Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

wow, spoilers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Tollymain posted:

i've never really quite understood why luke gave a poo poo that darth vader turned out to be his sperm donor

i mean, it's not as though anakin ever played a part in his life that wasn't part of being "that rear end in a top hat who killed my first mentor and is an all-around bad guy i need to defeat" before then

Unless you're actually an Alternian Troll nobody should have to explain the concept of parents to you and why people feel their significance even in their absence. "You didn't have a father growing up like the other boys because that bastard killed him" turning to "PSYCH that bastard IS your father!" hits right at the fundamentals.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Bobulus posted:

One of the reasons Luke hated Vader was because Obi-Wan told him Vader 'betrayed and murdered [Anakin]'. I assume that half his reaction there was trying to reconcile Obi-Wan as both the nice old guy who gave his life to save Luke and also someone who told him a really hosed up lie.

Obi-Wan did nothing wrong

... from a certain point of view

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Nephthys posted:

Dave himself pointed that out and that it was all a bunch of bullshit joking around.
And Dave is always believable *cough dick jokes cough* when he claims he's just joking. It's not as though he just told us that he says whatever comes into his mind, and that a lot of his jokes revealed what he was actually thinking about.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
Will the universe ever be ready to accept the possibility that A New Hope and Empire were two lucky coincidences? Bad Star Wars constitutes far more of the canon franchise than Good Star Wars.

Plom Bar fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Aug 16, 2015

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Plom Bar posted:

Will the universe ever be ready to accept the possibility that A New Hope and Empire were two lucky coincidences? Bad Star Wars constitutes far more of the canon franchise than Good Star Wars.

Return and Revenge are interesting twin movies. In the same way where most of Return was good, excellent quality film, with giant pit holes of suck here and there- Revenge was the exact opposite, where most of it was awful, lovely gaping holes of suck, with spikes of quality here and there.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Plom Bar posted:

A ton of people already know that. But... well... the new movie looks really good...

Knights of the Old Republic was good. Kyle Katarn and Revan are cool :saddowns:

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Revan was cool until he got an evil split-personality.

Arsenic Lupin posted:

And Dave is always believable *cough dick jokes cough* when he claims he's just joking. It's not as though he just told us that he says whatever comes into his mind, and that a lot of his jokes revealed what he was actually thinking about.

Yeah but we actually see their "flirting" and it is just a load of jokey bullshit.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Given HIC, Star Wars would be considered ridiculously subversive content.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE
EDIT: I don't think Dave legit had feelings for Rose or anything, but that doesn't mean he didn't think she was attractive until he found out it was his sister.

Which makes sense. She was Roxy's mom (sort of), and we all know how Dave feels about Hot Moms. (Or, felt?, anyway)

WAR FOOT posted:

"or pan!" he chimes, a growing confidence in his sexual labels, after deeming sexual labels outdated

Not to defend lovely out of character Dave, but it's Dave so it's pretty clear that "Pfft Labels are for the OLD WORLD, John, THINGS have CHANGED!" is probably Dave's way of saying "Why yes, I am incredibly gay, but since I'm crushing on you I'm just gonna launch into a word-salad tirade about labels."

Although, another knock against the comic; if Dave were pan, why the gently caress would he be worried about someone having a crush on him that he could not return?

Classtoise fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Aug 16, 2015

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Classtoise posted:

Although, another knock against the comic; if Dave were pan, why the gently caress would he be worried about someone having a crush on him that he could not return?
Huh? Pan doesn't mean "open for business, all hours". He could be worried because he's already committed to Karkat.

e: Why look right here, John anime-blushing. I thought I remembered that.

Arsenic Lupin fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Aug 16, 2015

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Huh? Pan doesn't mean "open for business, all hours". He could be worried because he's already committed to Karkat.

e: Why look right here, John anime-blushing. I thought I remembered that.

He mentions he has a crush that one friend can't return and one he can't return. I'm saying I took it as "I don't have feelings for the friend whop has a crush on me because I'm not straight". Pan would mean he COULD, if he were single.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Wouldn't that make him just plain bisexual?

