Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Today's update mentioned the VAT errors and whatnot but nothing about the archetype sheets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

dwarf74 posted:

Today's update mentioned the VAT errors and whatnot but nothing about the archetype sheets.

Yeah I emailed them and I suggest you do the same. I told them that the general buzz is not good, and if they're just going to say "deal with it" they need to make that official so I can hit them up for new books since my poo poo got crushed in shipping.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Yeah I emailed them and I suggest you do the same. I told them that the general buzz is not good, and if they're just going to say "deal with it" they need to make that official so I can hit them up for new books since my poo poo got crushed in shipping.
Oh I did last week. Haven't heard anything. Might do it again...

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Hot new email reply from Atlas: the sheets are bad. We'll be releasing errata. Get hosed.

Pretty much what I expected.

Won't be backing or dealing with them again, ever. Just bad.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Hot new email reply from Atlas: the sheets are bad. We'll be releasing errata. Get hosed.

Won't be backing them again, ever.

Was this a public statement, or just an email to you?

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Evil Mastermind posted:

Was this a public statement, or just an email to you?

Not a public statement. The email they sent:

quote:

Dear MMJS,

Because of our production schedule, the regrettable errors on the
archetype sheets went to press. We're as unhappy about it as our backers
are. We'll be issuing errata, and the sheets in the book are correct.

They are going to replace my books but they basically took 30 dollars of my money. I'm salty.

edit: I hate when companies do poo poo like "oh this is so regrettable...but we're not really gonna fix it." Not a lot of regret there, then.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Yeah, that's pretty lovely. Not fixing the sheets themselves kind of defeats the purpose of the stand-alone sheets.

Maybe say something on the KS comments? I like Atlas but I agree this is pretty lovely of them.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Nah, I'd rather not hear a bunch of Atlas brown-nosers tell me to be grateful that I got anything at all. I sent them an email reply, told them it's not acceptable IMO, said that I would be willing to pay 10 bucks for replacement sheets shipped. That's all I can do, they're probably not going to do anything and my take-away will be: gently caress these guys.

Megaman's Jockstrap fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Aug 10, 2015

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Yeah, I hear you. Which sucks, because that is bullshit they're not going to replace the sheets.

For what it's worth, I made these ugly-rear end printer friendly sheets back in the playtest, but I haven't updated them yet. I guess I could rework them or something so y'all at least have something? v:shobon:v

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Evil Mastermind posted:

Yeah, I hear you. Which sucks, because that is bullshit they're not going to replace the sheets.

For what it's worth, I made these ugly-rear end printer friendly sheets back in the playtest, but I haven't updated them yet. I guess I could rework them or something so y'all at least have something? v:shobon:v

Nah literally I gotta do is just get my PDF, print out the pages double-sided on the company's color laser printer, and laminate them. That's what you're getting from them, btw. The character pages from the book, printed out on nice whiteboard sheets.

I could do this myself and could have done that from the beginning, I have the resources, the point was to get cool whiteboard sheets and they hosed it up really bad and charged me 30 bucks for the privilege. I am honestly really loving steamed about this, this is like "pirate all their poo poo, gently caress these guys forever" level of anger. It's ridiculous (both my level of anger, and their response) and I'll admit to it. I think part of it was that I was really excited to run a Feng Shui 2 one shot tomorrow and just plop these fuckers down and get on with it, and now I can't and instead have 30 dollars of useless crap that isn't gonna get fixed. Grrrrr.

Sionak
Dec 20, 2005

Mind flay the gap.
That's super disappointing. I will probably still back Unknown Armies when it comes out, but I'm certainly going to be wary of any fancy add-ons after that response.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Pretty much what I expected.

Won't be backing or dealing with them again, ever. Just bad.
poo poo. Now I don't feel so bad that I haven't heard back from them.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Well that's disappointing to hear. Guess I'll have to go print to and laminated some sheets from Staples, man I'm totally not regretting giving these people 160 bucks to be told to get hosed.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Oh I also want to go on record as saying that their Sylvan Master app is a nice bonus but it isn't available for Android. Pfffft. Yet another way Atlas is clownin' on me.

Lynx Winters
May 1, 2003

Borderlawns: The Treehouse of Pandora
I can't even get them to tell me if my book has shipped or not.

DNA Cowboys
Feb 22, 2012

BOYS I KNOW
My book arrived today. It's in good condition, and I'm looking into ways to correct the archetype cards with my limited arts-and-crafts skills.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
My copy came in unharmed last week. I'm in Chicago.

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!
Maybe instead of seeing it as"I bought this and got shafted" see it as "I crowd funded this for a little extra, I'm glad the project was able to happen and I got this neat stuff." It's not that horrible to print from the pdf.

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.

Pez posted:

Maybe instead of seeing it as"I bought this and got shafted" see it as "I crowd funded this for a little extra, I'm glad the project was able to happen and I got this neat stuff." It's not that horrible to print from the pdf.

