Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pienipple
Mar 20, 2009

That's wrong!

Scathach posted:

Yay more cake... oh, vegan cake. :(

It looks sad and dense.

There is no reason for vegan cake to look so bad aside from sheer incompetence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

pienipple posted:

There is no reason for vegan cake to look so bad aside from sheer incompetence.

Show me one cake which exists naturally in the wild.

pienipple
Mar 20, 2009

That's wrong!

Decrepus posted:

Show me one cake which exists naturally in the wild.

I've made vegan cake for people, even gluten free and vegan. They're fine as long as you have knowledge of basic techniques like creaming your fat and sugar together.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Shouldn't vegans not eat plants either?

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Shouldn't vegans not eat plants either?

No, you're thinking of breatharians.

And say what you will about breatharians, but their cakes are hella light and airy.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Introducing Rorschach Food! Everybody will see something different! probably

I see meat, bun, what looks to be cheese near the top, maggots to the top of the meat, pale, runny, smushed tomatoes plastered to the right,pustule-like bubbles, and some bloody mucus mixed in. What do you see?

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

EorayMel posted:

What do you see?

Under-cooked breakfast sausage patty on a waffle with inexplicable yellow cheese

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

EorayMel posted:

I see meat, bun, what looks to be cheese near the top, maggots to the top of the meat, pale, runny, smushed tomatoes plastered to the right,pustule-like bubbles, and some bloody mucus mixed in. What do you see?

:smith: Some horrible cheesy wiener frotteurism debacle

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
A taco bell breakfast.

BTW this thread was a godsend. Was at a wedding where the caterers hosed up and dinner was delayed by nearly 2 hours. I loaded the thread on my phone and passed around the table to keep us from getting too hungry

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

What if it's a digital clock?
Flashing 12:00 is still right twice a day.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Scathach posted:

Yay more cake... oh, vegan cake. :(

It looks sad and dense.

Fruits should never be more appetizing in comparison to a cake.

EorayMel posted:

A waffle[?] with a sausage on top of it[??] covered in egg/cheese[???]

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

cash crab posted:

:smith: I thought that was a delicious meatloaf

Me too :(

Don't worry, I'm sure these have meat in 'em!

There are kabob sticks in there and what the hell sauce is supposed to top pickles?

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Scathach posted:

Me too :(

Don't worry, I'm sure these have meat in 'em!

There are kabob sticks in there and what the hell sauce is supposed to top pickles?

Fries and pickles are among my top 20 favourite foods so probably would

BUT

I expected more meat.

PS: I have no job and I have perfected the struggle plate. Food today: Pasta with butter and sriracha and garlic, and a bacon sandwich with mayo. And sriracha.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Ethiopian food does NOT belong in this thread :colbert:

... okay, it may not look pretty, but it's probably delicious. I haven't had Ethiopian in ages and now I really want some :(

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

:cripes: I'm gonna be that guy because finally something has been posted that I can say 'would' to but in my experience I've only had Ethiopian on a big plate that itself was sitting on a big piece of injera and you'd just tear pieces of your own injera and pick up the spicy chicken or lamb or beans or what have you up. They didn't just dole it out on your bread like a burrito flopped open!

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Come to think of it, Ethiopian for one is kinda sad anyway. Like eating at a buffet by yourself.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Crow Jane posted:

Come to think of it, Ethiopian for one is kinda sad anyway. Like eating at a buffet by yourself.

Why is that bad

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Crow Jane posted:

rly hosed up that you can't order smaller portions i agree

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

cash crab posted:

Why is that bad

Buffets are like a field trip, your should always use the buddy system. What if you eat so much you can't walk, and need someone to roll you out the door?

RareAcumen posted:

rly hosed up that you can't order smaller portions i agree

Or just go with friends, order a combo plate, and get fat and happy together.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Crow Jane posted:

Buffets are like a field trip, your should always use the buddy system. What if you eat so much you can't walk, and need someone to roll you out the door?

Wanna go out to eat with you.
:hfive:

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

RareAcumen posted:

:cripes: I'm gonna be that guy because finally something has been posted that I can say 'would' to but in my experience I've only had Ethiopian on a big plate that itself was sitting on a big piece of injera and you'd just tear pieces of your own injera and pick up the spicy chicken or lamb or beans or what have you up. They didn't just dole it out on your bread like a burrito flopped open!

