Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

TheScott2K posted:

Motherfucker swings for the fences.

She ended up with some dumbass millionaire's kid and then died in a car crash like a loving peasant so yea, she pretty obviously could have and did do worse than Trump.

What the gently caress is this post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

What the gently caress is this post.

The truth

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Trump dropped in the polls

(1 point lol)

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
I demand new polls, from the people that make polls.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Bellmaker posted:

(1 point lol)

And Pataki is up 1%. Everything's coming up Pataki :getin:

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Bellmaker posted:

(1 point lol)

Gilmore :smith:. Maybe if he keeps at it, he'll get into integers!

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Yeah, but how is Deez Nuts doing?

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Rush Limbaugh's opening rant today was about the 'elites' vs Trump. Basically he said that 'big money elites' are fighting against the best interests of the American people, and that both parties are in their pockets...

We are through the looking glass folks.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Trump is..progressive

quote:

Yesterday on Meet The Press he also declared that he supports LGBT employment anti-discrimination protections.

He acknowledged critics who say he’s not a real conservative “have a point from years ago.” But Trump has insisted he’s more in-line with the GOP now, and pointed to Ronald Reagan, who he said was “a Democrat, absolutely, with a liberal bent” before becoming a Republican as a similar case. Still, Trump offered those critics further cause for skepticism during the interview. He said he was “fine with affirmative action,” noting “we’ve lived with it for a long time,” though many conservatives have argued it’s unnecessary today. He also said he’s willing to back recent court decisions banning private companies from firing employees because of their sexual orientation — and that he himself agrees with the decision.”I don’t think it should be a reason” employers can use to fire workers, he said.

http://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/donald-trump-keep-minimum-wage-pretty-much-where-it-now-n410571

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Trump is first and only presidential candidate to have

A board game
A Video game
Been On WWE
A reality show

Any others?

Did Jesse Ventura ever actually officially run for President?

Because he can stump the trump on these categories

Dahn
Sep 4, 2004

Rincewinds posted:

I am half expecting MTV to announce a Jackass special which will consist of Trump going "Hi, I am Donald Trump and this is Jackass" followed by various clips of him traveling across America to music of Corona.

Jackass cast members bungee jumping out of the trump helicopter in golden speedos with make America great again embroidered on the rear end.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
i hope lindsey graham has the courage to bow out soon without offing himself

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

zeal posted:

i hope lindsey graham has the courage to bow out soon without offing himself

Before doing so release Trump's personal contacts.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Would giving the nomination to fringe like Carson/Cruz result in a bigger Dem victory than 2008?

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Trump Leads GOP Field, Fiorina Rises as Walker Fades

http://morningconsult.com/2015/08/trump-leads-gop-field-fiorina-rises-as-walker-fades/

quote:

A new Morning Consult survey of self-identified Republicans and Republican-leaning independents shows Trump maintaining his standing at 32 percent, far ahead of former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush (R), who earns 12 percent of the vote.

No other candidate breaks into double digits: Retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson is in third place, with seven percent of the vote. Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee (R) and Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) are tied for fourth place at six percent each, with Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) nipping at their heels at five percent.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

I know this poll is a huge outlier, but Walker at 3% :stare:

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Slate Action posted:

I know this poll is a huge outlier, but Walker at 3% :stare:

Thank God.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
gently caress Scott Walker and absolutely everything he stands for.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

blue squares posted:

Brannock what is your obsession with calling the Clintons "HRC," "Rodham," "WJC" and etc.?

I think it was because someone told him Hillary wasn't technically part of the "Clinton dynasty" because she's only married to Bill.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Brannock posted:

gently caress Scott Walker and absolutely everything he stands for.

This is a true and good statement.

Carson, though... he's crazy and beginning to worry me. I'm hoping he goes after Trump soon, so Trump can turn his guns on him full-force.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

PT6A posted:

Carson, though... he's crazy and beginning to worry me. I'm hoping he goes after Trump soon, so Trump can turn his guns on him full-force.

Trump/Carson/Cruz are allies of the moment... I doubt that will happen.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
I am a bad person because I want to watch trump get into a fight on stage

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

So how long till this kind of stuff catches up with Trump?

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx
His numbers would go into the stratosphere. Even if he lost.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

How great would it be if by February it was Trump, Carson, Cruz, Fiorina, Huckabee

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

PostNouveau posted:

So how long till this kind of stuff catches up with Trump?

It won't, because most conservatives support this sort of stuff so long as it's presented to them in a way that doesn't clash with their identity.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

It turns out people are willing to accept pretty much whatever platform you feel like as long as you appeal to their deeply rooted institutional racism.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

blue squares posted:

How great would it be if by February it was Trump, Carson, Cruz, Fiorina, Huckabee

Sounds very firm. Either Huckabee or Fiorina will not be left.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

A thought occured to me today - Trump vs Hillary might actually be an amazing thing for the American political process. Not because of the entertainment value (which would be great), but because they're both teflon candidates. Both of them can get hit with drat near every scandal under the sun and shrug it off like no one else can. That's pretty unheard of and would require both sides to radically alter how they campaign. It might even require an actual focus on issues and positions and that sort of insanity.

vv Hey, I said 'might'. Stranger things - like Trump submitting the FEC paperwork - have happened.

Tempest_56 fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Aug 18, 2015

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Tempest_56 posted:

It might even require an actual focus on issues and positions and that sort of insanity.

:allears:

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
I love the pictures Salon chose for their article

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Nah, at this point it would be more about who can motivate their base more.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Trump Frog vs FeelSanders 2016 becoming more a reality.

Weltlich
Feb 13, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Kylra posted:

Nah, at this point it would be more about who can motivate their base more.

Hillary is great at motivating the base to vote

FOR TRUMP

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

I'm at a point where if it somehow ended up Clinton vs Trump I'd really have to think about it. A Trump presidency would be a disaster but I think a Clinton one would be pretty lovely too. I don't know. I didn't think I could become more disillusioned with politics but here we are. I honestly feel like they'd make similar SCOTUS noms. Seeing the entire Republican establishment throw a shitfit for four years that would make the last eight years look reasonable and cordial may do it for me.

PT6A posted:

There are way too many old racists still alive whose votes they depend on. They're at least a decade from running a minority candidate and even then it'll probably be someone, uh, lighter, like Rubio. Herman Cain was the frontrunner at one point in 2012 to give you an idea of how afraid of Ben Carson you should be.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Mirthless posted:

Donald Trump is shattering the REAL glass ceiling

The crystal ceiling.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

mr. mephistopheles posted:

I'm at a point where if it somehow ended up Clinton vs Trump I'd really have to think about it. A Trump presidency would be a disaster but I think a Clinton one would be pretty lovely too. I don't know. I didn't think I could become more disillusioned with politics but here we are. I honestly feel like they'd make similar SCOTUS noms. Seeing the entire Republican establishment throw a shitfit for four years that would make the last eight years look reasonable and cordial may do it for me.

What the gently caress are you talking about? A Trump presidency would be leagues worse than a Clinton one, and in what world are they going to be making similar SCOTUS nominations? This "both parties are the same!" bullshit is getting tiring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Hillary Clinton is the Dems Mitt Romney.

"Anyone but him. Except these other assholes trying to run, they're even less electable. gently caress."

Fortunately the Republicans don't have an Obama.

• Locked thread