Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

Cathair posted:

Cleaving Whirlwind gets the most credit for its spin attack, but it's got a couple of other good combos for different purposes that are also easy to access, which is a lot more than you can say for most stances.

Cleaving Whirlwind is easily the best 2hand sword/axe stance, for both stupid high damage multiplier moves and general usability. Tempo Royale looks pretty cool but can't really compare in function.

Cleaving Whirlwind is for holding melee and using combos. Tempo Royale is for quick melee because its first slash attack is fast and has huge arc, close to 360 degrees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Tempo Royale is neat, but there's just something undeniably :black101: about the Broken Bull combo from Cleaving Whirlwind.

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008

wid posted:

Cleaving Whirlwind is for holding melee and using combos. Tempo Royale is for quick melee because its first slash attack is fast and has huge arc, close to 360 degrees.

True, I forgot about that. The speed of that first strike makes a big difference, the standard 2hand quick melee is pretty slow to come out and makes me prefer my Jat Kittag for quick melee backup.

Luckily, Royale and Whirlwind have the same polarity, so if you need to polarize your stance slot that's the one to go for. I don't remember Rending Crane being terrible or anything, but it's just, why bother when both of the alternatives are more useful?

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Fish Noise posted:

Someone had previously mentioned Nova trivializing the Survive or DIE alert, which got me thinking, "yeah the MPrime slowdown really hits the Infestation hard, but isn't there an Aura that takes that even further?"

I present to you: Slow down or DIE.

SlowNova + 4x Infested Impedance.

At 2x video speed the infested are STILL moving in slow motion.

Stuff like this is why I think a time warframe would work real well. Stopping and slowing enemies is rad.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

That would last about three days before DE_Steve went "oh holy poo poo NO" and nerfed the hell out of it.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

randombattle posted:

Stuff like this is why I think a time warframe would work real well. Stopping and slowing enemies is rad.
Ult: A GUN! THAT CAN KILL! THE PAST!
TimeFrame manifests a large black box and slams it on the ground. The squad is sent into a mission in the past which results in their current mission being already completed and rewards granted upon their return to the present. Five shots only.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
Could have a flipmode ulti where in one mode enemies move faster and your teammates do more damage, and another where enemies much slower and and your teammates are tankier? Maybe the 1 move could make a monster take DOT damage and run in reverse for a bit or something. Another move could "reverse" the damage your teammates have taken and unspend the energy they've used :haw:

Spooky Bear Ghost fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Aug 17, 2015

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

I like how Obex with Brutal Tide makes you into a breakdancer. Pity the "copter" charge is only a single-point roll-doublekick, instead of something AOE like most copters.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
The airdash is a roundhouse kick, which hits aoe I think.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
I just want a time warframe so i can make endless DIO jokes.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

Nalesh posted:

The airdash is a roundhouse kick, which hits aoe I think.

Yeah, your launch zone has a small amount of damage, which typically knocks enemies over, but there are exilus mods you can get from sabotage missions (the orokin caches) that give you any of the basic damage types (slash, impact, heat, toxin, etc) You can upgrade them to do more damage.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
with max Fire walker i do like 50 damage on a jump it's loving worthless do not bother.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

The DMG bullet jump mods costs 12 points to slot, Mobilize costs 5. The difference is 4,2% more bullet jump and laughable dmg. If you have the cores to level them and the forma to make them fit in your frames go for it, but it's a lot of effort for almost no gain.

The lighting one have a chance to stun mobs at least.

VVV My Chesa does that for me

Sandweed fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Aug 17, 2015

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The lightning bullet jump is good for busting open containers nearby. vOv

wid
Sep 7, 2005

Neo_Crimson posted:

1. Play Rhino.
2. Equip Obex/Kogake.
3. Max Fury, True Steel and Berserker.
4. Find mob, Stomp, MUDAMUDAMUDAMUDA on their floating bodies.
5. WWWRRRYYYYYYYYYY!!!

PS. You can kinda make Rhino to look like The World.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Limbo Agile stance for the Jojo Magic Fingers.
<--- as seen here

E: Nvm, he fixed it

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Aug 17, 2015

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!
Working on a Doom Super Shotgun

I must take this insanity further, but I don't know how. Its so good at taking out all the headaches in every mission.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Highwang posted:

I must take this insanity further, but I don't know how. Its so good at taking out all the headaches in every mission.
Here you go.

Adjust elements to taste and swap in a normal Point Blank if you don't have the primed version.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Just start formaing to switch out the status mods with the pure elemental dmg mods. The best status in the game is still death.

Synnr
Dec 30, 2009

randombattle posted:

I ramble about it in dull survival missions sometimes, but I totally want some kind of temporal compression aura mod. Make it cost points instead of giving them and make the baddies move faster, idc just let me accelerate the game mode.

wid
Sep 7, 2005

Synnr posted:

I ramble about it in dull survival missions sometimes, but I totally want some kind of temporal compression aura mod. Make it cost points instead of giving them and make the baddies move faster, idc just let me accelerate the game mode.