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Who What Now posted:

Wouldn't that make him just plain bisexual?
Pansexual is a new expansion on bisexual that also incorporates partners who are genderqueer, agender, and so on. If anybody tries to start an argument in this thread about whether this term is necessary, I will bite. There are threads for that sort of discussion elsewhere.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
No poo poo, I get it, but every time it comes up I think of goat people.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Renaissance Robot posted:

Yeah, I think of "pots and", but c'est le mot.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Should go with omni instead. Not only would this avoid our brief confusion, but it would stop the term from being one of those mixed words like television that piss off a certain kind of grammar nazi.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
oh my god

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Should go with omni instead. Not only would this avoid our brief confusion, but it would stop the term from being one of those mixed words like television that piss off a certain kind of grammar nazi.

I think omnisexual and pansexual are currently fighting it out for hearts, minds, and typing fingers. In either case, I think dating a troll would put one firmly in that category.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
i like omni because it sounds cooler than pan

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

i mean who isn't am i right guys ahaha ha

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Pansexual is a new expansion on bisexual that also incorporates partners who are genderqueer, agender, and so on. If anybody tries to start an argument in this thread about whether this term is necessary, I will bite. There are threads for that sort of discussion elsewhere.

So far as we know nobody Dave was crushing on fits in those categories, so he's still bisexual.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

can we maybe give genderchat a miss?

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Who What Now posted:

So far as we know nobody Dave was crushing on fits in those categories, so he's still bisexual.
There have been several textual indications that trolls may be hermaphroditic, depending on what "bulge" and "nook" and "rumblespheres" mean, and on whether various trolls who referred to having both were joking or not.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Arsenic Lupin posted:

There have been several textual indications that trolls may be hermaphroditic, depending on what "bulge" and "nook" and "rumblespheres" mean, and on whether various trolls who referred to having both were joking or not.

omegapause day 4: troll genitalia and gender politics

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

WAR FOOT posted:

we're doomed

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Isn't it implied or outright stated that gay/straight don't mean anything for troll reproduction, meaning that referring to them as one sex or another is wholly useless

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110
[in school teacher with avatar of the character that people wish would talk less voice] can we talk about something else, I don't care about this

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

WAR FOOT posted:

Im just trying to see how worked I can get him, but don't tell anyone. :ssh:

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
if trolls are hermaphroditic why would they have a notion of gender

*leaves room as argument breaks out, locks door, throws key into river*

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Death Bot posted:

[in school teacher with avatar of the character that people wish would talk less voice] can we talk about something else, I don't care about this

:negative: i..... i've been owned??

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Arsenic Lupin posted:

I tell my dude friends to calm their tits all the time, doesn't make them hermaphrodites. I mean, they do have tits, but because they are fat not because they also have vaginas.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

This is all just a concerted effort to get the waifu chart posted isn't it

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Is homestuck over yet.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

RZApublican posted:

This is all just a concerted effort to get the waifu chart posted isn't it

waifu tiers:

best tier:

Vriska???

worst tier:

also Vriska???

SHISHKABOB posted:

Is homestuck over yet.

Homestuck will never end.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

SHISHKABOB posted:

Is homestuck over yet.

We are still waiting to find out wheter troll are hermaphrodites, so no. This webcomic will not end before we find out about it.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

heres a wacky idea why don't we just, since the thread isn't getting closed.. uh....

stop posting

until the comic comes back

then when someone posts here omg we'll all know that there's actually stuff to care about in this thead!! and comic!

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

if trolls are hermaphroditic why would they have a notion of gender

*leaves room as argument breaks out, locks door, throws key into river*

It's because, they are aliens.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
I wish Paradox Space was updating, with cool comics like that Felt one and the Sumerteen romance one, and not with the bad comics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Who What Now posted:

I tell my dude friends to calm their tits all the time, doesn't make them hermaphrodites. I mean, they do have tits, but because they are fat not because they also have vaginas.

Everybody has tits, they just vary in size and fat/muscle content from person to person.