Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Speaking of bad advice in FC chat, I had a resident idiot in my FC on Exodus (Hakaisha Kenpachi, for any locals) theorycraft for hours about how parry is superior to strength for paladins against about 5 people basically going "no shut up, that's wrong, here's why". He's also the "I'm a navy marine with health issues and my opinions are good and right" type idiot. I could have put my loving fist through my monitor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

This was me. I spent some stupid amount of time there and turned in the last two quests... Only to have 5 more pop up in the northwest corner. gently caress this place and my compulsion tondo everything.

Touchfuzzy
Dec 5, 2010

God, if only I could get a golden, shiny dollar-sign belt.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

cheetah7071 posted:

If you really want to be lazy as a drg, just do the level 60 rotation without Geirskogul. That's way easier than the level 50 rotation, and probably higher damage as well.

If you have BoD up and are hitting combo finishers, then yes, doing the 60 rotation of HT > CT > Ph > FT > HT repeat is fine. If you do not have blood of the dragon up, you need to switch back to the 2.0 rotation with two full thrusts per chaos thrust.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Where the hell is the 'bridge' in the Matoya's Cave side-quest.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

SirPhoebos posted:

Where the hell is the 'bridge' in the Matoya's Cave side-quest.

Go west.

General tip:
It's not actually a bridge.

More accurate tip:
It's a tree trunk suspended over two sides of cliff. You have to physically stand on it to activate the interaction point.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

jyrque posted:

More accurate tip:
It's a tree trunk suspended over two sides of cliff. You have to physically stand on it to activate the interaction point.
Many people fly over this thing accidentally and trigger it without ever having seen the actual bridge

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

I have a question. I've been trying to just rush to level 60 started skipping cutscenes around the level 48 msq. Now that I'm at the end of heavensward's msq is there anywhere I can watch all the cutscenes from in one continuous video through 2.55 and heavensward? I just want to watch it while grinding out botany or something and not watch it in my room.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Touchfuzzy posted:

God, if only I could get a golden, shiny dollar-sign belt.

The one thing I miss from WoW was transmogging my big gold championship belt on every outfit my warrior had.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

RC Cola posted:

I have a question. I've been trying to just rush to level 60 started skipping cutscenes around the level 48 msq. Now that I'm at the end of heavensward's msq is there anywhere I can watch all the cutscenes from in one continuous video through 2.55 and heavensward? I just want to watch it while grinding out botany or something and not watch it in my room.

YouTube maybe, at this point.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

RC Cola posted:

Not offhand, but try poking around on google or youtube and see if you come up with anything.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

chairman abusing his position :argh:

is airship stuff the only way to get dusk leather :(

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

Kitfox88 posted:

chairman abusing his position :argh:

is airship stuff the only way to get dusk leather :(

Yes, but we'll presumably have a steady stream of it now that we know how to get it, and it'll increase in a few days once our second airships get to 50.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Vil posted:

Not offhand, but try poking around on google or youtube and see if you come up with anything.

OK. I found a 1-50 one before heading to work today. Hopefully there is one for up to 2.55 and heavensward

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
I suggest a Star Trek style coloring. Gold for Tanks, Blue for Healers, Red for DPS.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

armoredgorilla posted:

I suggest a Star Trek style coloring. Gold for Tanks, Blue for Healers, Red for DPS.

I guess it is more of a original series look so this makes sense...

Fluegel
Apr 7, 2007
So I just finished the 2.0 story by getting dragged through the Praetorium. Now there's a whole bunch of content and I'm not sure where to start. Should I just continue with the story quests? Any important things to unlock? Should I even bother with lvl50 dungeons? There's so much to do!

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

Fluegel posted:

So I just finished the 2.0 story by getting dragged through the Praetorium. Now there's a whole bunch of content and I'm not sure where to start. Should I just continue with the story quests? Any important things to unlock? Should I even bother with lvl50 dungeons? There's so much to do!

follow msq, unlock everything, do everything

Kuai
May 25, 2004

Fluegel posted:

Just do the story quests and be sure not to waste time on the meme Hildibrand quests that goons will try to make you waste your time on.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Kuai posted:

Just do the story quests and be sure not to waste time on the meme Hildibrand quests that goons will try to make you waste your time on.

No, do them. The cutscenes are good and you get a good dance and a good emote and two good boss fights out of the deal.

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!

Kuai posted:

Just do the Hildibrand quests and be sure not to waste time on the main story quests that goons will try to make you waste your time on.

Fixed that typo for you, pal.

