Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Hat Thoughts posted:

It was before they were relevant through those avenues

The show does not look funny but this makes noooo sense

A list of 10 things comprising an article. Rubbish. You won't believe what happens next! A third of the show is showing you what is coming up next and another third is showing you what just happened. That kind of stuff, AGT is unwatchable because of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Apoplexy posted:

Check out the people who didn't win on that show if you want to be full of rage.

I'm outraged that Ant and Battlebots host Bil Dwyer didn't win their seasons.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BP5zhx-PfA

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

My favorite part about Norm's Colonel Sanders is that he's totally Canadian during the setup, and only puts on the southern accent during the pitch.

lessthankyle
Dec 19, 2002

SKA SUCKS
Soiled Meat

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
He looks like Jeff Bridges in that gif.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Norm needs to do one of the drinking gravy bits from the podcast as Colonel Sanders

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Finger-licking good

rest his guts
Mar 3, 2013

...pls father forgive me
for my terrible post history...
I'm having a hard time believing Norm would prostitute himself for a dinery that serves not his favored Coca-Cola, but only Pepsi; his least favorite beverage.

Startling lack of conviction.

Paul Kersey
Oct 28, 2004

Norm's been going through a bit of a resurgence the past couple of years, and I couldn't be happier. Will somebody (not Comedy Central) give this guy a show and just leave him alone to do it?

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Norm might fit in on Comedy Central now. It's sort of a different Network now as opposed to what it was back a few years ago when all it did was desperately try to get a new Chappelle's Show.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Yeah some solid stuff like Nathan For You, Kroll Show, etc.

rest his guts
Mar 3, 2013

...pls father forgive me
for my terrible post history...

Drunkboxer posted:

Norm might fit in on Comedy Central now. It's sort of a different Network now as opposed to what it was back a few years ago when all it did was desperately try to get a new Chappelle's Show.

I'd watch a reality show solely comprised of Norm being driven to various delis/AM radio shows by those under his tutelage.

Or a sitcom loosely structured around Norm's real life in which he abuses Adam Egret in between trying to get back into smoking, reading literature and writing jokes about the holocaust.

Paul Kersey
Oct 28, 2004

rest his guts posted:

Or a sitcom loosely structured around Norm's real life in which he abuses Adam Egret in between trying to get back into smoking, reading literature and writing jokes about the holocaust.

I'm all for this. I could watch him abuse Adam Egret all day.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Honestly his podcast was the best vehicle for him. He's funniest telling jokes behind a desk/bullshitting with guests with no filter. Hope he does another season.

Ein
Feb 27, 2002

rest his guts posted:

I'd watch a reality show solely comprised of Norm being driven to various delis/AM radio shows by those under his tutelage.

Yeah, a tv show sort of like The Trip would probably work well for him or at least be a better fit than a regular scripted sitcom.
If you haven't seen it here's the IMDB blurb about it

quote:

Steve Coogan has been asked by The Observer to tour the country's finest restaurants, but after his girlfriend backs out on him he must take his best friend and source of eternal aggravation, Rob Brydon.

The concept is a pretty loose and open ended comedy. It would be similar to his podcast but with a bit of a story and set in different locations, making it a better fit as a TV show.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
He was gonna have that FX show that was supposed to segue into Always Sunny but got canned when The League was successful.

theradiostillsucks
Feb 3, 2006

I am the undisputed king of an infinite amount of nothing, don't correct me when I'm wrong, I'm proud to wear the crown of fools
How long before KFC gets the Mangrate treatment? Or will Norm's obvious faith in the product (Pepsi products aside) keep things from heading in the direction of everyone's favorite cast eye-rin grilling grate?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

theradiostillsucks posted:

How long before KFC gets the Mangrate treatment? Or will Norm's obvious faith in the product (Pepsi products aside) keep things from heading in the direction of everyone's favorite cast eye-rin grilling grate?

He already said in one of the podcasts that he thought KFC was disgusiting, but then he became a gross fat guy and suddenly couldn't get enough of it.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

steinrokkan posted:

He already said in one of the podcasts that he thought KFC was disgusiting, but then he became a gross fat guy and suddenly couldn't get enough of it.
Leave him alone, he's been putting on weight for a role! (the role of Colonel Sanders)

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Anyone watching Last Comic Standing? I've seen the first 3 or 4 episodes. Pretty standard reality competition show stuff so far. Norm is the only judge that gives thoughtful feedback to the contestants, offering tags to jokes and career advice.

Overall the format makes it pretty dull, but there are a couple comics I look forward to seeing more of as the show goes on.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Paul Kersey posted:

Norm's been going through a bit of a resurgence the past couple of years, and I couldn't be happier. Will somebody (not Comedy Central) give this guy a show and just leave him alone to do it?

I think everyone here knows he'd abandon it somehow after like 4 episodes

j8910
Apr 2, 2002
Norm literally had a Comedy Central show that ran for 12 episodes four years ago.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I thought it was 9. I only have 9 of the episodes of Sports Show. :(

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
It was such a funny show too. It's a real shame they didn't renew it.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Oh look, Adam Egret has earned his first IMDB entry :3:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm7092619/

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

steinrokkan posted:

Oh look, Adam Egret has earned his first IMDB entry :3:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm7092619/

Who would work with that scumbag?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

The Human Crouton posted:

Who would work with that scumbag?

David Spade noted he sounded like Buffalo Bill

He ended up playing Buffalo Bill in David Spade's vehicle.

What a strange coincidence.

Also David Spade is a holocaust apologist.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Why would a Holocaust apologist work with a Holocaust denialist?!

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
"Who's Adam Eget... you?"
"Yeah..."
"Is that really your last name? loving change it"

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

How Much Art posted:

"Who's Adam Eget... you?"
"Yeah..."
"Is that really your last name? loving change it"

Lol which ep is this from?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

a cop posted:

Lol which ep is this from?

The one with Spade.

icehewk
Jul 7, 2003

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
Norm interview:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/norm-macdonald-a-raw-uncensored-819420

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Norm posted:

If a guy went up and said, “Jesus Christ is our lord and savior,” I’d say, “drat, that guy’s brave!”

Norm said exactly this as the setup to a joke at a show I saw in Boston, and he in fact repeated the phrase "Jesus Christ is our lord and savior" several times. People were actually pissed. It was fantastic.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Norm has been live tweeting Dodger games the last two games, which is awesome as a Dodger fan. He did Monday's game, a 14 inning marathon, along with some random college kid who started tweeting at him.

Also on sports, did anyone see his scorched earth bombing of Vice Sports last week? The site asked him to contribute articles but rejected his first one. They then asked if he could interview athletes... And then expected him to pull out his Rolodex filled with athletes. And when Norm called them out on this, their EIC sent him a snarky tweet showing the guidelines on freelancing. So Norm spent the entire day retweeting people making fun of the EIC's past prose and the site in general. Real childish but hilarious too.

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

i listened to all the episodes twice, what other podcasts are good for someone who thinks this is good?

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
Tuesday's with stories with joe list and mark Normand.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Gilbert godfried

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

ThePriceIsRight posted:

i listened to all the episodes twice, what other podcasts are good for someone who thinks this is good?

I assume you've heard about Uhh Yeah Dude?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theradiostillsucks
Feb 3, 2006

I am the undisputed king of an infinite amount of nothing, don't correct me when I'm wrong, I'm proud to wear the crown of fools

Skip My Posts posted:

Gilbert godfried

Seconded. Few have the tenacity to put everything into a joke like Gilbert, and I think the man remembers most of the dialogue from every movie he's ever seen.

• Locked thread