Uhhh fastNova does this already.

Black_Oni 165
Mar 11, 2015

wid posted:

Uhhh fastNova does this already.

But does not increase the speed of the counter in survival missions. I think that is what he was hoping for.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

That's never going to happen. Five minutes is five minutes.

Black_Oni 165
Mar 11, 2015
No I know that, just wanted to point out what I understood to be what he meant that is all.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Neo_Crimson posted:

Or just, you know, introduce a heavy metal themed frame.

Its ult is throwing the horns sign and playing a sick metal riff so that all the enemies form a huge hyper moshpit and mash eachother to pulp.

assemblyrequired
Jul 14, 2014

Nordick posted:

Or just, you know, introduce a heavy metal themed frame.

Its ult is throwing the horns sign and playing a sick metal riff so that all the enemies form a huge hyper moshpit and mash eachother to pulp.

I want a crit based rapier so I can pretend to be silver chariot. None of the single swords quite cut it in my eyes

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost

Fish Noise posted:

Ult: A GUN! THAT CAN KILL! THE PAST!
TimeFrame manifests a large black box and slams it on the ground. The squad is sent into a mission in the past which results in their current mission being already completed and rewards granted upon their return to the present. Five shots only.
More like "each shot takes 10 plat or a forma"

Nordick posted:

We already have a mosh pit Loki build that does the same thing basically.

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

assemblyrequired posted:

I want a crit based rapier so I can pretend to be silver chariot. None of the single swords quite cut it in my eyes

DE published some concept art for a rapier not too long ago, it looked pretty cool. It's supposed to come with a new stance.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another

assemblyrequired posted:

I would pay good money to have Lotus replaced with Speedwagon whenever I play Excalibur

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

necrobobsledder posted:

We already have a mosh pit Loki build that does the same thing basically.
You raise a valid point. I guess I'll just toss some Bolt Thrower on my Foobar the next time I play Loki.

EDIT: Seriously though, they still should make a heavy metal frame.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

What exactly are the mechanics of the Oculyst appearing? Because after much struggle from a friend of mine, I'm wondering how lucky I am to see one on my first solo Uranus mission. :smuggo:

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

I randomly encountered it on a regular Uranus mission. Fortunately I was using my Helios at the time so scanning it was a piece of cake.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Running regular Uranus missions with pubbs are a good way to get it to spawn, if someone is on the first stage of the quest you can trigger the quest that way since the Oculyst always spawn.

assemblyrequired
Jul 14, 2014

Eraflure posted:

DE published some concept art for a rapier not too long ago, it looked pretty cool. It's supposed to come with a new stance.

That looks fantastic and I sincerely hope they don't DE it up

Cicadalek posted:

I would pay good money to have Lotus replaced with Speedwagon whenever I play Excalibur

That would be amazing, I'd also pay a lot for an animation / emote set with jojo stances, especially Polnareff's legendary pose

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost

Nordick posted:

You raise a valid point. I guess I'll just toss some Bolt Thrower on my Foobar the next time I play Loki.

EDIT: Seriously though, they still should make a heavy metal frame.
For a capture mission if you don't finish before a couple Regurgitate songs are done, you took too long and need more Rush. Can't play old Immortal songs on the ice planet tileset because it takes me half of Battles in the North to make it to the first goddamn door with Volt and max speed zorens let alone finish the mission.

Most of the frames are pretty metal looking already. The crazy head gear on frames like Nyx is pretty metal. Nekros looks pretty black metal at least (and is correspondingly the goddamn weakest frame that everyone makes fun of for having a single trick that it does pretty drat well and nothing else). Hell, they've got metal skin for starters. I don't want no Brutal Legend vibe in this game, hell no.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Do extractors have a decent chance of getting cells, or will I always have to farm for them?

Also: should I potato my marelok or should I try it to see if I like it, and then try to trade for a vaykor?

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Boy, you gotta carry that weight
Carry that weight a long time
Nah. If you can get an upgraded version of a gun/frame without a ton of grinding, in general I would save your potato for the upgraded version. Vaykor mareloks are pretty cheap and plenty of goons have the reputation for them.

metasynthetic
Dec 2, 2005

in one moment, Earth

in the next, Heaven

Megamarm
I'd say I get one rare resource harvest per extractor per week. So yeah, you'll need to farm, extractors don't really help much.

Don't potato a basic marelok. Try it, if you remotely like it then yes get a vaykor and potato that, it's great.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Are goons really so flush with reputation that they would give away / trade cheaply for syndicate stuff? I don't have much except a few R5s, I spent most of yesterday's reward on maxing out some mods for my doomcannon Hek.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
I've been away for a while, and now I see a lot of players running the Hek again. Did it get buffed? Or is this just a result of Primed Point Blank?