Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
I really really hope that in DBZ abridged Goku thinks about doing the whole getting super muscly thing but then decides not to because Chi-Chi would put him on a diet if he got fat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Vegeta getting SSJ3 for the brief amount of time between this and Resurrection would be really, really pointless. Him going berserk on Beerus was cool because he didn't need to have it to mess him up.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I think it's been proven somewhere during the Buu Saga that SSJ3 is ultimately a waste unless you know you're going to win within like 10 minutes, like the Kaio-Ken where Goku can technically Super Saiyan+Kaoi-Ken, but the energy and negative side effects aren't worth it in the long run.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
It's only really worth it if you're dead or beefed up by magic (or whatever fusion is)

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Tae posted:

I think it's been proven somewhere during the Buu Saga that SSJ3 is ultimately a waste unless you know you're going to win within like 10 minutes, like the Kaio-Ken where Goku can technically Super Saiyan+Kaoi-Ken, but the energy and negative side effects aren't worth it in the long run.
Um, actually I'm pretty sure that you can spend like a week in the Hyperboria Time Scambler and learn to use SSj3 at a level beyond ... as if it were an Ascended Enlightened SSj3 to minimize the RAM leak.

But yes, giant forehead hair boner neanderthal isn't too good a design. Thankfully Dragonball GT managed to make a form that was even more of an embarrassment.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

greatBigJerk posted:

The new episode of super was pretty great.

Chef Vegeta is the new dancing Vegeta.

It's clear that they are saving their budget for Vegeta episodes now.

my favorite part of all of this newer dbz media is seeing sperglords go "NOT MY VEGETA :qq: the REEL vegeta is bloodthristy and would skullfuck/rape everything in sight ocean vegeta was better cuz voice actor show how crazy he r:downs:"

BornAPoorBlkChild fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Aug 17, 2015

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
I've never understood all the fan dislike of SSJ3. It looks super weird and freakish, what more can you want?

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

XboxPants posted:

I've never understood all the fan dislike of SSJ3. It looks super weird and freakish, what more can you want?

the characters commenting on how loving hilarious goku looks without eyebrows? :v:

this video reminds me why I try to stay away from english DBZ fandom for the most part

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Race Realists posted:

the characters commenting on how loving hilarious goku looks without eyebrows? :v:

I thought we liked when Dragon Ball veered into hilarious, ridiculous nonsense. :haw:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

FilthyImp posted:

Um, actually I'm pretty sure that you can spend like a week in the Hyperboria Time Scambler and learn to use SSj3 at a level beyond ... as if it were an Ascended Enlightened SSj3 to minimize the RAM leak.

But yes, giant forehead hair boner neanderthal isn't too good a design. Thankfully Dragonball GT managed to make a form that was even more of an embarrassment.

Honestly, every Super Saiyan form beyond the first looks terrible. Super Saiyan 2 is usually a really slight change or not even a change at all, Super Saiyan 3 looks ridiculous, Super Saiyan 4 is overdesigned, Super Saiyan God looks weak as hell, and Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan is literally a recolour.

Even the first only gets a pass for being the first and probably the most iconic transformation ever, really.

The main problem is that we never get Nappa get any levels. He'd look amazing in every Super Saiyan level, because beards are always cooler than normal hair. C'mon, Heroes. You can fix this poo poo.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Blaze Dragon posted:

He'd look amazing in every Super Saiyan level, because beards are always cooler than normal hair.

:agreed:

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:
Episode 6 was gold. Glad they kept the tone from the movies.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

FilthyImp posted:

Really? I don't like SSJ3 either but SSJ4 is awesome.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

All the SSJ forms are cool, you all don't like them because your precious Gohan doesn't use them anymore

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Except when he does because they forget that Ultimate overrides SSJ

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

projecthalaxy posted:

It wore off.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Squallege posted:

It's only really worth it if you're dead or beefed up by magic (or whatever fusion is)

I think both types of Fusion are some form of magic. Would explain why Gotenks' fusion time is reduced by SSJ3 but stamina-wise he never seems to suffer the way Goku does, and why Vegito split apart inside Buu (who is a magical entity created by a wizard). And by explain I mean doesn't actually explain anything but just saying "it's magic" is enough of an answer.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

The best SSJ forms are Future Trunk's and Broly's "turn into a huge buff man" forms.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

The best SSJ forms are Future Trunk's and Broly's "turn into a huge buff man" forms.

