Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
Do I want to be a werewolf?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lethargical
Sep 21, 2010

Lethargy at it's best.

Sogol posted:

No reason not to pickup the amazing beneficial pvp stats.

I always prefered vampire when I played though, even though they received a huge nerf and now are not that amazing.

Bustycops
Mar 3, 2010

Sup Lads
Anybody on PC that can hook a brother up with a guild invite?

@FROIDBUSTER

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

exmorte posted:

Yo if anyone capable of inviting to the ps4 guild (i'm on AD but w/e) shoot one to psn:FightingComputer that would be cool.
Almost done with Auridon, so wooooo (minus the fish for master angler, but I'll worry about that later)

Sent you invites to all three goon guilds.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Scyantific posted:

Explorer's Pack. It lets you pick any race in any alliance and gives you access to a bunch of treasure maps.

Imp Pack only gives you the Imperial Horse and one race.

Thanks, that's what I was leaning towards anyway.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Thanks, that's what I was leaning towards anyway.

You could always get both. That's what I did.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Is it just me, or does just about every side quest follow the same formula?

NPC: "Excuse me, could you find my relative?"
VESTIGE: "Sure."
~later~
VESTIGE: "I found your relative. Sorry, they're dead."
NPC: "Oh well. Here's your money."

Gordong Dongbay
Oct 18, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Anyone else having issues with the download speed when installing the game? Just picked it up today and I can even get a mb a second. It's hovering around 7 kbs and the usual trouble shooting for games doesn't seem to be doing much.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Gordong Dongbay posted:

Anyone else having issues with the download speed when installing the game? Just picked it up today and I can even get a mb a second. It's hovering around 7 kbs and the usual trouble shooting for games doesn't seem to be doing much.

That's normal, and unfortunately there's really no way around it. Took me about 12-13 hour to get it all downloaded and installed.

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011

JackBadass posted:

~later~

Hey, sometimes it's a husband or wife.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Haerc posted:

Hey, sometimes it's a husband or wife.

That still falls under the umbrella of relative.

Gordong Dongbay
Oct 18, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

JackBadass posted:

That's normal, and unfortunately there's really no way around it. Took me about 12-13 hour to get it all downloaded and installed.

Yeah that is what I was figuring as there seems to be a lot of issues but zero solutions. I'll just leave it running over night.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

JackBadass posted:

~later~

There's also this one:

GHOST: "poo poo poo poo poo poo I hosed SOMETHING UP!"
VESTIGE: "What is it this time?"
GHOST: "SHITS hosed UP AND poo poo, FIX IT!"
VESTIGE: "Alright then."

(Complete quest)

GHOST: "HERE'S SOME BOOTS"

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

Sogol posted:

It currently gives a big stamina regen bonus, but they're planning to nerf this next patch. In order to keep it, you'll need to equip the Werewolf transform ability.

Unlike vampire, though, there is no downside to being a werewolf whatsover if you're not in the shapeshifted form. May as well get it for the extra dyes and fun.

Edit: There's always this fun quest variant too.

NPC: "Hmm...this problem is going to be hard to solve unless I sacrifice my life somehow."
VESTIGE: "Are you really sure that you need to do something so extreme? I could go out right now and kill the source of the-"
NPC: "What do you think? Should I kill myself? I need your input!"

Forsythia fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Aug 13, 2015

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

No reason to be a WW after the next patch other than to get the Lycanthropy Master achievement. In order to obtain the Stamina Regen passive, you'll need to sacrifice your biggest skill slot (ultimate).

Useless for DPS, and even more useless for Tanks because of the incoming nerf to Stamina Regen while blocking.

Same thing applies to Vampires, except to a lesser degree with them, since you'll only need to slot any of the Vampire abilities to obtain their bonuses.

Glockenapfel
Mar 9, 2013

Mercury_Storm posted:

There's also this one:

GHOST: "poo poo poo poo poo poo I hosed SOMETHING UP!"
VESTIGE: "What is it this time?"
GHOST: "SHITS hosed UP AND poo poo, FIX IT!"
VESTIGE: "Alright then."

(Complete quest)

GHOST: "HERE'S SOME BOOTS"

You forgot

Ghost: TELL MY FAMILY I LOVE THEM.

Me: Um, they're right over there.

shove me like you do
Dec 9, 2007

Real Neato

Fun Shoe
Ive recently taken to just afking while playing drums right next to dungeon entrances every time I step away for a smoke break. All about that ambiance .

