Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I seem to remember someone saying you can RP walk past the second dragon to the chest without waking him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

POLICE CAR AUCTION posted:

Hullbreaker also has a super fun last boss.

wrong

brennon
Sep 15, 2004

Ciaphas posted:

Yeah, post-50 DRK is quite satisfying really, especially the conclusion at 60. Can't hold a candle to 30-50 DRK, but nothing in this game really can :v:

I found the rogue and ninja lines were far better than the DRK ones even

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Any fights that includes parts from noted best piece of content Turn 3 are good and fun.

POLICE CAR AUCTION posted:

Do whatever, they're pretty much all great except for Copperbell, which is a flaming turd.

gently caress that bridge.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
FATES are super boring but it's definitely the fastest way of doing 40-50 as a dps, queue times are lovely.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
Copperbell HM is fun though, especially when your tank pulls the entire bridge???

Like, I'm sick of it now, but I remember not hating the dungeon.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

The problem isn't with the content itself, it is with how good the general player base is at handling it. And they're very bad at Copperbell HM

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Boten Anna posted:

I usually--and generally see other tanks--skip dragons except the treasure chest one.

You can RP walk up to the chest to get it without aggroing the dragon, he's sound aggro

:themoreyouknow:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Ciaphas posted:

You can RP walk up to the chest to get it without aggroing the dragon, he's sound aggro

:themoreyouknow:

Thank you for confirming for me. I haven't ran that dungeon in a while.

also an HQ 133 axe is better than the dreadwyrm. You lose a couple points of strength and vit, but it has the same weapon damage and killer substats.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

ilifinicus posted:

The problem isn't with the content itself, it is with how good the general player base is at handling it. And they're very bad at Copperbell HM

This is true. First drat boss even.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Tam-Tara Hard also has my favorite plot of any non-story dungeon in the game.

Emnity
Sep 24, 2009

King of Scotland
Started playing this a few days ago and loving it, dont get much game time though due to kids and work hours so hitting level 25. I keep reading this thread out of interest but 90% of it is acronyms I dont know and gibberish names.

Thanks though, it will be useful to me one day.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

I would run HLDR every day if mobs in it gave XP.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Mr. Nice! posted:

Thank you for confirming for me. I haven't ran that dungeon in a while.

also an HQ 133 axe is better than the dreadwyrm. You lose a couple points of strength and vit, but it has the same weapon damage and killer substats.
Isn't strength a big enough deal and substats a small enough deal that this is not better?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

vOv posted:

Tam-Tara Hard also has my favorite plot of any dungeon in the game.

You added some extra words there, I fixed it.

Reminds me, which one has the psych out with the victory music? Tam Tara hard has the crazy transition.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

hobbesmaster posted:

You added some extra words there, I fixed it.

Reminds me, which one has the psych out with the victory music? Tam Tara hard has the crazy transition.

Wanderer's Palace hard mode has the toberry interrupt.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Zereth posted:

Isn't strength a big enough deal and substats a small enough deal that this is not better?

The dreadwyrm bardiche has 57 str, 53 parry, and 26 det. An HQ 133 titanium axe has 56 strength, 52 crit, and 25 det. You lose one point of str and det whicl getting 52 crit in return. It's about a 30 DPS difference on a target dummy.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Fair enough.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Dr Pepper posted:

FATEs are fun to jump in from time to time while traveling.

FATE grinding is boring as sin.

This, btw. I don't really like pushing the idea that levelling exclusively through FATEs is a good idea, it fills endgame with absolute dipshits who haven't even learned the basics for how to play their class (and terrible gear), and yeah yeah sometimes you just want something mindless and don't have time or, of course, are in a DPS queue and need something to do, that's what they're there for, and any time I said otherwise I was being silly and hyperbolic. However, I suspect that a bunch of people who start tunnelvisioning on it as the only way to level burn out then go blather about how the game is boring and has no content but leave out the part where they refuse to do any of it, which isn't really healthy for the game.

Of loving course everyone is free to do what they want and if you want to burn yourself out on FATE grinding or just love it for whatever reason, knock yourself out, I have a Zeta weapon, I get it, go hog wild. Just, you know, be honest with yourself and others.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
My biggest issue with FATE grinding as a DPS is that I like to do it while queueing for a dungeon, but because I'm queued, I can't have my chocobo out to get it exp / help kill mobs. I really hope they patch in queueing with your bird out. That whole concept reeks of 1.0.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
I recall them saying that the thing with birbs is that it's something embedded really deep in the party system as a whole or something

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Yeah, they want to fix it but it's harder than it should be.

