Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?

Deeters posted:

I-95 through Virginia sucks. It was 10 at night, the speed limit is 70, and it was heavy traffic flowing at 60-65. Screw you, Virginians. I'm going back North where everyone is bitter and drives 80 while texting.

Holy gently caress be happy it was at least moving. I have spent 5 hours trying to make it from Richmond to DC. Same thing on the way back at night.

Also, don't speed in VA unless you like being in jail. 20+ over or what ever else they deem as reckless driving will do it. One of my coworkers learned this the hard way. Just don't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Life is like a hurricane here in Duckberg

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

Deeters posted:

I-95 through Virginia sucks. It was 10 at night, the speed limit is 70, and it was heavy traffic flowing at 60-65. Screw you, Virginians. I'm going back North where everyone is bitter and drives 80 while texting.

ALLLLLWAAAAAYYYYYS take 301 from Richmond to Philly. Nova and DC/Baltimore is a lost hellscape.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

corn in the fridge posted:

why are so many ppl itt angry or depressed??

Depression sucks and has no real rhyme or reason. I have an awesome marriage and an absurd job where I'm making more than I ever dreamed and I still get bouts where I don't want to get out of bed.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

Comrade Flynn posted:

Depression sucks and has no real rhyme or reason. I have an awesome marriage and an absurd job where I'm making more than I ever dreamed and I still get bouts where I don't want to get out of bed.

What is your job?

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Put me in the "doing pretty ok" column. Currently sitting at the Miami airport waiting for my flight to Grenada. See you fine gentlegoons in a week!

Maybe Nova progress will happen when I get back.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Average, happy, also been sick with something but still happy :unsmith:

I think everyone struggles with some form of depression and/or anxiety in the first world. Too little purposeful jobs to make you feel good and all that.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
I thoroughly recommend psych drugs (but the right ones! some people need dopamine some people need serotonin, some people need combinations, some people need others!).

Today I need to wash clothes and car, but probably will only wash clothes because :effort:

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

rdb posted:

Holy gently caress be happy it was at least moving. I have spent 5 hours trying to make it from Richmond to DC. Same thing on the way back at night.

Also, don't speed in VA unless you like being in jail. 20+ over or what ever else they deem as reckless driving will do it. One of my coworkers learned this the hard way. Just don't.
I'll consider myself lucky then, no one mentioned this when I was driving the E28 back. Traffic was flying and that car hauls rear end.

Adiabatic posted:

ALLLLLWAAAAAYYYYYS take 301 from Richmond to Philly. Nova and DC/Baltimore is a lost hellscape.
So glad the seller and google maps recommended that route, had very little traffic on my way to your house.

Now I'm craving another E28 road trip...wonder if there's any good concerts coming up in Atlanta or Miami. I should fix the cruise control before the next extended trip.

Need to figure out a good 'track box' to toss all the miscellaneous junk I need to carry around with the 125. Tire warmers, sprockets, jetting, pistons, fluids, etc. Have a track toolbox that's ready to go but a big cardboard box that's falling apart isn't going to cut it for the other stuff.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Mooseykins posted:

What is your job?

Co-Founder of http://mobilegamepartners.com/

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

Oh wow.

I can almost operate my phone. Technology is not my strong point.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Nowt foolish about these muffins honey.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I'd write this on the side of my car if you bought me a 800hp lsx v8
Consider it a sponsored suicide
I'll get to work on the powerpoint

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Bape Culture posted:

I'd write this on the side of my car if you bought me a 800hp lsx v8
Consider it a sponsored suicide
I'll get to work on the powerpoint

Would you do a burnout?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

meatpimp posted:

Would you do a burnout?

Hell. I'd write the company name in 11s and Fillm it from a drone

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Depression and anxiety run in my family. My cousin and I have it the worst. I've been on a borderline panic attack/butterflies in my stomach feeling ever since the poo poo went down at my old job last month and my meds aren't doing anything. It's torture right now. Since I lost my dope rear end health insurance I gotta sign up for Mass Health soon too.

At my parents' house for dinner. It's so quiet here without the pup. :smith:

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

corn in the fridge posted:

why are so many ppl itt angry or depressed??

I'm annoyed that I overslept so bad. But I have issues sleeping, so I usually take benadryl (well, generic diphenhydramine). Couldn't find it last night, so I took librium instead.

.... slept a good 14 hours, I guess I needed it. Wanted to be up about 6 hours ago though. :smith: I did wake up at one point to my cat kneading my chin :3: so it wasn't all bad. Still drowsy as hell though.

CharlesM posted:

Is your network cable rated for wall use?