That's lunch for one, though. I would eat that right up.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

contemplating a name change to #wifematerial for exclusive use itt

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Ethiopian food is great, but every time I have it, that one tapeworm article in the last thread always comes to mind, no matter how convinced I am of the safety of the place I eat at. A shame, since it's so good (even if my spice tolerance is abysmal).

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

So do you just blend the chicken into a cream or what because I see no discernible chicken chunks in that jello

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

EorayMel posted:

a waffle with a sausage patty and what should have been a fried egg.

a bad robot cooked this breakfast :psylon:

salty fries make me cry
Oct 3, 2007

~~i'm outside ur window~~
~throwin bricks at teh moon~
I got a breakfast crunchwrap when they first came out and it was pretty good. I'm not a breakfast guy but I had to try it. It's pretty much a full bacon, eggs, and hashbrown breakfast in crunchwrap form. Their breakfast burritos are worse than McD's tho and that's saying something. Also their max size on coffees is medium which is hosed up.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

EorayMel posted:

Dog.

Dog with head split in half.

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Finn 3:16 says I just licorice
whipped your peppermint ass

Crow Jane posted:

Ethiopian food does NOT belong in this thread :colbert:

... okay, it may not look pretty, but it's probably delicious. I haven't had Ethiopian in ages and now I really want some :(
Ethiopian food is the worst restaurant experience I've ever had. And I supposedly went to "The Best Ethiopian Restaurant In Paris", to this day I still think I was being trolled.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

All I can see is a bicycle helmet.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Gridlocked posted:

I wanted the swimming pool so bad. It was my 2nd favorite after the train.

I wanted all that jelly AND cake at the same time. Can you post the rest of them? Doesn't have to be all at once but a) I want the nostalgia trip and b) I think the thread would enjoy some of the creations.

Don't have to post them all at once; spread it out over a few days for us to savor.

I have a bunch of pictures of the funnier ones that I can put up, but I didn't bother with the more normal ones like the numbers and stuff.

BTW if anyone wants to make any of the insane cakes I can scan the instructions :)

Obligatory:

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Sjurygg posted:

Dog.

Dog with head split in half.

A Damien Hirst breakfast

Kakairo
Dec 5, 2005

In case of emergency, my ass can be used as a flotation device.

EorayMel posted:

Depression.

codespace
May 3, 2011

Fishstick posted:

Yeah it's pretty grainy, but anise? Weird, I've never gotten that , cause I fuckin' hate aniseed. Maybe the way they spice them here (Belgium) is way different than the ones you can get in the US?

It's possible, but I hate aniseed so much that I'm not really willing to give it another shot elsewhere. Plus the dry graininess is offputting in something ostensibly made from a liquid.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

Looks similar to what I'm having for dinner tonight. Anything black, like black olives - for tapenade, or black beans end up like that.
I'm eating frijoles negros which is: dried black beans cooked 2hrs with celery, green capsicum, onion, vinegar, olive oil, oregano, coriander, bacon/bacon fat, maggi sauce, garlic, bay leaves, smoked paprika, pepper, a habanero chilli; served over rice.
It just looks like they cooked their's until the beans broke up, which is easy to do if you're using canned beans, or they mashed them all.
Might throw on some coriander, parsley or celery leaves on top so it's a decorated bowl of poo.

Fo3 has a new favorite as of 12:48 on Aug 17, 2015

gentle pete
Feb 21, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Turfahurf posted:

Their breakfast burritos are worse than McD's tho and that's saying something
Seriously, what is the deal with those things? They've got all the ingredients for a great breakfast burrito right there and somehow end up serving you something that tastes vaguely like garbage instead.

Also, "waffle taco" must be Spanish for "grease sponge" :barf:

spleen merchant
Jul 1, 2007
Fun Shoe

Pookah posted:

I have a bunch of pictures of the funnier ones that I can put up, but I didn't bother with the more normal ones like the numbers and stuff.

BTW if anyone wants to make any of the insane cakes I can scan the instructions :)

Obligatory:

Holy nostagia! Somewhere at my parents house there will be some eighties VHS' with a few of these creations on them.

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

What is the duck cake recipe? It looks interesting and I want to know what's holding everything together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

SystemLogoff posted:

What is the duck cake recipe? It looks interesting and I want to know what's holding everything together.

That's actually a real duck, he just has funny hair

• Locked thread