It's true. Armor Trunks was always my dude in Budokai Tenkaichi/Raging Blast because you could switch from a speed character (SSJ) to a power character (uSSJ).

the culminator
Oct 29, 2012
Why are we pretending like SSJ2 isnt the coolest?

Its ssj with darker and spikier hair, lightning bolts, better looking aura and that one hair hanging down.

It looks cool af

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

the culminator posted:

Why are we pretending like SSJ2 isnt the coolest?

Its ssj with darker and spikier hair, lightning bolts, better looking aura and that one hair hanging down.

It looks cool af

Cool as AF? Nah, this is cool as AF!

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Covok posted:

This is bad.

Covok
May 27, 2013

projecthalaxy posted:

This is bad.

Get it? Cool as AF! AF, like Dragonball AF, no? No one?

Ok.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

I thought it was funny and cool.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I kind of want a Rashomon episode about something like a bank robbery where all the characters meet up accidentally to fight it. Like Krillin is working for the police, 18 is cashing a check from Mr. Satan, Piccolo is applying for a loan.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

SSJ3 Nappa is far superior.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Covok posted:

I'm gonna need this image to be about 50% smaller and heavily JPEG artifacted if you expect me to recognize it

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Kelp Plankton posted:

I'm gonna need this image to be about 50% smaller and heavily JPEG artifacted if you expect me to recognize it
Don't forget dithered.

Needs to be dithered, too.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Great Beer posted:

SSJ3 Nappa is far superior.

um, that was ssj3 nappa

a better one too

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Ruggington posted:

Fun Fact: SSJ3 is lame, dumb, and outdated on any character not named gotenks

Its true. Also I'm glad Gotenks is in the next episode

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I like Superb Saiyans 2 as well, it looks like a kind of logical progression in a minimalist way.
Super Saiyan 3 is very weird but kinda okay. 4 looks good but doesn't make much sense.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

4 would be fine if it had a cooler name than ssj4. Primal Saiyan or something. It doesn't feel like a progression from ssj3 but it does look pretty rad

It's also dumb that GT had Vegeta skip ssj3. If you're gonna have him get 4 at least give him 3 first

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Aurain posted:

I like Superb Saiyans 2 as well, it looks like a kind of logical progression in a minimalist way.
Super Saiyan 3 is very weird but kinda okay. 4 looks good but doesn't make much sense.

4 makes sense when you consider it the perfected unison of the Oozaru an the Super Saiyan. The Primal Saiyan name is a really good suggestion, I feel, and helps capture some of the animalistic rage that SSJ3 tried to grab.

Caros
May 14, 2008

The Bee posted:

4 makes sense when you consider it the perfected unison of the Oozaru an the Super Saiyan. The Primal Saiyan name is a really good suggestion, I feel, and helps capture some of the animalistic rage that SSJ3 tried to grab.

Primal does make it sound better, if nothing else because it takes it away from the ridiculous "Is there a five?" mentality that inevitably pops up in the back of your head. Even Super Saiyan 3 was pushing it, and its sort of telling that when Goku is explaining it he almost seems to be taking the piss out of his own new form

:ssj: - Oh this? Yeah I guess you could call it Super Saiyan 3.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
I honestly like SSJ3 a lot, but that's mostly because of the context around it. A massively exaggerated super SUPER mode with its own theme etc.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

projecthalaxy posted:

To me it doesn't look like they forgot as much as that movie Gohan isn't Mystic, while TV Gohan is.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
Guys While i liked Vegeta cooking i was sad because I felt like it wasn't as pride damaging as doing a silly song and dance was and I really liked how vegeta throwing away his pride to protect the earth really made goku respect him. :( Also vegeta called him son goku and not kakarot which was weird.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

projecthalaxy posted:

Actually, it doesn't. According to the Elder Kai, it's a transformation, LIKE Super Saiyan, but it allows him to access a power greater than what the Super Saiyan forms have and without the downsides things like Super Saiyan 3 have. Hence him telling Gohan to power up "like that Super Saiyan thing."

It doesn't overwrite Super Saiyan, it's merely far, far better, so he doesn't "need" to use the other forms anymore.

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG
They had the perfect opportunity to do a new cover of Vegeta's Cooking Hell to use as an image song, and didn't take it. Don't you want to sell CDs, Toei? :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Goku would be ashamed of you.
The mystic form is basically a bargin-bin version of Super Saiyan God. The Kaioshin's don't have what it takes to tussle with deities above their station, but they can at least put some fancy spinners on you so you can play pretend. Thus we get the mystic form.

• Locked thread