Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Jerry Cotton posted:

I know what HB means fuckwit. Why is it marked on a mechanical pencil when you can fill it up with any one of those?

Well this got out of control!

It's a set-it-yourself indicator in case you have multiple drafting pencils loaded with leads of different hardnesses. It makes sense if you want to remember (or care) what you used last or dedicate pencils to specific leads. I guess there's someone out there who might use that feature. A baller architect or something? The rotating indicator has 7 settings, I think.

e: Yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Fayez Butts posted:

I;ll buy a $30 pen that gets ink all over my fingers any day but I will never buy a $30 mechanical pencil

How about a $12 pencil?

(you can change the hardness indicator on this one too)

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

it's hideous

edit: these are the only pencils i will ever buy

Fayez Butts has a new favorite as of 18:03 on Aug 16, 2015

Opioid
Jul 3, 2008

<3 Blood Type ARRRRR

Fayez Butts posted:

it's hideous

edit: these are the only pencils i will ever buy

I bet you also use the eraser on the end of the pencil. Pleb :agesilaus:

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

hell no

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
All I need is a Pilot G2

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Lascivious Sloth posted:

do you often stand int he rain writing notes?

I use this stuff in the shower all the time. Best ideas come in there.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

PCOS Bill posted:

All I need is a Pilot G2

For me it's a toss up between that and a Precise V5 for when I don't feel like getting ink all over my fingers.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

PCOS Bill posted:

All I need is a Pilot G2
G2 still smears. :mad:

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I'm left handed and have no trouble with a G2

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I have a really nice mechanical pencil with an indicator, a .3 not a .7 (which is for babies), which I've owned for ten years. Worth the investment.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I inherited a forties (I think) Criterium and sat on it and it broke. Welp that's my mechanical pencil story hope you enjoyed it!

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 06:36 on Aug 17, 2015

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
Don't care so much about the water resistant paper as I do having a good pocket notebook that won't disintegrate in 2-3 days. But I suppose if I was on the roof or doing a property walk and it started raining and I needed to write something down I would be covered.

Fozaldo
Apr 18, 2004

Serenity Now. Serenity Now.
:respek::respek::respek::respek::respek:

4H and 3H are just reverse images of each other. Is this the standard you pencil guys accept?

benwards
Apr 9, 2007

Another youthful indiscretion
Been a few years since I had one of these:

M42
Nov 12, 2012

High five SV buddy! Congrats on finding one with the seat cover. What's the can on it? Looks sweet.

benwards
Apr 9, 2007

Another youthful indiscretion
Thanks! Exhaust is a scorpion something-or-other. Frankly it's a bit loud for me, but the PO gave me the baffle he removed, which I may attempt to reinstall. The seat cover is gone now too -- already put the passenger seat and peg back on for my ladyfriend. ;)

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Fozaldo posted:

4H and 3H are just reverse images of each other. Is this the standard you pencil guys accept?

Clearly one is for left-handed pencils and one for right-handed.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

mr. mephistopheles posted:

I finally got my motorcycle license after wanting one since I was like 15 (I'm almost 30) and I think I've hit full-blown midlife crisis mode.

lmao holy poo poo

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That jacket's nice but motorcycles are for assholes, sorry guy.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

That jacket's nice but motorcycles are for assholes, sorry guy.

As an owner of a motorcycle, checks out.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

I appreciate the honest feedback and I'm going to get real safety gear for riding. I was trying to find something I liked as actual clothing that would also be safe and I obviously didn't research it well enough. I still think it looks real cool and I'm going to wear it like a regular jacket to my World War 2 cosplay group.

pretty good aggro deck
Dec 31, 2007

Extinct!

I'm going to wear it like a regular jacket to my World War 2 cosplay group.

:negative:

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

I appreciate the honest feedback and I'm going to get real safety gear for riding. I was trying to find something I liked as actual clothing that would also be safe and I obviously didn't research it well enough. I still think it looks real cool and I'm going to wear it like a regular jacket to my World War 2 cosplay group.

Is this your hog?

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

If you want something a bit more classic looking and you're strictly sticking to low speed riding, you can combine something like this with a pair of Riding Jeans and have something not poo poo that won't turn your skin into pudding if you have an accident, and doesn't make you look like you're off to the track for a session. Whatever you do please get boots with actual ankle protection.

Digital_Jesus has a new favorite as of 01:41 on Aug 17, 2015

M42
Nov 12, 2012

And gloves with... well, any protection. Knuckles and palm slider. Honestly, you could return just the jacket and get a full set of classic-looking, but actually protective, riding gear.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
Proper boots have saved me from a broken ankle 3 times in the past two weeks, no joke, and probably some more serious knee injuries.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

I've never even heard of 9xxB before, but I'm guessing it's some sort of tar or grease crudely poured into the pencil and just leaks out everywhere when you tip the pencil over to use it.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

I swear to God, if you are referring to Hetalia, I will track you down, I will kick your rear end.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Pick posted:

I swear to God, if you are referring to Hetalia, I will track you down, I will kick your rear end.

AUG thread is over there

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe
I have a set of complementary problems. I have some walls in my house where I don't want them to be, and this will help me make them go away:

I have some places in my house that need walls but don't have them, and this will help me make them:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I hope you've invested in some load bearing drywall.

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

its funny how you guys sperg out over protective riding gear not being protective enough while all of asia rides around in shorts and slippers

imo fussing about motorcycle ppe is like fighting over which needle manufacturer has the most sterile facilities and thus safest for shooting up massive amounts of heroin

if youre going to ride a literal death machine just go all the way man :okpos:

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

Gorilla Salad posted:

I hope you've invested in some load bearing drywall.

But seriously, I had a general contractor come out and verify that the stuff I'm ripping out isn't load bearing. It's the first time I'll ever do this kind of work, and I'm pretty stoked about it. Legos for grownups, and all that.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT posted:

its funny how you guys sperg out over protective riding gear not being protective enough while all of asia rides around in shorts and slippers

They are poor and it's crowded. We have way safer roads and helmets that actually work. Might as well use the best you can afford.

http://foreignpolicy.com/2015/02/02/death-rides-a-moto-cambodia-helmets-road-fatalities-motorcycles/

quote:

In Cambodia, for example, motorcycle crashes represent 67 percent of all road deaths; in Thailand and Laos it has reached a staggering 74 percent. With the number of vehicles in the region doubling every five years, the number of fatalities is expected to grow commensurately.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT posted:

imo fussing about motorcycle ppe is like fighting over which needle manufacturer has the most sterile facilities and thus safest for shooting up massive amounts of heroin

if youre going to ride a literal death machine just go all the way man :okpos:

I fully support your heroin addiction.

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

This is a good piece of kit.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.
All y'all pencilling needs right here:

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
I was in traffic in Houston the other day and saw a guy riding his sport bike in shorts, loafers with no socks, a t shirt and no helmet. Thought of this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Upgraded to a gtx 970 in preparation for mgs5. It also came with free mgs5.