Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Throwing Turtles
May 3, 2015

AssassinPrincess posted:

Can someone explain carson's tithing plan to me?

It looks like a flat tax with no exemptions for low income, kids, ect. 10% is the amount the bible says to give to church, so that's what he went with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

Trump is showing us what home grown American fascism looks like: yooge and luxurious.

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

I CAN'T BE STOPPED OR REASONED WITH

Throwing Turtles posted:

It looks like a flat tax with no exemptions for low income, kids, ect. 10% is the amount the bible says to give to church, so that's what he went with.

Yeahhhhh, I was hoping it was slightly more rational than that. But my suspicions were correct. It's not.

WELP

NotJesus
Jan 17, 2007

Throwing Turtles posted:

Compared to Cain's 9-9-9 it's a 1% tax increase. That's already something. :)

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Holy poo poo. Der Strummer in our lifetimes.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
I'm going to run in 2016 on the "hit everyone on the head with a brick" platform

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
what did ben garrison do to make 4chan hate him again?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Raskolnikov38 posted:

He complained about them editing his cartoons.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Shageletic posted:

I searched "cuckservative" on Twitter the other day, and yeah, it was all overt white nationalists.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Shageletic posted:

It's probably an edit. Garrison's style of crazy makes him easy to change into A. Wyatt Man-style stuff (who he's been accused of being in the past, if I remember right"

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Perhaps many Republican voters (not all) pick a candidate based on personality and then support whatever positions that candidate espouses, because those voters are authoritarians and stupid.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Foo
May 16, 2003
Professional Sponge

It's a long-shot, I know, but if Bernie gets the Dem nomination, I bet the anti-Semitic dog whistling on the right goes WAY up, analogous to the racist dog whistling we saw during the Obama years (birth certificate bullshit, etc.).

I'm just ind of wondering what this dog whistling is going to look like, since it has to be fairly distinguishable from their love of all things Israel. Maybe something about Bernie not believing in Christ...?

Weltlich
Feb 13, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Montasque posted:

Ethnic Cleansing doesn't necessary mean mass murder, but with that said you bet your rear end that if this policy was instituted it would lead to tens of thousands of deaths.

Ethnic cleansing usually denotes that it's an indigenous population that's getting killed or displaced. We ethnically cleansed the Native Americans. We're deporting undocumented immigrants. There aren't entire neighborhoods of undocumented immigrants that will be vacated so that white people can move in. It doesn't really help the discourse to conflate the two.

NotJesus
Jan 17, 2007

Shageletic posted:

:eng101: Der Stürmer.
Strummer is the guy from the Clash.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Into the helicopter went William, 9; Sean, 6; Brendan, 5; and Henry, who just turned 3. Their mother went with them. Henry got scared just before takeoff and left the aircraft to be with his father. The other boys remained. William brought a GoPro camera to capture the experience; a clip later wound up on Facebook.

"Mr. Trump," he said, aiming the camera at his benefactor.

"Yes," Trump said, pulling on the lapels of his jacket.

"Are you Batman?" the boy asked.

"I am Batman," Trump said.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Pinterest Mom posted:

Into the helicopter went William, 9; Sean, 6; Brendan, 5; and Henry, who just turned 3. Their mother went with them. Henry got scared just before takeoff and left the aircraft to be with his father. The other boys remained. William brought a GoPro camera to capture the experience; a clip later wound up on Facebook.

i thought this was a joke but nope

http://www.kwch.com/news/politics-elections/i-am-batman-trump-tells-boy/34749768

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Here was Trump's vantage point: a comfortable seat in the eye of the storm, a place to watch the rotor wash without messing up your hair. To William, this was the best moment of the whole ride. It felt just like a video game.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

jesus loving christ

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Pinterest Mom posted:

I feel like you made this up, but I really hope not.

Also gently caress Henry you little pissant you will regret this for your entire life.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjFa-KI70vA

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

I want my water to be on fire

mine already is

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

to be fair that is a pretty accurate depiction of 4chan

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

anime was right posted:

to be fair that is a pretty accurate depiction of 4chan

Why is Shrek crying?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Pinterest Mom posted:

I'm going to wait for Politifact to check this claim out before rendering judgment.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

AssassinPrincess posted:

Why is Shrek crying?

He has to watch a 4-channer virtually every hour of the day. Wouldn't you sob?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

Captain_Maclaine posted:

He has to watch a 4-channer virtually every hour of the day. Wouldn't you sob?

In fact I would, I just didn't know if this is a meme I haven't heard about. Also pedobear seems to be pink. Epic fails indeed.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

AssassinPrincess posted:

Also pedobear seems to be pink. Epic fails indeed.

Trap sprung!

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

AssassinPrincess posted:

Why is Shrek crying?

Shrek is to the Internet as Lady Liberty is to Kelly.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Are those Iowa state fair pork chops actually good? In the pictures they just look dry and untasty. Biting chunks of them off sounds totally awful.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Fox has utterly failed in its quest to recenter support on the establishment republicans, at least.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Did Jindal end up getting shot by the police?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Mr Hootington posted:

Fortunately, he was able to perform the exorcism in time.

NotJesus
Jan 17, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

e: beaten
like a LOSER at golf

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Joementum posted:

Fortunately, he was able to perform the exorcism in time.

It wasn't tongues Piyush. It was Punjabi your heritage"s native language. She was trying to connect. :(

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
Someone should do a brain scan of Carson when he talks about flat taxes cause I bet there ain't poo poo going on in there.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Zelder posted:

What if you called Donald Trump's plan what it is: ethnic cleansing, and then explained how it fits that definition. You can both explain what is wrong with it and call it what it is.

It just reminds me of similar arguments about how we shouldn't call things racist, because that makes people defensive. Which I also think is a silly argument.

The liberal belief in the power of magic words is loving infuriating considering how much better conservatives are at twisting labels to serve their purpose than liberals are. You, specifically, should definitely avoid calling things racist since you don't seem to have a clue what you'd actually be saying were you to use it.

Brannock is right and, unsurprisingly, Nintendo Kid is once again wrong.

Miltank posted:

E: literally yes, in the political sphere you have to use words as they will be understood regardless of their actual meaning.

"How they will be understood" is, in fact, their actual meaning.

But yes, please, let's all go after Donald Trump for ethnic cleansing and completely invalidate our own points by making ourselves look like idiots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Weltlich posted:

Ethnic cleansing usually denotes that it's an indigenous population that's getting killed or displaced. We ethnically cleansed the Native Americans. We're deporting undocumented immigrants. There aren't entire neighborhoods of undocumented immigrants that will be vacated so that white people can move in. It doesn't really help the discourse to conflate the two.

I am digging how people are "going with their gut" on the definition of what ethnic cleansing is, instead of the actual definition of the word. How totally Trump.

• Locked thread