Edit: on a serious note, the MSQ with the meteor icons is still going to be your top priority. There's a number of level 50 quests to unlock dung one for HLDR you will wanna do eventually but there's no rush there with Heavensward content yet to see. The Hildibrand questline is a blast and should be done at some point no matter what the fun haters say.

i am tim! fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Aug 17, 2015

Warren
Aug 9, 2009

What the-

Kuai posted:

Just do the story quests and be sure to do all the Hildibrand quests.

Though honestly I would recommend doing the Hildibrand quests at some point. Try to space them out, however, as the quest chain is 4 quests per plot line. I would recommend doing one of the quests per patch you finish so they don't end too quickly. You do get a outfit and some persistent emotes once you finish the Hildi quests completely.

EFB

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Fluegel posted:

As someone that just did the 2.1-2.55 blitz, I would recommend interspersing doing msq stuff with side stuff if you care about following the story. Because otherwise the msq is going to be dumping a metric assload of plot on you . I compare it to trying to catch up on, say, Game of Thrones, but because of a glitch in the DVR all you see are the season finales.

WobblySausage
Nov 7, 2014

My dude. Maining Ninja at the moment (level 46).

When does the leather armor start to look better? I don't know how much longer I can take walking around in subligars and assless chaps.

edit: also how can I get my ACT overplay plugin window to look like this:

?

WobblySausage fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Aug 17, 2015

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

WobblySausage posted:

When does the leather armor start to look better? I don't know how much longer I can take walking around in subligars and assless chaps.

At level 50 when you unlock glamours.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Kuai posted:

You get /hildy, /mdance and a green chicken. What more could you want.

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

hobbesmaster posted:

You get /hildy, /mdance and a green chicken. What more could you want.

also ultros and wind-up hildy

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Merely icing on the cake.

2 SPOOKY
Sep 9, 2010

Always Be Alert!
Honestly, Hildebrand was a bit of a let-down for me after all the goon hype. It was amusing, and the animation is pretty stellar, but it was hardly the best questing this game has to offer, to me at least.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Do we have any idea when 3.1 is supposed to drop?

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

WobblySausage posted:

Make sure you do your job quest at level 45 and 50. You'll get your job specific armor (except for the new jobs, Dark Knight, Machinist, and Astrology) and a recolor ilv90 version which will springboard you into mid-level 50 gear. The variety of how equipment looks expands a lot at level 50 too, some dungeons have their own distinct gear sets (some became crafted leveling gear for 50-60) and you get glamors which lets you select the look of your gear instead of being stuck with whatever is best stat-wise. Glamors only let you use gear that you could equip anyways though, so no ninjas glamored in tank gear for example.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

3.1 info is supposed to be coming with the anniversary stream on Friday.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Vahalla posted:

Honestly, Hildebrand was a bit of a let-down for me after all the goon hype. It was amusing, and the animation is pretty stellar, but it was hardly the best questing this game has to offer, to me at least.

Get the gently caress out.

:frogout:

:dogout:

:fuckoff:

2 SPOOKY
Sep 9, 2010

Always Be Alert!

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

What, no :gitgud: ? Not sure If I understand, need more emoticons pls

Unrelated, but does anyone still have the link to that screenshot of the BOOST macro? This got dredged up on reddit but isn't half as good as the one posted here: http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/31722-the-infamous-Gprime-boost-macro

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Vahalla posted:

It leads into three pretty excellent boss instances, so that's pretty nice. It's funny too.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Hildibrand was good, but I think people have a selective memory and forget how some of the middle quests kind of drag on. It's an entertaining questline, but goons have hyped it up so much that anyone who goes into it after reading here is probably going to be a little let down outside of Godbert events.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

WobblySausage posted:

edit: also how can I get my ACT overplay plugin window to look like this:

?

Go do your lvl 45 job quest son, you'll get the first pieces of your AF, just leaving you with a random chest piece up till 50, then you can make yourself pretty like everyone said.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Ouhei posted:

Go do your lvl 45 job quest son, you'll get the first pieces of your AF, just leaving you with a random chest piece up till 50, then you can make yourself pretty like everyone said.
Ah, the traditional Sexy Ninja outfit of all ninja AF and the chestpiece from darkhold. :allears:

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Vahalla posted:

Yeah, I really enjoyed the gladiator episode, but the rest was just ok. The goofy facial animations got a bit grating at times too, but I guess that's just the.style.

I don't think grinding the quests out over three nights helped my experience either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Hildibrand was ok. Nothing stellar but occasionally really funny.

• Locked thread