Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

To me th funniest improv for humans is still the only hi-c you'll be getting is the high seas, after we throw you in the fuckin ocean. You're on kid trap.

We cut to.....spago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

grilldos posted:

Does anyone happen to have Gelmania eps 2-15?

I have em all on itunes, if you know what's the best method of transferring them I can help out.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

ArtVandelay posted:

One of my favorites is with Lauren lapkus where a kid finds out his parents are an amalgamation of squirrels. Later on in life his girlfriend is secretly a vagina possum. EVERYTHING IS ANIMALS.

Fleshlight superhero team.

But the best episode is These Fat Crackas.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
My favorite I4H moment that wasn't inside of a scene was Lapkus feeling miserable and ashamed after doing 3 anal-related scenes in one episode, and despairing that she was complicit. It was such a wonderful insight into the performer's plight.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
Have you guys updated Howl - the Earwolf app - yet? On iOS, seeing the launch of a new premium subscription service.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
Oh boy, I guess I can stop listening to CBB if they decide to paywall their top podcasts.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I don't have the app, any details on what it actually is/pricing?

For some Earwolf podcasts I'd actually probably pay for a subscription thing like NNF's Player's Club where you get the video + extra episodes

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Howl is now the "official Earwolf, Wolfpop, and WTF with Marc Maron app". $5 a month for some exclusive "miniseries", live eps and albums, and Maron's back catalog. New weird non-comedy miniseries from Lapkus where she visits psychics to find out if they are real or some weird poo poo?

Some screens:

http://imgur.com/a/CkbZj

Lapkus' dad is the most boring guy ever, and a psychic told him his son had an intestine problem, and 8 years later the son was diagnosed with Crohn's. Psychics are totally real, guys.

Brock Samson fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Aug 16, 2015

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Standup albums (back catalog) from favorite guests like PFT, some live shows from store (and not), old eps with no ads (will we lose access to the back catalogue?) and a few exclusive shows and miniseries, by the look of it. Think it's 5 or 6 a month in Canada bucks.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Never expected Lapkus was one of those people who are super invested in psychics.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Eel hovercraft posted:

Oh boy, I guess I can stop listening to CBB if they decide to paywall their top podcasts.

I can't imagine that will be the end result, it would harm Midroll to put any of their big boys behind a paywall, and reduce the exposure that they have. Which is the primary motivation for the guests and such. But it's a nice option for people who don't mind dropping $5 a month to get rid of ads, and give them some direct cash that would easily amount to more than their ad rate would be hurt.

Also most people will be enticed by the specials and then just not cancel the monthly charge because we are lazy and it works.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

With Hollywood Handbook it should be $5 to keep the ads

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Beeez posted:

Never expected Lapkus was one of those people who are super invested in psychics.

Probably still not as bad as some of the stuff June and Kulap believe

Beeez
May 28, 2012

Midnightghoul posted:

Probably still not as bad as some of the stuff June and Kulap believe

Yeah, but I expect it from them.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Every woman in Holly Wood thinks psychics, astrology, ghosts are real. Like 80% of men do, as well.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Also it's 80% by volume, the other 20% is just penn jillette.

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

rack em

Beeez
May 28, 2012

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

Also it's 80% by volume, the other 20% is just penn jillette.

Penn Jillette lost a bunch of weight, I think your math may be off now.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

Keven smith also lost weight who are the easy shorthand fat guys now

SUPER IRAN-CONTRA
Jun 23, 2004

La Revolucion no tiene tiempo para elecciones
the fat jew

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
the other kevin

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
http://www.howl.fm

Looking at the miniseries, albums and live eps, I might end up paying for this for a month beyond the free trial. I can't picture it having enough content to continue to be worth it once you burn through the backlog, though

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
Yeah, that actually does seem surprisingly decent. Gotta say, I'm sort of surprised that they don't have an Android version of the app ready to go.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Listening to today's CBB, it kind of sucks that they're putting the archives behind a paywall. I mean, it would suck if I didn't have them all downloaded already. I think Jeff Ulrich once said here that they lost money on the fantastic Andy Daly PPP because they couldn't secure ad-money for a short-run thing like that so I guess this model makes sense?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Mr. Squishy posted:

Listening to today's CBB, it kind of sucks that they're putting the archives behind a paywall. I mean, it would suck if I didn't have them all downloaded already. I think Jeff Ulrich once said here that they lost money on the fantastic Andy Daly PPP because they couldn't secure ad-money for a short-run thing like that so I guess this model makes sense?

I knew this would pay off someday

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
I will say that I am not excited about paying for old podcast episodes.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

UP AND ADAM posted:

I will say that I am not excited about paying for old podcast episodes.
If I understand it correctly, which is that old episodes (6 months+ ?) will end up behind a paywall and only be accessible via the Howl app it seriously loving blows. Just the lack of ability to get the mp3 files would suck.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Ugh I didn't even consider the archives going behind the paywall, I change my opinion to "gently caress that"

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
This does heighten my anticipation for next Hollywood Handbook though.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
I didn't download any of the episodes and there's too many to bother now, so I guess that's the last time I'll be listening to any of my old favorites.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Downloaded all of the ADPPP and CBB (the best ofs and holiday specials and anniversaries) while I still could. It's too bad there's no NNF-like RSS premium feed option so I can keep using Overcast.

It's weird, but I was mostly set to sign up for Howl out of goodwill because it has done so much to keep me entertained, but I feel a little less inclined because of the archive paywall factor leaning hard on my feelings of goodwill. I'll still probably do it, but it leaned me the other way.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
If it had the original Comedy Death Rays, with the awesome novelty songs, I'd be in like crazy. I still wish I hadn't deleted those. :(

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Beeez posted:

I didn't download any of the episodes and there's too many to bother now, so I guess that's the last time I'll be listening to any of my old favorites.

Has it already happened or do people still have time to download old Eps?

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Worked for me an hour ago!

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Ugh can't believe I gotta pay $5 to access the five years and hundreds of episodes of free content I've been enjoying. It's not like I haven't given them money. I paid for a whole MONTH of NatureBox after forgetting to cancel my subscription.

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box
Some of the original stuff sounds pretty good.

Especially Superego: Forgotten Classics based on the description: "On each episode, our players will improvise a famous work of fiction, one with which they're not at all familiar. They'll be given only the book's title, its first and last lines, and the names of its characters. The rest is up to them."

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah, I can't say I can disagree or get angry about this decision. For anyone who doesn't work with content production at any level - advertisers SUCK. You get horrible rates, and for websites at least you get essentially 0 for displaying thousands of adverts if they don't get clicks. They call all the shots, and they get to name how much they pay you. It's why you go to a site like The Verge and your browser crawls to a halt as it loads a million scripts for advertising and tracking, because they're probably making jack poo poo off most of them individually.

Earwolf is a business that gives away it's product to the user for essentially free, they have to be able to pay the bills somehow. Advertising alone is a lovely way of doing it, and I doubt that many people buy t-shirts from them. Howl seems to give more than just the previously free back catalog (which undoubtedly lost them money to keep hosting for free) and it's priced reasonably on a month-to-month basis. I don't have time to listen to the podcasts I like as it is, so I'll probably pass, but I can't blame them at all.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

drat, saw them talking about the howl thing, glad I have everything I want already downloaded. Though maybe I should grab HDTGM before this happens.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

For the hours of entertainment I already get, I'm going to pay for Howl whether I use it or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
So wait, I haven't checked it out yet but is Howl an iOS app only? Can I listen to eps on my Macbook?