Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Scoring per team SHOULD be lower in 12 team than a 10 team than an 8 teamer, right? If you go by 93 points a week to make the playoffs in an 8 team ESPN standard, and I am doing like 112 in a 12 teamer I would project to be very good. Yes they are stupid pubbies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Reggie Died posted:

Question for Footballguys subscribers; is it possible to sync all the league settings/keepers/traded picks I've set up on the desktop Draft Dominator to their mobile app?

I've been staring at their Cloud settings for awhile but that only seems to sync their apps...

Yeah, I think you have to set up the league on their website, and that's what syncs to the mobile app. Found a bug that 2 point conversions are counted as 0 if you use ESPN/Yahoo settings, so it never hurts to verify that your scoring is correct.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Cervixalot posted:

Had my first ever dynasty startup auction draft yesterday after months of planning and anticipation. After some technical hiccups, we switched to a manual auction system and it was a blast.

Here's my roster, how'd I do?

.5 PPR, 12 Teams
QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE/FLEX/DST/K

QB: Rivers, Palmer, Bortles
RB: Foster, Gore, Abdullah, Ivory, Matthews, Dunbar, Herron, Polk
WR: Dez, Allen Robinson, Landry, DJax, Larry Fitzgerald, Stevie Johnson, Marvin Jones, Josh Huff, Jeff Janis
TE: Gronk, Donnell
D/ST: Jets
K: Who gives a poo poo

Your team is old as poo poo and I don't think it's particularly strong enough to win the title this year.

It could work out for you but I think you tried to saddle the line between being young and winning this year which is hard to do. I tried it in my first dynasty startup and even though I finished 2nd in year 1 I kind of regret it now.

E: I guess i shouldn't say your entire team as a whole is old, however it looks like you spent some quality capital on players who won't be effective or possibly even in the league in 2 years. Idk what you spent on Foster or Gore though so maybe they were extremely cheap.

Papes fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Aug 16, 2015

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!

TubeStank posted:

Is there a goon league orphans thread or anything like that? I've been trying to jump into a league for a couple of years but they all fill up so quick and I don't really have the time to run another :sigh:

GoonTier has a slot open

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3735071&perpage=40

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

TubeStank posted:

Is there a goon league orphans thread or anything like that? I've been trying to jump into a league for a couple of years but they all fill up so quick and I don't really have the time to run another :sigh:

I just backed out of the beer league. Go say hello.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
To draft Gronk in the first with the 7th pick in a 10 man league or not to...if a big name RB1 slips my way, I gotta roll with him, right?

Just draft Owen Daniels and Zach Ertz later..

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

89 posted:

To draft Gronk in the first with the 7th pick in a 10 man league or not to...if a big name RB1 slips my way, I gotta roll with him, right?

Just draft Owen Daniels and Zach Ertz later..

Healthy Ertz couldn't beat Celek for the starting job, and then he pulled his groin.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
I haven't done it in at least 5 years, but now going to be doing my 2nd ESPN public draft, I have a main league where my focus will be. Just gonna get practice, stack some teams, a ring there means nothing and I know it. 5 AT MOST DON!!!!

District Selectman
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

MrSargent posted:

I can't remember if guys like Jeremy Hill and CJ Anderson were being talked about pre draft last year but I was interested in any comparable picks I could target late this year.

Yes, we were beating the drum pretty hard in the 2014 thread for Jeremy Hill. Lines were drawn. Battles were fought. However, it was more Jeremy Hill is the next Jesus Christ vs. Jeremy Hill is pretty good. The closest thing to Hill in my mind is Abdullah, but the hype started early and he's going higher than Hill was going last year.

Carlos Hyde is going to be a loving stud IMO. As far as being a quality runner without a defined role as full time 3 down starter, Hyde is similar to Hill last year. Hyde is such a better runner than anyone else on that roster, he'll shake out to the top, just like Hill.

No one was on CJ Anderson pre-draft, but a lot of us were on Montee Ball as a lovely RB1. If you were down on Ball, Ronnie Hillman was the most obvious choice, and by the way, Hillman was very productive when healthy. Anderson only took over because Hillman got hurt. So you have Anderson, Ball, Hillman and to a lesser degree Juwan Thompson who could all become productive with playing time. That's not a guy I'm drafting in the 1st. I don't like Ball as a football player, so Hillman would be my lottery ticket there.

To a much lesser degree, Frank Gore is a guy I'm watching. He's 32 and has a million carries. If he breaks down mid-season, Josh Robinson could be 2nd half type CJ Anderson guy.

These are all long shots, but so was CJ Anderson. Also keep an eye on Dallas. They have a pile of poo poo at RB. If it's not Randle, I don't know who it will be, and it might not even be a guy on the roster now.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Is there any talk of Cody Latimer this year?

I remember some of the more respected fantasy writers saying he was the easily the 2nd best WR on the Broncos but he wouldn't play because he was a rookie.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
That was probably noted moron Cecil Lammey. He's a lotto ticket or flyer but they'll probably play a more run and defense game scheme to keep Peyton healthy. The passing game pie is getting smaller and he's third in line.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Spoeank posted:

That was probably noted moron Cecil Lammey.