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011
I'm partial to the old

NPC: You must kill 26 Bosmer and steal their teeth! It is needed for the ritual of blah blah blah blah

Vestige: [INTIMIDATE/PERSUADE] Lol, no.

NPC: Oh, I guess I already have some teeth lying around n/m.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
I'm pretty sure there's like 8 quests about stealing a bottle of wine e or something for some lowlife.

Eerkik
Feb 13, 2010

JackBadass posted:

Sent you invites to all three goon guilds.

Could you also toss some invites to me as well? PSN is eerkik and I'm on ad

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Eerkik posted:

Could you also toss some invites to me as well? PSN is eerkik and I'm on ad

No prob. All sent.

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster

JackBadass posted:

~later~

It gets pretty ridiculous in the rift, the amount of adventures that ended in tragedy makes you wonder why the NPCs set foot outside their houses at all. Isn't there one mission where there's about 4 or 5 people dead on a battlefield and you have to find and inform all their relatives of their deaths?
Also it'd be a pretty good perk of being a policeman irl if people gave you weapons for telling them their relatives had died

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
How well would an Sorc Overload Vamp work? Not worth it since you can't use that Vamp Ult?

tgidieday
May 7, 2007
You can't kill me, I quit!
Judging by the number of "check out my 20k dps" posts at tamriel foundry that are nothing but overload light attack spam, probably pretty well.

e: Couldn't leave good enough alone.

tgidieday fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Aug 14, 2015

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
I was thinking of doing a Spellsword type character. Any ideas on this build? Should I go 5 light/2 heavy instead?

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
Is there an easier way to get werewolves or bloodfiend vampires to spawn because I can't seem to find any of either despite being in the right locations of the right areas.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Geostomp posted:

Is there an easier way to get werewolves or bloodfiend vampires to spawn because I can't seem to find any of either despite being in the right locations of the right areas.
No. You just have to luck out, or get another player to bite you.
Although I have found werewolves to be a lot easier to find than bloodfiends for some weird reason.

tgidieday
May 7, 2007
You can't kill me, I quit!

PureRok posted:

Spellsword

For leveling pre-50, it's enough to have critical rush and brawler, adding critical surge when it becomes available. Go ahead and try new skills in the other slots as you discover them. Eventually, you'll need to specialize in magicka or stamina, but that's well into the veteran ranks.

Here's my sorc if you want to see what that looks like on the stamina side: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3706540&userid=116110#post448621080

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Geostomp posted:

If you don't want to wait around hoping for being in the right place at the right time and hate your money, recent datamining uncovered that the vampire and werewolf bites will be coming to the store soon.

whoda thunkit
Sep 20, 2010
Can I get an invite for a PC Argonian. My character's name is Whoda-Thunkit. My ID is cjpaulk

whoda thunkit fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Aug 14, 2015

Manmower
Feb 22, 2013
Can I get an invite to PC Daggerfall? @TheManmower

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

That undead skeleton guar mount looks boss.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Anyone else experiencing laggy PS4 servers today, or is it possibly just my connection?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

So, got my recording software up and running today, just in time for a 3-man DSA run, and a couple of Vet Crypt of Hearts runs scaled to V12 while I was running on a V8 tank, once I get my editing software set up again I'll cut them and upload them because why not?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evBUvNjP5LY

A bit dark, but this is last night's V12 Vet CoH run. I tanked on my V9 NB.

Skallagrimsson
Aug 7, 2003

Straining my strength I grappled,
Staggered the wordy foeman;
My tooth I bade bite him.
Best of swords at need.
Could I get invites to the PS4 guilds?

PSN: Samonides

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Skallagrimsson posted:

Could I get invites to the PS4 guilds?

PSN: Samonides

Sent.

I really hate how they changed the invite process in the last update. I used to be able to type in a person's name for one invite, then use the auto correct for the other two. Now I have to type it in each time.

motorocker
Dec 23, 2013

Soiled Meat
Fired it up today for the first time. The game seems like a lot of fun. Spent the whole day grinding, but the good kind of grind.

Also, Im terrible.

May I get a PC invite: @motorocker

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Scyantific posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evBUvNjP5LY

A bit dark, but this is last night's V12 Vet CoH run. I tanked on my V9 NB.

noice

Also man I gotta remember to turn on the game's music once in a while, the music in this game is pretty great and epic. I think I was listening to Cat Power during that fight....not exactly the same effect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.
I took a recipe on how to mash berries together out of the xbox guild bank. No regrets, it's all mine now.

• Locked thread