Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Cakefool posted:

Holy poo poo the house might be ours by the end of the week that's a surprise. :stare:

Just waiting for documents to move around and one final inspection then I can go do a buy off inspection.

Woooooooooooooooooo!

I need to move house in the next month, trying to find a 4 bed place to rent that has a garage and drive is surprisingly hard in this town due to virtually every single property with 4 rooms or more being bought up by landlords to rent out to university students for 4/5 times the cost of their mortgages.

It's bollocks really and I don't want to buy a place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Phone posted:

Your avatar, dumbass

I'm not that old what the heck

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004

Fo3 posted:

Not Monday anymore here. I wish the original gauntlet game was on n64. I loved that game so much in the arcades. Seems a shame the nintendo with 4 controllers doesn't have a direct port. Right now playing cruisin' world, getting drunk and trying to PITT other NPCs for fun rather than win. Seems hard to do, it's easier to get NPCs to crash by hogging the road and them trying to PITT me. Driving the GM looking thing with the massive blower on top, launching with the wheels up on start seems to give a massive advantage to get from 9th to the front on the start if you get it right.

I remember the gauntlet game on N64 being loving awesome. Gauntlet Legacy or something like that. I played the heck out of that with the neighbor kids.

I still have holes in my hands from the twin sticks. Mario party rules.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

14 INCH SLIT posted:

The moment the human body discovers thst the ability to detect and relay the sensation of heat and pain exceeds what was previously assumed to be the absolute limit by orders of magnitude

My buddy shattered his femur drunk on a motorcycle. We baked him some pot cookies to take to him in the hospital. To make sure he didnt eat all of them in one go because he would have, we laced them with cayenne pepper. He thanked us later.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Gauntlet Legends. It was a bit poo poo but my friends and I just had to finish it...

Kinda sad that consoles concentrate on single player poo poo or multiplayer online rather than giving you an excuse to pile your friends over into your living room, have some drinks, lovely takeaway and smash some games.

:/

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....
Best text ever from my wife: "Dad is watching road kill with (almost 3 year old)."

(for reference, FIL is definitely not a "car guy")

:3:

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

14 INCH SLIT posted:

The moment the human body discovers thst the ability to detect and relay the sensation of heat and pain exceeds what was previously assumed to be the absolute limit by orders of magnitude

wait a second is this a picture of a younger 14 Inch, one not yet worn down by owl pellet abuse and masochistic car ownership?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
There are 5 Kia Souls in a ~40 spot parking lot on campus. Those hamsters can sell some cars.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
https://youtu.be/IEgkDuJyI0U

That seems to sum up this mornings posts

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

Astonishing Wang posted:

I remember the gauntlet game on N64 being loving awesome. Gauntlet Legacy or something like that. I played the heck out of that with the neighbor kids.

I still have holes in my hands from the twin sticks. Mario party rules.

Yeah, I looked it up and it was some 3d version that looks poo poo.
Back in the 90s I bought a playstation because I couldn't afford a PC. I mainly bought driving games for it (tocca, gt, rally etc), plus tekken and soccer.
My GF at the time wanted a n64 for banjo kazoie, so I bought that system too, along with zelda, mario kart, dk, perfect dark. Now I'm just sitting here wishing I could play the 2d original gauntlet somehow; that's my thought for the day.

88h88 posted:

Gauntlet Legends. It was a bit poo poo but my friends and I just had to finish it...

Kinda sad that consoles concentrate on single player poo poo or multiplayer online rather than giving you an excuse to pile your friends over into your living room, have some drinks, lovely takeaway and smash some games.

:/
Cartridge 4p supremecy :lol:
Back in the day, used to have people bring over PCs for multiplayer fun. Setting up a lan and getting everyone installed and patched was a nightmare. I still have literal boxes of cat5, power leads and a few 10 port switched hubs laying around.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Aug 17, 2015

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
Straight Outta Compton is pretty good but holy poo poo Dre, and Cube come out of it looking clean.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

Fixed that for you.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Pham Nuwen posted:

wait a second is this a picture of a younger 14 Inch, one not yet worn down by owl pellet abuse and masochistic car ownership?

I'd put that around 2006-7 or so, just after the 2002, during the E30 era, and from memory mere months before the tale of Lowered Expectations. Possibly as late as 2008/9, I'd have to check dates on photos to be sure.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Goddamn I love owning a beater. Nothing like fixing paint chips and rust by throwing on a quick and dirty masking job over the windows and just rattlecan bombing everything gloss white to sorta half-rear end match the paint :allears:

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)

14 INCH SLIT posted:

I'd put that around 2006-7 or so, just after the 2002, during the E30 era, and from memory mere months before the tale of Lowered Expectations. Possibly as late as 2008/9, I'd have to check dates on photos to be sure.

So young and innocent :3:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Jesus look at the way I posted when I bought Lowered Expectations.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3023940&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

Fo3 posted:

So young and innocent :3:

i wonder what he would look like now if he shaved off all that facial hair

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)
why is corn in the fridge.