My personal annoyance with queues is that if I queue for EXDR as a BLM but then switch to SMN for FATE grinding/hunting, whenever the queue pops I have to run away from what I'm fighting, switch back to BLM, and then wait as long as possible so that my skills will come off cooldown.

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)
Of the Seven Visions of Seven Trials of the Incarnate, I have now fulfilled the Fifth Trial.
If they ever redo the queuing system, I hope we get the ability to queue as one or more roles instead of just a single class. Let you accept the queue on anything, then give you a 30 second grace period at the start to change into whatever role you got picked for.

While I'm dreaming, it would be nice if they let us re-confirm our roles when someone leaves a group and you need to refill the party. That was really nice with WoW's group finder - a few times I'd be in as DPS, but switch to tank after the tank dropped so we could get a replacement faster.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

If we're talking about the best queueing system ever, I'd like to be able to queue for EXDR/A3/A4 as a BLM and LLDR as a SMN/DRK simultaneously.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

vOv posted:

Yeah, they want to fix it but it's harder than it should be.

My personal annoyance with queues is that if I queue for EXDR as a BLM but then switch to SMN for FATE grinding/hunting, whenever the queue pops I have to run away from what I'm fighting, switch back to BLM, and then wait as long as possible so that my skills will come off cooldown.

Don't all cooldowns refresh upon zoning into an instance?

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

seorin posted:

If they ever redo the queuing system, I hope we get the ability to queue as one or more roles instead of just a single class. Let you accept the queue on anything, then give you a 30 second grace period at the start to change into whatever role you got picked for.

While I'm dreaming, it would be nice if they let us re-confirm our roles when someone leaves a group and you need to refill the party. That was really nice with WoW's group finder - a few times I'd be in as DPS, but switch to tank after the tank dropped so we could get a replacement faster.

I really do wish the queuing system instead of just making you go in as whatever you queued as, you could pick a gearset each for healer, dps, and tank, and choose one or all three of the roles to queue as. Everything in that gearset is locked and cannot be removed from inventory or the gearset updated while enqueue. Probably slot 25 (and 24 as well on the rings) in your armory chest are locked out and reserved just in case because of the dipshittery concerning how it handles gearsets. When you enter the dungeon, the gearset is force equipped and grats you're whatever role. Queues are faster for everyone because the matchmaking system has more leeway in choosing the roles that need to be filled.

This seems like it'd work the best and be easiest to implement based on my best guesses as to how the low level poo poo on the backend works and where it, well, doesn't, as well as how to make an interface that's not hard to use. Hell it could even be something you toggle in advanced options or do a quest to unlock so it doesn't scare new people or whatever.

Boten Anna fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Aug 16, 2015

BattleCake
Mar 12, 2012

Skanker posted:

Hey I'd love to jump in as a healer. I did turn 1 in 2.0 and haven't touched coil since. I'm probably not able to get on tonight but send Jelly Queen a friend request tomorrow if you got a spot :shobon:

Hey Jelly, I've tried to add you in-game and get in touch with you to no avail. Around when will you be online next? Thanks!

Garin
Oct 18, 2007

Kick Jonathan
Hi guys have a Where's Waldo.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Garin posted:

My dragoon does not exist because I only have lancer high enough for Invigorate, what's the punchline?

Garin
Oct 18, 2007

Kick Jonathan
Start at fracture and keep going down.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
:stare:

Skanker
Mar 21, 2013

BattleCake posted:

Hey Jelly, I've tried to add you in-game and get in touch with you to no avail. Around when will you be online next? Thanks!

Had some real life stuff intervene this weekend, sorry. I'm around all week again now :)

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum

Boten Anna posted:

Of loving course everyone is free to do what they want and if you want to burn yourself out on FATE grinding or just love it for whatever reason, knock yourself out, I have a Zeta weapon, I get it, go hog wild. Just, you know, be honest with yourself and others.

You know, there were other ways to grind for Zeta light other than FATEs.

I'm joking.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Garin posted:

Why is my 0% care not represented on this chart

Mr. Leonheart
Oct 14, 2007

All I know is that to me
You look like you're havin' fun

Garin posted:

This is honestly the funniest thing I've seen today

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

I posit the statement that tanks should tank everything always and forever and any tank that tries to avoid the opportunity to be hit by things while sweeping a bladed weapon through the fodder isn't doing it right :black101:

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

Also i always choose human like races in game cause i'm happy with my RL look, i'm super handsome from what many womens i meet in life told me and i whant to show this in games i play but not always game allow me to do this

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Rei_ posted:

Why is my 0% care not represented on this chart

because it's 0%

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garin