Actually it was Chris Wesserling and a good portion of the 4for4 staff

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Educated guess. Lammey was banging that drum so hard and it went absolutely nowhere.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I just backed out of the beer league. Go say hello.

Thanks!

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

Spoeank posted:

That was probably noted moron Cecil Lammey. He's a lotto ticket or flyer but they'll probably play a more run and defense game scheme to keep Peyton healthy. The passing game pie is getting smaller and he's third in line.
I love Sigmund Bloom but Cecil Lammey is a loving moron and I couldn't even stomach listening to their 32 team breakdown podcast episodes on my long commute because of him. He has a huge Latimer boner but I wouldn't expect much from Latimer. DT is one of the best WR in the league and has major chemistry with PFM, Sanders will regress but is a great second option and they will be passing quite a bit less than last year to maintain Mannings arm. He also still loves his TD's, even with Orange Julius gone. He should be a purely "What if DT blows out his knee week 2" lottery ticket.

District Selectman
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
I think Emmanuel Sanders turned out to be more talented than anyone expected. There was talk last offseason because Latimer was a high draft pick and Sanders was never special in Pittsburgh. Sanders is incredible. I don't see any way Latimer overtakes him without an injury and a Kubiak offense isn't going to put up fantasy relevant numbers for WR3

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Thanks for the head's up! Would I be joining totally new or taking over for someone?

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
In my IDP keeper league you get to keep two offensive players, two IDP, and one player of your choice. You also get a 6th free keeper on any player taken in the last 5 rounds (Rds. 21-25)

So, after some other wheeling and dealing, I'm about to lock down a trade of:

GIVE: DeAndre Hopkins (rd. 17 keeper), Eric Weddle/Daryl Smith (rd. 16/18 keeper), 12th rd., 14th rd., 15th rd., 16th rd., 19th rd.

GET: 6th rd., 9th rd., 13th rd., 22nd rd., 23rd rd.

Which leaves me with the following draft picks:

10.10 (Jeremy Hill)
13.6 (Jamaal Charles)
16.3 (Eric Weddle/C.J. Anderson)
17.10 (C.J. Anderson/Anthony Barr)
18.3 (Anthony Barr/Daryl Smith)
22.7 (NaVorro Bowman)

:getin:

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Aug 16, 2015

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

District Selectman posted:

I think Emmanuel Sanders turned out to be more talented than anyone expected. There was talk last offseason because Latimer was a high draft pick and Sanders was never special in Pittsburgh. Sanders is incredible. I don't see any way Latimer overtakes him without an injury and a Kubiak offense isn't going to put up fantasy relevant numbers for WR3

Peyton doesn't give a gently caress what a Kubiak offense normally does

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!

TubeStank posted:

Thanks for the head's up! Would I be joining totally new or taking over for someone?

Brand new, in the redraft tier. Also, FYI, the league uses IDP (don't know if that's your jam - but it should be )

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Zypher posted:

Brand new, in the redraft tier. Also, FYI, the league uses IDP (don't know if that's your jam - but it should be )

I will be next in line if he doesn't want in.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

cheese posted:

I love Sigmund Bloom but Cecil Lammey is a loving moron and I couldn't even stomach listening to their 32 team breakdown podcast episodes on my long commute because of him.

He had Alex Miglio on and it was the last straw. He said something along the lines of "he's @alexmiglio and if you can't spell that you're probably a youtube commenter." Except Miglio is pronounced Mee-Lee-Oh so if you don't know who he is you're going to have a hell of a time trying to find him on Twitter. He's so pointlessly condescending and has no logical consistency. I got into a slight twitter fight with him over CJA because I said the Denver backfield is going to be crowded and I wouldn't touch CJA at his ADP. He popped in and basically went "no you're wrong" over and over then two days later he was on The Audible preaching caution with CJA because of the crowded backfield.

Fuuuuck Cecil Lammey.

District Selectman
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Ok, I've got a keeper question.

12 team, 0.5PPR, QB/2RB/2WR/TE/1WRT, 3 Keepers, $200 Auction

Keeper min is $10. There's inflation, so your keepers cost a little more each year. RB's and top talent go for substantially more in this league than the guides say.

I have Demaryius Thomas for $22, Demarco Murray for $50, Jeremy Hill for $10, Ingram for $10, Randle for $10, and Kelce for $10

I'm definitely keeping Hill and Thomas. My issue is how to play my 3rd keeper. For the record, here are the available top 20 RB's that will not be kept:

Arian Foster
Justin Forsett
Melvin Gordon
whichever two of Murray/Ingram/Randle I don't keep

Normally I'd keep Ingram because Murray would be a $50 or less type player anyway, but with the lack of RB talent, I could see him going for $60-70. If I keep Ingram, I can easily get a 2nd Top 10 WR to pair with Demaryius, and a top 25 WR to play at flex. I'd also have budget to grab desirable potential young studs like Abdullah and Agholor on my bench. If I keep Murray, I'm probably "stuck" with a pair of top 25's at WR2 and flex, and my bench gets thinner.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

Metapod posted:

Peyton doesn't give a gently caress what a Kubiak offense normally does
Normally I would agree, but I think PFM is smart enough to acknowledge that he broke down towards the end of last season and he will need to manage it more, which means running. He is still going to audible whenever he wants because he is PFM but he has to know he shouldn't be throwing more than ~35 passes a game.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
I shamelessly stole another goon's idea and had a Super Smash Bros. Draft Order tournament with Level 9 computers last night. Can't get much nerdier than grown men screaming at computer players for a 90's video game to determine the order of their fantasy league. So naturally it was an awesome time.