Yes.

kastein posted:

I can't decide if I want to pay off my last student loan by Christmas (leaving only some property taxes) or actually have a heated, insulated house this winter.

With as brutal as your winters are, I'd go for heated and insulated.

Pham Nuwen posted:

The Mazda pickup made a big fucken noise on the freeway today, goddamn--you don't hear a lot of backfires these days. Scared the poo poo out of my wife, who from now on will never again trust this pickup.

My old F-150 had a hidden switch under the dash that killed power to the ignition system. It was fun to hit it with my foot on the highway, leave it off a few seconds, then turn it back on. KAFUCKINGBOOM! Made a lot of friends (and people in cars around me) jump.

... gave up on the idea of mufflers and switched to glasspacks after a few times though.

365 Nog Hogger posted:

I thoroughly recommend psych drugs (but the right ones! some people need dopamine some people need serotonin, some people need combinations, some people need others!).

Today I need to wash clothes and car, but probably will only wash clothes because :effort:

I've been on Celexa for a bit over a year. Made a big difference in my moods and anxiety.

.... it's also killed off most of my sex drive. :smith: But I'm not in a relationship at the moment, so that's not that big of a deal.

Car and clothes also need washing. It'll probably be the car that gets the attention, it's only supposed to be 96 today :neckbeard: and the interior floorboards are packed full of empty water bottles and pizza tickets. Car itself has a bunch of tree sap on it. :argh:

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
Got sweaty as poo poo putting the kickpanel and underdash panel thing back in the e30 so now I am hiding in my (poorly) air conditioned apartment before doing the actual chores.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

some texas redneck posted:

With as brutal as your winters are, I'd go for heated and insulated.

Ehhhh. I have been here for four winters without either and I am kinda used to it now. I've been told I was born about 100 years too late which isn't too far off the mark in some ways. There may be extenuating circumstances this year however which would make the choice easy.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Comrade Flynn posted:

I hear ya, When my son was born I was on top of the world, then went through a bad bout of depression because it made me come to terms with my own childhood being loveless and lovely. Therapy helped me big time, taught me how to deal with it without drugs which didn't help at all. Exercise helps a lot too, although I've been slacking in that department lately.

There shouldn't be any shame in it, sometimes when I mention to people I know that I've been to therapy they seem shocked, but it can happen to anybody.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Mother of gently caress. My neighbor has a pipe leaking and it's loving my house up. Like 30% of the carpet downstairs is soaked through. What do I do? This is babby's first house so I'm really at a loss for ideas on who to call? Plumber? Insurance company? The neighbor has someone coming and her water is shut off, but wtf do I do with soaked carpet? Please help!

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Soak up as much water as possible, vaccum the carpet to get even more up. Keep water from being trapped and causing mold to grow. If its bad enough, consider pulling that part of the carpet up to expose the padding and get it dry that way, then putting the carpet back.

Elmnt80 fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Aug 16, 2015

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Elmnt80 posted:

Soak up as much water as possible, vaccum the carpet to get even more up. Keep water from being trapped and causing mold to grow. If its bad enough, consider pulling that part of the carpet up to expose the padding and get it dry that way, then putting the carpet back.

Also, borrow / buy a Shop Vac if you don't already have one. One of those should help get a lot of it up.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Also, homeowners insurance. This sort of thing is why you pay for it.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Got the lovely tint off the side windows of the pickup. The Windex + trashbag method worked pretty nicely; the whole thing came off in a sheet on the passenger side, but since the driver's side is always getting rolled up and down the film was all fucky and came off in a bunch of little strips.

Working on the back window now :getin:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

BloodBag posted:

Mother of gently caress. My neighbor has a pipe leaking and it's loving my house up. Like 30% of the carpet downstairs is soaked through. What do I do? This is babby's first house so I'm really at a loss for ideas on who to call? Plumber? Insurance company? The neighbor has someone coming and her water is shut off, but wtf do I do with soaked carpet? Please help!

If you're a home owner you need to own a shop vac, go buy one and get to sucking up water, then run some fans over it once you get up all the water you can.

also get one of these http://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-1-7-8-in-Wet-Nozzle-Vacuum-Attachment-VT1710/100638361

and two of these http://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-2-1-2-in-Extension-Wand-VT2508/100050604

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Aug 16, 2015

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

double post, wtf

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

leica posted:

If you're a home owner you need to own a shop vac, go buy one and get to sucking up water, then run some fans over it once you get up all the water you can.