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
idk i didnt put it there

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

corn in the fridge posted:

i wonder what he would look like now if he shaved off all that facial hair

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Oh gently caress yes! My plumber checked my house and the neighbor's and found her AC condensate line is plugged and leaking into both our places. Once she gets that poo poo fixed I'll let my insurance company know and they'll pursue hers. :toot:

alternate.eago
Jul 19, 2006
Insert randomness here.
Wow I missed a lot in the hiatus I took from SA.

I got a new job, and its really weird being the dumbest person in the room. I also got back into IT :sigh: But huge pay bump, so I can pay down bills and buy car poo poo. Hopefully I can get the All Trac running this year. And I really need to stop looking at craigslist Rage Rovers.....

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

BloodBag posted:

Oh gently caress yes! My plumber checked my house and the neighbor's and found her AC condensate line is plugged and leaking into both our places. Once she gets that poo poo fixed I'll let my insurance company know and they'll pursue hers. :toot:

Did you at least get a date out of it?

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Nothing like being depressed and wanting to crawl into a hole and hide then sharing a small motel room with a co-worker all week.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

quote:

The way we decide to view it is the way it is. Cat, your "utter truth" is yours and yours alone, and is created by your reaction, not by the world itself.

You seriously need to get more cynical because bluntly put, what I described is exactly how the world works. You are a nothing, we all are nothings, the world does not give a poo poo about you or problems, evil fat fucks think of new and exciting ways for the young men to die, Huxley's Brave New World AND Orwell's 1984 have come true, politicans and corporations rule your life like the Kings and slavemasters of old... and you can do absolutly nothing about it.

That is the bitter, cruel and harsh truth of the world Mankind has created.

Now if you want my "Yours and Yours alone" opinion, I view that there are escapes that seem obvious but you dont realize how difficult they are until you try them. Mine is "Don't be an rear end in a top hat". The world severely tries my patience and temper even on the best of days to say the least.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Nothing like being depressed and wanting to crawl into a hole and hide then sharing a small motel room with a co-worker all week.

Champagne dreams on Malt Liquor means buddy.

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

You seriously need to get more cynical because bluntly put, what I described is exactly how the world works. You are a nothing, we all are nothings, the world does not give a poo poo about you or problems, evil fat fucks think of new and exciting ways for the young men to die, Huxley's Brave New World AND Orwell's 1984 have come true, politicans and corporations rule your life like the Kings and slavemasters of old... and you can do absolutly nothing about it.

Now if you want my "Yours and Yours alone" opinion, I view that there are escapes that seem obvious but you dont realize how difficult they are until you try them. Mine is "Don't be an rear end in a top hat". The world severely tries my patience and temper even on the best of days to say the least.

this is all really interesting can i have a link to your tumblr??

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Just remember, only a few more days until NEAI.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Skipping four hundred and twenty nine posts

Look at me now :hehe:

Related: I cannot stop pooping today

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
^^Post more puppy pics

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

BraveUlysses posted:

^^Post more puppy pics

He did not like his cone of shame :saddowns:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
looks like speed racer is a shitlord lmao

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

BrokenKnucklez posted:

So what do you think is the next step in vehicle security?

obtuse, byzantine, irrelevant laws cooked up by dumbfuck politicians who feel the need to Do Something For The Children (Because Terrorists might crash cars), which will be poorly followed and implemented by large corporations who put the bare minimum of effort into making the required changes because management demands stupid poo poo fast while the engineers want to do it the proper way.

Hey, you asked :v:

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Hey if the bare minimum wasn't enough it wouldn't be the bare minimum :colbert:

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Don't think I've ever been told to be more cynical. Therapy?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Anger management would probably help mitigate that before an artery pops somewhere

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

He's not wrong though, but I mean in the long run what are you going to do about it?

Destroy the bourgeois I say

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Tusen Takk posted:

Skipping four hundred and twenty nine posts

Look at me now :hehe:

Related: I cannot stop pooping today

What's up fellow toilet buddy?

making GBS threads while posting.... So this is a poo poo post.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Thinking about the fastback again sent me in search of the exact moment the abyss finally stared back.

And then I got to the end of the thread and cried rereading the post where I sold the only car that's ever treated me right. Then realised start to finish that entire train wreck was almost exactly six months from purchase to sale and distinctly remember owning it for over a year :stare:

I've been chasing that fix ever since.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I just found out that my dad decided with two of my uncles to buy out my grandmother's house for a rental property before it goes out for sale through some convoluted scheme where they mortgage their existing rental property to buy out the three remaining brothers and themselves so they get an inheritance.

This comes like two months after I asked my dad if he wanted to buy out that house, I'd sell my place and if he just kept his stake in the property we could get a mortgage for the rest. I'd take over 70% of the mortgage and use the income from renting the downstairs to pay the rest plus buy him with interest with anything remaining. Finally after I got all my uncles to agree to it in principle he basically told me to gently caress off and that'd be too much work.

I'm a little pissed to be honest.

• Locked thread