I ended up with the 7th pick in the draft and I feel pretty good about it. I really didn't want a top 3 pick, so that is good. However, I feel like there is a lot of uncertainty in my league with who will go 1-6, so I don't really know how to plan my draft. I'm thinking Dez Bryant should be around at 7 and was a stud on my team last year, but then I was trying to decide what RB's would have to drop to me to choose them over him. The only one I could come up with other than the top 3 who won't fall that far would be Lacy. I'm a little unsure of Lynch due to his O-line and the beating he has taken but he sure proved me wrong last year.

In the 2nd, I should be able to get someone like Jeremy Hill or Jordy Nelson, depending on whether I go WR or RB in the first.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Spoeank posted:

He had Alex Miglio on and it was the last straw. He said something along the lines of "he's @alexmiglio and if you can't spell that you're probably a youtube commenter." Except Miglio is pronounced Mee-Lee-Oh so if you don't know who he is you're going to have a hell of a time trying to find him on Twitter. He's so pointlessly condescending and has no logical consistency. I got into a slight twitter fight with him over CJA because I said the Denver backfield is going to be crowded and I wouldn't touch CJA at his ADP. He popped in and basically went "no you're wrong" over and over then two days later he was on The Audible preaching caution with CJA because of the crowded backfield.

Fuuuuck Cecil Lammey.

Denvers backfield is not crowded in any way.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

MrSargent posted:

I shamelessly stole another goon's idea and had a Super Smash Bros. Draft Order tournament with Level 9 computers last night. Can't get much nerdier than grown men screaming at computer players for a 90's video game to determine the order of their fantasy league. So naturally it was an awesome time.

Shamelessly stolen or not that sounds god drat amazing and I will do it as soon as I have the chance.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I used the wrestling game by MDickie to determine our draft order by making characters for everybody (changing the appearance of existing dudes) and putting us all in a BARBED WIRE EXPLODING DEATHMATCH BATTLE ROYAL. The first guy eliminated landed on a land mine and had his arm blown off. It was great.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Spoeank posted:

Fuuuuck Cecil Lammey.

Gary Kubiak doesn't do timeshares hth

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Pulled the trigger on that trade. Thanks fellas.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Can anyone help me out with setting my draft pick order in 4for4s draft simulator? Cant find it anywhere in the settings

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

(1) my CJA opinion was during OTAs so it's softened. He'll be a lead back. That wasn't the point. The point was Lammey is both hot takey and inconsistent.

(2) I'm still not touching him at his ADP because that line is hot garbage.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I was just offered Hyde and Giovani for Forsett. My other RBs are Hill, Miller, Jennings, and Bell. Standard scoring except bonus 5 pts for a 200 yard rushing game. I want to do it since it gives me Hill's handcuff and also I get another starting RB. The only things that worries me is that Hyde might lose passing downs while Forsett will be every down. Thoughts?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

jabro posted:

I was just offered Hyde and Giovani for Forsett. My other RBs are Hill, Miller, Jennings, and Bell. Standard scoring except bonus 5 pts for a 200 yard rushing game. I want to do it since it gives me Hill's handcuff and also I get another starting RB. The only things that worries me is that Hyde might lose passing downs while Forsett will be every down. Thoughts?

Who else would you be dropping to roster them?

District Selectman
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
CJ Anderson was an undrafted free agent has 8 starts and 186 carries in his NFL career

All aboard!!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

My girlfriend drafted for the first time. She knows absolutely zero about football, much less fantasy football. So I printed off a beer sheet for her PPR league and I must say it could have been a lot worse.

QB: A. Luck
RB: J. Bell
RB: M. Ingram
WR: D. Thomas
WR: J. Matthews
TE: J. Graham
FLEX: I. Crowell
D/ST: Ravens
K: J. Tucker
BEN: R. Matthews
BEN: R. Tannehill
BEN: N. Agholor
BEN: B. Perriman

She has way too many Ravens and Eagles players and her running backs are a prayer and I told her not to draft a backup QB but she didn't even understand what that meant. So not great but going in absolutely blind it could have been worse.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Who else would you be dropping to roster them?

Probably Bell or Jennings.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.

jabro posted:

Probably Bell or Jennings.

I wouldn't do it. I don't think you're getting much of an upgrade getting Hyde onto your roster. I mean, yes, he's decidedly the lead back in that offense, but I'm really down on SF this year and Hyde may really struggle to produce given the way I expect those games to go.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1FLEX, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF

Pearce won, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

89 posted:

1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1FLEX, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF

Pearce won, right?

Why the hell was there a 10th round run on kickers???

• Locked thread