It's not horrible to print from the .pdf, but the archetype sheets were specifically a different tier of backing for the express purpose of the sheets. I didn't get them myself, but I totally understand the ill-will this is generating.
It also sucks, as I'd rather be talking about neat stuff from my Feng Shui game, but a lot of people who kickstarted it are soured on it now. It is a pity.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

LeSquide posted:

It's not horrible to print from the .pdf, but the archetype sheets were specifically a different tier of backing for the express purpose of the sheets. I didn't get them myself, but I totally understand the ill-will this is generating.
It also sucks, as I'd rather be talking about neat stuff from my Feng Shui game, but a lot of people who kickstarted it are soured on it now. It is a pity.

As someone who bought the archetype sheets, it's really only soured me from the communication front. I'd be happier if, sometime in this last week, they flat out said "We're not doing anything with the archetype sheets" rather than all of our info coming from private e-mails from other people. In the long run, I probably will stick with very few if any extras on another Atlas KS.

That being said, played the game this morning and I don't think I've wasted any money if this helped make some of the stretch goals possible.

DNA Cowboys
Feb 22, 2012

BOYS I KNOW

thelazyblank posted:

As someone who bought the archetype sheets, it's really only soured me from the communication front. I'd be happier if, sometime in this last week, they flat out said "We're not doing anything with the archetype sheets" rather than all of our info coming from private e-mails from other people. In the long run, I probably will stick with very few if any extras on another Atlas KS.

That being said, played the game this morning and I don't think I've wasted any money if this helped make some of the stretch goals possible.

I'm in a similar place. I'm still excited to run my Ascended SHIELD agents one-shot in a few weeks. The PCs are a completely disposable team of agents the higher ups are willing to sacrifice to get rid of some nasty wizards. I can't imagine the PCs will like that. Then it's time for revenge!

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Pez posted:

I agree, people should be happy to receive deficient, sub-par products for their money. Anyone who complains about a thing they paid money for being substandard and full of errors are simply being entitled.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Yeah, if this had been some stretch goal freebie I would be disappointed, but would just shrug and move on. However people specifically paid extra for these things and they turned out defective. That is pretty lovely.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Yeah, if this had been some stretch goal freebie I would be disappointed, but would just shrug and move on. However people specifically paid extra for these things and they turned out defective. That is pretty lovely.

I ended up paying a lot of money for this game, and backed at the level I did solely to get these cool sheets cause of the ease of play to just give them out and start playing. Now if I want that exact same thing I have to go to Staples and get them printed out in color and laminated at great expense that kind of pisses me off. Now it's not enough to sour me on the game. But I will probably not back another Atlas game at a high level again.

That being said I'm looking to get some of my friends together sometime next week to show the game off. The idea I've got is San Francisco 1986 and a bunch of references to Big Trouble in Little China. Lo Pan probably won't actually be involved with the plot but I figure I'd throw in a bunch of easter eggs. I'm sort of waiting to see what the cast looks like before setting anything in stone. My prep work during the week will be mostly creating a list of names for people so I can drop them in like I know what I'm doing and maybe coming up with a few ideas for action set pieces. A childhood life of watching action movies has hopefully gotten me ready to run one on the fly. If this session goes off well I'm planning on the next game being set in New York City in 1995, that of course will be me stealing heavily from Rumble in the Bronx and a planned cap set in Hong Kong in 2005. Hopefully this will work.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Pez posted:

It's easy to be a sanctimonious dipshit when it's somebody else's money.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

It wasn't even a stretch goal; it was an add-on they listed from day one.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Speaking of, I haven't heard word one from them since I emailed on 7/30. I've sent two emails following up between then and now. I didn't think Atlas was this bad at communication. :sigh: Time to ping them again I guess.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

BTW, I just got notice that an updated PDF has been released (just in time, I was about to print my character sheets) but of course I can't download the updated PDF. It just doesn't have a link in my DriveThruRPG library. Why you gotta hurt me, Feng Shui 2?

Edit: It just popped up. Man they are puttin' me through it.

Megaman's Jockstrap fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Aug 17, 2015

Lynx Winters
May 1, 2003

Borderlawns: The Treehouse of Pandora

dwarf74 posted:

Speaking of, I haven't heard word one from them since I emailed on 7/30. I've sent two emails following up between then and now. I didn't think Atlas was this bad at communication. :sigh: Time to ping them again I guess.

I emailed the crowdfund address and they didn't get back to me until I said stuff at their twitter account. I'm not even trying to get extra poo poo, I just want my book to ship.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

BTW, I just got notice that an updated PDF has been released (just in time, I was about to print my character sheets) but of course I can't download the updated PDF. It just doesn't have a link in my DriveThruRPG library. Why you gotta hurt me, Feng Shui 2?

