way it did.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

No, I don't think so. It would be massively out of character for Peter to knowingly lead a group of people into their deaths or a trap. If Pete went alone, I could buy that theory.

Besides, it's easy to see that Peter hates Tony's guts. I highly doubt he'd take up an offer to betray Cap for Stark, even if it meant getting his family back. Peter would take that more as an insult than anything else.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

It wouldn't surprise me if it was Nick Fury Classic antagonizing both sides in order for them to kill each other and let normal people live.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Jiro posted:

It wouldn't surprise me if it was Nick Fury Classic antagonizing both sides in order for them to kill each other and let normal people live.

Is this version of Civil War also going to end with them fighting a Nanomachine possessed Nick Fury?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Jiro posted:

I don't think turning America into two separate countries is letting normal people live.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

I don't think turning America into two separate countries is letting normal people live.

Yes, but what I was saying this is all pointing towards both sides super heroes mutants etc killing each other leaving either some remnants of villains left or just normal citizens left to govern themselves thus uniting the country again. Nick Fury classic would totally be able to pull that off.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
It was obviously Black Panther curtailing American influence on the rest of the world.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I wasn't a huge fan of the last SW issue, the stuff with Valeria's FF was really good and the ending was brilliant setup for what's next, but the exposition between Doom and Molecule Man felt really clunky.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

I'm going back and reading Hickman's run leading up to Secret Wars. I started with Fantastic Four 570, and I'm now on FF is there a reading order to follow? Or do I read all of FF and the jump onto Avengers/New Avengers?

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

KidDynamite posted:

I'm going back and reading Hickman's run leading up to Secret Wars. I started with Fantastic Four 570, and I'm now on FF is there a reading order to follow? Or do I read all of FF and the jump onto Avengers/New Avengers?

First thing first you goofed up and missed F4: Dark Reign which is the beginning of his F4 and was the debut of the bridge which is important in Avengers. Once you hit FF in his run there are like 12 issues of that, then it starts alternating between FF and F4, you should just read them in the order they were published in. Are you using Marvel Unlimited?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

KidDynamite posted:

Here's the reading order for his Fantastic Four run.

*see images below that Hickman tweeted*

And here's the Avengers reading order

X-O fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Aug 17, 2015

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Here is a more parseable reading list for Avengers as well.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kXN9H4EYsw8c_QeDdSdemJioWeAqXAnznwTtPGUoBmE/edit#gid=0

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

KidDynamite posted:

After FF 5:

After reading all of the FF/F4 issues, then move on to A/NA, yes.

Thanks for linking my spreadsheet, Senor Candle. :hf:

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

redbackground posted:

Thanks for linking my spreadsheet, Senor Candle. :hf:

I've got that sucker on my toolbar.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ĄTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!
So I'm about to start this undertaking of FF/Avengers/NA and I was wondering, should I just read all of Dark Reign? I know the F4 part of it ties it, but it the Cabal in it too.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
its a different cabal. only overlap is namor, king of the super assholes. it also has doom in it i guess

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

El Tortuga posted:

So I'm about to start this undertaking of FF/Avengers/NA and I was wondering, should I just read all of Dark Reign? I know the F4 part of it ties it, but it the Cabal in it too.

Dark Reign isn't an actual title but a status quo so there really is no "reading" it. The Cabal in Dark Reign is active, to varying degrees, in dozens of different books. Sometimes they appear and it doesn't even have DARK REIGN slapped on it.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

jsoh posted:

its a different cabal. only overlap is namor, king of the super assholes. it also has doom in it i guess

notthegoatseguy posted:

Dark Reign isn't an actual title but a status quo so there really is no "reading" it. The Cabal in Dark Reign is active, to varying degrees, in dozens of different books. Sometimes they appear and it doesn't even have DARK REIGN slapped on it.

That's good to know.

Is Hickman's F4/FF run that essential, or can I just go into Avengers? I can already tell the answer will be yes, but I've never been that into the F4 on their own and enjoy them much more in their interactions with the rest of the Marvel universe.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
well, the ff and f4 run has a whole lot of overlap between other marvel universes, and then also with the marvel universe. its also a pretty good comic imo

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

jsoh posted:

well, the ff and f4 run has a whole lot of overlap between other marvel universes, and then also with the marvel universe. its also a pretty good comic imo

Well then, looks now I'm spending my time in between new releases.

I know it's been posted some time ago, but what's the reading order for the story of Ult. Reed? Secret Wars has been making me realize just how out of the comic look I've been.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

This will get you up to date on his recent characterization of "The Maker." Earlier stuff isn't that important since before his turn he wasn't really all that different from regular Reed.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

El Tortuga posted:

That's good to know.

Is Hickman's F4/FF run that essential, or can I just go into Avengers? I can already tell the answer will be yes, but I've never been that into the F4 on their own and enjoy them much more in their interactions with the rest of the Marvel universe.
It's not *really* essential to Avengers/New Avengers/Secret Wars, if that's what you're asking. It's real good comics, though, and there's some story threads that follow from it, however.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

This will get you up to date on his recent characterization of "The Maker." Earlier stuff isn't that important since before his turn he wasn't really all that different from regular Reed.

I have that quoted order wrong so when you look them up figure out which one starts first since I already forgot. Also there's a 6 page short story in Ultimate Fallout 3 where Hickman begins writing Ultimate Reed. Also,

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

There is a very short segment between those two series set in Ultimate Fallout 3 I think where Hickman properly begins writing Ultimate Reed.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

If you're looking at trades the Ultimate Doomsday trade has them in order. The order of the minis is Enemy->Mystery->Doom.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

El Tortuga posted:

That's good to know.

As someone who only read A/NA I would say No. That being said I feel like there is stuff I'm missing with Valeria and the Future Foundation in the newest issue of Secret Wars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

SalTheBard posted:

As someone who only read A/NA I would say No. That being said I feel like there is stuff I'm missing with Valeria and the Future Foundation in the newest issue of Secret Wars

Eh, it's just them all grown up, so aside from a change in character design, you aren't missing anything.

• Locked thread