Also, if your in a water pronish area its worth buying a dehumidifier. I kept one in my basement, it didn't run that much, but it kept that basement smell away, which was worth it to me.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

leica posted:

also get one of these http://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-1-7-8-in-Wet-Nozzle-Vacuum-Attachment-VT1710/100638361

and two of these http://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-2-1-2-in-Extension-Wand-VT2508/100050604

It's been seeping for days, I'm going to have to rip up carpet and throw it out. I already smell mold. I hope she gets a plumber loving fast. I'll be using my trusty wagon to pick this up in about 5 minutes.. http://www.lowes.com/pd_549705-20097-5920611_1z11p8g__?productId=50159051&pl=1#img

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

some texas redneck posted:

Most HDMI cables aren't rated for in-wall use. So if there's a fire somewhere down the line, insurance takes one look at that and goes "why the gently caress is this in the wall?", even though there's roughly a 0.00001% chance it was related to the fire.

Besides, I just priced the cheapest of HDMI cables (Monoprice) - one of sufficient length is well over $50.

I'm beginning to think that when it comes to anything insurance related, the US is loving awful.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Deeters posted:

lol you drove I-95

Never, ever drive I-95.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

So my stepdad is always eating anything I leave in the fridge, even if I leave my name on it. I often take my lunch to work, so that fucks me over when he eats my lunch overnight.

(I do have a fridge in my room, but sometimes I make a big batch of something that won't fit, and I can't put anything hot in it without causing it to warm up inside and run nonstop all night - it's my old dorm fridge and doesn't have a fan in it to circulate air)

I keep telling him I'm going to booby trap something with habaneos. Well, I just picked up The Creeper from Torchy's Tacos. The menu board at the restaurant said it was "1,000,000 Scoville". I figured I'd go ahead and cut 1/3 off and try it myself, to see what I'd be subjecting him to (also it's pickled onions, not pickles and onions).

My god it's loving DELISH, but not nearly as hot as they claim. :smith: My lips went numb for a couple of minutes, but that was the worst of it. They still kind of tingle now (it's been about 10 minutes), but I've also put diced habaneos on pizza before, so my tolerance for spicy food might be a little skewed.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Aug 17, 2015

MonkeyNutZ
Dec 26, 2008

"A cave isn't gonna cut it, we're going to have to use Beebo"
Today was a good day; 8 hours to strip the car including assembling the hoist, pulling the dash, engine, and entire wiring harness.

Most adorably small clutch and flywheel

Also, Police Interceptors are the best trucks

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

88h88 posted:

I'm beginning to think that when it comes to anything insurance related, the US is loving awful.

I'm curious, what's wrong with saying "you shouldn't run cables in a wall that lack a fire retardant outer jacket"?

If you just run any regular cable through multiple joists it potentially allows the fire to spread sideways when the jacket catches fire and drips molten flaming plastic into the next cavity over.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Had a spat with the girlfriend yesterday, today she tells me why. Her dad has Stage 4 Pancreatic Cancer, his doctors have told him he has something like a 1% chance of survival from what she was told yesterday. Has he not ignored his fatigue, weight loss and lack of appetite for the last year they might have had a better chance at treatment.

The rest of this year is going to suck so loving bad.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
STR is your step dad gonna beat you up if you spike his leftovers? Or is it a different kind of step dad?

I've only seen the Disney movies.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Ugh, wedding stuff is so expensive... I could have built a wicked awesome new project car with just half of what this is going to cost :(

Do wedding guests really need to eat? (Seriously, the catering is miles ahead in being the single most expensive on the list)

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Bajaha posted:

Ugh, wedding stuff is so expensive... I could have built a wicked awesome new project car with just half of what this is going to cost :(

Do wedding guests really need to eat? (Seriously, the catering is miles ahead in being the single most expensive on the list)

We found a venue that did catering too; it came out... less completely insane, and the food was good. If you've already got a venue picked that's not an option of course.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Oh we're way past the point of no return. We budgeted about $20k all in for ~90-100 people, but it's looking like it's closer to 130 guests now and that means more $$$. The catering isn't terrible pricing, it just really adds up with that many people. Plus we're going fancy with walk around appetizers at cocktail hour, a nice 3 course meal, and a really comprehensive late lunch with glassware and the works for after dinner.

When we did the taste testing it was divine. The food is one is the things I'm really looking forward to at the reception, it just sucks that now it's the time to write all those checks for the big day :(

E: catering is coming up as almost half the final cost of the wedding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Some weekends you stay in and watch Netflix; some weekends you acquire Strange Things from coworkers and drive home on expired tags hoping you don't get pulled over.

• Locked thread