Edit: It just popped up. Man they are puttin' me through it.
I don't see any differences so far...

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

We're entering an age where RPG PDFs need change logs like software.

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!

It's easy to reply like an rear end in a top hat when you don't know someone's backer status. I'm happy with mine and I understand that mistakes happen. While I hate that there's a mistake I'm glad the project funded and realize that maybe they didn't make enough to reprint everything at this time, and that errata (or printing from the pdf if you have the means) is the easiest and most cost effective way to deal with it.

Sorry I'm sanctimonious for being positive about a project that is overall really fun and well done. I'm not one to lose my poo poo over one thing or a few dollars.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Pez posted:

It's easy to reply like an rear end in a top hat when you don't know someone's backer status. I'm happy with mine and I understand that mistakes happen. While I hate that there's a mistake I'm glad the project funded and realize that maybe they didn't make enough to reprint everything at this time, and that errata (or printing from the pdf if you have the means) is the easiest and most cost effective way to deal with it.

Sorry I'm sanctimonious for being positive about a project that is overall really fun and well done. I'm not one to lose my poo poo over one thing or a few dollars.

No, but you ARE an rear end in a top hat for telling people that maybe they should be happy to have been given the privilege for paying money for substandard merchandise in the first place.

The problem isn't that mistakes were made, though that IS a problem when you're charging $30 for something that's defective out of the box, the problem is Atlas isn't doing anything to make it right.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Well, poo poo, just as I was starting to compose a reply to Pez, I got an email from Atlas.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

edit:

<removed reply to Pez because it's no longer relevant now that Atlas is doing the right thing and allowing refunds>

dwarf74 posted:

Well, poo poo, just as I was starting to compose a reply to Pez, I got an email from Atlas.

I assume they told you the same thing they told me? (i.e. "get hosed")

Megaman's Jockstrap fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Aug 17, 2015

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
I would try them again. I think they have finally gotten their messaging right, and figured out a customer service response. I'm sending them back for a refund, with them paying postage. Works for me.

quote:

Thanks for getting in touch with us. Apologies for the delay while we
formulated the best possible solution.

We're very sorry for the errors on the Feng Shui 2 archetype sheets. They
were among the first of the Kickstarter's items to go to press, and so
they didn't benefit as much as they might have from the iterative editing
and proofreading that the core book, and our PDF releases, did. This is an
explanation rather than an excuse. The editorial quality of the archetype
sheets does not meet our standards, and we apologize.

We've issued errata that lists what we know is in error on the archetype
sheets. You'll find that list here:

http://atlas-games.com/fengshui/fengshui2errata.php

Unfortunately, there's no realistic prospect of printing a new, corrected
edition of the  sheets. If, given their errors, the archetype sheets
simply don't work for you, please mail them back to us. We'll be happy to
issue a refund, as well as cover reasonable costs of return postage.

To receive a refund:

(1) Mail your full set of archetype sheets to us.

Atlas Games
        Attn: FS2 Archetype Sheets Return
        885 Pierce Butler Route
        St. Paul, MN  55104
        USA

If you’d like and you’re in the United States, we can send you a prepaid
mailing label for this return via Stamps.com. If you’d like us to do that,
email crowdfund@atlas-games.com with enough information for us to identify
you in our Kickstarter and Fundafull records (name, email address, backer
level).

(2) Email the following to crowdfund@atlas-games.com:

* A scan of your mailing receipt (unless we prepaid your postage via
Stamps.com), or something else that shows how much postage was.

* The PayPal email address to which we should send your refund.

(3) That's it! We'll send the refund via PayPal as soon as we receive your
return. The refund total will be the cost of postage plus the add-on cost
of the archetype sheets (if you purchased them as an add-on), or the
proportional cost of the archetype sheets at your backer level. If you
want to know the proportional value at your backer level in advance,
please email us before mailing us your sheets.

If this option won't meet your needs, please email Atlas Chief Operating
Officer Jeff Tidball (jeff@atlas-games.com) and he'll take it from here.

If you'd like to speak to an Atlas human on the phone, you can reach us at
651-638-0077.

Again, we're really sorry.

I told them I'll mail them back for a different add on if that would be easier for them, but I'm (belatedly) content.

You should email that other address, I think.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Oh ok, see now I'm happy. That's absolutely a fix, and I'll do that.

Thanks for letting me know.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Stayed up until midnight printing and laminating those drat sheets.

I'm gonna do this, I'm gonna run Feng Shui 2 tonight! Wooooooooo!

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Maybe FS2 will finally be the thing that gets me to buy a home laminating kit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Journey Fraternity
Nov 25, 2003

I found this on the ground!

Evil Mastermind posted:

Maybe FS2 will finally be the thing that gets me to buy a home laminating kit.

For what it's worth, I've got this guy and it's worked just peachy for me.

• Locked thread