Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That's just in the doujin's he reads though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I don't think the game has rape in it, but that's just this goon's experience so far.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

lets hang out posted:

Im looking at this ps4 sao game and it says it comes out in november. Do you get the ps4 ver of the first one right now if you preorder it?

Yes.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

I'm guessing you only get the first one through certain retailers. I'm not seeing anything about it on Amazon.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

iastudent posted:

I'm guessing you only get the first one through certain retailers. I'm not seeing anything about it on Amazon.

Directly thru psn.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's digital only afaik

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

there's a dumb scene where a plant monster grabs a girl with its vines and you can clearly see what the joke is there but nothing actually happens and the plant monster dies and it is never mentioned again

i think plutonis, is a liar

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Someone mentioned arc the lad twilight of spirits as BOF:DQ style combat and its really cheap on amazon sellers so I might... get it....

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Please play Arc The Lad. It's good. Except the last one.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Tired Moritz posted:

Please play Arc The Lad. It's good. Except the last one.

He's talking about the crappy ps2 one about fantasy racism.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Are there any JRPGs that aren't about either racism metaphor or religion metaphor

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Quest For Glory II posted:

Are there any JRPGs that aren't about either racism metaphor or religion metaphor
yes, several

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

for instance, many have environmentalist messages. there are also some that serve as metaphors for the atomic bomb, for what i feel are obvious reasons.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

dont list the nepnep games beacuse if you think about it the console war is filled with racism.....

Endorph posted:

for instance, many have environmentalist messages. there are also some that serve as metaphors for the atomic bomb, for what i feel are obvious reasons.
i played through all of ni no kuni and kept waiting for the environmentalist message but then i guess it was level 5's story and not hiyao miyazaki

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Is this a rhetorical question or you seriously asking?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

It was rhetorical goofus

I'm playing Legaia 2 right now and there's a bishop summoning demons calling everyone blasphemers and that God has chosen him

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ni no kuni is very environmentalist. it is amazing that they managed to recycle raw sewage as a video game.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

dis astranagant posted:

He's talking about the crappy ps2 one about fantasy racism.

I thought the game was pretty okay, but then I was a kid when I played it. I just want everyone to play the games, even the lovely ones.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

dont list the nepnep games beacuse if you think about it the console war is filled with racism.....

The defining philosophical question of the neptunia games is "how large can we make an all-female cast without making any of them lesbian?"

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Which jrpgs are about the atomic bomb

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rascyc posted:

Final Fantasy Type-0.

... Honestly pretty much every single JRPG that features a "weapon of immense power" is about the atomic bomb.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Endorph posted:

ni no kuni is very environmentalist. it is amazing that they managed to recycle raw sewage as a video game.

lmao, I am unsubbing cake attack's podcast and signing up for this one instead

ImpAtom posted:

Final Fantasy Type-0.

... Honestly pretty much every single JRPG that features a "weapon of immense power" is about the atomic bomb.
oh yeah, I always think of those as generic save the earf!!!!! plots instead of parsing the message.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Rascyc posted:

lmao, I am unsubbing cake attack's podcast and signing up for this one instead.

no...

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'm subbed to both.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

saga frontier 2

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I'm subbed to both.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

corn in the bible posted:

saga frontier 2

saga frontier 2 is about the oppression faced on a daily basis by people who don't have magic powers

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

What do you mean 'no performing monkeys'?
um I have done the second part in my commentary/retrospective on Might and Magic VII: For Blood and Honour

This series game is like my favourite so I recommend it. Second video in the series is done now, first is like an informative intro, second one is maybe a bit sillier. click me

What is the goonsensus on Dragon Age 3? I loved the first one, got bored of the second one for reasons I can't remember and want to get immersed in something that feels like a big world with nice flavour.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
It's the same spirit of the previous games but probably the best execution. I enjoyed it but ignored some aspects of the game (Sera). It got a lot of patches since launch so it probably plays better than it did before so I'm not going to comment on the controls and stuff.

I think Witcher 3 is better in the world building/setting/writing department. DA3 has better gameplay for me though. Witcher 3's gameplay tests tolerances.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

DA3 has one of the best Bioware parties (discounting Sera) and the main plotline's pretty fun.

The standard disclaimer is that you should ignore any quest that doesn't sound interesting to you, because there are a lot of worthless MMO-style quests, especially in the Hinterlands.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

What do you mean 'no performing monkeys'?

Rascyc posted:

It's the same spirit of the previous games but probably the best execution. I enjoyed it but ignored some aspects of the game (Sera). It got a lot of patches since launch so it probably plays better than it did before so I'm not going to comment on the controls and stuff.

I think Witcher 3 is better in the world building/setting/writing department. DA3 has better gameplay for me though. Witcher 3's gameplay tests tolerances.

dmboogie posted:

DA3 has one of the best Bioware parties (discounting Sera) and the main plotline's pretty fun.

The standard disclaimer is that you should ignore any quest that doesn't sound interesting to you, because there are a lot of worthless MMO-style quests, especially in the Hinterlands.

How does the Witcher series stand up for low-effort filler quests? I just wanna get immersed in something that doesn't pull me out with bad combat or dumb quests. I'd want to Witcher from the start, and I've resisted spoiling what it's like for myself since I'm awkward and like to go into games as fresh as possible. I heard the combat has evolved through the series, does that mean the first one is painful?

I want immersion... Help! It can be kinda old, but aesthetically Dragon Age 1 (3D and not gross looking) is probably what I'm craving. If it's cheap that's a plus since I'm broke but not an absolute requirement if it's really that good.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
You can just read a short summary on the Witcher franchise and go straight to 3. You don't miss much honestly once you read a couple bios primers.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
or you could play drakensang the river of time

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Paper Mario 2: The Thousand-Year Door.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

live a live

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

there is fire emblem: radiant dawn, which is about racism and religion

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Rascyc posted:

final fantasy 6

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

Rascyc posted:

You could make a pretty convincing argument that Lavos is a metaphor for blah blah blah.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Endorph posted:

final fantasy 6

Meteor in FF7

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

look there's a lot, you don't need to actually list every one